GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a post of interest downstairs. Not sure if it is of any significance.

My guess would be involving so many entities might be due to harvest season and many transient/temporary workers in the area? Perhaps there have been other incidents in the community we are unaware of.

BTW: My comment about workers is not related to ethnicity, culture, or race; it is more geo-political and socioeconomics related to harvest season.

You know, that could be why Homeland Security is involved. I remember in the other case where HS listed on the Amber Alert poster, there was possible aspects relating to the uh, border.

Oh no, here we go with the media discrepancies. I wonder if they will have a presser tonight? They might.

Do. Not. Like. All the different versions of this morning.

We are either missing some information, or there is something wrong with the story. A six or seven year old isn't likely going to stomp out of the house ... probably isn't going to "have an argument with her mom" and even if both were true, the mom wouldn't let such a young child just stomp off, nor fail to check up on her more than once in a hour and a half.

Maybe a six or seven year old would be saucy to her mom, get set to her room and escape w/o her parents' knowledge. Even so, if the kids are quiet, a parent will assume that they are getting into mischief and will check to see what's up.

But for now, I'll assume that the story of what happen was just badly worded by the press.

You haven't met my daughter. Although she has never stomped out of the house, her repertoire of engaging tactics is impressive.

Hope the discrepancies are due to bad reporting, which is often the case.
But honestly, it seems like she should have been found hours ago, or seen by a local.

You know, that could be why Homeland Security is involved. I remember in the other case where HS listed on the Amber Alert poster, there was possible aspects relating to the uh, border.

I agree. Homeland security will come in if there is a chance of potential international abduction/border crossing. <modsnip>. :twocents:

But, it could also be they are the closest responding agency.

I was feeling really really optimistic just an hour ago, but now I am really worried because as mentioned above, the magnitude of this search is reminding me of Jessica's case.

I agree. Homeland security will come in if there is a chance of potential international abduction/border crossing. <modsnip>. :twocents:

The Secret Service is involved in missing person cases, even if the case has no connection to the President's security. So can we say for sure that HS is only involved in cases that deal with international abduction?

Do. Not. Like. All the different versions of this morning.

I'm not terribly concerned about this. At least, not at this point.

All too common in the age of MSM that HAS to be FIRST to get the story. They spare the accuracy and details to get there. Or even add their own spin to make their story the most interesting.

Now, if we get direct quotes from family stating different things, that's when we start to worry. But, not yet, IMO.

The Secret Service is involved in missing person cases, even if the case has no connection to the President's security. So can we say for sure that HS is only involved in cases that deal with international abduction?

Thanks, you are very correct. I added that idea and my post above after I hit submit. They could be the closest responding agency as well.

I am pretty sure I have Homeland Security come on board in other missing child cases. Whatever resources are available, LE will use IMO. Maybe they have a more advanced way to search corn fields for example...

I was feeling really really optimistic just an hour ago, but now I am really worried because as mentioned above, the magnitude of this search is reminding me of Jessica's case.

Thinking about this further, maybe the magnitude of this search is simply due to the fact the local police department is smart enough to know that they need help and do not have the resources to adequately provide for a thorough search, and therefore were especially prompt, efficient and resolute in getting other agencies quickly involved, as opposed to other cases we see in small towns where the local pd "thinks" they can handle everything and valuable time is lost.

I would be interested in what her favorite things are, maybe horses? dogs? bugs? and go check those areas out. I imagine she knows her town very well and if she has control she would gravitate towards her favorite places. My son is 7 and he walked out "looking for me" once and I found him at a tractor he was dying to see for days. I think all kids are so different I can see a 7 year old storming out pretty easily and in the clothing they suspect she is wearing. I was a lot like that at that age but I wouldn't be gone long because I would want to go home to pee. (lol)

I really relate having my own little 7 year old. please please please find her safe and soooon!

I am pretty sure I have Homeland Security come on board in other missing child cases. Whatever resources are available, LE will use IMO. Maybe they have a more advanced way to search corn fields for example...

Absolutely. I've seen border patrol come in on cases too because they were the best tracking experts, for example.

Looking at the google images of the address, I wonder if there are canals or irrigation ditches in the area? Also, does anyone know what the building near the home (Circle Drive) is with the parking lot? Church? High school? Thanks!

I can't seem to attach/upload the screen shot of the map for some reason right now. Sorry...

I may be barking up the wrong tree here...but I think the reason they're putting so much effort into finding her is due to funding. Big cities, I would think, don't have the funds to put all this on 1 missing person. Smaller towns, where hardly anything ever happens, I would imagine *might* have the excess funds to put toward finding a missing person.

I'm brand new here and I've been glued to this site all day. There are many of you (most of you actually) who know a whole lot more about what goes into an undertaking (finding a missing) than I do...but I'm just saying - I would think a small town like this would have extra money laying around they could put toward this...moreso than a big city where lots of crimes take place and lots of staff are held up elsewhere, etc.

I really pray she is found safe very soon.

They said her little sibling (sorry I don't remember if it is a brother or sister) was asked and they just pointed toward the door. A 3 year old is capable of speaking in full sentences (unless impaired somehow)...all the ones I've known have been able to carry on a full conversation. I haven't known many, but enough to know they speak clearly and can talk in full sentences just like you, or I. Pointing to the door could mean a lot of things. Someone could have grabbed her and taken her, and he or she pointed to the door to indicate such. That kiddo needs to be spoken to in depth.

I don't believe she walked out on her own.

Monnet said Willow’s mother Cierra Deryke was feeling ill, and was in bed. She got up once to check on Willow and her 3-year old brother, and they were watching TV. She got up later and Willow was gone."

http://highlighthollywood.com/2013/...-agencies-searching-highlight-hollywood-news/
Respectfully snipped.

Her name is spelled Ciara DeRyke. Her facebook is public. There are some great photos of Willow on there.. but none are too recent (by the looks of them).

Mods- delete if against TOS-- I'm never sure with Facebook and relatives.

I would be interested in what her favorite things are, maybe horses? dogs? bugs? and go check those areas out. I imagine she knows her town very well and if she has control she would gravitate towards her favorite places. My son is 7 and he walked out "looking for me" once and I found him at a tractor he was dying to see for days. I think all kids are so different I can see a 7 year old storming out pretty easily and in the clothing they suspect she is wearing. I was a lot like that at that age but I wouldn't be gone long because I would want to go home to pee. (lol)

I really relate having my own little 7 year old. please please please find her safe and soooon!

Indeed. If we were a little, angry 7 yr old girl, where would we go? A play ground, park, treehouse, friend's house...I'm wondering if she had access to a cellphone before she left, and maybe called a friend, but one would think LE would know this by now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josiee