GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
JD sure does spend a lot of time on the net, I wonder if the PD are looking in her computer - he could of googled "how to get away with murder"

LOL. I think some of us have been glued to WS for days...I am sure they are looking at his computer. That also might be why he went ahead and told them what he was doing.

Has anyone else been getting high security threat redzone intrusion alert blockages via their anti-hacker/anti-virus programs this evening while doing some hunting on the internet regarding this case? =/

I'm on a Mac so I don't get those. But, I don't click on sites either.

I'm sure this article has already been posted since I've been gone all day but haven't seen anything about the mom being arrested, has she?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...murder-in-stabbing-death-of-7-year-old-niece/

DeRyke told investigators he was home alone with Willow and her three-year-old brother Saturday night when Willow accidentally scratched him, according to court documents obtained by the station. This reportedly angered him and caused him to yell at Willow which in turn led her to run out of the house and towards a brush pile in the family's backyard.

DeRyke reportedly told police Willow began to twitch and he believed he had to end her suffering, so he grabbed a knife out of his bedroom, slit her throat and then stabbed her in the heart approximately five times.

BBM. I have a question. In the evidence presented it mentioned (if I recall) a laceration and a couple of stab wounds. Can anyone explain to me why JD stated he stabbed her in the heart 5 times? Would that be released with the potential COD for charges? I know we don't have the autopsy report, but, it seems odd to me that he says 5...Almost like, did he even do this? All his other details have been pretty elaborate...but..this seems off to me. Or maybe this is normal to only share bare minimum of autopsies. Thanks in advance if any of you know the answer to this...

BBM. I have a question. In the evidence presented it mentioned (if I recall) a laceration and a couple of stab wounds. Can anyone explain to me why JD stated he stabbed her in the heart 5 times? Would that be released with the potential COD for charges? I know we don't have the autopsy report, but, it seems odd to me that he says 5...Almost like, did he even do this? All his other details have been pretty elaborate...but..this seems off to me.

The coroner managed to include the wounds on her tiny hands and arms...those were certainly not COD. Quite frankly I think he got his victims mixed up and stabbed somebody else in the heart 5 times.

[Edit] Either that or he possibly took a toy, stuffed animal, piece of clothing, something else that she really cared about and stabbed it 5 times because that was where her heart was (IE a childhood item that she loves).

OR...he really did stab her in her heart 5 times and there's a reason that wasn't included specifically in the report. :(

I'm pretty sure all of that will become public knowledge fairly soon.

I wish that the little one could get some therapy but I doubt that happens. Its hard telling what that poor baby saw. :(

Has anyone else been getting high security threat redzone intrusion alert blockages via their anti-hacker/anti-virus programs this evening while doing some hunting on the internet regarding this case? =/

I havent but then again my internet stops me from going to some places. Also I do not go to some sites posted if I have not seen the poster often. Lets just say this computer has all kind of "evidence" that if something were to happen I would look horribly guilty even though I just looking up things from here to understand cases. So I carefully pick what I want to hunt down.

I havent but then again my internet stops me from going to some places. Also I do not go to some sites posted if I have not seen the poster often. Lets just say this computer has all kind of "evidence" that if something were to happen I would look horribly guilty even though I just looking up things from here to understand cases. So I carefully pick what I want to hunt down.

The stuff Ive looked up since I started following cases would make me look very bad. Id just tell them to check my web sleuths post count and hopefully that would convince them why.

The coroner managed to include the wounds on her tiny hands and arms...those were certainly not COD. Quite frankly I think he got his victims mixed up and stabbed somebody else in the heart 5 times.

Thanks. I get what you are saying. But, I am really serious and trying to learn something about how this process works. Most perps would be like "I only hit her a few times". But, why would he says he stabbed her more times then he did...unless the probable cause statement/evidence they use to press charges doesn't need to include all the autopsy results/injuries ...Anyone?

Someone stabbing in a rage probably doesn't count how many times they did it. Could it be like a ritualistic thing?

Thanks. I get what you are saying. But, I am really serious and trying to learn something about how this process works. Most perps would be like "I only hit her a few times". But, why would he says he stabbed her more times then he did...unless the probable cause statement/evidence they use to press charges doesn't need to include all the autopsy results/injuries ...Anyone?

His entire statement is a lie ...
It was a forced confession ..
Blah blah blah

IMO he thinks he is bullet proof.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I can not help because I was wondering the same thing as soon as I read it. :dunno:
Hope someone can help...

In the probable cause DOC it states that she fell on a stick out "Where they dump the cat litter" (not word for word) I wonder if he killed her there and poured kitty litter over the blood to conceal it? We use it to soak up oil on the driveway so it makes sense to me. far behind you all hope this isnt a repeat thought!

That's about what I said (almost verbatim) which is a little creepy, but yeh our family and friends use kitty litter for oil spills also, and most of us don't have cats. The only thing is that I don't believe she fell on a stick in the back yard. She might have fallen on a stick, but she was too smart to just run to the back yard where she'd know she would be caught. I believe she'd run down the street.

His entire statement is a lie ...
It was a forced confession ..
Blah blah blah

IMO he thinks he is bullet proof.

I am curious abut how the probable cause statement works. Do they just present enough evidence to justify the charges? Or do they share the details such as that? Thanks!

I think they only have to show enough reason to arrest the person. They will probably lay it all out at the grand jury hearing to get an indictment.

I think they only have to show enough reason to arrest the person. They will probably lay it all out at the grand jury hearing to get an indictment.

Ok. Thanks. That was what I was wondering. I learn something new everyday...old dog, new tricks! LOL.

I'm now concerned about Time of Death....

Sitting on hands.

I am curious abut how the probable cause statement works. Do they just present enough evidence to justify the charges? Or do they share the details such as that? Thanks!

I think its just enough to make an arrest or get a search warranty. From reading up on it I do not think they need to pull all their ducks out right then and there but enough to shows it was more than a guess.

I know you're being serious but I guess I don't understand what you're asking. With regard to charges, they said it was a homicide very early on in the autopsy..before it was even over they said homicide. There's only 1 thing you need to press charges for Murder in the 1st Degree (apart from the homicide classification) and that is premeditation, which they already had on JD. Not all the autopsy results are needed to press charges for Murder in the 1st, just the one that caused it and/or led to the cause of it (and the premeditation). Source: State of Illinois Guidelines for Manner of Death | Homicide sub-section.

Even if we go with his story of she fell down and the stick went in her throat couldn't they still call that premeditation since he had to go back inside the house to get the knife? He had enough time to think and realize what he was going to do was wrong.

? ME said 11pm...
What is concerning you?

Just reading some comments from the FB page recently mentioned....prolly just random rumors/gossip. But they made me pause

ETA: of course ME would be way more reliable/accurate...I just had a moment of "hmmmmm"....ignore my musings--i went from one side of the fence to a full on hurdle today....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat