jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 10TH DAY #54 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I think so too .. Someone said that Hinkley is a name used by Mormons because it relates to someone in the church but all three together??? Weird.

"Gordon Bitner Hinckley (June 23, 1910 – January 27, 2008) was a religious leader and author who served as the 15th President of the Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) from March 12, 1995 until his death. Considered a prophet, seer, and revelator by church members, Hinckley was the oldest person to preside over the church in its history."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_B._Hinckley

FWIW Jodi's relentless juvenile behavior on the stand irritates me waaaayyyyy more than anything Juan has done in the courtroom. I would think if he was that out of control Judge Stevens would communicate that to him. If it doesn't bother her then it doesn't bother me.
I'm surprised the informality is okay but then I don't work in the legal profession.
:moo:

~bbm

Jodi may irritate you more, but I doubt she irritates Nurmi more. I think Nurmi is increasingly annoyed with Juan in a less than respectful way. jmo

It's worth repeating over and over that Juan is a seasoned veteran. He's been doing this for decades, he's put at least one other young woman on death row. Apparently he usually tries defendants on his own without co-counsel. It's obvious he's prepared-- he doesn't refer to notes, he knows the facts of the case better than anyone, he knows the law inside and out. He is prepared in ways that we probably don't consider or in ways that we underestimate.... I think he knows his juries very well. Whether he conducted voir dire on his own or had someone specializing in that selection, he is quite aware of who is on that jury. Personally I think he is aware of how he's conducting himself, how he's presenting evidence, how much he's putting on, and I think he has an excellent handle on how the jury is receiving his case as well as the defense's case.

:clap: :toast: :yesss: :goodpost:

Originally Posted by PhantomAngel
On Travis' My Space, I saw this. Was this ever brought up here? If it has, I do apologize. Just curious.
Chad Perkins
Twas two nights before Christmas, and all through the greater Phoenix area, Travis was cruising for underage boys to make his Christmas more cozy. Have fun, just don’t violate the terms of your probation!
6 years ago

PhantomAngel..Yes, that creepy MS msg was discussed a few threads ago. Creeped me out, but apparently, it is some "game" that men play with each other. I don't remember which thread that MS msg was discussed, but for some posters it was normal. Go figure.

What I find odd is that Jodi claims the incident (that apparently didn't happen because she was actually working during the timeframe) was after Christmas, helping Travis put the decorations away. So now we know where she got her story from. What was meant as a joke it appears Jodi felt would help bolster her claims. No truth to it. Just guys acting stupid.

It's now a media world and we are stuck with it. What some people would at one time jokingly say amongst themselves, not to be overheard, is now posted on message boards. Guys sometimes do stupid things without thinking. This is one of them. Obviously if they thought it was true it would not be posted. Jodi took their joke to turn it against Travis. I would think whoever posted that has been punished enough. Now back to Jodi. jmo

I thought he was half-hearted in his defense at first, too (my earlier posts reflect it). My opinion about that has changed somewhat, though. Or maybe his attitude has changed somewhat, idk. That said, I'm not getting the same sense on cross about his attitude toward the defense, but I am getting the sense that he thinks Martinez is something of a buffoon and I think that his gestures, including the "smiles" today have to do with that. jmo

If Nurmi is thinking what you surmise, he really needs a mirror. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if anyone has kept track, but there was a brilliant post detailing the similarities to movies Jodi has listed on her myspace as her favorites.

And it was eerie and pretty thought provoking, dare I say compelling?

It was a long, detailed post and I think it was posted yesterday, but I don't know if it was in this thread, or the "Lies" thread, or another.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #50 *may contain graphic and adult content*

:)

[QUOTE=LadyEdith;8930423]I don't know if anyone has kept track, but there was a brilliant post detailing the similarities to movies Jodi has listed on her myspace as her favorites.

It was a long, detailed post and I think it was posted yesterday, but I don't know if it was in this thread, or the "Lies" thread, or another.[/QUOTE]

Thanks LadyEdith-- Let me guess Arias's favorite movies

- Psycho

- Debbe Does Dallas, Duluth and Des Moines

- Girls Gone Wild

- Carrie

- Basic Instinct

- Natural Born Killers

I just want to say... even though my user name shows just joined I signed up 5+ years ago just couldn't remember id/pw so with that being said...

I think this is a tough case to post about because it's unusual in the sense we all know she did it cuz she admitted it... the evidence is overwhelming point to her even if she didn't admit it but far& above all that she's absolutely drives emotion from everyone unfortunately for her it's not the empathy she wants..

Everyone watching in/out courtroom are mentally worn out & dizzy from all the circles she talks in & all the sex acts that start with he spun me.. So fascinating is the discussion of her endurance in mental Olympics on stand & our amazement with her behavior & strange thought process...

It's like we've all witnessed a nation tragedy or event that we have to process with others

JMO

Stealing Steely's smilies! :eek:fftobed: :countsheep: :lamb:

But first........
:banghead:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. No one ran upstairs to check on what that head banging noise was when I do it..........

:floorlaugh:

I don't know if anyone has wondered about this or if this has been discussed, I apologize in advance if this has. The threads are so long and I have a hard time keeping up LOL

Jodi had a rental car. Why did she have a case of water from Costco in her trunk??? Her receipts show that she purchased water and other beverages along the way. I think this was part of her PREMEDITATION planning it all out well in advance. She knew ahead of time that she would need to clean up, Rather than risk going into an establishment being seen and maybe getting caught on a video thus bringing attention to herself. If I were traveling, I would have the water in the front or back seat so it would be available. Not the trunk!!!!!!!!!

At this point, I see a need for Matt to be called up on the stand. Jurors are still wondering if Jodi had an accomplice, IMO, and Matt would be the one they'd have reasonable doubt about. Where's Juan taking this with the Matt questions? How is Matt going to betray Jodi?

She did call Matt or try to after killing Travis. Was that to check to see if she left her charger before she found it under her car seat?

Am I keeping this all straight?

:waitasec: thought the same thing.. didn't JA say she had to buy a new charger? Or was that in her lies to Det Flores? jeesh :banghead:

ITA Matt was the cliffhanger Thurs.. must be patient must be patient must be patient >> say 3 times helps My memory :floorlaugh:

Stealing Steely's smilies! :eek:fftobed: :countsheep: :lamb:

But first........

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. No one ran upstairs to check on what that head banging noise was when I do it..........

:floorlaugh:

Roflmao! Hilarious!

Thud

I'm sure he is sick of it, it's been devastating to his client.

I'm rather looking forward to more of it.

How many holes is she up to now?

By the time Juan's done with her, she'll whistle when she walks on a windy day

[QUOTE=LadyEdith;8930423]I don't know if anyone has kept track, but there was a brilliant post detailing the similarities to movies Jodi has listed on her myspace as her favorites.

It was a long, detailed post and I think it was posted yesterday, but I don't know if it was in this thread, or the "Lies" thread, or another.

Thanks LadyEdith-- Let me guess Arias's favorite movies

- Psycho

- Debbe Does Dallas, Duluth and Des Moines

- Carrie

- Basic Instinct

- Born Killers
[/QUOTE]

Hey now, leave Duluth out of it. I'm from MN and it's a beautiful town :wink:

I don't know if anyone has wondered about this or if this has been discussed, I apologize in advance if this has. The threads are so long and I have a hard time keeping up LOL

Jodi had a rental car. Why did she have a case of water from Costco in her trunk??? Her receipts show that she purchased water and other beverages along the way. I think this was part of her PREMEDITATION planning it all out well in advance. She knew ahead of time that she would need to clean up, Rather than risk going into an establishment being seen and maybe getting caught on a video thus bringing attention to herself. If I were traveling, I would have the water in the front or back seat so it would be available. Not the trunk!!!!!!!!!

I caught that too.

A case no less!

"Gordon Bitner Hinckley (June 23, 1910 – January 27, 2008) was a religious leader and author who served as the 15th President of the Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) from March 12, 1995 until his death. Considered a prophet, seer, and revelator by church members, Hinckley was the oldest person to preside over the church in its history."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_B._Hinckley

Which blows the baby name shooting/movies theory reference out of the water... :) I only knew about the 'other' Hinckley, too (he was LDS if iIrc), but not someone a parent would want others to associate with your child's name imv...

I still think the baby name story is another JA fairytale to present yet another false example of a far more personal and intimate relationship between herself and Travis that simply did NOT exist for a long time, if it ever existed at all.

And it's possible Travis' grandmother may have loved irises and he may have mentioned, casually - to someone - that because of that it would be a great name for a girl... maybe... who knows?

Great catch!

excellent observation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member