jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 10TH DAY #54 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/B]

Thanks LadyEdith-- Let me guess Arias's favorite movies

- Psycho

- Debbe Does Dallas, Duluth and Des Moines

- Carrie

- Basic Instinct

- Born Killers

Hey now, leave Duluth out of it. I'm from MN and it's a beautiful town :wink:[/QUOTE]

Not exactly, take a look at this and tell me what you think. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199553&page=28

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is mentioned, and though we laugh about the "Ninjas", that movie is pretty full of them.

Also, remember Jodi said she "jumped up on the shelf" to get the gun. Total ninja move.

I think maybe this trial is getting to everybody. I don't think any of these posts are meant to be malicious or malintended. We have been so absorbed in this case, seeking justice for Travis and his family, and subjected to JA overload, that nerves are frayed. What JA did was so heinous, it is difficult to wrap our heads around it all. Hopefully soon we can take a deep breath when she is done talking and gets the DP, and just be us. Respectfully, IMO

Well said and thank you for putting things into perspective. I am super new here, but I feel kind of bad for the OP of this fact - they were sleuthing the case and sharing a fact they uncovered and I kind of thought that was the point of this forum? Not trying to belabor the point, sorry, just pitching my :twocents: into the pot. G'nite all! :)

~bbm

Jodi may irritate you more, but I doubt she irritates Nurmi more. I think Nurmi is increasingly annoyed with Juan in a less than respectful way. jmo

Has Nurmi not been in court with Juan before? I have to say this, Nurmi's client is digging her own hole by some of her flip remarks to Juan followed by a smirk. The jurors aren't blind for sure. I had to testify once in court and when asked a question that required a yes or no, it was "Yes, Sir or no Sir." There just is no respect in the courtroom today. And "of course" is always followed by an explanation and not the righ answer when the only required answer is a yes, or a no.

To me Nurmi is just doing his job. I do think Nurmi might be a little annoyed because while doing the direct with Jodi Juan had to correct him a number of times in the correct way to ask a question of his own client. That appears to have frosted him a little. jmo

I'm sure he is sick of it, it's been devastating to his client.

I'm rather looking forward to more of it.

Idk whether he sees it that way or not. His reactions today definitely seem derisive to me. Which suggests to me that they are, in fact, derisive and not motivated by perceived devastation of his case. Maybe he's in denial, too.

I'm not looking forward to the rest, though. I think the whole trial is hard to watch and I can't even pay any attention to the real-time commentary.

I am laughing at part 3.....I am at the part where the old man came into the restaurant and said the sky is falling chicken little.........no......different story........the end of the world is coming on x date. Our Juanderful guy is saying did you call mom, dad, friends etc to tell them? lol! Jeez, the only person she called again and again was an old boyfriend who she thought wouldn't care! WTF!!!!!

Oh, I'd like to hear about the old man with his Bible in Part 3 again.

I always liked that Chicken Little story so I'm glad Jodi was able to incorporate something similar into her courtroom testibalony. As an added bonus, Jodi thought to call her vampire slayer ex bf who never was religious because she had the secret date the world was going to end. (and thought maybe she could crash at Bobby's house again until then?)

We have several fairy tales already entwined in with several movies. I don't know how the DV expert is going to be able to add Snow White as it's getting pretty crowded with fictional characters, AND LOTS OF EX AND NEW BF'S.

Please, please, does someone have a link to the Inside Edition interview. I just spent hours looking for it and cannot find it in its entirety. I am am getting tirety. Thank you.

Personally I think we did see a slight crack in Jodi today and that was after Juan made the remark about how much pain Travis would have felt after she stabbed him. It was the only time I actually saw her "go into herself" so to speak. She was not looking at the jury or anyone else and in those few brief seconds she heard his screams of pain and saw all of his blood in front of her as she murdered him. I do not think that her chin quiver and tears were fake at that point but as I stared at her I could almost see her shove those sight and signs out of her mind. I think it actually made her mad because when she came back after the lunch break she looked angry and defiant and like she hated Juan for doing that to her. I think Juan knew it and he knew that she was once again blaming someone other than herself.

Has Nurmi not been in court with Juan before? I have to say this, Nurmi's client is digging her own hole by some of her flip remarks to Juan followed by a smirk. The jurors aren't blind for sure. I had to testify once in court and when asked a question that required a yes or no, it was "Yes, Sir or no Sir." There just is no respect in the courtroom today. And "of course" is always followed by an explanation and not the righ answer when the only required answer is a yes, or a no.

To me Nurmi is just doing his job. I do think Nurmi might be a little annoyed because while doing the direct with Jodi Juan had to correct him a number of times in the correct way to ask a question of his own client. That appears to have frosted him a little. jmo

~bbm

Good question! It would be interesting to me to know if they have a history and, if so, what kind of history.

Juan seems extremely "black and white" and life isn't that way, there are lots of "gray" area's.

When I watch this, I get shivers and hear the Twilight Zone theme song in my head.

Oh yes. Which brings back that Twilight Zone episode about the doll who was so jealous and came to despise the little girl's father. Ok, so the father wasn't exactly Ward Cleaver, he just wasn't what you might call a real likable guy. Still....

So in the beginning, the doll just said little cutesy doll things like all talking dolls do. Then all of that changed, and it began saying threatening things to the father when only he was present to hear it. At one point, the father even tried to destroy the doll, but in vain. The doll could not be destroyed, instead mysteriously becoming whole and 'alive' again.

Then one fateful night, the doll said to him, "My name is Tiny Tina and I'm going to kill you"... Well, I don't remember what happened exactly, but something the doll did lured the father down the stairs that last night. What he did not know, was that the doll was there, lying in wait.

JA - the evil Tiny Tina doll come to life.

Hey now, leave Duluth out of it. I'm from MN and it's a beautiful town :wink:

Not exactly, take a look at this and tell me what you think. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199553&page=28

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is mentioned, and though we laugh about the "Ninjas", that movie is pretty full of them.

Also, remember Jodi said she "jumped up on the shelf" to get the gun. Total ninja move.[/QUOTE]

Oh I agree, she takes puts a Hollywood spin on all her stories, which is probably because she's picking them right form Hollywood. JA doesn't have a sincere bone in her body.

Just defending Duluth...unless we are talking about letting JA swim in Lake Superior this time of year, then I'm all for her and Duluth.

Hi Gitana. I know you're a verified attorney, so your comment about the water request surprised me. Is there some reason you think a witness shouldn't be able to request water or that's somehow disrespectful? Honest question - how was that inappropriate.

Yes. The judge is not a servant of the defendant or anyone else testifying. they are there to dispense justice and must be afforded the highest respect possible. The casual manner in which she addressed the court and then made a demand - "I need some water", not, "Excuse me, is it possible to get some water?" or "May I have some water?" it's ridiculous and very indicative of who she is and how she has no clue how her behavior betrays her.

Well. That makes me breathe easier. I joined this forum because I hold in high esteem those who campaign for the rights of the smallest victims.

It shocks me how easily that sort of thing can be dismissed because of the sentimentality toward the victim.

IMO, there is no "pass" for making jokes about raping children. :furious:

No one is dismissing that sort of thing because of sentimentality toward the victim. They are dismissing it because it was not written by him and it has nothing to do with him. Some friend made a gross and inappropriate statement trying to mess with Travis. It has nothing to do with this case except that it may have given jodi ideas about what next to try to accuse the guy she murdered of.

I found it amazing. I always thought people had to respect the judge and call them "your honor" or some other formal title when talking to them.

I have a question. If it is proven that Nurmi was coaching Jodi with signals from his chair, can he be punished for that? What are the repercussions if he is coaching her what to say?

I did some cursory looks but found no evidence of coaching. He could face sanctions I believe and also contempt.

~bbm

Your honor, Judge or Judge Stevens all are appropriate. If communication has already been established, there's no need to address the judge formally with monikers. So if you've already said, good morning your honor, for example, it's okay to ask a question without repeating the "your honor, etc." part.

To the rest of your post, I don't think Nurmi was coaching. Just reacting in a less than discreet manner. I think he's just sick of Martinez's method of cross.

That's not true. "Judge" is not appropriate. Neither, really is "Judge Stevens", especially by some defendant on the stand.

The judge represents an entity. He or she is "the court". I never even say, "you" to a judge. So, instead of saying, "Well, your honor, the last time we were hear, you ordered x y and z", I say, "Well, your honor, the last time we were here, the court ordered..."

The judge is not to be viewed as some person we can treat casually. They are to be viewed as a dispassionate arm of the court - not a person but a part of the legal system. They are to be respected.

Now, it is true that some attorneys do say "judge". And in some states that is more common. It is also more likely to happen when an attorney is so familiar with a particular judge after attending bar seminars, mixers, charity events where the judge was speaking or also a guest, and after being in that judge's courtroom for decades. But the best best is to be careful. I heard one attorney call the judge, "judge" several times and finally, the judge flat stopped him: "Excuse me, do not call me "judge" again."

But the point is that jodi treated the court as a servant of hers. She did not say please, she did not say "may" and she appears to believe that the highest authority in the room is supposed to do her bidding and make sure she has water. That was shameful to me.

Also, remember Jodi said she "jumped up on the shelf" to get the gun. Total ninja move.

Oh I agree, she takes puts a Hollywood spin on all her stories, which is probably because she's picking them right form Hollywood. JA doesn't have a sincere bone in her body.

Just defending Duluth...unless we are talking about letting JA swim in Lake Superior this time of year, then I'm all for her and Duluth.[/QUOTE]

That Duluth quote doesn't belong to me! LOL. I'm from Cleveland.

The most stunning thing to me is that I agree with Nancy Grace. Have planets collided yet? Magnetic poles flipped?

I haven't watched Nancy lately, but I find myself usually agreeing with her. She's nothing like JVM, imo. She is one smart, tough lady, and I believe she's one of the few who really has a passion for what she does. Not the typical empty skirt, talking head, imo. Her and Beth Karas, my favorites. Would love to see Beth get her own show.

Just to add: I do frequently find NG's guests infuriating, no real difference there, which is why I don't really watch her that often.

Personally I think we did see a slight crack in Jodi today and that was after Juan made the remark about how much pain Travis would have felt after she stabbed him. It was the only time I actually saw her "go into herself" so to speak. She was not looking at the jury or anyone else and in those few brief seconds she heard his screams of pain and saw all of his blood in front of her as she murdered him. I do not think that her chin quiver and tears were fake at that point but as I stared at her I could almost see her shove those sight and signs out of her mind. I think it actually made her mad because when she came back after the lunch break she looked angry and defiant and like she hated Juan for doing that to her. I think Juan knew it and he knew that she was once again blaming someone other than herself.

I love how Juan jumped on it the second she mentioned suicide ... he'd been WAITING for his chance to say that! Brilliant comeback. Stricken or not he still got to say it and the jury still heard it. Juan is amazing in his ability to say exactly what people are hoping someone will say to her. WAY TO GO!

Juan seems extremely "black and white" and life isn't that way, there are lots of "gray" area's.

in cross examine its supposed to overall be yes or no answers. Its supposed to be black and white to nail the facts. Jodi of course...wants all colors of the rainbow let in.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 22 - Part 1 - YouTube
If you look at this at about 52 minute mark Juan is asking about the cuts on her hands and if they came from the stabbing. JA says at about 52:40 she did not remember the stabbing at that point in time. Am I wrong or didn't she testify on direct that she never remembered the stabbing. If you watch her eyes when she says this it's like she knows she made a mistake. I wish Juan had called her out on that and asked at what point in time she remembered the stabbing.

Bless you for finding this. It has been bothering me all day and I wanted to hear it again to make sure. Yes, at about 52:33 she says, "I didn't have any recall of stabbing him AT THAT POINT IN TIME." :what:

Hi Katy -- I think I remember an interview with Chad, but I don't remember his addressing that topic. It was a while ago, so I may not have been paying close attention. Did he talk about that MS post and do you know where to find it? Thanks!

I don't remember where to find it now but he did say it was just a meaningless joke.

I think we both know if it was serious there would be a Chad listed on the defense witness list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onapick