jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 10TH DAY #54 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if anyone has wondered about this or if this has been discussed, I apologize in advance if this has. The threads are so long and I have a hard time keeping up LOL

Jodi had a rental car. Why did she have a case of water from Costco in her trunk??? Her receipts show that she purchased water and other beverages along the way. I think this was part of her PREMEDITATION planning it all out well in advance. She knew ahead of time that she would need to clean up, Rather than risk going into an establishment being seen and maybe getting caught on a video thus bringing attention to herself. If I were traveling, I would have the water in the front or back seat so it would be available. Not the trunk!!!!!!!!!

I thought about water in trunk but that when she got the water out of the trunk wouldn't she have seen the plate was upside down..

Good point in all her planning for murder trip renting car, going to get has cans, getting nails &/or hair done, trying to see if sparks there with ex, text/calling Ryan make sure he's still interested in her coming up & prime him for a love sack session... when did she have time to stop at Costco... better yet did she have membership or did someone else???

Originally Posted by PhantomAngel
On Travis' My Space, I saw this. Was this ever brought up here? If it has, I do apologize. Just curious.
Chad Perkins
Twas two nights before Christmas, and all through the greater Phoenix area, Travis was cruising for underage boys to make his Christmas more cozy. Have fun, just don’t violate the terms of your probation!
6 years ago

PhantomAngel..Yes, that creepy MS msg was discussed a few threads ago. Creeped me out, but apparently, it is some "game" that men play with each other. I don't remember which thread that MS msg was discussed, but for some posters it was normal. Go figure.

Do you think this is where Jodi got the the pedophilia idea from? I am sure she stalked and memorized every word of his My Space and she may have thought this post gave her accusations validity.

:floorlaugh: at a commercial!

JA doesn't have "As Good As It Gets" listed? hehe

Jack Nicholson perfect quote Revised..

"We're all out of Crazy Here, go to the :jail: and see Jodi Arias"

Originally Posted by Melly53
Yes, but then she came back from lunch with her nose higher in the air than it has ever been and sparred with JM for the rest of the day. She was no shrinking violet in the afternoon. However her constant refusal to answer most questions in a simple YES or NO manner, dancing around any and every one she could, arguing semantics which most 5 years old would not have had a problem understanding and answering......did not win her any friends today. Everyday that she continues to play this game, is just a deeper hole that she is digging for herself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a fascinating communication strategy game Jodi is playing. A serious head game!

Seems that Nurmi has figured out JM's irritants, and has her beating them to a pulp. It's when Jodi doesn't simply answer "yes" or "no." She does this by "wordsmithing," adjusting her answer to a more precise declaration, per HER view. It makes him kraaaazy, because she REFUSES to follow his orders for a simple yes or no.

He's fighting a futile battle to control Jodi's answers. A couple of times, he was so exasperated that he was at a loss for words. His arms were spinning in the air for a couple of seconds, without a word coming out.

Separately, JA truly doesn't understand some of JM's lawyerly, confusing double-negatives. (I don't either.) And there are times when he leaves off phrases that would make more clear which date or guy or whatever he's bounced back to.

During these times, when JA needs him to repeat a question, he feels he stated it perfectly so grows frustrated. (But he hasn't.) He thinks she's just pretending. I think sometimes she is, but many times she isn't. Some of his sentence constructions truly are awkward. But to him, it's kind of a sly put down, I'm sure.

His frustration with getting sentences out is sometimes palpable.

That seems to be the strategy Nurmi has coached JA on. And she's been told to do all of this in a tinier, more demure, sadder persona. It's sending JM to the moon, and it probably won't stop.

Oh I agree, she takes puts a Hollywood spin on all her stories, which is probably because she's picking them right form Hollywood. JA doesn't have a sincere bone in her body.

Just defending Duluth...unless we are talking about letting JA swim in Lake Superior this time of year, then I'm all for her and Duluth.

That Duluth quote doesn't belong to me! LOL. I'm from Cleveland.[/QUOTE]

Oh geez it really is getting late...I'm confusing people now, lol.

A "swim" in ice cold Lake Superior does sound like a nice little adventure for JA, no?

Juan seems extremely "black and white" and life isn't that way, there are lots of "gray" area's.

No, what you are seeing isn't representative of Juan's philosophy of life. It is a technique. He is simply trying to point the jury to a conclusion using a linear approach. Prosecutors on cross have no business being wishy washy or indulging people's feelings about psychology. This is a logical, fact-based exercise.

Bless you for finding this. It has been bothering me all day and I wanted to hear it again to make sure. Yes, at about 52:33 she says, "I didn't have any recall of stabbing him AT THAT POINT IN TIME." :what:

Which either means that she now thinks it's beneficial to remember SOME of it and she'll be dropping a few lies about it in, OR it means that she will still denying remembering it, but is throwing out little teases because she gets her jollies by tantalising her 'audience' with hints of more to come.

OK........Late night bar game!!!!!!!! Starting with Robert Deniro...we are playing 6 degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon! 123, go!

1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

1 Robert Deniro
2 Diane Keaton – Godfather
3 Jack Nicholson – Something’s Gotta Give
4 Helen Hunt – As Good as it Gets
5 Tom Hanks – Castaway
6 Kevin Bacon – Apollo 13

There was also a break in the trial which lasted a couple of weeks... iirc 9 days or so of actual testimony? Involved parties had other business to attend to. It was already scheduled prior to trial beginning and the jurors were aware, but it's moving at a snail's pace. A really slow snail. :snail:

bbm

You said it, Lotus! -- 8 or 9 days of direct testimony by Jodi, and who knoze how long the cross will take when it sometimes takes Jodi 5--10 minutes to finally say a simple yes or no to JM's simple questions.

Yes. The judge is not a servant of the defendant or anyone else testifying. they are there to dispense justice and must be afforded the highest respect possible. The casual manner in which she addressed the court and then made a demand - "I need some water", not, "Excuse me, is it possible to get some water?" or "May I have some water?" it's ridiculous and very indicative of who she is and how she has no clue how her behavior betrays her.

No one is dismissing that sort of thing because of sentimentality toward the victim. They are dismissing it because it was not written by him and it has nothing to do with him. Some friend made a gross and inappropriate statement trying to mess with Travis. It has nothing to do with this case except that it may have given jodi ideas about what next to try to accuse the guy she murdered of.

I did some cursory looks but found no evidence of coaching. He could face sanctions I believe and also contempt.

That's not true. "Judge" is not appropriate. Neither, really is "Judge Stevens", especially by some defendant on the stand.

The judge represents an entity. He or she is "the court". I never even say, "you" to a judge. So, instead of saying, "Well, your honor, the last time we were hear, you ordered x y and z", I say, "Well, your honor, the last time we were here, the court ordered..."

The judge is not to be viewed as some person we can treat casually. They are to be viewed as a dispassionate arm of the court - not a person but a part of the legal system. They are to be respected.

Now, it is true that some attorneys do say "judge". And in some states that is more common. It is also more likely to happen when an attorney is so familiar with a particular judge after attending bar seminars, mixers, charity events where the judge was speaking or also a guest, and after being in that judge's courtroom for decades. But the best best is to be careful. I heard one attorney call the judge, "judge" several times and finally, the judge flat stopped him: "Excuse me, do not call me "judge" again."

But the point is that jodi treated the court as a servant of hers. She did not say please, she did not say "may" and she appears to believe that the highest authority in the room is supposed to do her bidding and make sure she has water. That was shameful to me.

And when you address an attorney in the courtroom it should be, "yes sir, or no sir." Or the alternative if it is a woman. jmo

Juan seems extremely "black and white" and life isn't that way, there are lots of "gray" area's.

With the way she tries to get out of answering, I don't think there really is any other way to ask her questions. If he doesn't get a solid yes or no from her, she will find a way to make up another lie.

Has Nurmi not been in court with Juan before? I have to say this, Nurmi's client is digging her own hole by some of her flip remarks to Juan followed by a smirk. The jurors aren't blind for sure. I had to testify once in court and when asked a question that required a yes or no, it was "Yes, Sir or no Sir." There just is no respect in the courtroom today. And "of course" is always followed by an explanation and not the righ answer when the only required answer is a yes, or a no.

To me Nurmi is just doing his job. I do think Nurmi might be a little annoyed because while doing the direct with Jodi Juan had to correct him a number of times in the correct way to ask a question of his own client. That appears to have frosted him a little. jmo

I agree. Nurmi seemed pretty aggravated and short tempered this afternoon.

I think he is just as angry with his client sometimes too though. I kind of feel sorry for him.

The Costco water is just the tip of the iceberg. JM hasn't even gotten started yet! Remember that the State is going for the DP. They believe that this murder was premeditated. JM has to prove that it wasn't just some random impulsive self defensive act. I admit that I couldn't even stand to listen to the case in the beginning and had to stop watching on direct. I patiently waited to start watching again on cross. I vacillate between wanting to scream at the live stream on my iPad and my intent focus on her mesmerizing spin/mind game testimony. I can't wait until JM shifts into 3rd gear. He hasn't even beuan to eviscerate her testimony around the planning. JA may not remember the actual "act" of murder, but how will she explain all the steps she took beforehand. tomorrow is going to be a big day....unless someone gets sick. I hate the way trials never start and stop with any consistency. It's my personal and professional pet peeve. I'm still surprised the defense team hasn't claimed a random mistrial event. I run into that all.the.time. It's now expected. Smh....

Yes, but then she came back from lunch with her nose higher in the air than it has ever been and sparred with JM for the rest of the day. She was no shrinking violet in the afternoon. However her constant refusal to answer most questions in a simple YES or NO manner, dancing around any and every one she could, arguing semantics which most 5 years old would not have had a problem understanding and answering......did not win her any friends today. Everyday that she continues to play this game, is just a deeper hole that she is digging for herself.

This is a fascinating communication strategy game Jodi is playing. A serious head game!

Seems that Nurmi has figured out JM's irritants, and has her beating them to a pulp. It's when Jodi doesn't simply answer "yes" or "no." She does this by "wordsmithing," adjusting her answer to a more precise declaration, per HER view. It makes him kraaaazy, because she REFUSES to follow his orders for a simple yes or no.

He's fighting a futile battle to control Jodi's answers. A couple of times, he was so exasperated that he was at a loss for words. His arms were spinning in the air for a couple of seconds, without a word coming out.

Separately, JA truly doesn't understand some of JM's lawyerly, confusing double-negatives. (I don't either.) And there are times when he leaves off phrases that would make more clear which date or guy or whatever he's bounced back to.

During these times, when JA needs him to repeat a question, he feels he stated it perfectly so grows frustrated. (But he hasn't.) He thinks she's just pretending. I think sometimes she is, but many times she isn't. Some of his sentence constructions truly are awkward. But to him, it's kind of a sly put down, I'm sure.

His frustration with getting sentences out is sometimes palpable.

That seems to be the strategy Nurmi has coached JA on. And she's been told to do all of this in a tinier, more demure, sadder persona. It's sending JM to the moon, and it probably won't stop.

I highly doubt JM is frustrated or at a loss for words or that jodi's evasiveness and stubborn refusal to concede a point is a technique of Nurmi's used to rattle JM.

He is not rattled in the least.

Juan Martinez is a professional. He is very experienced and very professional. he is using a dramatic approach at times to underscore, for the jury, jodi's manipulativeness and inability to tell the truth. And, IMHO, it is working.

This guy is great to watch work. He is inspiring. So, so good.

Recap: Just another day of Jodi Arias Von Trapp

jodiariasvontrapp200pixels.jpg

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: :great::great: HILARIOUS !

THANKS ! I needed a good laugh !!!

:seeya:

Seems that Nurmi has figured out JM's irritants, and has her beating them to a pulp. It's when Jodi doesn't simply answer "yes" or "no." She does this by "wordsmithing." It makes JM kraaaazy.

He's fighting a futile battle to 100% control Jodi's answers. A couple of times, he was so exasperated that he was at a loss for words. His arms were twirling in the air without a sound coming out.

Separately, JA truly doesn't understand some of JM's confusing double-negatives. (I don't either.) And there are times when he leaves off phrases that would make it more clear exactly which incident or guy he's bounced back to. (Jodi has a writer's mind and honestly needs whole sentences to "get it.")

During these times, when JA needs him to restate a question, JM grows frustrated. He thinks she's just pretending. I think sometimes she is, but many times she isn't. Some of his sentence constructions truly are awkward, kind of incomplete or too convoluted.

That seems to be the strategy Nurmi has coached JA on: stay under JM's skin by RARELY answering directly. And she's been told to do all of this in a tinier, more demure, sadder persona.

It's sending JM to the moon and probably won't stop.

= I'm still surprised the defense team hasn't claimed a random mistrial event. I run into that all.the.time. It's now expected. Smh....

Are you kidding, there has been three at least so far. One of them because Prosecution dropped the camera and Nurmi accused him of "destroying evidence".

He sounds too smart to be a Dolphins fan. :waitasec:

:laughcry:

I think it makes sense, but he couldn't explain it well enough in the minute or less he was given. I think JA would rather have him dead than have any other woman get him. If he's dead she's not gonna get him, but neither will anyone else. I think it finally sank in that he had no interest in marrying her so if he's gonna cut her out of his life. She's gonna make sure he's not a distraction for her.

Thank God! :hug:

Did anyone else find it odd that she said this was the first person she'd ever killed? Does that make you think she's killed before or was planning to kill again or it's just meaningless?

I've been thinking of this for a while. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if this was not her first murder. In fact, it's because she's such a liar and that she made that statement, that makes me question it all the more.

Oh yes. Which brings back that Twilight Zone episode about the doll who was so jealous and came to despise the little girl's father. Ok, so the father wasn't exactly Ward Cleaver, he just wasn't what you might call a real likable guy. Still....

So in the beginning, the doll just said little cutesy doll things like all talking dolls do. Then all of that changed, and it began saying threatening things to the father when only he was present to hear it. At one point, the father even tried to destroy the doll, but in vain. The doll could not be destroyed, instead mysteriously becoming whole and 'alive' again.

Then one fateful night, the doll said to him, "My name is Tiny Tina and I'm going to kill you"... Well, I don't remember what happened exactly, but something the doll did lured the father down the stairs that last night. What he did not know, was that the doll was there, lying in wait.

JA - the evil Tiny Tina doll come to life.

OT....yes, that was a great one. Talking Tina got him in the end. The doll layed on the steps so the dad tripped over it and fell down the stairs breaking his neck. Then at the end, the Mom picked up the doll and Talking Tina starts it over with her. The mom was going to be killed next if she got in the way of her friendship with the daughter.

Rod Serlilng....The best. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member