LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Natasha Richardson, Liam Neeson's wife, took a nasty fall while skiing, she declined medical care because she felt fine. Hours later, she was dead of a significant head injury. I think Shane suffered a head injury when he rolled the car, was well enough to talk to his brother, but then succumbed to the injury either in the water or in the immediate area.

The only other possibility (IMO) is that the NOPD got to him before his brother did. It would not surprise me if the NOPD "disappeared" him. Do we know if Shane had any prior run-ins with the police?

When Natasha Richardson, Liam Neeson's wife, took a nasty fall while skiing, she declined medical care because she felt fine. Hours later, she was dead of a significant head injury. I think Shane suffered a head injury when he rolled the car, was well enough to talk to his brother, but then succumbed to the injury either in the water or in the immediate area.

The only other possibility (IMO) is that the NOPD got to him before his brother did. It would not surprise me if the NOPD "disappeared" him. Do we know if Shane had any prior run-ins with the police?

As to the NOPD- the area where Shane had his wreck and lived is Jefferson Parish, not New Orleans/Orleans Parish. Jefferson Parish Sherrif's Dept. would have responded to the scene, not NOPD.

One thing that sticks out to me is the change in how Shane was acting when his brother called him.
In the first reports he was cool, calm and collected. He calmly told his brother that he had been in a car accident, but that he was fine.
In later reports Shane was frantic. Afraid of being arrested and threatening to run off.
<modsnip>

Just a thought. My:twocents:!!!

http://www.jpso.com/Missing/MissingPerson.aspx?id=511

J.P.S.O. ITEM: F-10126-11
DATE: 6/12/2011
NAME: SHANE FELL AGE: 36
RACE: WHITE SEX: MALE
HEIGHT: 6'2 WEIGHT: 200
EYES: HAZEL HAIR: BLONDE
DOB: 10/9/1974 COMPLEXION: FAIR
CLOTHING: BLUE JEANS, WHITE SHIRT WITH BROWN VERTICAL STRIPES.
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTORS: MEDIUM BUILD, SCAR ON CHIN
VEHICLE:
DETAILS:
Missing Person last known location was at the intersection of River Road and Barataria Boulevard in Marrero, Louisiana. Missing Person was involved in a single car crash at that location and could possibly be injured as a result of the accident. Subject was last seen on June 10th, 2011 at 12:48 a.m. at the intersection of the crash.

511.png

I question the information on this site. The Sheriff's site no less. It states that his last known location was at the intersection of River Road and Barataria Blvd. At 12:48am. Last seen at that intersection of the crash. However, He was about a mile or so away from Barataria Blvd. and not at any INTERSECTION. He was on River road at about half way between Klein St and Marrero Rd. The phone call to the police wasn't made till 12:58am by a man who 911 seem to have been tracking and he was at the corner of Barataria Blvd and River by the time of that call. This man also doesn't seem to mention whether or not if he visually saw Shane at all. Just that the windshield wipers were on. And still don't know how he could see that in the condition of the car. So from what I have come to understand is that the last visual on Shane not his car was at the bar. I still stress that after he left the bar, had he headed straight home he would never have been on that part of River Road at all. Maybe 12:48 was the time the call came in from Brett to Shane? This is actually about the time I would have Guessed, with the information known to me.

If the call Shane received from Brett was at 12:48am and the accident had happened just moments before that call, where was he for those 28 mins between 12:20-12:48. Just driving in the wrong direction till he realizes he needs to go East not west? In which he turns around and heads east on River Rd. That seems doubtful to me. WHERE DID HE STOP AND WHO DID HE SEE?

With all the facts so jumbled how can and do they investigate it? Something is off in this case, I wonder what information is being withheld.

JMO

This man also doesn't seem to mention whether or not if he visually saw Shane at all. Just that the windshield wipers were on. And still don't know how he could see that in the condition of the car.

SBM & BBM

IMHO the windshield wipers cannot even move in this position. Take a look at the pictures, assuming they are post-crash and the car has not been moved - the wipers would scratch the earth and they are not made for that. Maybe the witness saw the headlights, that would make more sense, and someone made a mistake?

He's got to be somewhere somewhere close by to the accident site, jmo, like other similar cases here on WS.

SBM & BBM

IMHO the windshield wipers cannot even move in this position. Take a look at the pictures, assuming they are post-crash and the car has not been moved - the wipers would scratch the earth and they are not made for that. Maybe the witness saw the headlights, that would make more sense, and someone made a mistake?

I agree it is unlikely that he could see the windshield wipers. Which to me makes the caller suspicious too, but it is said by the caller. In the documentation of the 911 call its mentioned its a PONTIAC sedan. How did he know that if he had just driven by? Did he stop? get out of his car? Offer Shane a ride? Below is the Youtube link that plays part of the passerbys call. I have also snipped the two pages that they do show. which I have posted below.
The uneXplained - Disappearance at Dead Man's Curve - Preview - YouTube

picture.php

picture.php

Unfortunately, the video is not available in my region. :-(

The more I look at the picture, the weirder it becomes (assuming that this is how the car was found).
Did the car have airbags?
HOW did he get out of that car? Doors are closed. If he was strapped in his seat belt, as he should have been, he'd be hanging upside down. Try finding a knife to cut the belt in that position.
If he did not use the seat belt, well, do the math. Concussion would be the least of his worries.

Did the person who made the call ever come forward?

I have finally pin pointed the actual site of Shane's accident. The car was not found at any intersection. It was between Klein St and Marrero Rd on River Road. The car was east of what they call Dead Man's Curve, So I suppose that means he was driving East on River road away from Klein St towards Marrero Road. I found the location after I brightened the picture and saw the lil curve in the fence and the poles behind the car. Thanks to google maps I walked the fence and found where these landmarks are. The fences are chain linked with barbed wire tops, all the way through from Klein to Marrero. I don't see him trying to climb any of these fences to hide out and wait for his Brother Brett. The only places I see to hide, if he had been hiding is that wooded area over the little hill at the bank of the river.

I don't think he headed straight home when he left his brother at Rum Runners (was the bar they showed in Unexplained episode). He had to have stopped somewhere over in that area of Klein and River Road for him to be heading east at the time of the accident. Who ever he did meet up with it was a quick encounter. 5 - 10 mins. Who did he meet and did whoever it was witness the accident? If foul play is involved I'd have to wonder if the person he had met up with had something to do with it. Or maybe even helping in hiding him out.
I'm sorry you had trouble pinpointing the site. Here's the link to the map I posted at #87. The coordinates come from the police report.

https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.902947,-90.116274&spn=0.001897,0.002642&t=h&z=19

Attachments

• RbZ5q9w.jpg
    RbZ5q9w.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 40
I'm sorry you had trouble pinpointing the site. Here's the link to the map I posted at #87. The coordinates come from the police report.

https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.902947,-90.116274&spn=0.001897,0.002642&t=h&z=19

I only had trouble because it seems that no two sources have the same location. All state intersections. but I was able to pin point it too. I'm glad you posted the link to the map though because I forgot that link when I posted the picture in another post. It helps to know cause there are many curves on River Rd.

Texas EquaSearch also missed Caylee Anthony because the place where she was eventually found had been flooded at the time. Seems someone said the river was high during Shane's accident. I too would go back and hunt through that wooded area again.

Unfortunately, the video is not available in my region. :-(

The more I look at the picture, the weirder it becomes (assuming that this is how the car was found).
Did the car have airbags?
HOW did he get out of that car? Doors are closed. If he was strapped in his seat belt, as he should have been, he'd be hanging upside down. Try finding a knife to cut the belt in that position.
If he did not use the seat belt, well, do the math. Concussion would be the least of his worries.

Did the person who made the call ever come forward?

Your Questions:::
I believe all vehicles in the USA were to require Dual Front Airbags by 1998. Depending on the year and make of his car, However I assume he was in a later than 1998 model car. Do not quote me on this.

If he was wearing his seat belt is unknown.

It was stated that he climbed out of the Passenger Side window to get out, and was already out when his brother Brett had called him.

And because he was drinking, there is a possibility he didn't have any injuries, outer or inner. A sober person might have tensed up and done more damage to their bodies in an accident like this. A buzzed or drunk person would be more relaxed and rubbery, causing less injury. Just as someone stated about Natasha Richardson, it is also possible that he walked away with no injuries and is still living out there as some claim he might be.

Also about the searches, last post I read about the Texas search team, I too agree they should do another search when the waters are not high and or flooded in the area. Sometimes things get missed, and a second or third sweep might produce some new clues.

Also for those with REALLY GOOD antispyware antivirus PROTECTION there is a place you can watch the UneXplained episode, but you have to click at your own risk and continue to the file. You will have to close a few pop ups too. http://www.firedrive.com/file/8A139FDD468D6C68 CLICK AT YOUR OWN RISK MAY HAVE SPYWARE OR VIRUS. However I haven't had any problems with my protection.

I believe all vehicles in the USA were to require Dual Front Airbags by 1998. Depending on the year and make of his car, However I assume he was in a later than 1998 model car. Do not quote me on this.

It was stated that he climbed out of the Passenger Side window to get out, and was already out when his brother Brett had called him.

And because he was drinking, there is a possibility he didn't have any injuries, outer or inner. A sober person might have tensed up and done more damage to their bodies in an accident like this. A buzzed or drunk person would be more relaxed and rubbery, causing less injury. Just as someone stated about Natasha Richardson, it is also possible that he walked away with no injuries and is still living out there as some claim he might be.

Also about the searches, last post I read about the Texas search team, I too agree they should do another search when the waters are not high and or flooded in the area. Sometimes things get missed, and a second or third sweep might produce some new clues.

Also for those with REALLY GOOD antispyware antivirus PROTECTION there is a place you can watch the UneXplained episode, but you have to click at your own risk and continue to the file. You will have to close a few pop ups too. http://www.firedrive.com/file/8A139FDD468D6C68 CLICK AT YOUR OWN RISK MAY HAVE SPYWARE OR VIRUS. However I haven't had any problems with my protection.

BBM ... That's not what I said about Natasha Richardson. :)

Natasha declined medical attention because she felt fine. A few hours later, she was dead from the head injury she didn't realize she incurred from the fall. This happens pretty frequently -- people will suffer head injuries and not realize it right away, then die within hours.

I used Natasha as an example of what I think could have happened to Shane. Natasha didn't walk away and forget who she was. She walked away and died. Similarly, I don't think Shane hit his head, walked away, and is living somewhere not knowing who he is. I think that Shane suffered a head injury and died, perhaps after falling into the water or wandering off and succumbing because the injury kicked in before his brother got there. My opinion only. Hope this helps to clarify.

Natasha declined medical attention because she felt fine. A few hours later, she was dead from the head injury she didn't realize she incurred from the fall. This happens pretty frequently -- people will suffer head injuries and not realize it right away, then die within hours.

I used Natasha as an example of what I think could have happened to Shane. Natasha didn't walk away and forget who she was. She walked away and died. Similarly, I don't think Shane hit his head, walked away, and is living somewhere not knowing who he is. I think that Shane suffered a head injury and died, perhaps after falling into the water or wandering off and succumbing because the injury kicked in before his brother got there. My opinion only. Hope this helps to clarify.

If I'm not mistaken, I (and I think the others) understood your post. That is why we'd like to see anothet sweep done of the area where he wrecked. He may very well have walked away and then succumbed to his injuries like Natasha but unlike her, his bones cpuld wrll
His bones may ne somewhere nearby.

If I'm not mistaken, I (and I think the others) understood your post. That is why we'd like to see anothet sweep done of the area where he wrecked. He may very well have walked away and then succumbed to his injuries like Natasha but unlike her, his bones cpuld wrll
His bones may ne somewhere nearby.

I was responding to a post that said "just as someone said about Natasha Richardson," Shane could have "walked away with no injuries" and be living another life somewhere. It was a fair correction to make on my part, and a friendly one, since that wasn't what I originally said about Natasha. FWIW, I would also like to see a better search of the area.

I agree with an earlier post who questions that maybe information has been withheld. Were any other belongings found apart from the shoe, what did the 100 plus hours of security camera footage bring up, where exactly were the cell phone pings and when did they stop. Did the 911 caller actually go and have a look at the car and inside the car? I'm assuming nothing came of these things or maybe they did as the investigation is still active.

My thoughts are (based on the shoe) is that he was badly injured, may not of realized how badly injured he was depending on how much he had to drink and passed away somewhere nearby.

Second thought is someone saw him in this state and took advantage, maybe there was a struggle and he lost his shoe?

Just my opinion.

Sorry I was not more clear, I know what you said I was just misunderstood. What i was pointing out is that just as Natasha Richardson walked away and later suffered injuries, SHANE MAY HAVE CAME TO THAT SAME FATE yes. However I was just stating that it is ALSO possible that the opposite of Natasha Richardson is also likely. HIM WALKING AWAY UNHARMED MEMORY AND ALL! But agree that measures should be taken to do another search in the area, because if not a body maybe some other clue would be found.

DRUNKS OFTEN WALK AWAY FROM ACCIDENTS WHERE A SOBER PERSON WILL NOT. And he was said to be drinking. And honestly I don't think anyone was very sure where he headed after the bar. Cause if he had gone home he would have went east not west from the bar. I also found it weird that His brothers in-laws mentioned substance abuse at all. Makes me think maybe he stopped for some kind of drug before heading home and maybe even did some before heading east on River Road. Don't mean he had a problem but maybe experimenting with them? http://www.nola.com/traffic/index.ssf/2011/06/marrero_man_still_missing_afte.html
And on that note, if drugs were involved, maybe he had just bought some, and the dealer came upon the accident before the police did, and had something to do with disappearing him so the dealer didn't get in trouble either?

Lots of possibilities it seems.
JMO

Agree with you 100%. Another search should be conducted. Sadly, I believe only earthly remains will be found. It is just extremely difficult to find someone outdoors. You can have a thorough grid search and pass within inches of them. Prayers to this family. I do believe he will be found and isn't that far from where the car crashed. Pure speculation of course. Hope I'm wrong...

I can see that the Celotex plant was knocked down...
I wonder what crazy stunts a head injury could talk you into doing? There's a pub on 4th street..directly across from the Old Plant..
I wonder if he could have tried to go through the fences to cut to 4th and go to the pub..maybe lost his sense of direction in between? Or that his brother would probably go there instead?
I don't know.. Just thinking things through. lol JMHO

I'm from Northeast LA but never heard about this case until now. Regarding head injury, the husband of one of my female friends got in wicked car wreck back in 2010/2011 on Interstate 20. He walked several miles to gas station and was never found again. Cameras caught him coming in but apparently he exited out side door. Never used his debit or credit cards. He's dead IMHO but hasn't been found.

So yes, a doctor reviewed footage of his behavior inside gas station and stated was 90% probability that severe head injury played factor. Google "Mark Mayo missing Monroe, LA" if interested. L..

Thank you for your answers and your patience! I think it is wiser for me not to risk too many spyware or viruses.

IMHO, if he got out, he wasn't wearing his seatbelt, which rises the chance of head injury. Even if a buzzed or drunk person feels more rubbery, that does not turn the body into a rubber like a ball. It still has vulnerable bones and a vulnerable skull.

I agree with most posters that SF likely perished "nearby" and that they have to search again. Mind you, this search may yield no results either. Maybe only the river knows.
I hope that the family will also be able to locate the mystery artist that sells origami flowers, to make sure who he is.

Must be so toough for them not to have real closure. These cases of ambiguous loss are the worst.

Been reading a bit about ambiguous loss here: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03/15/the-flight-370-paradox-how-do-you-mourn-a-missing-person.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member