LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 minutes, and then when he got there, emergency vehicles were already there??? Then it's more like a 5 minute window from the time Shane called Brent and Shane disappeared. 5 minutes. Had he walked away, he could have still been in the area. Maybe that's why he ran, when he saw the police or emergency vehicles. He had been drinking and didn't want to get a DUI. That explains why he might have left.

But it doesn't explain why he's still gone. Wondering if he hid out somewhere to cool his jets and get the heat off, then something else happened to him, which is why he hasn't been heard from since. JMO.

I think this is exactly why he made it on The Unexplained. I still have not seen the episode but would absolutely love to catch it. I also wish there were more details available about the cell phone and pings. We know it was on, did it travel, was it shut off etc??

Now if he did hide out to cool his jets and there was trauma from the accident, brain started swelling etc, that could have led to confusion and disorientation.

I can't believe after 2 years his thread is only on page 2.

Crazy, huh? I am not all that knowledgeable about this case. But I am wondering if maybe Shane took a leap into the river either purposefully or because he was distraught about the crash. Other than being abducted by a person who offered to help or being abducted by aliens, I can't think of any other possible explanation. Unless maybe he has amnesia and just walked away and died somewhere or is somewhere out there with no idea what his name is. But I don't think that's very likely. I mean, he called his brother, correct?

Crazy, huh? I am not all that knowledgeable about this case. But I am wondering if maybe Shane took a leap into the river either purposefully or because he was distraught about the crash. Other than being abducted by a person who offered to help or being abducted by aliens, I can't think of any other possible explanation. Unless maybe he has amnesia and just walked away and died somewhere or is somewhere out there with no idea what his name is. But I don't think that's very likely. I mean, he called his brother, correct?

It's not that easy to jump into the river.

http://goo.gl/maps/z3LbZ

Attachments

• river road.jpg
    river road.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 138
It's not that easy to jump into the river.

http://goo.gl/maps/z3LbZ

Was his shoe found in the woods between the road and the river? It seems like every case there is speculation about a head bump and amnesia, but that is very rarely what happens. Not impossible, just improbable, in my mind. I do think he could have hidden out because he didn't want a DWI. Maybe he felt like he should be in a better place in his life than drinking and driving and thought he should run away. I don't know. Have they searched those woods well? Anyone from New Orleans knows the rise and fall of the river will go far into the "woods" that surround the river. Most times, I can't see the water from the levee and then there have been times I could spit in the water standing on top! If they were not searched WELL to begin with, he could have gotten washed away.

I have not seen the tv program, but if there is a possibility he has been seen, he shouldn't be that hard to find! It takes time, but I would be out there until every person on that street trusted me enough to watch out and give me info.

Was his shoe found in the woods between the road and the river? It seems like every case there is speculation about a head bump and amnesia, but that is very rarely what happens. Not impossible, just improbable, in my mind. I do think he could have hidden out because he didn't want a DWI. Maybe he felt like he should be in a better place in his life than drinking and driving and thought he should run away. I don't know. Have they searched those woods well? Anyone from New Orleans knows the rise and fall of the river will go far into the "woods" that surround the river. Most times, I can't see the water from the levee and then there have been times I could spit in the water standing on top! If they were not searched WELL to begin with, he could have gotten washed away.

I have not seen the tv program, but if there is a possibility he has been seen, he shouldn't be that hard to find! It takes time, but I would be out there until every person on that street trusted me enough to watch out and give me info.
Remember how high the river was in the spring of 2011? I could practically dangle my feet in the river on some points along the levee, especially on the Fly and around Ocshner. By June, however, it had subsided considerably, which is normal for the summer months. The batture is pretty wide in the area where SF's car turned over, and the woods are thick. Even if he did reach the water, it seems unlikely that his body would've been washed out into the river. And from what I recall, that entire area was searched extensively. TES searched, canines were used, and the volunteer searches went on for weeks. BTW, the shoe was found in the vicinity of the car.

Remember how high the river was in the spring of 2011? I could practically dangle my feet in the river on some points along the levee, especially on the Fly and around Ocshner. By June, however, it had subsided considerably, which is normal for the summer months. The batture is pretty wide in the area where SF's car turned over, and the woods are thick. Even if he did reach the water, it seems unlikely that his body would've been washed out into the river. And from what I recall, that entire area was searched extensively. TES searched, canines were used, and the volunteer searches went on for weeks. BTW, the shoe was found in the vicinity of the car.

I was thinking more along the lines that he ran into the woods and passed away- by natural or foul play- and wasn't ever found, he would probably be washed away by now. Sorry for that not nice description. I feel better if they had searched well near the time of the disappearance. If he is not gone down the river (In which case he might never be found), then he is somewhere! I hope they searched far down the road in both directions in the woods. If I was drunk and then running from the law, I would stay in the woods until I was far away, to elude them! I would stay off the road for as long as possible. Just trying to imagine.

Hello! I just happened upon this thread for Shane Fell. I currently have been following another mysterious missing person case on WS, Bryce Laspisa in CA. Anyway, I came upon a page that showed an update on the Missing Persons of America site for Shane. I don't know when or how this update came to be, but I didn't see it on this thread, so I thought I'd post it.

If him, then he would be alive! This must give the family hope.

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2011/06/shane-fell-missing-after-traffic.html

UPDATE: There have been sightings of a transient/homeless person around grocery stores and Wal-Marts in Louisiana, Florida, Texas and North Carolina that is selling orgami (hand-made) flowers and sour grass flowers. If you happen to be approached to buy flowers or notice someone like that, keep in mind it may be Shane.

WOW! How does this keep happening that people just "VANISH"?

WOW! How does this keep happening that people just "VANISH"?

I don't know .... where do they go? how can they just 'disappear'?

weird. He talked to his brother just after the accident, and a matter of minutes he has gone - poof!

Where are you Shane? time to come home

I was thinking of Shane's case the other day, and all of the other cases here at WS I have seen of someone vanishing after getting into a wreck... (Leah Roberts, Shane Fell, Maura Murray, Bryce Laspisa, I could go on...)

I turned to my husband and said- "If you ever get into a wreck, I don't care how minor it is and how 'fine' you are... call 911 IMMEDIATELY and do NOT move until they arrive."

The shoe in the mud...like others have pondered, what happened for it to be there?

So, I was thinking. There's such a small window of time that I don't know how possible this might be, but what if he was accidentally hit by another driver while SF was waiting for his brother to come.

I think we've all heard about how shoes can fly off when hit with enough force. So, one of his shoes flew and landed in the spot his brother found it later on. Maybe the driver was scared of getting in trouble, so he put SF into his car and drove off with SF, either in an injured state...or maybe it was a fatal hit. *wince*

The quickest way for him to disappear would have been to walk over the levee. Like someone said, maybe he was afraid of getting a DUI. Or he was disoriented, and for some other reason felt that he had to hide. If he wandered into the woods and perished, it seems like he should have been found, but maybe not.

I've always attributed the shoe in the mud from SF stepping in the mud and the shoe staying lodged down but his foot coming out of the shoe. When I was younger, we would go mud riding on four wheelers in my family's crawfish ponds after the ponds were drained. I recall being bogged down in the mud, getting off of the bike and my rubber boot sinking seven or so inches in the mud. As I took my next step, the boot stayed in the mud but my foot came right out of the boot.

But this brings something else to mind, if it were muddy were there obvious footprints in the mud?

What is the foot traffic like in the area where Shane went missing?

If evidence may have been missed in earlier searches, I'm wondering how likely it would be that this evidence would eventually be found.

What is the foot traffic like in the area where Shane went missing?

If evidence may have been missed in earlier searches, I'm wondering how likely it would be that this evidence would eventually be found.

None, really, but you would think that would have been easier to try to follow footsteps of a foot without a shoe or a dragged human or something! So weird, this thing.

:bump:

Hoping this year brings answers in Shane's case!

A bit off topic, but has anyone read about the OK man (Danny McGee) who went missing after a car accident in 2010 and just recently his remains may have been found 1/2 mile away from the scene of said accident? Here's the link to the story: http://www.koco.com/news/lincoln-county-sheriff-skeletal-remains-found-east-of-chandler/25379964

After reading about McGee, I couldn't help but think about Shane Fell. Similar circumstances, perhaps?

Re: Danny McGee, "A man who was hunting for mushrooms in the area found a skull Monday evening. The scene was secured Monday night and deputies investigated Tuesday."

What kind of mushrooms? :D

It seems that there are some facts that are being withheld. If his family truly wants him found, they should answer all questions honestly and completely. People don't just dissapear. There is no such thing as magic. I am confident that this case can be solved if we are given all of the facts.

It seems that there are some facts that are being withheld. If his family truly wants him found, they should answer all questions honestly and completely. People don't just dissapear. There is no such thing as magic. I am confident that this case can be solved if we are given all of the facts.

BBM

Boy, isn't that the truth about a lot of cases? If only...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500