Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lavanda,

Are you able to tell us why none of the medical issues Jennifer has experienced, including surgery on her feet, or a medical condition requiring a need for certain types of medications have not been noted on her missing posters, her "Missing" page, in the media, and more importantly, on her profile on NamUs? There is absolutely nothing indicating scars from surgeries, possible metal implants within her feet, or her possibly being in need of certain medications for medical conditions on her NamUs profile and I would think that if it needs to be listed anywhere, it would be there, especially in the event she did disappear due to foul play and was found not for some time several states away?

Thank you
Oh my. Thank you. Yes, I reported to Lori at Namus to have that added to her profile and I believe she may be working on it...or that info is in the system but not on public view yet. I am appointed by NamUs as victims advocate for my state, however, I do input for all due to my work with families all over. I will write her now before I forget to check status. Thank you for reminding me.

Lavanda,

Are you able to tell us why none of the medical issues Jennifer has experienced, including surgery on her feet, or a medical condition requiring a need for certain types of medications have not been noted on her missing posters, her "Missing" page, in the media, and more importantly, on her profile on NamUs? There is absolutely nothing indicating scars from surgeries, possible metal implants within her feet, or her possibly being in need of certain medications for medical conditions on her NamUs profile and I would think that if it needs to be listed anywhere, it would be there, especially in the event she did disappear due to foul play and was found not for some time several states away?

Thank you

Not sure if I can get in trouble for doing this. It is public information and will be in NamUs but this is what was sent for corrections on January 26, 2013:

Hi Lori,

We are working with the husband of missing Jennifer Ramsaran. Error highlighted in green is wrong in her NamUs report. Please ADD the highlighted yellow as additional info not in system presently. The investigator for the Chenango County Sheriff Office, and spouse of Jennifer is cc'd in this email. Thank you.

Police Information
Title Deputy
First name
Last name Fern
Phone 607 334-2000
Email
Website
Case number 12-3453
Date reported December 13, 2012
Missing Report was filed on December 12, 2012

ADD INFO PLEASE:

Missing: Jennifer L. Ramsaran
Case: Missing
Missing From: New Berlin, NY
Missing Date: December 11, 2012
Race: W Sex: F
Age at Time Missing: 36 years old
Height: 5’5″
Weight: 190 pounds
Hair Color: Long brown
Eye Color: Blue
Tattoos: None
Piercings: Ears
Glasses: Wears prescription glasses when driving
Clothing: wearing blue jeans purple blue top black jacket

Police Agency: Chenango County Sheriff at (607) 334-2000, or your local police

Fingerprints: Unknown. (Wasn't sure if they were taken when they got their passports. Initially spouse thought they were fingerprinted, but wasn't sure.)

Dental Records: Yes. Dr. J (I removed as this is not public info)

Physical/Medical: Has 2 pins from bunion surgery in each foot along her big toes from the time she was 16 years old.

Respectfully,

Cynthia Caron
President/Founder
LostNMissing, Inc.
NamUs-Victim Advocate (NH)
Phone: 603.965.4621
Cell: 603.548.6548
www.lostnmissing.com

Lavanda,

Are you able to please tell us why none of the medical issues Jennifer has experienced, including surgery on her feet, or a medical condition requiring a need for certain types of medications have not been noted on her missing posters, her "Missing" page, in the media, and more importantly, on her profile on NamUs? There is absolutely nothing indicating scars from surgeries, possible metal implants within her feet, or her possibly being in need of certain medications for medical conditions on her NamUs profile and I would think that if it needs to be listed anywhere, it would be there, especially in the event she did disappear due to foul play and was found not for some time several states away?

Thank you

For medical purposes and HPPA laws we do not notate things on missing posters unless of course they are needed to find someone. For example...diabetic and no insulin would be noted. (medical implants such as pins, breast, artificial hip are not in posters as they are considered private and the public wouldn't necessarily know these things. They are always notated and sent to NamUs. Sometimes PD does not want all info released for public view in NamUs...just an FYI. There are those missing who are in NamUs but their names do not show up. Example, our Erin Geiser. PD will not allow her NamUs profile to show. Why...? I don't know. I think it should say "registered but not for public view"....it would save my staff a lot of time from entering if the PD already did it and let us know. So now we ask PD when confirming a registration if they enter their own NamUs or if they would like us to do it. Most times they tell us to do it.)

Lavonda, Why does the information you posted on Facebook state that "the cell phone finally picked up a ping and was located at State Highway 23" when it was found by her husband using the FindMyiPhone app?

I'm still wondering about this. Seems misleading. IMO

This just all seems so staged to me. Either by Jennifer, to make it look as though she was abducted, or by someone close to her. And I am not leaning toward number one.

I like these lists Lavonda.. could we do one for the van? I will start

questions about the van:

1) why was it left there
2) how was it parked (neatly parked? hidden/easily seen from road?)
3) were the doors unlocked
4) what was the seat position (did it look like she had been driving it)
5) were any other personal belongings left in it?
6) if the phone was tossed why not leave it in the van
7) how much gas was left
8) when was the last oil change (usually milage is noted at that time and maybe you could figure from that the mileage for that day or at least estimate)
9) any receipts etc left in the van?
10) any ccvid from around where the van was left?
11) have bodies of water and dumpsters around the van been checked?

Great list!

Was the van fingerprinted, and were the keys fingerprinted (really a LE question, but I was wondering)?

Were the driving mirrors moved?

Were the seat belts adjusted differently?

Is it known if JR ever utilized the computers at public libraries? If she did, that activity would not show on the phone or home computer, if 'alias' accounts were set up
for example - there are 2 at
3 Court Street
Norwich, NY 13815

and 3320 New York 8, South New Berlin, NY

Oh let me add, when I used to work in a library, if you didn't have a library card- you could still get on a computer if you showed identification...we had numerous tourists that would stop to use our computers...and we were required to keep logs

I am going to have to go with my gut feeling and say no that it had nothing to do with any kind of "affair." I believe I see more into the situation than what even GR saw or experienced when Jennifer was home. I've discussed it with him and he cried. He wanted to know "how I knew?" It was like a light bulb went off and things he never thought twice about "came rolling out." Trust me when I say, the man is truly devastated, confused and is doing all he can to cope with his own emotions and his priority right now are his children and finding Jennifer.
"Root changes" cannot be divulged.

Lavanda, does LE know about the affair? Thanks

I am behind. Trying to catch up. When was it revealed that Jennifer left her wedding ring in her jewelry box? Thanks

Hi All,
I have been lurking on this board for a while. I appreciate all of the info and ideas about Jennifer's case that I have found here. I hope that she will be found soon. While my feelings about this case seem to coinside with the majority...I am trying to think outside of the box.
This is a question for Lavanda and RickBlaine. Did Jennifer fear the end of the world or show interest in Zombies? One thing that I keep remembering is right after Jenn went missing I was looking at her FB page and she had posted one of those silly posters. I can't remember exactly what it said but it was something to the tune of....Just looking for someone to celebrate the Apocalypse with. This struck me as odd at the time but I just brushed it off as her being silly.
I know this is probably way off and I am hoping to eliminate it as a possibility. Could Jennifer have been stashing supplies (muddy area) to prep for the end of the world and then met up with someone to travel somewhere to hide???

I'm still wondering about this. Seems misleading. IMO

Didn't abandon midstream. Sorry. We have a new registration I have to verify for a staff member. I will be back to address questions...and a work report due.
In regards to your question...I don't recall the actual app and if it was "FindMyPhone" or whatever you named..the short version, of which is stated on the map, is the fact that the phone was found in that location, on that date and due to a ping. For the actual poster it did not need to be named who actually found the phone because our "awareness" to the public is to not fill them up with questions. You are here because you have questions, thoughts, theories. The general public does not. We need only give them enough to hope to bring recognition and awareness. That is what the posters are for in the stores, etc ....if someone gets "too much info" it may cause them to "confuse themselves" and then a very valuable tip may be lost that may seem insignificant to the person because they were given too much and "ruled it out" on their own. I hope that makes sense. BBL

If you are going to quote this down the way, please I ask that you keep it intact as written and not cut snippets as that could give a total different meaning.
Do I believe she "purposely ran off and planned to run off from home?" NO.
Do I believe she "may have" met up with someone prior to the mall trip? Yes.
Do I believe she may have "met up with a stranger situation that could have caused her harm?" Yes, that is also a possibility.
Do I believe the possibility that she may have had something happen during the course of the day that caused her to have a situation of "emotional despair" that may have caused her to just not go home on impulse due to her emotional state as opposed to a planned purpose of not going home? Yes, it is a possibility to consider as it does happen.

Lavanda,

I'm behind in reading here but I had a question. I did ask this previously so you may have already answered, however; I never saw your response.

In your experience, if a mother is to run off for reasons unknown but let's say for reading purposes, emotional turmoil, where do they go?

How are they able to sustain living? Food, transportation, clothing, etc?

In your experience did the majority live off the streets, shelters, or stay with friends/family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SalmonElla