GUILTY NY - Levon Wameling, 9 months, Utica, 29 May 2013

A swind of any sort is not approved infant sleeping device. Under the age of one year infants should be on their back in a crib or basinette with a firm base. No blankets toys or pillows or other adults or children should be in the sleeping area.

http://www.cjsids.org/resource-center/risk-reduction-strategy.html

That information is quite controversial. We had a "family bed" for our children, which is part of "attachment parenting". The family bed is quite safe if done appropriately, and the risk of SIDS is actually statistically less.

You know what? I'm pissed!!! The mother of the child left him with his father so that SHE could go to work!!! What kinda J.O.B. (As Judge Joe Brown would say. ) did HE have? Oh... is this the guy that was out stealing condoms and gum???? SMH! When we learn America? When will we learn? Why should she have had to leave her tiny baby behind to support them all? She shouldn't had to!

Some countries give the Moms a full year of maternity leave!! Here you are lucky to get 6 weeks.

You know what? I'm pissed!!! The mother of the child left him with his father so that SHE could go to work!!! What kinda J.O.B. (As Judge Joe Brown would say. ) did HE have? Oh... is this the guy that was out stealing condoms and gum???? SMH! When we learn America? When will we learn? Why should she have had to leave her tiny baby behind to support them all? She shouldn't had to!

Some countries give the Moms a full year of maternity leave!! Here you are lucky to get 6 weeks.

Women need to be more selective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Norway give 1 year for the mom and 3 months for dad. But our newly elected government want to remove the months for dad.

I am confused. I thought Levon's mom was in rehab and that is why his father had custody of him? He was in charge because mom was doing her J O B of getting clean and sober.

Wameling told local NBC-affiliate WKTV that he waited two weeks to alert authorities because he wanted to find Levon before telling the boy's mother, Amy Warney, who was in drug rehab at the time.
After hearing of the disappearance in June, a tearful Warney pleaded for help finding her boy from the public at a news conference, reported The Utica Observer-Dispatch.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...wameling-cops-article-1.1463980#ixzz2gZMLTceK

I am confused. I thought Levon's mom was in rehab and that is why his father had custody of him? He was in charge because mom was doing her J O B of getting clean and sober.

Wameling told local NBC-affiliate WKTV that he waited two weeks to alert authorities because he wanted to find Levon before telling the boy's mother, Amy Warney, who was in drug rehab at the time.
After hearing of the disappearance in June, a tearful Warney pleaded for help finding her boy from the public at a news conference, reported The Utica Observer-Dispatch.
I'm confused too. You're right the mom went to rehab. Maybe she exercised poor judgment in leaving the baby with the father, but she didn't commit a crime, and in my opinion is a victim here. What were her options? She's hurting. I hope she doesn't read any victim blaming posts here. The poor woman.

I am thinking of the Ayla Reynolds case and how her mother had family lined up to care for Ayla while she went to treatment. Bio dad brought CPS to insist the child be turned over to him.

If Amy Warner had left little guy in someone else's care Jevon still could have come and gotten him and we still could have ended up with this horrible result.

I will agree though that young women need to stop being baby mamas and start being settled, with a job, a partner and a real desire for motherhood before they go having children. I think the posts regarding mom have a point in that regard, but Jevon and Jevon alone is responsible for what he did to his son. MOO

If they know our baby boy had a gash in his skull, when will the new charges come?
Thankfully ( only choice of words and its ugly I know ) there was evidence to determine the cause of death on his tiny, fragile body. Some of the little ones found have no COD and that worries me with prosecution. But in Levon's case, there is one. This is going to be good at trial. So let's get this creep charged and move on !

If they know our baby boy had a gash in his skull, when will the new charges come?
Thankfully ( only choice of words and its ugly I know ) there was evidence to determine the cause of death on his tiny, fragile body. Some of the little ones found have no COD and that worries me with prosecution. But in Levon's case, there is one. This is going to be good at trial. So let's get this creep charged and move on !

makes me wonder if jevon is going to say he accidentally dropped him and covered it up out of fear. it's unlikely that the judge will allow info to be presented that has to do with the death of the other baby too. maybe he'll get a lawyer that does a minimal crappy job at best because in his heart he thinks his client is guilty.

Jevon will, most likely, use "the fear excuse" if the only possible cause of death is that head wound on Baby Levon. Yes, he'll say he dropped Levon by mistake, and then got afraid, and then had to hide the baby in the river and lie about it for months. There's all these loop holes even if everybody knows Jevon hurt that baby intentionally. I hope and pray they nail Jevon down good this time.

It's so frustrating. Is the dad still in jail?
It seems that LE can kind of take their time once they have a main perp or poi ( unnamed or not ) in custody on other charges. They don't have to worry so much he will get out of town and disappear. Hopefully they are crossing their T' s and dotting their I's and that's all. With a one inch gash in his head, I would think this shouldn't be terribly difficult to put together for a trial. I HOPE AND PRAY ANYWAY!

I don't know why there's no new charges yet. :scared: This was all I could find. Wonder why the attorney wants off the burglary case.

Oct 15th - Jevon Wameling indicted on burglary, grand larceny charges
http://centralny.ynn.com/content/ne...-indicted-on-burglary--grand-larceny-charges/

"According to the Oneida County District Attorney, Wameling was assigned an attorney, but that person has since asked to be removed from the case. The DA would not say why."

Oct 2nd - Baby Levon
Levon Wameling laid to rest
http://centralny.ynn.com/content/news/698864/levon-wameling-laid-to-rest/

when will LE decide to stop talking when a criminal invokes his right to a lawyer It is not rocket scienc

I am thinking of the Ayla Reynolds case and how her mother had family lined up to care for Ayla while she went to treatment. Bio dad brought CPS to insist the child be turned over to him.

If Amy Warner had left little guy in someone else's care Jevon still could have come and gotten him and we still could have ended up with this horrible result.

I will agree though that young women need to stop being baby mamas and start being settled, with a job, a partner and a real desire for motherhood before they go having children. I think the posts regarding mom have a point in that regard, but Jevon and Jevon alone is responsible for what he did to his son. MOO

I agree with most of this...... What I fail to understand is why CPS failed to require Jevon to get treatment.

There is no excuse why only one of Levon's parents was court ordered to get treatment when evidence exists both parents suffered from substance abuse addiction.

Levon should have been placed in foster care, or with a family member while both parents were in rehab. The state should have ordered supervised visitation for Jevon. He should have NEVER been alone with that child.

Somewhere, someone dropped the ball, and imo it's the agency that investigated the mother failing to protect the child from the father as well.

Women need to be more selective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Now is not the time for a new boyfriend either. I pray Levon's siblings are getting counseling because I'm sure they are suffering the results of being exposed to this very sad case. They lost a baby brother who was found dead thrown in the river. The guy that used to live there is now in jail. They don't need to be exposed to another bf with a criminal record.

I pray their Mom will take this time to heal, continue her education, and not look to some new guy to define her worth. Your children are valuable gifts to protect. Your children come first.

I'll say it again - now is not the time to be talking about a new relationship.

This is just my own opinion.

I've been a single parent for 8 years. My deadbeat ex doesn't want to raise his kids (and I was married to him and planned the children) and he hasn't seen them since Christmas 2004.

I haven't had a new bf since. I don't want to mess my kids up anymore than their violent father did. I walked before he killed me, and I took my girls. It's been hard, my middle child struggles and is getting help. But I agree. Children come before anything. I'll never let a man into my life while my children are still growing.

They have positive male influences in my brothers, my dad and my step dad btw.

My heart goes out to you and your children, blefuscu. What a disappointment the wrong relationship can be. You are a very loving parent. A sane, solid upbringing is the best gift you can give children. It will be worth it.

It has only been a month since Levon was found dead thrown in a river by this disappointing boyfriend. Do these surviving children really need to be exposed to another bf so soon? No. My hope is that the mother do some soul searching now before getting involved in another relationship. Sometimes we have to feel the pain and stand alone to gain ourselves.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back