NY NY - Sylvia Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originals RTBM:

Another question: I know we discussed in prior threads, but SL does look quite different in all 3 photos of her available.

Face much fuller in her blonde (I think no makeup) photo versus the newspaper/engagement and other photo wearing dress that wraps around neck (love that dress, by the way).

I think there's a bit of the lens angle thing going on with the photos - To me, out of the three, she looks most different in the newspaper photo (much different). And I agree, she looks thinner in the one with the green top (top looks like it could be a 70's Halston - yes beautiful).

I'm late to the party on this reply, but I wanted to add the Wagner newspaper band photo to the mix. The part of the picture that captures her is tiny, and yet I get still another "view of SL" from it. A pic of her somewhat distracted, off in her own mind somewhere, not really conscious of, or caring about, being looked at. JMO

I stumbled upon this website in my 70’s fashion wanderings – It has quite a lot of interesting trivia--everything from historical, to cost of living items, to searchable years of fashion items, accessories, etc., with prices.

http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/

I sent the UID info over to Kim, Sylvia's case mgr. at NamUs.

ETA: To obtain more info on dentals -she knows we are looking for perfect teeth.

I still don't understand "fingerprint information is available elsewhere", but I'm really glad more pictures were added of her.

Wow-ASWDH must be working on this-Sylvia was adorable! These photos are much better, clearer pictures of her. I'm so glad these were added.

She was younger in one of the first photos we saw: the blonde no makeup fuller appearing face photo, eyebrows untouched...what do you think?

Eyebrows are tweezed or shaped or penciled in...in some of other photos. ie) the engagement announcement photo, the green halter dress photo and also, the black/white set posted. I think she's couple years older in these.

Wow- that new color photo of her really shows how beautiful she is.
She has dimples!

New photos added to Sylvia's NAMUS!

Check it out below>Images

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/7574/157

Wow! Good find, Epiph! These make her so much more real to me. Looking at all of these together, I do see a lot of variability in her face. I think it's partly due to the 2-3 pounds +/- you described -- maybe with the one in color by itself and the Wagnerian band photo, for instance, being on the upswing, and the halter top and set of "proofs" toward the trimmer side? Of course, we don't know whether these span slightly different ages. The variations in hair color may be summer versus winter. MMQC mentioned they used "Sun In."

What on earth happened to poor Sylvia ...

ETA: Woops! Hello, page 18 posts! Yes, I think the one with the purple sweater could be a year or two younger than the others.

After seeing these new photos, it occurred to me that Sylvia's hair color might almost be called light brown, rather than strawberry blonde. She certainly is lovely in the pictures, and probably was even more so to see her in person. I imagine she got a lot of attention from men (of all ages!)

I just read Sylvia's engagement announcement again, and it looks like they were both finishing up their degrees at the same time-the announcement had her as a senior bio major, while he was studying music education at NYU but didn't say if he was a post graduate. I wonder if he was still finishing his undergraduate studies and this was why no wedding date had been set yet?

I just read Sylvia's engagement announcement again, and it looks like they were both finishing up their degrees at the same time-the announcement had her as a senior bio major, while he was studying music education at NYU but didn't say if he was a post graduate. I wonder if he was still finishing his undergraduate studies and this was why no wedding date had been set yet?

I got caught in confusion over that a couple of threads back. :)

The newspaper made some kind of mistake in their wording, though I don't know what is was (either they should have said was, or maybe he went back for teacher certification after he graduated? he does not have a master's degree). To make matters worse, one of the places the BF/F works (and got his degree from) lists his resume info with the wrong graduation date. MMQC eventually confirmed for me that he graduated a few years before SL did.

I got caught in confusion over that a couple of threads back. :)

The newspaper made some kind of mistake in their wording, though I don't know what is was (either they should have said was, or maybe he went back for teacher certification after he graduated? he does not have a master's degree). To make matters worse, one of the places the BF/F works (and got his degree from) lists his resume info with the wrong graduation date. MMQC eventually confirmed for me that he graduated a few years before SL did.

There are so many posts here (in spite of relatively little official information), that I do forget what we've gone over, and what's been confirmed-good to know that MMQC has cleared that up. I wonder if the newspaper got the info from EL, and she was unclear about BF/F's status as a student? I know it seems unlikely that she wouldn't know, but in the year we have been discussing this case, it has never seemed like the Lwowskis had spent much time at all with him, and didn't know him well at all.

Now that there are new pictures of Sylvia, I'm hopeful more information comes out. I really wish there were dental records or medical records from the VA Hospital. It might help if she had any scars from surgeries or something like that, fractures of any kind etc. any little bit of information will help.

In the recently added pictures of Sylvia, I think there are a couple photos (full face) that might work well for an age progression.

In the recently added pictures of Sylvia, I think there are a couple photos (full face) that might work well for an age progression.

Yes it's been awhile since we last discussed an age progression photo. I wonder if her brother would consider requesting one.

Both Namus and an Investigator from the NY State Police got back to me right away yesterday ruling out the UID - I sent them both a followup and a thank you.

Even though this was a straight forward rule out, it is good to know that we can have an answer expedited so quickly, and the investigator ran it by the medical examiner/doctor.

Sylvia is uncommon with no cavities at the age of 22, a distinguishing feature.

I agree, I think her hair color is light brown. Was it lightened to blond when she went missing? Also, fixing the clothing details (no skirt in Namus)--was her outfit a solid color, is the type of shoe she might have worn known? -Adding any known physical details; shoe size, distinguishing moles, any previous healed fractures or operations from childhood, appendectomy for instance would be very helpful.

I wonder how her brother can be absolutely certain that she had no cavities? Her teeth are beautiful in the photos, but that doesn't necessarily mean she had no fillings-I really wish there was an x-ray or something from her dentist. Or as you said, Rose, an x-ray from an earlier injury. It's too bad LE didn't have her parents at least obtain the dental records back in 1975. I'm sure they'd have been available then-I can't imagine, with those beautiful teeth, that she had never been to the dentist. I was hoping that ASWDH would go through his parents' documents to see if there was anything in there that might help-since he posted the new photos, it looks like he's started to do that, so I'm hoping he'll find something else that could help identify her if she's found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member