Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm. Bombshell! Or not? About May 10 call. One or the other is true:

1. The phone sex part of the call did happen early morning May 10, after the May 9 texts, and after a "bridge" Myspace chat.

2. She set him BIG TIME on May 9, and manufactured an entire chat on her Myspace profile page after she did, and the May 10 phone sex didn't happen , at least not following immediately after the chat.

3. The option I've missed seeing before and have missed again. :D

(This is what I get for looking back over the dozens of squirrelled away docs and seeing what I didn't pick up on before).

Maschochists can decide for yourselves. . Posting stuff below.

Door #2. And she'd already set up the sex tape. The fake MySpace sex glop was to establish a basis for the sex tape, which she's already completed. On the soon-to-be-lost phone.

May 8th: TA and CL discuss not receiving each other's texts. Even JA couldn't pull that off, right? How would she physically stop texts from showing up on each other's phones after each has sent them?

I think we figured out she could use a setting to route them to her Gmail automatically.

Could you try a hairdryer?

Nope. My terrorist fur balls knocked over and spilled approx. 12-16 ozs of very sticky apple cider right smack on and into the keyboard. I guess there must be circuits below the keys, because the damage didn't become evident, actually, until the cider had dried underneath on the circuit board or whatever lies beneath the keys.

It's OK. Warranty or not, another laptop is in the near near future. :)

I can't post links at the moment, but JM's post-PP2 trial interview with Troy Hayden is worth watching again, especially now.

One of the best exchanges- Troy asks JM why he raised his voice at the while he was crossing her. JM -twinkly eyed- replied, because I wanted to make sure she could hear what I was asking.

Troy said- oh, I think everyone in the courtroom could hear you. Without missing a beat JM asked- even in the back row? LOL.

Nope. My terrorist fur balls knocked over and spilled approx. 12-16 ozs of very sticky apple cider right smack on and into the keyboard. I guess there must be circuits below the keys, because the damage didn't become evident, actually, until the cider had dried underneath on the circuit board or whatever lies beneath the keys.

It's OK. Warranty or not, another laptop is in the near near future. :)

LOL. Same thing happened to me, except it was a beer. I couldn't blame anyone else though. My biggest injury was the kicking myself and confessing my ignorance. I purchased a $15 wireless keyboard and plugged in to the laptop.

Sorry for the OT

LOL. Same thing happened to me, except it was a beer. I couldn't blame anyone else though. My biggest injury was the kicking myself and confessing my ignorance. I purchased a $15 wireless keyboard and plugged in to the laptop.

Sorry for the OT

In this case the keyboard is attached.....(couldn't resist staging the cat & the mouse, lol).

Attachments

• IMG_20160207_140127.jpg
    IMG_20160207_140127.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 46

Sorry for the OT

In this case the keyboard is attached.....(couldn't resist staging the cat & the mouse, lol).

LOL. Mine also I just put the wireless keyboard on top of the laptop keyboard. With technology changing so quickly I refuse to spend any more money than I have to. Keyboards are already almost obsolete now.

JMO & OT

Sorry for the OT

I think the point is you can bypass the keyboard that's on the laptop by adding a separate, standard-sized keyboard, just the way you add a mouse.

=Hope4More;12339658 In this case the keyboard is attached.....(couldn't resist staging the cat & the mouse, lol).

LOL @ pic

A computer tech friend of mine said warranty ended when cider flowed :( but also said he'd walk you through replacing the keyboard, that you can find an inexpensive one on eBay.

ETA: Quoting posts is a little weird today.

I have been reading Whittlemore's "Behind the Words" book and picked up something I noticed but never commented on. CMJA's speech slipped into her normal slang when she was caught off guard or was upset. For instance she used "grand" for "thousand", "****" for "semen", "shotgun" for "passenger" also she gave statements like "he is full of crap" a word she used often. And many numerous "yeah right" instead of "yes". She picked up a lot of big five syllable words and worked them into her conversations when she wanted to impress but it was not her normal speech patterns. Check out any of her interviews with police or her recorded conversations. Also Whittlemore commented on the penis picture that CMJA and Nurmi tried to pass off as Travis's. Even she said she checked out old Daryll's hands. No way was the hand hold the organ Travis's. She wondered why prosecution didn't bring that out. I wonder too, hope Juan tells us why in his new book.

So much of this case was withheld from jurors and the public because Nurmi and DT had it sealed and kept from the trial. I understand some evidence can be too prejudicial, but since CMJA and team lied so much about Travis and fabricated so much evidence, I think the prosecution should have been allowed some latitude in the other prejudicial evidence against her.:maddening:

I have been reading Whittlemore's "Behind the Words" book and picked up something I noticed but never commented on. CMJA's speech slipped into her normal slang when she was caught off guard or was upset. For instance she used "grand" for "thousand", "****" for "semen", "shotgun" for "passenger" also she gave statements like "he is full of crap" a word she used often. And many numerous "yeah right" instead of "yes". She picked up a lot of big five syllable words and worked them into her conversations when she wanted to impress but it was not her normal speech patterns. Check out any of her interviews with police or her recorded conversations. Also Whittlemore commented on the penis picture that CMJA and Nurmi tried to pass off as Travis's. Even she said she checked out old Daryll's hands. No way was the hand hold the organ Travis's. She wondered why prosecution didn't bring that out. I wonder too, hope Juan tells us why in his new book.

So much of this case was withheld from jurors and the public because Nurmi and DT had it sealed and kept from the trial. I understand some evidence can be too prejudicial, but since CMJA and team lied so much about Travis and fabricated so much evidence, I think the prosecution should have been allowed some latitude in the other prejudicial evidence against her.:maddening:

Another thing that is along those lines is her real voice vs. her practiced voice. All during testimony she had that little girl voice, sounded so soft-spoken then as well as in media interviews before, during and after trial, even when riled during cross she held the volume of her voice in check remarkably well. But when she gave her statement to the judge at sentencing her voice boomed loud and clear, full of hatred and venom. I think she actually forgot for those few moments that she was speaking in front of those who had heard her practiced voice for so many months. IOW, I do not think she meant to lose that level of control at that time; it just happened that for those moments animosity toward the Alexanders and Martinez et al. got the best of her.

IMO, the Judge was not very confident in her work and decisions. I also felt she was intimidated and scared of the inmate and defense team with their cockiness. That is why there were some strange rulings all in favor of the felon. Yes, the felon will,have a hard time saying she had an unfair trial, but it was not fair for TA and his family.

I actually have forgotten the female defense lawyers name, sorry. Is she still a dedense attorney hired to defend the criminals, or is dhe now in privatre practice nly. She has been very very quiet, not making waves like KN. I wonder is the felon tries to contact her still.

And what about Maria? Is she still working with defendents? I wonder why no charges were brought on her....maybe JM book will give some in sight.

Another thing that is along those lines is her real voice vs. her practiced voice. All during testimony she had that little girl voice, sounded so soft-spoken then as well as in media interviews before, during and after trial, even when riled during cross she held the volume of her voice in check remarkably well. But when she gave her statement to the judge at sentencing her voice boomed loud and clear, full of hatred and venom. I think she actually forgot for those few moments that she was speaking in front of those who had heard her practiced voice for so many months. IOW, I do not think she meant to lose that level of control at that time; it just happened that for those moments animosity toward the Alexanders and Martinez et al. got the best of her.

I remember her lawyers did not want her to speak. Of course noome saids no to the felon. She got so mad she slipped up and talked about the killing....and one of ferbattornies told her when she finished.....either the felon siad something or reacted, like to say 'oh, i screwed up'...she did not mean to slip,up, but she wanted to be heatd. That just confirmed to me even more she was guilty as he//.

I think Martinez knew she couldn't resist another twist of her knife and planned the whole thing about TA's family hoping he was dead when she slit his throat. He laid a trap, I think. We will find out in a few days.

I watched "Murder Made Me Famous" again this afternoon. For the most part I could stomach it even with some of the important aspects of the case glossed over and the opinions of some authorities and others close to the case stated as fact. What made the bile rise, though, was Zervakos. I just cannot listen to him spewing on how Jodi was perfectly normal until Travis wrecked her life. That Z is given any airtime at all, in any venue, is just plain nauseating.

Yes, Jodi's vocabulary was always "off". She used long words slightly incorrectly most of the time, and extremely incorrectly some of the time. Plus, her usage was "studied": she worked hard at rewriting over and over so she could lard up her journals and emails. Her texts didn't sound like her journals at all. (I'll bet TA was pretty consistent.) Jodi also used phrases she got from Barbara Cartland novels: pseudo Victorian romances. Of course, the real literature—Victorian and before—had no tolerance for women like Jodi with "loose" morals.

Which reminds me....didn't Jodi in one of those text message upthread confuse "ravish" with "ravage"?

Jodi's word sprinkling shows just how superficial and dishonest she is. I have experienced a very cute version of that trick. I once taught some young, disadvantaged, Sri Lankan women. They were very bright. They figured out how to game the English entrance exam for the university they pretty much had to get into. They would sprinkle big words into their essays, because the examiner gave extra points for big words, without paying attention to whether they were being used correctly. When I found out about it a bit later, I thought all this was adorable and had no problem supporting my students' mission, since I was all for them getting into university. After the exam, a young woman with a name as long as this posting box is wide and whose family had lost everything in the tsunami, came to me and said, "Ma'am....I put some big words in my essay so I could pass the exam". (Indulgent smirk from Rickshaw Fan). Ma'am, I put in the word "intoxicated." Ma'am, what does "intoxicated" mean?" :happydance: Another indulgent smirk. Rickshaw Fan: "You of the endless name who are one day going to get a Ph.D. and make me proud even though you can't imagine it yet, "intoxicated is when you have drunk too much......." "Nooo, ma'am!" [This sounded like the rush of a train, LMAO!) "........alcohol." Evidently, though she was 22 or so, alcohol was not something you discussed in polite society in her country. I think maybe the word had never left her lips. Certainly her parents had never mentioned it. Quick thinking: I told her "intoxicated is also when you stick your whole face into a rose and breathe in." :happydance: Sri Lankans love roses. By the way, 6 years later, this young woman is a teacher at a prestigious bilingual Sinhala/English school a world away in Dubai.

Now that I'm really off-topic.... All of the pleasure I got from that young Sri Lankan :loveyou: makes me detest the vile creature at PV :jail: so much the more for her language rip-offs.

I remember her lawyers did not want her to speak. Of course noome saids no to the felon. She got so mad she slipped up and talked about the killing....and one of ferbattornies told her when she finished.....either the felon siad something or reacted, like to say 'oh, i screwed up'...she did not mean to slip,up, but she wanted to be heatd. That just confirmed to me even more she was guilty as he//.

Do you remember where exactly that was in the trial?

Do you remember where exactly that was in the trial?
My memory is not as good as it used to be, but IIRC, that was right after her sentencing by JSS. I'll see if I can find something.

ETA: The sentencing date was April 13, 2015. Here is a video, and Jodi starts talking at about the 56:00 mark. I am so tired I can't watch her right now, but I think it was during this little speech she gave the judge.
[video=youtube;wWXdKIwkJ7Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWXdKIwkJ7Q[/video]

Sent from Wonderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members