State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-6-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute!! You mean, no sign Cassidy was over-dosed on Tylenol or cold medicine or whatever magic potion some believe Jason gave to her to put her blissfully to sleep for hours on end only to awaken at the exact moment her aunt arrived so that she could helpfully announce within earshot of the 911 operator: "Daddy Did It."

Does the prosecutor really think all 12 jurors are that gulllible? Sheesh!

JMO

You don't have to overdose a child to give it enough to sleep for a long period of time if you're a pharmaceutical salesman and know how/how well it works. Why wouldn't she wake up when Meredith arrived? Toddlers babble, the prosecution just got lucky with what she said.

Let's hope the jurors have some common sense and ability to reason, because if they do, he'll be found guilty.

I didn't hear the tape today. Did MF say this on the tape or did she say it to the court?

Of course, the defense can question her about it either way. I wonder if they will also bring in an expert for a voice analysis of the entire tape.

JMO

It was on the 911 call, you can hear it along with "daddy did it". I don't understand why it intrigues several posters that when Meredith asked her if someone was in the house she replied to the affirmative. After all, Michelle didn't commit suicide and Cassidy didn't kill her. Meredith already knew the answer to the question. It's too bad that Meredith didn't hear everything Cassidy was saying or she might have gotten more information on what Jason did that night.

What's the point of a voice analysis of the tape? Although I think we all know. Same song, different day. :floorlaugh:

Wait a minute!! You mean, no sign Cassidy was over-dosed on Tylenol or cold medicine or whatever magic potion some believe Jason gave to her to put her blissfully to sleep for hours on end only to awaken at the exact moment her aunt arrived so that she could helpfully announce within earshot of the 911 operator: "Daddy Did It."

Does the prosecutor really think all 12 jurors are that gulllible? Sheesh!

JMO

Well I'm that gullible. I believe every word that Meredith, Cassidy, and most everybody else on the pros. side says.

On tape.

They had to go a little out of order, as the EMT witness was from out of town, and they wanted to get his testimony out of the way.

I remember listening to the tape as if it were yesterday, it was so mind boggling.

It was one of our Dear and dedicated posters who did clear up the sound on the tape so it was 'forensically clear' and easier to make out what was said. I had it on my 'puter for years. I don't know if she sent it to LE but I think she did. The 'Daddy did it' was plainly heard.

This was all new at that time and so we had no reference point for it and were stunned to hear what was on the tape. We thought of it as we did Laci and Connor being washed ashore ~ by Divine Intervention.

I hope they turn the volume up in court to make sure every word is heard clearly. xox

Lol, I hope not, My Belle.

Not only does Cassidy wake up from no signs of being drugged or anything else, the responder says she is fine.....

Wait until we get to the next responder, Earp, his testimony will be interesting as well...!! :wink:

Personally, I find it all interesting. Let's hope Jason will take the stand and try those crocodile tears again. I'm wondering if he pulled a nose hair to get them to appear last time. He did have his fingers on/around his nose then. :twocents:

I remember listening to the tape as if it were yesterday, it was so mind boggling.

It was one of our Dear and dedicated posters who did clear up the sound on the tape so it was 'forensically clear' and easier to make out was said. I had it on my 'puter for years. I don't know if she sent it to LE but I think she did. The 'Daddy did it' was plainly heard.

This was all new at that time and so we had no reference point for it and were stunned to hear what was on the tape. We thought of it as we did Laci and Connor being washed ashore ~ by Divine Intervention.

I hope they turn the volume up in court to make sure every word is heard clearly. xox

I hope they replay it. Perhaps MaBelle is correct, a voice analysis would be great, maybe they could pin point everything Cassidy was saying. Then the jurors could have it in their transcripts when they deliberate. You open one door, you get to open another. :doorhide:

Well I'm that gullible. I believe every word that Meredith, Cassidy, and most everybody else on the pros. side says.

It's easy to believe the truth.

I hope that this time around they figure out how to bring in the testimony of the daycare teachers who heard/saw Cassidy demonstrating how Jason murdered Michelle with dolls.

It's easy to believe the truth.

I hope that this time around they figure out how to bring in the testimony of the daycare teachers who heard/saw Cassidy demonstrating how Jason murdered Michelle with dolls.

OMG, I had not heard about that. Was that brought out in the last trial? I was between this one and the CA trial in FL and must have missed it. That, like Cassidy in the tape, is huge.

I just wanted to thank those who are posting about what went on in court today. I am unable to view the testimony or access WS at work so it's great to come home and get caught up.

And Wyn, I just have to say, your posts are great!! Keep up the good work!! You cut through the BS and tell it like it is!! I love it!

Interesting news I just confirmed...

JLY's testimony at the first trial can and will be brought in during the state's case in chief. Yep, every single word will be brought out and every single inconsistency and outright lie will be exposed.

OMG, I had not heard about that. Was that brought out in the last trial? I was between this one and the CA trial in FL and must have missed it. That, like Cassidy in the tape, is huge.

No, I'm pretty sure it wasn't brought out in the last trial. Maybe the defense was able to squash it? If I remember correctly, Cassidy did this within a few days of the murder and the daycare called the sheriff's department.

Interesting news I just confirmed...

JLY's testimony at the first trial can and will be brought in during the state's case in chief. Yep, every single word will be brought out and every single inconsistency and outright lie will be exposed.

EXCELLENT news, JTF. :great:

Just like Brad Cooper...remember his deposition shown on the screen and all the lies exposed?

sorry if this has been asked and answered, but is there a link where I can watch the opening from today?

Thanks!

Mel

I didn't....but, it is senseless to argue over.
The state admitted there were no alterations or deletions to the tape, as we were previously told.
We were told Cassidy's words were covered with white noise, a decision that was supposedly made in closed chambers.
Now, we know that is untrue.
The tape is in evidence as well as the transcript.
For the first time, I heard MF say that CY said "someone was in the house".
I never heard or knew that before.
That will go into the transcript, as they were MF's words on the tape.
That is what I am taking from today.

IMO

You are quite right. <modsnip> that all sorts of modifications had been made to the tape based on closed door hearings. We know that isn't true, as the original tape as played in court. I think the defense described it best in their opening statements: "internet vigilantes".

I think it's fair to assume that if the information is not publicly accessible to everyone, it may not be true.

You are quite right. <modsnip> that all sorts of modifications had been made to the tape based on closed door hearings. We know that isn't true, as the original tape as played in court. I think the defense described it best in their opening statements: "internet vigilantes".

I think it's fair to assume that if the information is not publicly accessible to everyone, it may not be true.

<modsnip>

EVERY singe word CY uttered was removed from the transcript and recording.

Rest assured that was not the wishes of the state.

Just catching up on opening statements. I didn't know that JY had told Michelle that everything would be fine if he could just have a girlfriend on the side. He really is a piece of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat