The Murder of Janet Abaroa #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
misterallgood said:
I learned a new word the other day --

Uxoricide.

"Uxoricide" is also the title of my latest blog entry, which you can read if you click the word.

WOW!
I've got a suggestion for your next title . . .
are you familar with Papa Roach?
So many times as I'm reading, this song just keeps going through my head . .

Getting Away with Murder
I feel irrational, so confrontational
To tell the truth I am getting away with murder
It is impossible to never tell the truth
But the reality is I'm getting away with murder

The song lyrics I keep humming are from John Mellencamp:
" And the walls come tumbling down, and the walls come tumbling, tumbling down." From " Little Pink Houses"

golfmom said:
WOW!
I've got a suggestion for your next title . . .
are you familar with Papa Roach?
So many times as I'm reading, this song just keeps going through my head . .

Getting Away with Murder
I feel irrational, so confrontational
To tell the truth I am getting away with murder
It is impossible to never tell the truth
But the reality is I'm getting away with murder

Yes, it has been commented that maybe he could have someone do her in, but we still haven't been able to figure out where he would get the money. Do you actually think that $9,000 would be enough for a job? And the way he seemed to go through money, do you think that he could have held onto that sum of money for that long? And if he did, wouldn't it have been taken away when the embezzelment was discovered?
NCBanker said:
As we've said before in this saga, perhaps he had someone do her in, based on his fear of losing the baby, or her testifying against him, or both.

Jenifred said:
Yes, it has been commented that maybe he could have someone do her in, but we still haven't been able to figure out where he would get the money. Do you actually think that $9,000 would be enough for a job? And the way he seemed to go through money, do you think that he could have held onto that sum of money for that long? And if he did, wouldn't it have been taken away when the embezzelment was discovered?
Maybe he didn't pay someone in money, but maybe in a return favor... such as you kill my wife, and I'll kill yours?

Indicating that there were 2 homicidal psychopaths who trusted each other enough to do this? What are the chances? I used to think people would commit a crime and expect the OTHER person to do the same, but I don't think two people would trust each other with that sort of thing. Also, where is the other murdered wife or person from that time period? I see this as a true crime of passion. Multiple stab wounds are up close and personal. Not a hired or traded hit. A gun would have been used to take her out if a hit was behind this.
Just my opinion and not to be argumentative.. I used to think other murders were favor type hits, then it was pointed out to me that people who kill usually don't trust at all.

PrayersForMaura said:
Maybe he didn't pay someone in money, but maybe in a return favor... such as you kill my wife, and I'll kill yours?

I've known of people being hired for murder less than $1000: a case back in the 90's, the Billy White murder. His wife paid a guy $300 to knock her husband off. Later on it came out that she had also killed Billy's 4 year old son (from a previous marriage - she strangled him to death), plus she killed her previous husband as well. I digress.

If you'll recall, a check was listed as part of the items taken in the search and seizure. The check was for an est. $1300 made out to Matrix Capital. Perhaps the check hadn't been sent because he used that money to pay a hit man. I know that's a bit of a stretch. I agree that normal hits are done with a gun, not a knife. That was more personal.

Thinkoflaura said:
Indicating that there were 2 homicidal psychopaths who trusted each other enough to do this? What are the chances? I used to think people would commit a crime and expect the OTHER person to do the same, but I don't think two people would trust each other with that sort of thing. Also, where is the other murdered wife or person from that time period? I see this as a true crime of passion. Multiple stab wounds are up close and personal. Not a hired or traded hit. A gun would have been used to take her out if a hit was behind this.
Just my opinion and not to be argumentative.. I used to think other murders were favor type hits, then it was pointed out to me that people who kill usually don't trust at all.

misterallgood said:
It's pretty clear -- opened the account April 19.

Updated April 25th, the night before Janet was murdered.

Only logged in since then, and last I looked that was May 3rd.

...i know i read this last nite by someone....but will just re-post rather than dig for it ...

................last log-in,yesterday.. may 22/05...when he added the 2 new friends..arthur and lisa...
Raven
clear.gif

Male
25 years old

DURHAM, NORTH CAROLINA
United States
clear.gif

Last Login: 05/22/2005

lauriej said:
...i know i read this last nite by someone....but will just re-post rather than dig for it ...

................last log-in,yesterday.. may 22/05...when he added the 2 new friends..arthur and lisa...
Raven[url="http://n00092.myspace.com/00092/35/38/92038353_m.jpg"]http://n00092.myspace.com/00092/35/38/92038353_m.jpg[/url]

Male
25 years old

DURHAM, NORTH CAROLINA
United States

Last Login: 05/22/2005
............to update my own post.............about 5 minutes after seeing that raven's last log-in on myspace was may 22.........he was then logged in ( about 1 a.m. EST) so his profile now shows last logged in as may 23/05...

...(he doesn't appear to have posted/made any changes.....)

...the ? still is, why does he have computer access? why didn't LE confiscate his computer(s) in the warrant ?

...if he's NOT a POI, why on earth wouldn't he be the 1st one to be demanding answers/action/coverage on his wife's murder?

NCBanker said:
I wanted to comment on the embezzlement issue that was discussed a little earlier today. I have no information to back this up, but my strong hunch is that Raven was embezzling and Janet knew about it and said nothing about it. That's why she was let go - because she covered it up. Again - this is my opinion.

If my notion is true, you really can't blame her for not saying anything. Most spouses wouldn't. It's a tricky dilemma.

As we've said before in this saga, perhaps he had someone do her in, based on his fear of losing the baby, or her testifying against him, or both.
NCBanker,

I wanted to take my time and think about this issue before responding. Quite frankly I'm surprised your gut is telling you that Janet was aware of the embezzlement, because mine is telling me otherwise.

Consider, Raven on his website opined about his poor business decisions are causing him to *start over*. We know that he and Janet clashed on purchasing a house and the money tied up in his VX. These are just the ones we know of. As of Dec. he posted that he needed to find a way to get additional money so he could keep his truck. I bet he was putting off the selling of his toys (computers, TV, trucks, motorcycles, mountain bikes, snowboards) I don't think that he would want Janet to know where any extra cash was coming from. I think he made up his mind that he was justified in taking the money from his employer. Why would he consult her and let her know what he was doing? It doesn't make any sense.

I think after the $hit hit the fan, he pulled out some song and dance on how he was a victim and it was just a big misunderstanding, or they were out to get him. Perhaps initially she backed him up, but eventually ... as the walls came tumbling down ... she discovered his true deceit. After that, it was just a matter of time before Raven decided to *start over* by cleaning the slate.

http://encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com/Embezzlement

Embezzlement is the fraudulent appropriation of property by a person to whom it has been entrusted. For instance, a clerk or cashier can embezzle money from his employer; a public office can embezzle funds from the treasury.

Embezzlement differs from larceny. In larceny, the perpetrator wrongfully takes property from another's possession by fraud or stealth. In embezzlement, the property is already in the wrongdoer's possession, because it is entrusted to him for some purpose not his own; in embezzling, he appropriates it for his own use.

Embezzlement may range from the very minor, involving a few dollars, to immense, involving millions of dollars and very sophisticated schemes.

Embezzlement usually involves falsifying records in order to conceal the theft. Embezzlers commonly steal relatively small amounts repeatedly over a long period of time, although some embezzlers steal one large sum at one time. Some very successful embezzlement schemes have continued for many years before being detected due to the skill of the embezzler in concealing the nature of the transactions.

golfmom said:
http://encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com/Embezzlement
In embezzlement, the property is already in the wrongdoer's possession, because it is entrusted to him for some purpose not his own; in embezzling, he appropriates it for his own use.

Embezzlement usually involves falsifying records in order to conceal the theft. Embezzlers commonly steal relatively small amounts repeatedly over a long period of time, although some embezzlers steal one large sum at one time. Some very successful embezzlement schemes have continued for many years before being detected due to the skill of the embezzler in concealing the nature of the transactions.

I think this description proves the point Mr. A makes in his latest blog entry (great article, by the way). From the description of an embezzeler above, I get the sense that it takes a real egocentric personality to have the guts to walk in to work each day and know that he's stealing from them. He may have even enjoyed the idea.
Which is why I am a bit confused as to why he isn't on the news pleading for help to find the real killer. I mean, you'd think he'd enjoy the publicity and attention. (though NC banker did make the point yesterday that perhaps he isn't because his lawyer is smarter than that.).

anneshirley said:
Which is why I am a bit confused as to why he isn't on the news pleading for help to find the real killer. I mean, you'd think he'd enjoy the publicity and attention. (though NC banker did make the point yesterday that perhaps he isn't because his lawyer is smarter than that.).
Why is the media so silent? Would someone explain why it would it be bad for Raven to get out and plead for help? Why would a lawyer want to gag an "innocent" client?

anneshirley said:
I think this description proves the point Mr. A makes in his latest blog entry (great article, by the way). From the description of an embezzeler above, I get the sense that it takes a real egocentric personality to have the guts to walk in to work each day and know that he's stealing from them. He may have even enjoyed the idea.

The description really does fit hand/glove to Mr.AG's entry yesterday. But another reason why I posted, is to show how much of it doesn't fit Janet. I just can't see her being complicit with Raven in stealing from their employer. Another point NCBanker made was that Janet could have covered up because Raven was the bread-winner ... and again, that just doesn't work for me. By all accounts, Janet had a large and loving family, she could have easily asked her family for help ... and I think Raven knew that. She didn't need him! If one of my daughter's was in a similar situation where her husband was facing felony charges, I would move heaven and earth to do whatever I could to make sure that my daughter and grandchild were safe.

Jenifred said:
Am I making too much of a deal out of the fact that he's got dogs? He mentions two dogs here and on the Christmas 2003/Trailer Park page you see pictures of a huge husky (breed?). My thinking is that if there was an intruder the night Janet was murdered, the dogs would have been barking, and barking enough that neighbors (if close enough) would have heard a racket. Are they that far away from neighbors that no one would have noticed that kind of thing? Any one think of this?

GolfMom, where did you find that quote?

Jenifred, I am so sorry I didn't see this post earlier! I really should have posted the link.
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?p=51209#post51209
I've found a number of posts by Raven that made me go :waitasec:
His name on that board is NC_VX.
Again, I am so sorry! The dog(s) issue is one that's bothering me too.

Jenifred said:
Why is the media so silent? Would someone explain why it would it be bad for Raven to get out and plead for help? Why would a lawyer want to gag an "innocent" client?
Could it just be that they (the media) don't have many facts at all? I mean, it's obvious that people certainly have their opinions as to what happened, but I don't know how much of it is based on what LE knows. If LE isn't talking, then there's only speculation. In the Hacking and Peterson cases, LE was at least giving out some details that the media could latch onto and report from. In this case, there's not much.

I do know that her family is specifically asking to be left alone by the media. Perhaps, like Janet, they are quiet and reserved and would just rather deal with their loss.

anneshirley said:
Could it just be that they (the media) don't have many facts at all? I mean, it's obvious that people certainly have their opinions as to what happened, but I don't know how much of it is based on what LE knows. If LE isn't talking, then there's only speculation. In the Hacking and Peterson cases, LE was at least giving out some details that the media could latch onto and report from. In this case, there's not much.

I do know that her family is specifically asking to be left alone by the media. Perhaps, like Janet, they are quiet and reserved and would just rather deal with their loss.

Anneshirley, when Greta featured this case she interviewed a local reporter and he said that normally he can at least get "off the record" info from sources in LE ... However, in this case he can't even get that. He said that LE has been extremely tight-lipped.

For me it speaks volumes that Janet's family is not speaking to the media. I'm thinking LE has specifically requested that her family not speak. :silenced:

:snooty: But, what exactly is it speaking that Raven's not speaking to the media?
That's the headscratcher .... :waitasec:

golfmom said:
The description really does fit hand/glove to Mr.AG's entry yesterday. But another reason why I posted, is to show how much of it doesn't fit Janet. I just can't see her being complicit with Raven in stealing from their employer. Another point NCBanker made was that Janet could have covered up because Raven was the bread-winner ... and again, that just doesn't work for me. By all accounts, Janet had a large and loving family, she could have easily asked her family for help ... and I think Raven knew that. She didn't need him! If one of my daughter's was in a similar situation where her husband was facing felony charges, I would move heaven and earth to do whatever I could to make sure that my daughter and grandchild were safe.
I agree with you and it certainly does seem that her family was supportive and would have been able to help. Perhaps, though, she didn't want to go to them for help. I mean, there is a certain sense of embarrassment in having to go to your family and telling them that the man you married not only cheats on you, but is also stealing from his work,AND, that as a family, you can't pay your rent because your husband makes poor financial decisions (buying a VX and other toys). I not saying that that is what happened, but I would think that it's a possibility.

anneshirley said:
I agree with you and it certainly does seem that her family was supportive and would have been able to help. Perhaps, though, she didn't want to go to them for help. I mean, there is a certain sense of embarrassment in having to go to your family and telling them that the man you married not only cheats on you, but is also stealing from his work,AND, that as a family, you can't pay your rent because your husband makes poor financial decisions (buying a VX and other toys). I not saying that that is what happened, but I would think that it's a possibility.

I so agree with you, but what if ...

Janet finally had it and announced to Raven that she was going to call her family and get the heck out of there ... that she had it with his nonsense! He might have been *motivated* to not have her make that call.

golfmom said:
I so agree with you, but what if ...

Janet finally had it and announced to Raven that she was going to call her family and get the heck out of there ... that she had it with his nonsense! He might have been *motivated* to not have her make that call.
I agree. Interestingly enough, that's what we initially thought when we heard that Janet was murdered.

anneshirley said:
I agree. Interestingly enough, that's what we initially thought when we heard that Janet was murdered.

What I find interesting is that you(we) (folks that actually knew Janet, Raven) had that as your first thought! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member