Theories #1: What Happened to Jennifer Kesse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still come back to the laborers. She felt uncomfortable around them and there are reports on a rental leasing site that some of them "entered apts" for robberies and such.
I think they abducted her.
I
Saw the documentary on discover ID yesterday and am very interested in this story. I lean toward (1) <modsnip>(2) abduction/human trafficing. If it were a spur of the moment crime of opportunity (rape and/or murder) I wouldn't think the suspect would go through the trouble of dumping the car a mile away and I'd think by now they'd find a body.

I'm interested to know why they think she was abducted or murdered in the morning on the way to work. She was last heard from at 10p. Who's to say the person responsible wasn't in the condo that night and went into action sometime after 10p then staged the scene to make it look like the was still alive in the morning ( laying out clothing, dampening the bath towel, etc.) ? <modsnip> Do we know for a FACT the POI /in the video is the guy/gal that dropped the car off or could this be some random person that just happened to be walking in the area ? Does the video show this person getting out of the car ? I don't recall from the show.

I'm reminded of the McStay case. Everyone had these wild theories about abduction and cartels. It turned out to be someone close to the victim as it almost always does.

Welcome to Websleuths and to this discussion, we are happy to bring another voice and opinion to this topic. As for the prior brainstorming that leads most to the Morning abduction, including now myself is a few factors.. which are subject to change.
A.)No verification on the phones being turned off at night by LE.
B.)Briefcase missing and high heel shoes she just bought were gone to.
C.)Mom stated that she took showers in the morning.
D.)If she took a shower at night, it would not have been wet by 3pm when Logan arrived.
Again, all subjective.. As for the POI, yes there is video of him parking the vehicle and walking into frame.
[video=youtube;IUwhUPGXeUE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUwhUPGXeUE[/video]
If you would like to learn more, feel free to ask here.. or visit
http://jenniferkesse.com/
Also, I would strongly suggest to listen to the ongoing podcast &#8220;Unconcluded&#8221; which has shed light on falsehoods and truths with interviews with the mom as well..
http://unconcluded.libsyn.com/
Happy Sleuthing..

When you see the POI, you think immediately in one worker, like painter, but anothers jobs can use ce type of costume, I found one page "dickiesstore.co.uk" where you can find the same overall who wear the POI, that is very used for working in any kind of laboratory. For me, it is very odd to bring the car to the place where the POI parked, so near the Mosaic, in my opinion, makes more sense if the POI is one person who knew what he/she did parking the car there and wearing this costume, he o she disguised him or herself like a worker/painter for giving the idea that the responsible of Jennifer' s disappearance was one worker of Jennifer' s Condo, and probably related to the world of drugs, for the place where he or she parked, and that is work, because a lot of people think that the POI is a worker who kidnapped Jennifer, other people, like Jennifer' s father, think that probably she was kidnapped for traficking in women...

When you see the POI, you think immediately in one worker, like painter, but anothers jobs can use ce type of costume, I found one page "dickiesstore.co.uk" where you can find the same overall who wear the POI, that is very used for working in any kind of laboratory. For me, it is very odd to bring the car to the place where the POI parked, so near the Mosaic, in my opinion, makes more sense if the POI is one person who knew what he/she did parking the car there and wearing this costume, he o she disguised him or herself like a worker/painter for giving the idea that the responsible of Jennifer' s disappearance was one worker of Jennifer' s Condo, and probably related to the world of drugs, for the place where he or she parked, and that is work, because a lot of people think that the POI is a worker who kidnapped Jennifer, other people, like Jennifer' s father, think that probably she was kidnapped for traficking in women...

A disguise? A good theory, but I think more to fit in at Jennifer's condo complex than to park the car. If so, then definitely an abduction planned in advance and not opportunistic. (I'm not entirely sold one or another on whether it was planned in advance or it was a crime of opportunity by the abductor.)

I go back to, if it was a planned abduction, then how did they know Jennifer would be driving in that morning? She left on her trip on the previous Thursday and I wonder if any of the few occupants noticed anyone suspicious on Thursday, Friday and the following Monday morning if the abductor was not aware of her trip and the dates. Supposedly (that's a big question mark) LE interviewed the workers at the complex and evidently none of them mentioned a new worker in the area prior to Tuesday morning - one who was not there after Tuesday.

A disguise? A good theory, but I think more to fit in at Jennifer's condo complex than to park the car. If so, then definitely an abduction planned in advance and not opportunistic. (I'm not entirely sold one or another on whether it was planned in advance or it was a crime of opportunity by the abductor.)

I go back to, if it was a planned abduction, then how did they know Jennifer would be driving in that morning? She left on her trip on the previous Thursday and I wonder if any of the few occupants noticed anyone suspicious on Thursday, Friday and the following Monday morning if the abductor was not aware of her trip and the dates. Supposedly (that's a big question mark) LE interviewed the workers at the complex and evidently none of them mentioned a new worker in the area prior to Tuesday morning - one who was not there after Tuesday.
There is only one group of people who would know her plans and the details of returning home. They spent the weekend at her place.

I don't find it plausible a worker could have found that information and planned an abduction.

There is only one group of people who would know her plans and the details of returning home. They spent the weekend at her place.

I don't find it plausible a worker could have found that information and planned an abduction.

Or someone at work. In any event, I don't envision a long list of who knew the details.

I do not think the abduction was planned, but the person knew Jennifer' s agenda, after that, in my opinion, all the things after the abduction were planned, probably the person who kipnapped Jennifer did not want to do what he did, probably murder Jennifer, but the circumstances obliged him to do it, then he planned what to do after the probably murder, he could ask for help to one person to park the car in that place where the park was for giving the idea, that the POI was related with the world of drugs, etc.

Yes a disguise, in my opinion, for being a worker, a painter, the costume is very clean, very white, it looks like very new, not spots at all in it...

Yes a disguise, in my opinion, for being a worker, a painter, the costume is very clean, very white, it looks like very new, not spots at all in it...

IMO I think a disguise is far-fetched. A disguise would indicate a higher sense of awareness, and planning than what appears to have occurred. Everything indicates lack of planning..Parking in broad daylight, unbeknownst he was caught on camera.

The camera is color blind, so almost any color will look white.

IMO I think a disguise is far-fetched. A disguise would indicate a higher sense of awareness, and planning than what appears to have occurred. Everything indicates lack of planning..Parking in broad daylight, unbeknownst he was caught on camera.

The camera is color blind, so almost any color will look white.

Even like that, for me, the costume in the camera looks like to much "perfect", not the same as a working using it everyday...

Unconcluded is a very well done, thoughtful podcast. Thanks for the heads up.

Welcome to Websleuths and to this discussion, we are happy to bring another voice and opinion to this topic. As for the prior brainstorming that leads most to the Morning abduction, including now myself is a few factors.. which are subject to change.
A.)No verification on the phones being turned off at night by LE.
B.)Briefcase missing and high heel shoes she just bought were gone to.
C.)Mom stated that she took showers in the morning.
D.)If she took a shower at night, it would not have been wet by 3pm when Logan arrived.
Again, all subjective.. As for the POI, yes there is video of him parking the vehicle and walking into frame.
[video=youtube;IUwhUPGXeUE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUwhUPGXeUE[/video]
If you would like to learn more, feel free to ask here.. or visit
http://jenniferkesse.com/
Also, I would strongly suggest to listen to the ongoing podcast &#8220;Unconcluded&#8221; which has shed light on falsehoods and truths with interviews with the mom as well..
http://unconcluded.libsyn.com/
Happy Sleuthing..

Unconcluded is a very well done, thoughtful podcast. Thanks for the heads up.

Agree, the Unconcluded podcast is a great resource. I believe that the woman who worked at that apartment complex did see and speak with JK. Possible that JK was feeling scared about a situation(s) that happened at her condo, and she may have been scared enough to try to move. I do not believe in the other sightings as much, but the sighting in that apartment complex, I think was JK. One thing though : IF JK was that scared, why wouldn't she share her feelings with her BF or parents, brother ? Did she not want to seem as though she couldn't handle whatever the situation was by herself ?

Agree, the Unconcluded podcast is a great resource. I believe that the woman who worked at that apartment complex did see and speak with JK. Possible that JK was feeling scared about a situation(s) that happened at her condo, and she may have been scared enough to try to move. I do not believe in the other sightings as much, but the sighting in that apartment complex, I think was JK. One thing though : IF JK was that scared, why wouldn't she share her feelings with her BF or parents, brother ? Did she not want to seem as though she couldn't handle whatever the situation was by herself ?

I believe Erica at the Northbridge Apartments as well....Jennifer told Rob she was either in bed or going to go to bed the last time that they talked.....Erica said the woman was wearing sweat pants and a tank top...But, I cannot imagine why she would be looking for an apartment.....Had something happened at the Mosaic that frightened her?

Glad you liked the podcast. I thought it was really well done, too.

That's an interesting question about why she didn't express her concerns more to her family. I think she did express concerns, but she may not have been sure, herself, of what she was feeling.

I've been Jennifer Kesse, in that I've been single, and lived in neighborhoods that weren't the safest ( I think that's why I relate so much to this case); what I imagine is that if Kesse had not gone missing, she might have been out of that complex within a year or so. But she wasn't just renting, she owned. And that can be a problem. In addition to whatever she paid down, there were closing costs, plus, would she be able to sell well enough to cover her loan.

She had only been living at Mosaic for 3 months, so she just may have been on the fence about what to do. I think there is a tendency to imagine that things will get better.

Glad you liked the podcast. I thought it was really well done, too.

That's an interesting question about why she didn't express her concerns more to her family. I think she did express concerns, but she may not have been sure, herself, of what she was feeling.

I've been Jennifer Kesse, in that I've been single, and lived in neighborhoods that weren't the safest ( I think that's why I relate so much to this case); what I imagine is that if Kesse had not gone missing, she might have been out of that complex within a year or so. But she wasn't just renting, she owned. And that can be a problem. In addition to whatever she paid down, there were closing costs, plus, would she be able to sell well enough to cover her loan.

She had only been living at Mosaic for 3 months, so she just may have been on the fence about what to do. I think there is a tendency to imagine that things will get better.

She could have maybe rented out her condo, and thus moved. And she actually DID express her unease about the workers to people. I had read that they would cat call her, and yell inappropriate comments. And when JK's mother went to the condo after her daughter's disappearance, she also said she felt uneasy because of the way the workers looked at her. Add to this the fact that there were many vacant units, and workers who sometimes lived temporarily in those units...JK was a sitting duck, jmo. I did note too that LE did NOT get to interview all of the workers, because many left the area...Did LE not have names of these workers ? It sounds appalling. jmo Did LE finally clear JK's BF, brother's friends, ex BF, and colleague ?

<modsnip>

It is my belief that OPD and probably the Kesse's know who abducted Jennifer as there are at least four seconds missing of the POI parking Jennifer's car.....The video that was released is useless, why on earth would OPD want to hold onto that and not release it for 17 months after it was discovered? The POI's own mother would not recognize him in the video.....Apparently what was released was only at the Kesse's insistance.....I believe that OPD withheld some of the video.....OPD and the Kesse's keep saying they just "need that one person with that one piece of evidence to come forward"...I just think that they know who did did this and cannot make an arrest without a body perhaps....

Or, say a stalker. Maybe someone from her gym, or a pub she went to often. Someone who felt she had rejected him, but in reality she hardly knew he existed. Those kind of people will stalk, and stalk, and stalk, until they know a lot about the person. Where she lived wouldn't have been a problem. I just mention this because it seems planned

I should clarify, Ashes.. here is a photo book someone post stills from 48 hours years ago, it has some stills and info that is interesting since we've been spinning our wheels

http://s846.photobucket.com/user/jjkimages/library/?sort=3&page=1
I thought I would just bump this back up . It has great pictures of her condo and placement of items. Notice the police officer in the bathroom mirror is taking one picture.

Voluntarily missing is a remote possibility, but nothing has pointed in that direction from the beginning from what I have seen. That could entail suicide or starting a new life, but I don't see either one of those scenarios being serious options in her case. No indication of her leading a "secret life". Meeting an ex for a drink or even more isn't leading a secret life in my book...as she didn't have a ring on her finger and she wasn't hiding if they met in public somewhere. But we have no proof a meeting took place with the ex-bf.

Anything you have found which could point toward voluntarily missing? Why would a woman with her life happily falling into place and seemingly with no emotional problems suddenly decide to leave or commit suicide?

The voluntarily missing theory is interesting. We have absolutely no evidence that a crime was committed. How do we know the POI is not Jennifer in disguise dumping her car then walking into her new life? Like another guy pointed out, perhaps the vacation and the fact she went missing a day later are related in some odd/bizarre way. There was a guy in NJ recently who came back form a European vacation on a Saturday. Sunday morning he goes for a walk and kills himself. They didn't find his body for I think two weeks later. While he was missing, there were all kinds of theories about him voluntarily vanishing and being sited on the west coast, him being abducted during his walk, etc,etc. I'm not saying JK committed suicide but what bothers me is we're assuming she was killed/abducted when there isn't a shred of evidence to suggest that.

Going voluntary missing for an adult is not illegal. Thus no need for subterfuge. No need for costumes or moving the car . Also no red flags either. She had a close knit family, a job she was promoted at twice, a new place to call her own and a boyfriend she was deeply in love and wanted to marry. None of that screams I want out .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rutaba