Theories #1: What Happened to Jennifer Kesse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree too CanManEh, Also being a shoe manager for about 20 years, I can tell you one thing. If the POI was the height that LE is saying he is, his shoe size would normally be in the 71/2, 8, 8 1/2 range meaning the availability of of getting that size is very limited from any retail store. Most start at 9 or 9 1/2 with the main stock being sizes 10 , 10 1/2 which many painters / construction guys buy from me regardless of it not fitting properly..

Curious though, I read by you CanMan you mentioned Jen's brothers friend Trevor or Travis, did they every recover his phone, or ping it like they did Jen's? If it never got mailed and that was he destination, im curious what the POI did with both phones???

I've followed the Kesse case for a while now and only recently signed up for Websleuths . . . again. Just a few things and I will try to keep it short.

The POI's height--I've heard Mr. Kesse interviewed several times over the years. To this day he still says 5'4" regarding the POI. The website jenniferkesse.com still uses that height as well. So, until they change their mind I'm going to keep thinking the height is 5'4" no matter what the police might have said 6 years ago--I mean, we know how incompetent they've been.

Jennifer's car--I'm convinced a complete "amateur" novice criminal parked her car there because no experienced one with notches on his belt would park an abducted woman's car in an apartment complex at noon on a bright FL day. Truthfully, it's by the grace of God (or the Devil) that he/she wasn't seen by someone or the camera didn't pick up the POI's face. Experienced master criminals/serial killers don't do things as stupid as that if they want to remain uncaught. Whereas this smells of a person who had somewhere to be and ditched the car at the most convenient and closest place.

Theory of the crime--I'll admit: I'm in a minority who believe Jennifer was abducted the night before, not that morning. I know this is going to be so seemingly insignificant but . . . Jennifer's bed was unmade when her parents got to her place that day. I didn't know Jennifer but she seemed to be a young woman with a lot of order and direction in her life. Meaning, she seems like the kind of person who makes her bed in the morning. As I wrote on another site: I'm a 43yo bachelor who works from home and even I make my bed. So, her bed was unmade. Why? I think she got home from work that day and took a snooze because she had to drive from South FL to get to work that morning.

So, she gets up that evening, not making her bed because she figures she'll be getting back into at some point later that night. She talks on the phone to her fiancee, etc. And when she's done, I think she took a shower and went out. Why? Allow me to backtrack a second: I don't think her being gone that weekend and her disappearing when she came back are mutually exclusive--I think one has to do with the other. It's always seemed interesting to me that Jennifer and her fiancee lived apart. That's tough on couples. And Jennfier--let's just say she probably had a lot of suitors. It wouldn't be totally outside the realm of possibility for her to have started something with another guy--co-worker/married man/ex-boyfriend/etc.--because she wasn't sure where her engagement was going since she and her fiancee didn't live close to each other. But, from all that I've read, it sounds like she and her fiancee had a serious talk about their relationship on that vacation. I believe she came back from it resolved to drop whatever man who was on the fringe of her romantic circle. That's where she went that night. This other guy got pissed and did something to her. And let's remember: In the general time of her disappearance from that night to that morning, her ex-bf was only like less than a mile from her apartment. That's one heck of a coincidence. Orlando is a big place . . . and they're within a mile of each other? And let's not forget the statistic: Women are most likely to be raped, assaulted or murdered by a man they know--not a stranger.

Thus, her parents get there that morning, the bed is unmade, the towel is wet--yes it could still be wet from a shower the night before because FL is so humid and things stay wet a lot longer, and her clothes are laid out on her unmade bed because she was in the process of picking out her clothes for the next day before she went out for the night. And she never came back.

The popular theories--I've always rejected the "next morning" scenario because of the car angle. Someone abducts her and takes her own car? Did they force her to drive? If so, why didn't she drive into the nearest telephone pole. The passenger's seat? Why didn't she jump out? Or, did they really try to prop her up and make it look like she was conscious? The backseat? Someone piled her on top of the DVD player? Was her hair or DNA found in the backseat? Not that I know of. The trunk? In broad daylight on a morning when people are going to work somebody sticks a body in the trunk? Once again, was DNA or hair found in the trunk? Not that I know of. Plus, taking her car seems risky--it seems like the worst choice of all choices. That's why I believe she left her complex driving her own car with no one else in the car the night before.

But hey, just an opinion.

I've followed the Kesse case for a while now and only recently signed up for Websleuths . . . again. Just a few things and I will try to keep it short.

The POI's height--I've heard Mr. Kesse interviewed several times over the years. To this day he still says 5'4" regarding the POI. The website jenniferkesse.com still uses that height as well. So, until they change their mind I'm going to keep thinking the height is 5'4" no matter what the police might have said 6 years ago--I mean, we know how incompetent they've been.

Jennifer's car--I'm convinced a complete "amateur" novice criminal parked her car there because no experienced one with notches on his belt would park an abducted woman's car in an apartment complex at noon on a bright FL day. Truthfully, it's by the grace of God (or the Devil) that he/she wasn't seen by someone or the camera didn't pick up the POI's face. Experienced master criminals/serial killers don't do things as stupid as that if they want to remain uncaught. Whereas this smells of a person who had somewhere to be and ditched the car at the most convenient and closest place.

Theory of the crime--I'll admit: I'm in a minority who believe Jennifer was abducted the night before, not that morning. I know this is going to be so seemingly insignificant but . . . Jennifer's bed was unmade when her parents got to her place that day. I didn't know Jennifer but she seemed to be a young woman with a lot of order and direction in her life. Meaning, she seems like the kind of person who makes her bed in the morning. As I wrote on another site: I'm a 43yo bachelor who works from home and even I make my bed. So, her bed was unmade. Why? I think she got home from work that day and took a snooze because she had to drive from South FL to get to work that morning.

So, she gets up that evening, not making her bed because she figures she'll be getting back into at some point later that night. She talks on the phone to her fiancee, etc. And when she's done, I think she took a shower and went out. Why? Allow me to backtrack a second: I don't think her being gone that weekend and her disappearing when she came back are mutually exclusive--I think one has to do with the other. It's always seemed interesting to me that Jennifer and her fiancee lived apart. That's tough on couples. And Jennfier--let's just say she probably had a lot of suitors. It wouldn't be totally outside the realm of possibility for her to have started something with another guy--co-worker/married man/ex-boyfriend/etc.--because she wasn't sure where her engagement was going since she and her fiancee didn't live close to each other. But, from all that I've read, it sounds like she and her fiancee had a serious talk about their relationship on that vacation. I believe she came back from it resolved to drop whatever man who was on the fringe of her romantic circle. That's where she went that night. This other guy got pissed and did something to her. And let's remember: In the general time of her disappearance from that night to that morning, her ex-bf was only like less than a mile from her apartment. That's one heck of a coincidence. Orlando is a big place . . . and they're within a mile of each other? And let's not forget the statistic: Women are most likely to be raped, assaulted or murdered by a man they know--not a stranger.

Thus, her parents get there that morning, the bed is unmade, the towel is wet--yes it could still be wet from a shower the night before because FL is so humid and things stay wet a lot longer, and her clothes are laid out on her unmade bed because she was in the process of picking out her clothes for the next day before she went out for the night. And she never came back.

The popular theories--I've always rejected the "next morning" scenario because of the car angle. Someone abducts her and takes her own car? Did they force her to drive? If so, why didn't she drive into the nearest telephone pole. The passenger's seat? Why didn't she jump out? Or, did they really try to prop her up and make it look like she was conscious? The backseat? Someone piled her on top of the DVD player? Was her hair or DNA found in the backseat? Not that I know of. The trunk? In broad daylight on a morning when people are going to work somebody sticks a body in the trunk? Once again, was DNA or hair found in the trunk? Not that I know of. Plus, taking her car seems risky--it seems like the worst choice of all choices. That's why I believe she left her complex driving her own car with no one else in the car the night before.

But hey, just an opinion.

Welcome (back) to WS :) Just wanted to share my thoughts on your theory.

Regarding the POI ditching her car, at the time the perp parked her car, the public wasn't on the lookout for her yet as no one knew she was missing. It wouldn't have drawn attention at all for a person to park a nondescript car in an apartment complex, where there are people coming and going all the time. As for the cameras, the quality was horrible, which is a shame. The camera that captured the POI parking the car was located by the pool, quite a distance away. You'd think there would be a camera located by the actual lot, especially the visitor's parking spaces, since those are usually located by the management offices and such, but apparently there wasn't or there would be a video from that camera showing a much better picture of the POI. Also, the apartment complex that the car was ditched at was a mile away from Jennifer's condo complex, so it wasn't exactly the "most convenient and closest place". I have to wonder if the POI picked this place for a reason. Did he know that there weren't many cameras here? That the cameras they did have were poor quality? Did he pick that parking spot specifically because he knew there wasn't a camera in that area? It has been speculated that the perp was a maintenance worker of some sort, possibly one of the ones working on Jen's condo complex. Perhaps this POI had worked in these apartments before and was aware of the quantity and quality of the cameras and chose it for that reason.

In regard to your belief that she may have been abducted the night before, please read the below quote from Jennifer's mom:

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0602/07/ng.01.html

JOYCE KESSE: No. As a matter of fact, while we were driving over to Orlando from Bradenton (ph), we had called the condominium complex and asked if they could send some management to check out her condo. Two managers did go over, and her unit was locked. And when we arrived, there was nothing amiss. You know, typical -- typical Jen, if you must know, you know, hurriedly leaving for work, make-up out on the counter, hair dryer, you know, what she wore to bed the night before on the bathroom floor, bed not made, a couple of outfits strewn on her bed, just -- but that`s typical for Jen.

You said that her towel could have still been wet from the night before because of the humidity. I live in Orlando, have all my life, and while it is humid as can be here, she lived in an air conditioned condo. In that setting, a towel can stay wet for a few hours, but not that many. Also, the shower was still wet. It would not be wet from being used the previous night. There was definitely a shower taken and a towel used that morning.

I also wanted to point out that Jennifer was not engaged. She and Rob had been dating for approximately a year when she disappeared. As it was a relatively newer relationship, it isn't odd at all that they were carrying on a long distance relationship. For either one of them, deciding to move 3+ hours away would be a huge step and a decision not made hastily. I haven't seen anything that would make me think that she was wondering about her relationship, and most certainly nothing that would even suggest that she was involved with another man. Yes, long distance relationships can be difficult to maintain. So why put forth the effort to be a part of one if you just want to see someone locally? That doesn't make sense.

I haven't heard much about her ex boyfriend and can't find much by googling it. Do you happen to have any links that could help me out? I know nothing about who he is and about him living a mile away. Thanks in advance.

I'll answer the the question about the ex-bf first. That piece of information came up, I believe, in the most recent Greta Van Susteren coverage of Jennifer's appearance. That show was done in April, 3 months ago I believe. Unfortunately I can't find a transcript of the show. But, by doing a Google search you find several mentions of it. I watched the show so I didn't get the info secondhand. In fact, the ex-bf is still one of Jennifer's brother's closest friends.

In any case, the last night Jennifer ever talked to anyone, her ex-bf, at the same time, was at the Blue Martini at the Millennia Mall which is a 1/4 mile away. Once again, I've followed this case for at least 5 years and I never heard that piece of info until Greta's show 3 months ago. And the family has acknowledged that's a fact.

I should say: For the record, I've had my "night abduction" theory for the last five years, not knowing where the ex-bf was that night. So, you can see why now more than ever I believe that the crime happened the night before, not in the morning.

It reminds me of a case I saw on 48 Hours, some show like that, where the ex-husband just happened to be riding his mountain bike close to where his ex-wife was murdered. He, of course, denied doing it. But, what kind of coincidence is that? He was convicted of the murder while still maintaining his innocence.

sarah7855, as for your other points, I see things a little differently.

First, the security cameras. Let's just put something on the record: The only reason the person who parked that car is unknown is because of maybe the worst luck in the history of crime--his/her face being blocked out by bars in a iron fence. I mean, what kind of bad luck is that? So really, the quality or quantity of the cameras don't matter: What mattered was bad luck--Had the timing been just a little different the cops would've had a clear, decent quality view of the person's face. And there's no way the car-parker could've timed it to walk just at the right pace so his face is blocked out--no way. Sure, maybe working at that complex at some point he knew the cameras only took pics every so many seconds, but there's no way he'd know if the cameras were taking pics at any given moment.

Second, the complex itself. You have to remember something: When the guy pulls the car into that complex he doesn't know there aren't going to be any people there to see him. Sure, if somebody sees him when he parks, right at the second it's no big deal because the observer doesn't know the guy is parking the car of an abducted woman. But that observation, hypothetically, would eventually become very important in a few hours when the news gets out of Jennifer's disapperance. Then that person in the complex would come forward and say, "Hey, I saw this guy parking her car . . . " What I'm saying is parking in that lot only seems like a good idea now, and that's because the person hasn't been caught. At the time, in those minutes, it was a very risky choice--in fact the worst choice of all choices except turning himself in. He parked in a place where people live, in the day time, with security cameras, in a busy city, and still is on the loose. That's luck--bad luck.

The maintenance worker idea. I reject it. I mentioned it in my long post: Any proof of Jennifer being in her car other than in the driver's seat? Because that's what somebody has to prove if they buy into the morning abduction theory: She came out, got attacked, thrown into her own car, and whisked away. Any hair of hers in the trunk? Backseat? To my knowledge the answer is, "no". And I don't believe she was forced to drive somewhere--that's the stuff of movies, not reality. In addition, what do you think the stats are on women getting abducted in broad daylight by strangers? So low they're almost incalcuable. For women looking to avoid violence, the worst place to be is around a man at night who knows you--I know that sounds terrible but it's the truth. All I'm doing here is playing percentages. Furthermore, as much as I know there is a certain "attitude" toward maintenance workers, landscapers, etc., I reject the idea all of them would keep quiet over something like this. Especially after this long. I've read all the stories--illegal immigrants, afraid of getting deported, etc., etc., etc., Whereas I look at the other way, if I were an illegal immigrant and wanted to stay in the USA, I'd work out a deal to stay here by telling everything I knew about the Kesse case.

The bed. All I can say about the CNN transcript is this: Mrs. Kesse mentioned the bed was unmade in the Greta interview but she didn't say that was Jennifer's habit. In addition, I'm not sure how Mrs. Kesse would know whether Jennifer makes her bed or not--all she knows is is wasn't made the day she got there. The only people who would know the bed situation are people who were over to Jennifer's apartment regularly. What Mrs. Kesse is saying is she THINKS Jennifer doesn't make her bed. I'm sure my mother might say the same thing but I actually make my bed every day. But my mother lives nowhere close to FL so she really has no idea. I will add on to this point below . . .

The towel. I live in Tampa. My experience with wet towels is different. We don't know what kind of material it was. We don't know if she washed her long hair which would definitely make the towel much more wet and take longer to dry. Maybe it fell in the tub. Maybe water got on the bathroom floor. On top of the fact that before I lived in FL, I lived in Las Vegas. FL towels stay wet WAY longer than NV towels--it's the very reason Vegas weather can be so lethal, it will suck the water right out of you. Here, you sweat in a t-shirt and it will stay soaked for hours. And I would remind you of one more thing, and this is the touchy part (this will take me to my next point, by the way): The Kesse's, as much as I have sympathy for them, have every reason to portray a story in which their daughter was abducted in the morning. More on that in a second.

Her non-fiancee. I guess I missed that because I could've sworn I've read in some different places they were engaged. Weird. Really, that only makes my case stronger that there might have been another man. I know that makes me sound like a woman hater or something but as a fairly social, adult straight male I have to be open to that possibility because I've seen it and experienced it. People, both men and women, have doubts, fears, negative feelings, depression about their relationships all the time, engaged, married or not. I've seen too many men and women cheat months before their weddings. I've seen people get divorced then a year later get back together. I went on a vacation with a woman who a month later got engaged to another guy. And since we don't know Jennifer Kesse personally--didn't date her, didn't work with her, never met her, etc.--I think we have to look at her as a good but flawed human like anyone else. It's the very reason I think her vacation with her bf and her disappearance are linked. I think another guy got jealous, couldn't stand her being away, couldn't take her spending the weekend with someone else, etc.--crimes of passion, one of the oldest felonies out there.

In addition, now that we know the ex-bf was a 1/4 mile away that night, the possibility of something like that even gets larger.

Regarding the towel, the bed, the non-fiancee, all put together, and I'm going to say this again although I sound like the shallowest guy on websleuths: The Kesse's have every reason to paint a picture in which Jennifer was abducted in the morning because something happening to her the night before--a work night, after she talking to her man, maybe she went out without telling him--could be seen as unseemly. It's no different than so many other missing persons cases: Somebody disappears, the family asks for help, they portray the disappeared as the picture of perfection, and then somewhere months down the road. . . the drug addiction comes up, the bi-polar disorder issue, the person went off their medication, etc. all come up. Why? Because as soon as people hear that they lose a little bit of interest. Sure, they still care but the passion recedes--it's just human nature. But those things are harder to cover up than a wet/non-wet towel, an unmade bed of someone who allegedly doesn't make her bed, etc.

As proof of what I'm saying: It took all these years for me and you, sarah7855--two people who've followed this case closely--to find out that her ex-bf was a 1/4 mile away that night. You see what I mean? Had that information come out to the public when Jennifer disappeared, what would we think? Ex-bf did it. That night she went over to the Blue Martini, they went back to his place, and something happened. Right? Be honest, anyone who reads this. There probably wouldn't have been as much hub-bub about it, right? Why? Because Jennifer would be seen as a woman who might have cheated on her bf and paid for it. And that's not a great story. She's not a sympathetic victim in that case. Still a crime. Still tragic. Still terrible. But the narrative of the entire case changes. Thus, the attention to it does as well.

Plus, Jennifer's brother is best friends with the ex-bf. And the Kesse's by their own words like this guy. So they have every reason to push the story in a different direction. It's easier to think it's the unknown illegal immigrant stranger than the nice boy who was under your roof so many times. Thus, the morning abduction story and not the night one. And remember what I said: Worst place for a woman to be: Out at night with a man she knows. FBI stats prove it.

Once again, for the record, I hope Jennifer is found alive and well a second from now. But I feel like expanding the possibilities is the best thing for this case.

That was a really well-written post, fasteddy. I always admire you sleuthers who put your thoughts into words so clearly...

So are you personally leaning towards the ex-bf, or just putting it out there as another possibility?

Kristin83, thank you for the compliment. I'm a writer for a living if so my posts aren't written well, well . . . . I guess I should find another line of work.

To answer your question about the ex-bf--I think there could be a couple things going on here. As I stated above: I don't like it when very relevant facts come out way after a crime has happened, like years down the road. Granted, none of these families who've had members disappear owe me anything. And the police don't owe me anything either. I'm just a guy with huge interests in disappearances and unsolved crimes--murder, art theft, unidentified bodies, etc. So I don't want to sound like--due to my interest in a certain case I deserve every little piece of information. As proof, I don't chastise the police like so many people on here and elsewhere do. They have tough jobs in a sometimes thankless profession.

However, I do have a problem with the "General's Daughter" phenomenon of disappearances and murders. That's a book and movie by the way. It tells the story of a general's daughter who is thought to be the perfect person. But as the investigation into her murder continues more and more bad stuff about her is exposed, to the point where even her own father is trying to cover those facts up even if it means allowing her murderer to go free.

The truth is too many families whitewash their disappeared loved ones' life. For the record: I know why they do that--I explained it above. But I surely don't respect it even though I realize I'm not owed any truth in any case because I'm not the police.

To answer your question: I don't know who I want to suspect. But here's what I do know: A huge fact like that can only lie hidden on purpose, not by accident. As proof, sarah7855 above who seems knowledgeable of the case didn't know about it--how is that possible? It's only possible if no one talks about it. And why not talk about it--to protect the ex-bf? Of course not. It's to protect Jennifer.

Of course the ex-bf story helps my theory immensely--a theory I've had for like 5 years at least. But still there's no actual proof of his involvement in her disappearance in any way. BUT, it proves that there are most likely other facts about Jennifer and the night/morning of her disappearance still floating out there, but are being hidden as to protect her reputation and not the integrity of the case.

Yes, I'm sure the police interviewed him. Yes, I'm sure the police went to the Blue Martini and asked questions. Yes, I'm sure his place was checked out. But what's compelling more to me is not him exactly--it's how and when the fact came out. It came out so many years later and it came out in an international interview where it's mentioned as if everybody knew it--when hardly anybody did. Makes me suspicious as to what else was going on in Jennifer's life in the weeks leading up to her disappearance.

For the record: I'm not putting the ex-bf out there as a possibility. When it was mentioned during the Fox show is when it became a possibility. Greta isn't stupid: She knows where a fact like that could lead. Why? Because anybody with half a brain would be able to put two and two together, despite the family then saying they don't think the ex-bf had anything to do with it. If that's the case, then why after all these years does the family air the fact out on a very popular news show? It all seems very passive-aggressive to me: We don't think the ex-bf had anything to do with it but did we tell you he was a quarter mile away that night? And he was drunk. And he still had feelings for Jennifer. You see what I mean? So, it's they who point at him in an indirect way while still saying he is innocent. Not myself or anyone else on here.

In fact, as I write this I'm wondering if it slipped out by accident. Hmmmmmmm. Or maybe even on purpose. I wonder.

The truth is I think there's a lot about Jennifer that we don't know even though her face and bio and circumstances have been everywhere over the years. And it's not like we deserve to know anything more than what they want to tell us. But sometimes it does kind of feel like they want the public's help but they're only willing to put out so many facts for that cause--and the Kesse's are not alone in that behavior. The recent ex-bf revelation is proof of that. The revelation may draw more attention to him I guess, but I'm thinking about the bigger picture as to what other "other man" stories are out there--maybe men with even better motives than the ex-bf. That's all.

Your thoughts on families possibly trying to protect their missing loved one and possibly not sharing all details really reminds me of the Maura Murray case.

For the last several years since Jennifer went missing, I too, like I think everyone else on this board, assumed she was kidnapped/raped/murdered by the mystery "contract worker" type guy in the grainy video. However, now with this recent info about the ex-bf (and yeah it's really frusturating we didn't know this way back when), it really makes me wonder if this case could be a lot simpler than we think.....that it's the age-old story of a woman being hurt by someone she knew.

Wondering if we should not only be looking at those she knew romantically, but perhaps from her place of employment...

I think at this point we have to assume the police have interviewed all the men in Jennifer's life. Granted, I know through the years the Orlando cops have really dropped the ball in so many ways. But we have to believe they've checked out all the obvious possibilities. So that has to include the ex-bf and Jennifer's co-workers. And to not mention any other websites, but there are some WILD theories out there regarding Jennifer and who made her disappear.

In fact if you read enough about serial killers who were eventually caught, most of them were interviewed months if not years before any evidence ever arose they were involved. The Green River Killer is a good example of that. The problem with police interrogations is they only are successful if the person has a guilty conscience. We've all seen enough The First 48's to see that.

And it's my very clear belief whoever caused Jennifer to disappear has no guilt about it whatsoever. And that's the usual quality of crimes of passion--the woman deserved it, she cheated on me, she lied to me, she didn't love me enough, etc. Meaning, it's all the woman's fault so the guy rationalizes his behavior. Of course he doesn't rationalize it quite enough to own up to his crime.

fasteddy, thanks for the fascinating and thoughtful posts; I feel the case has almost been given new life by this whole ex-bf angle, which I had never heard of before now.

I still think it's baffling that Jennifer hasn't been found by now. If the perp is as sloppy as he seems by his decision to park Jennifer's car in broad daylight at a camera-rigged apartment complex and then casually walk away in full view of said cameras, then one would think he wouldn't exactly be an expert at making a body disappear for 8+ years. What do you think? Just more dumb luck on the perp's part?

When i watched the tv show by greta van sustren about jen that is when i brought up this new angle about her ex bf being at her house with jens brother while she was away on that trip with her at the time current bf .Iam glad to see people talking about that scenario ..

When i watched the tv show by greta van sustren about jen that is when i brought up this new angle about her ex bf being at her house with jens brother while she was away on that trip with her at the time current bf .Iam glad to see people talking about that scenario ..
Does anyone know,if Greta's show,is on YouTube or is there a link? So it is now stated as fact that her brother and her ex were staying at her apt while she was away? Is this correct?m and how tall is the ex? Fgs?

Does anyone know,if Greta's show,is on YouTube or is there a link? So it is now stated as fact that her brother and her ex were staying at her apt while she was away? Is this correct?m and how tall is the ex? Fgs?
Yes, the show confirms that the ex, Jennifer's brother and another friend of the brother stayed at Jennifer's condo while she was away. Unless I misheard, Jennifer's brother says, of the ex being there, that "it must have been pretty awkward for him" (paraphrasing). I thought that was an odd thing to say, but apparently he is good friends with the ex also.

You can watch the whole show on the Fox News site:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

<modsnip> But who knows?

Strangely, though, Jennifer's parents (dad in particular) seem to almost be implicating the ex when he's brought up in Part 2 of the show. The way, for instance, that Drew suddenly throws out the fact that the guy was "drunk as a skunk" at the Blue Martini and upset about Jennifer that night, is downright odd and sounds angry or accusatory, as if he's subtly pointing a finger to his own preferred suspect.

All things considered, my money is on it being someone Jennifer knew -- either a co-worker or an ex/romantic interest.

I think at this point we have to assume the police have interviewed all the men in Jennifer's life. Granted, I know through the years the Orlando cops have really dropped the ball in so many ways. But we have to believe they've checked out all the obvious possibilities. So that has to include the ex-bf and Jennifer's co-workers. And to not mention any other websites, but there are some WILD theories out there regarding Jennifer and who made her disappear.

In fact if you read enough about serial killers who were eventually caught, most of them were interviewed months if not years before any evidence ever arose they were involved. The Green River Killer is a good example of that. The problem with police interrogations is they only are successful if the person has a guilty conscience. We've all seen enough The First 48's to see that.

And it's my very clear belief whoever caused Jennifer to disappear has no guilt about it whatsoever. And that's the usual quality of crimes of passion--the woman deserved it, she cheated on me, she lied to me, she didn't love me enough, etc. Meaning, it's all the woman's fault so the guy rationalizes his behavior. Of course he doesn't rationalize it quite enough to own up to his crime.
Actually, we don't have to believe OPD did any of those things. Epic fail for OPD's response to this case. There are so many things we thought OPD did do and years later we find they did nothing. Dropping the ball is to say they picked it up in the first place.

The news that one of the visiting party goers was an ex of Jennifer's shines a new light on things. The family was remiss in leaving out such a detail especially if he was in the area during the time she went missing, imo. Here we are years later and people may not remember particulars. Memories fade and people move on. Did LE ever go to the Blue Martini and question anyone with him that night? Doubtful.

Many psychopaths/sociopaths and run-of-the-mill murderers have been known to let information slip during interrogations. It really goes to the caliber of the interrogators, imo.

Yes, the show confirms that the ex, Jennifer's brother and another friend of the brother stayed at Jennifer's condo while she was away. Unless I misheard, Jennifer's brother says, of the ex being there, that "it must have been pretty awkward for him" (paraphrasing). I thought that was an odd thing to say, but apparently he is good friends with the ex also.

You can watch the whole show on the Fox News site:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

The ex's first name only is revealed in the segment, but after some sleuthing I have found his Facebook and my pure gut feeling is that he is probably innocent. But who knows?

Strangely, though, Jennifer's parents (dad in particular) seem to almost be implicating the ex when he's brought up in Part 2 of the show. The way, for instance, that Drew suddenly throws out the fact that the guy was "drunk as a skunk" at the Blue Martini and upset about Jennifer that night, is downright odd and sounds angry or accusatory, as if he's subtly pointing a finger to his own preferred suspect.

All things considered, my money is on it being someone Jennifer knew -- either a co-worker or an ex/romantic interest.
Thank u,so much!!! Jeffries I,,really,appreciate the,links!, I,think her ex left that phone as an excuse to,come back later. His homes, property all must be searched, I doubt it was.

Thank u,so much!!! Jeffries I,,really,appreciate the,links!, I,think her ex left that phone as an excuse to,come back later. His homes, property all must be searched, I doubt it was.
No problem, Cherry. Regarding the phone -- it was actually the other friend of Jennifer's brother who left it there, not the ex.

No problem, Cherry. Regarding the phone -- it was actually the other friend of Jennifer's brother who left it there, not the ex.
However, he could have used it as an excuse to see her. He could have called to say he would be seeing the other guy soon and could return it.

Seriouslysearching, do you really believe the OPD hasn't talked to her co-workers? And to her ex-bf? All the guys who were at her apartment while Jennifer was on vacation? I mean, we know they talked to her non-fiancee/current bf.

I should say something about the person who parked Jennifer's car. I've never believed the dogs who sniffed the scent the whole way back to Jennifer's apartment. Overall, and this goes to many cases, I'm not a huge believer in the ability of dogs. They make mistakes as much as they succeed.

The most recent evidence of this is the Teleka Patrick case: The dogs tracked her scent to the highway, leading investigators to believe she got picked up by someone. Whereas, it turned out Teleka went the entirely opposite direction and drowned in the lake. Plus, I've read one too many stories about police manipulating their search dogs--in drug cases for example--so as to get search warrants when the warrant wouldn't be possible otherwise. Not to mention the now very famous case of a woman who planted evidence so her dog would find it, making them look like saviors of some type.

So, I'm dubious. I know dogs can be trained and I love animals. But we we really don't know what's going on in their heads, even if they're our best friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member