trial day 44: the defense continues its case in chief #132

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening - almost

Is it Juan o'clock yet? :please::please:

While I'm at it, it is also drinking time

Its always somewhere 5'o clock (at least for me)- cheers ;) - so what is our 'word of the day'? "Mr. Martinez", "context", "mischaracterizing" or " yes/no" (i know I will not get so much to drink then :( )

and on the same note : Good Afternoon/ Morning/ Evening to everyone here supporting Travis Alexander/ family and 'knowing' Justice will prevail!

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

Willmott is here in a light salmon jacket w/black skirt, no bling. Nurmi is in black with black/white tie.

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

Willmott is here in a light salmon jacket w/black skirt, no bling. Nurmi is in black with black/white tie. #JodiArias

Bringing this over from the last thread because I wanted to see what others think...

What I noticed by watching the tape of Travis talking about his robbery experience, with JA laying in lap (awkward much?), is two of the things he said while telling that story, she used in her story/murder.

1. He had a gun pointed to his temple when he was robbed. The same side that she shot him.

2. In his telling of the robbery story, he mentions that he wondered if he would be all tough against the attacker or if he would be all, "Please don't shoot me!! I have a wife and eight kids!" in a girly voice. When telling Det. Flores about the ninjas, JA said something along the lines of "he wasn't crying like a girl or anything".

I think she used parts of his story in her story. She listened and heard everything. Very very perceptive and these things stuck in her head. It's creepy.

B/UBM :twocents::twocents: So perceptive on your part AND IMHO, part of what makes her such a dangerous member of OUR society! Her sociopath & power-hungry tendencies are "in control" of HER but as "Ms Einstein" she thinks shes "in control" of EVERYTHING and is the author of everything "perfect"!

SCARY!!!!!!!:jail::jail:

That gives me an idea. I think that would be something extraodinary to put on one's resume. You know, where you usually put hobbies and interests...

I'll bet you would move up to the top of the pile. lol

Lol, I guess, if you are applying for a job as a street walker maybe.

Donnareit
Verified Victim's Advocate

A good report

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes
I don't think we will ever know the real truth about males who are victimized by dangerous females. They are the least likely to report anyway so the stats will always be skewed imo.

I think it goes on a hellavu lot more than some like to think. Its just better to say that most abuse is done by a man.

I think this case will bring much needed awareness and support for male abuse victims which is very much needed.

Many abuses are done to males even in their childhood and many times it can be at the hands of their mothers or other female family members. The stats, iirc say 1-4 females are abused and 1-6 males are abused. That is way too much abuse for either gender imo.

Women have a more favorable outcome in their trials than men do for same like crimes. On average a man may spend a minimum of 17 years in prison for murder and for the same like crime a female will only serve 8-10 years.

There is a great disparity and double standards in our country about many things. Abuse done to males by stalker/female abusers are one imo and unequal punishments for same like crimes is another.

So I'm not ready to believe that all men are the bad ones and females are good as ALV has promoted for over 34 years with a very biased viewpoint. Imo, she has never met a man she did like.

And then we wonder why men don't come forward and report female abusers. They don't because society on a whole diminishes its seriousness and severity if they are the victims.

Trying to find the truth led me to this recent study. The numbers are interesting (and ALV would have been well served to have a look at them); but even more interesting in light of this case, is the data a sexual assualt and stalking where the male is the victim (again, ALV could have avoided a world of embarassment had she read this).
http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/nisvs/

Last edited by Donnareit; Today at 12:22 PM. Reason: I can't type straight before my coffee.

Made it over here...good morning all!

It's going to be a Juanderful day!

Good Morning everyone!
Is there a way to split screen the live stream and Websleuths so you can see both kind of like Wild About Trial has? I'm TC (technically challenged). :blushing:

I loved when Mr Martinez said that ALV's work in this case was shoddy. Her blood must have been boiling.

Hello all! Justice for Travis! Good vibes for our great prosecutor!

Observations, just because...

Kirk cannot hold his head up, period.
Wish Juan would have included how far jodi drove to have a "chat" w Biannca.
I, for the first time during trial, will not be watching Jenny's cross, the dentist sounds more appealing!

For all those busy working, we are thinking of you

T-minus no minutes

5.gif

WildAboutTrial Judge is still hearing other cases. I still stick to my 10:00am prediction for start time today. #JodiArias

I'm finally HERE!! Did it start - or late as usual? I don't even have my feed up yet!!!
Is there an icon for pulling out your hair?

Did they ever say what JA aka Ms. Einstein's IQ score actually was?

I am jumping on but have a daughter with an emotional crisis today . . . may not be able to post full transcripts today . . . anybody want to help? I would love to have the back up for those who cannot watch or listen. TIA!!!

Judge is still hearing other cases. I still stick to my 10:00am prediction for start time today. #JodiArias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000