TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged w/ Murder - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
MN after killing JF went back because maybe:

1: To explain away any DNA of hers found at the home

2- To possibly plant evidence towards someone else

3- To enjoy her crime to witness the families fears up front and personal

I think all the above.

Or just for pure intimidation....and it worked...for awhile.

I don't think so. In the presser, one of the reporters asked about the idea of her acting alone and Harris said obviously it is possible there is another person but they don't believe so and imo it was clear they didn't mean anyone so far in the investigation but its possible for example, she and a friend took turns torching him to death and they can't know that for certain yet.

Not that they are going back on who they cleared but leaving the door open for an unknown. So this comment is just what they said even in the presser.

imo

She had all the opportunities and time in throwing the...ahem....right perp under the bus and didn't. I agree with LE...at this time she acted alone and will be the only person charged. Hiccup.

What is Botanicals and what kind of shops are you referring to? I live in TX and I don't have a clue what you are referring to. tia

For example:

Botanica Elegua in Houston Spiritual store
http://www.botelegua.com/index.php?main_page=page_2

I've been to many different stores and they basically sell candles, incense and books. Not saying that this store or any spirtiual store would have any afflialtions with MN or with a child killer.
But, sometimes unstable people are drawn towards magic/power.

There are evil people in all religions/walks of faith... I don't see JF's murder as any kind of "religious ritual".

ETA: that includes unstable people as well

Jonathan grandmother's words:
"We're not discussing the stepdad. We're not discussing all of that. This is Jonathan's day. He deserves a very special day," Gifford said. "What if I wouldn't have let him be with his mother? What if I wouldn't have brought him back from his Uncle Glenn's? What if I would have kept him? But if we 'what if' and ask ourselves these questions, it's going to drive us crazy because we can't change things."

ETA: Looks like DD was at the funeral ~1:40 of the video.

I can watch the videos at the moment.
Is Sharon there as well?

There are evil people in all religions/walks of faith... I don't see JF's murder as any kind of "religious ritual".

I absolutely agree.

I meant unstable or dangerous people may be attracted to black magic. Sorry to offend, was not my intention.

X-Files - no offense taken at all

I also don't get a religious feel to this crime. It was on a date that would possibly make sense (Christmas Eve), but the "threatening" phone calls before hand, the brazen act of going to sit in the living room with the grieving family within a few hours of torching the body of a 12 year old innocent little boy - those are the acts of a crazy person - not some nut job following an insane religious script, IMHO. I am a Christian, and will never forget that the BTK serial killer was a deacon in his church. There are nut jobs everywhere, but this crime feels like a sadistic nut job rather than a religious nut job. Sad that I have learned to place nut jobs in different categories, huh?

It's possible, I suppose. That's why I think the video of her disposing of the body in the ditch will be very telling. Was she gentle? Angry and violent? Disgusted? Did she stay for a minute? Perhaps via body language express some sort of religious ritual (crossing of chest, hands in the act of prayer, etc.)? For whatever reason, his poor body was placed in an area where it was going to be found undeniably. IMHO, she wanted him found. For what reasons, I would be guessing, but I firmly believe that.

According to her Myspace page, she was about to volunteer to a trip to Haiti. I don't remember the date she posted it, and her Myspace has a virus now, so I don't want to go back there. She kept up with the Myspace way more than her Facebook - although she used her Facebook to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and not Myspace.

I imagine she did it like she would do any task. Methodical and to the point. I cant see her being gentle with a victim that she has just burned his flesh away. LE said they had never seen such a thorough burning before. So imo she took her time burning him and did not tarry when she disposed of him. So I just cant visualize her being gentle. I think she is a psychopath with no feelings. So that enabled her to be able to burn him and discard him as if he meant nothing, imo.

I looked at where she put him and it had a culvert in the drainage ditch. I wondered if she put him up in the culvert but his remains washed out. Was there rain or snow that melted in that area anytime between the time she put him there and he was found?

I am not sure she wanted anyone to find him. Although it has been said that serial killers will display their victims where they will shock the person who finds them.

IMO

I looked at where she put him and it had a culvert in the drainage ditch. I wondered if she put him up in the culvert but his remains washed out. Was there rain or snow that melted in that area anytime between the time she put him there and he was found?
It rained fairly hard Christmas Eve night.

I'm guessing the video would be the only way to find out if he was placed in the ditch or shoved up into to drainage pipe to hide him. I do recall LE using "placed" though, correct?

While I have nothing against cremation and realize it is a family's choice, I was saddened when I saw that Jonathan had been cremated. I'm sorry, but it did not seem fitting after everything he had been through at the end of his life. But that is MOO. I think you all realize what I am trying to say but I don't know how to put it into words right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunnyhope