TX - Kendrick Lee, 8, murdered, 3 sibs abandoned, Houston, 20 Oct 2021 *ARRESTS*

I cannot find any updates on this and Harris County wants me to create an account, including my phone number, in order to look at the docket :( That ain't happening. Does any one else have access already to their docket?

It's been months and months since we've heard a word about this case. I still think of Kendrick's siblings and hope they are doing okay, with love, plenty of food and stability in their lives.

I cannot find any updates on this and Harris County wants me to create an account, including my phone number, in order to look at the docket :( That ain't happening. Does any one else have access already to their docket?

It's been months and months since we've heard a word about this case. I still think of Kendrick's siblings and hope they are doing okay, with love, plenty of food and stability in their lives.

@TexasCrimeJunkie @TexasGiGi @TexasJeepGurl @TxMother67 @txsleuth70

@Houston Mom

Just trying Texas posters, maybe one or two already have accounts for Harris County, or have picked up local coverage?

Harris County man accused of beating girlfriend’s 8-year-old son to death chooses judge over jury trial
Accused perpetrator opts for judge-only trial in shocking child murder case

Scheduled for February, Coulter’s trial for capital murder will be presided over by a judge, who will sift through the chilling evidence surrounding the child’s killing and make the weighty decisions of both verdict and punishment.
[snip]
With Williams remaining in Harris County Jail, both she and Coulter are scheduled for separate trials in February, each facing the consequences of their alleged heinous actions.

A few stats on the death penalty in Texas:
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Texas leads the nation in the number of executions since the death penalty was reinstated in 1976.
California, Florida, Texas, and Alabama have the largest death row populations.

As of October 1, 2020, 2,557 inmates were under sentence of death in the United States.
- - -

Lethal Injection Consists Of:

Single drug protocol of Pentobarbital

Average Time on Death Row prior to Execution:
11.22 years
- - - - - - - -
Source:

"She feared losing her remaining children to Child Protective Services..."

What did she care?? She hadn't lived with them for months!!! They were living on their own and deserved to be lost to her and living WITH a caring family. Uuuggghhh!!
the benefits. She was getting benefits for those children, which she and her disgusting unemployed boyfriend used to support their lifestyle in their own apartment, all while her kids suffered, starved, lived without utilities with their dead brother's corpse for 11 months in the old apartment, alone, afraid.

Judge takes 20 minutes to convict man in 8-year-old's 'horrific' beating death from 2020
The judge addressed Coulter, calling the case "the most horrific set of facts" she's ever heard.

"Sir, those children have haunted me this last week," Judge Johnson said to an impassive Coulter. "I hope, sir, when you're in prison, those same boys that have haunted my mind, haunt yours."

The three surviving brothers of the 8-year-old boy, whose decomposing body was found in October 2021, told their story in court Thursday of what life was like living with their mother's alleged abusive boyfriend.

Judge takes 20 minutes to convict man in 8-year-old's 'horrific' beating death from 2020
One by one, the siblings, now ages 17, 12, and 9 years old, took the stand on the trial's third day, testifying for hours about how Coulter kicked, hit, and punched Kendrick for months leading up to his death. The two younger brothers said Coulter abused them as well.
[snip]
The eldest brother called 911. He was 15 years old at the time. Prosecutors played the call during closing arguments.

"My brother is dead, and he's been dead for a while," the teen can be heard saying. He explained to the dispatcher that his mom and her boyfriend moved out. "It's just me and my two other brothers here."

The teen, now 17, was the only one of the three brothers to testify in the same room as Coulter but did not look at the man he once thought of as a "father figure."

Verdict: Brian Coulter sentenced to life for killing 8-Year-Old Kendrick Lee
HOUSTON - Brian Coulter, the man found guilty of killing 8-year-old Kendrick Lee, will spend the rest of his life in prison.
-----------------------
much more at the links. I wish the surviving boys nothing but peace and a life of love and happiness. Now for the "mother", time for Gloria to face the music.

Two new charges have been brought against Gloria Williams, including failing to provide food or medical aid to her 8-year-old son, Kendrick Lee, before he was beaten to death by her partner Brian Coulter.
[snip]
One of the other cases involving Williams’ child (identified only as T.L.) was also re-indicted after a review, Byrom said. This came after reviewing previously filed charges and finding that additional charges were warranted, so the case was re-indicted and a $1 million bond was set for Williams.
[snip]
During William’s next court date on May 23, there will be a pretrial conference where a trial date will be set if the case cannot be resolved.
Gloria Williams faces new charges in the death of her 8-year-old son Kendrick Lee

Amanda Cain, Administrative Office of the District Courts’ communications director, told KTRK that 178th District Court Judge Kelli Johnson is away for “personal matters.” The news outlet reported that Johnson has been out since May 1 — and Houston police responded to her home on May 4 for a disturbance/crisis intervention call.
Kendrick-Lee.jpg

In mid-April, Johnson convicted Brian Coulter, 34, of fatally beating his girlfriend’s 8-year-old son, Kendrick Lee. Reports indicated that Coulter opted for a bench trial, and Johnson found him guilty within 20 minutes.

In regards to Johnson, KTRK reported that visiting and retired judges have handled some court matters in her absence. No one has connected her absence to the Lee case. A source who spoke with the news outlet described the judge’s recent behavior as manic.

“She’s a danger to herself and to the community,” they said.

Amanda Cain, communications director for the Administrative Office of the District Courts, initially told ABC13, "No comment," when asked about the judge's absence. Nine days later, though, she said, "Judge Johnson is out for personal matters."
[snip]
A Houston police report from May 4 described Johnson's involvement in an incident near her home. An officer cited a "disturbance/CIT," a police acronym for crisis intervention.
Where's Judge Kelli Johnson? High-profile justice hasn't sat on the bench for weeks

The administrative judge for the area, Judge Susan Brown, has refused to say whether there’s a timeline for Johnson’s return to the bench.

Johnson was elected to the court in 2016 after serving as assistant district attorney for 17 years, according to her bio.
Prominent Texas judge Kelli Johnson disappears from court after concerns of ‘manic’ behavior, police interaction

prayers for her honor. She apparently has a pretty heavy caseload. I hope whatever has caused her absence resolves. I cannot imagine having to oversee this trial and the evidence it involved. Heavy burden.

Despite the rumors, her brother Clay Johnson told The Daily Beast that his sister was 'fine' and that her family and wife were in 'daily contact with her'.

He told the outlet: 'She’s not missing, she’s on medical leave. She’s in touch with the family, and everything is fine, and that’s about all I can say.'
*I've been online all day and it's been getting to me. Just reading about her honor, I feel my chest swell with tension. Prayers and thoughts be to her.

Despite the rumors, her brother Clay Johnson told The Daily Beast that his sister was 'fine' and that her family and wife were in 'daily contact with her'.

He told the outlet: 'She’s not missing, she’s on medical leave. She’s in touch with the family, and everything is fine, and that’s about all I can say.'
*I've been online all day and it's been getting to me. Just reading about her honor, I feel my chest swell with tension. Prayers and thoughts be to her.
MOO whoever the one unnamed court personnel is that has described her as manic and a "danger to herself and to the community." needs to be fired IMMEDIATELY. That kind of bull has no place at the courthouse. I hope they are investigating to determine who that extremely unprofessional courthouse employee is so the can be.

"Investigators with the Harris County Sheriff's Office described the scene they found inside the apartment as horrific, with one testifying it was one of the worst scenes he's ever worked. Prosecutors played body camera footage Tuesday, showing two shocked deputies as they pulled back a blue blanket, exposing Kendrick's skeleton on a bedroom floor."

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth
Back