VA - Boy, 6, in custody after shooting teacher, Newport News, Jan 2023 *mom charged* #3

I'm sorry it's the local Commonwealth's attorney.

I fired off a letter to the State Attorney General today over the involvement of the local Commonwealth's Attorney, requesting she look into the delays and why some were not charged initially, especially the obstruction of justice. There are many that cannot be charged due to one year time limit. You know the State Attorney General had to intervene last time to get DT charged.

The NN COP turned over everything to the local Commonwealth Attorney, he 6 months before calling a grand jury knowing good and well the ramifications of a delay. He had an opportunity and did review any and all documents, could have issued initial charges without a special grand jury and all these delays.

The grand jury certified the charges back in March. Did the local Commonwealth's Attorney delay the arrest, in order to have a judge that would be sympathetic? We shall see.

Our State Attorney General is very transparent, charged school officials and School Board representative, when the local Commonwealth Attorney refused, in a different locality. Yeah, she's a spitfire, when it comes to the schools.

Moo

I've forgotten the names/abbreviations for state, local, etc... all I know is Gwynn was the one I didn't trust. I agree with you... I'm all ready for the spitfire State Attorney Gen... she's fab!!

jmo

She is being temporarily held at the Western Tidewater Regional Jail in Suffolk until the federal prisons bureau assigns her somewhere. The judge ordered Taylor go directly to jail because she failed several drug tests while she was on federal pre-trial services.
CodeCourt TypeCourt NameStatusArresting Agency
PRI9905S9FederalANY OTHER COURTS

Other Info​

Middle Name:NICOLE
Suffix:
Alias:
Current Age:26
Booking Date:11/15/2023 6:26:00 PM
Date Released:
Height:5' 6"
Weight:160 lbs
Hair Color:BLACK
Eye Color:BROWN
Race:Black
Sex:F

She looks drugged in this mugshot.

“A criminal investigation into staff members at a Virginia school where a 6-year-old shot his teacher could shift to why the troubled child’s disciplinary records disappeared after the violence.”

“Investigators had searched for the student’s records after he shot teacher Abby Zwerner in her first grade classroom, the grand jury said in its report released this week. Every other student’s file was located, but not his.”

“LaQuiche Parrott, director of elementary school leadership, returned one copy of the student's records that she said was in her home or car, the report states.”

“The grand jury said she had a “suspicious lack of memory” regarding that file.”

“A criminal investigation into staff members at a Virginia school... could shift to why the troubled child’s disciplinary records disappeared after the violence.”
“Investigators had searched for the student’s records .... Every other student’s file was located, but not his.”
snipped for focus @IDK

Hmmm. A classic case of CONSPICUOUS by its ABSENCE?

(at least absent for a length of time, not specifed in article.)

In the face of GrJury requests or subpoenas, I wonder how long Parker delayed in providing.

“A criminal investigation into staff members at a Virginia school where a 6-year-old shot his teacher could shift to why the troubled child’s disciplinary records disappeared after the violence.”

“Investigators had searched for the student’s records after he shot teacher Abby Zwerner in her first grade classroom, the grand jury said in its report released this week. Every other student’s file was located, but not his.”

“LaQuiche Parrott, director of elementary school leadership, returned one copy of the student's records that she said was in her home or car, the report states.”

“The grand jury said she had a “suspicious lack of memory” regarding that file.”

If I understood the report correctly, the child’s discipline records were still missing from the student’s file even after she returned it.

So, maybe a federal investigation is possible (which I thought was possible early on)

“The schools have a duty, usually, to report certain things to get federal funding and state funding.”

And, finally the biggest question so far BBM (imo)

“Serious questions need to be answered by the school board and the culture that they oversaw of being loose with disciplinary records and that put our teachers and our students in danger,” Toscano said. “The public needs to know: why does it seem that Richneck administration wanted to short-circuit the school system's discipline record system? What was at stake for them?”

Last edited:
So, maybe a federal investigation is possible (which I thought was possible early on)

“The schools have a duty, usually, to report certain things to get federal funding and state funding.”

And, finally the biggest question so far BBM (imo)

“Serious questions need to be answered by the school board and the culture that they oversaw of being loose with disciplinary records and that put our teachers and our students in danger,” Toscano said. “The public needs to know: why does it seem that Richneck administration wanted to short-circuit the school system's discipline record system? What was at stake for them?”

My guess? to the last question posed in above link...

Complete malfeasance. There was no discipline, IMO.
The school admin was lazy and incompetent, IMO.
( read the grand jury report )
That's what they don't want shown to the public.

Every student and teacher at that school was at risk, due to them all. Shame to Virginia Public School system for allowing this incompetence, IMO.. to continue for as long as it did.

Shine the light on them all !!!

1713040274002.png
I'm very intrigued by this part of the report. What incentive does Dr. Parker have to lie for the mother or why would she just take the mother at her word with no proof? Considering that the child was behind academically, I highly doubt he was ever enrolled in another school, or just a very short enrollment like his first kindergarten stint at Richneck. Was it laziness? Or did Dr. Parker have some kind of relationship with this family? Very bizarre to me.

I hope there is some kind of audit to see if all students at Richneck were treated like the child in this case or if he was given special treatment.

View attachment 496964
I'm very intrigued by this part of the report. What incentive does Dr. Parker have to lie for the mother or why would she just take the mother at her word with no proof? Considering that the child was behind academically, I highly doubt he was ever enrolled in another school, or just a very short enrollment like his first kindergarten stint at Richneck. Was it laziness? Or did Dr. Parker have some kind of relationship with this family? Very bizarre to me.

I hope there is some kind of audit to see if all students at Richneck were treated like the child in this case or if he was given special treatment.

Does Parker know the boy's mother or father? It seems a friend would vouch for someone versus a total stranger. I have a feeling a lot more info will come to light if his records are ever revealed.

View attachment 496964

Incentive?

To hide the kindergarten records that show problems this lazy school administration didn't want to address.

Missing records are normal in this school to hide their gross incompetence

2 Cents

My guess? to the last question posed in above link...

Complete malfeasance. There was no discipline, IMO.
The school admin was lazy and incompetent, IMO.
( read the grand jury report )
That's what they don't want shown to the public.

Every student and teacher at that school was at risk, due to them all. Shame to Virginia Public School system for allowing this incompetence, IMO.. to continue for as long as it did.

Shine the light on them all !!!
Each school system operates as a separate entity. They are governed by an elected School Board, they own property, and answer to the voters. They have full authority. The state has no direct authority, unless VA law is violated.

You know, most districts the voters would be outraged, and a recall or impeachment of members would have been instituted immediately.

Nope, a few parents attended the initial SB meetings and it NOW appears all is good and the voters are satisfied to have their schools run like this.

My local school board held an emergency meeting the evening of the shooting and voted to have SROs in our elementary schools. Thank goodness the local sheriff was able to have SROs in all elementary schools the next day. Our SB and parents would not tolerate what went on at NNPS for one single minute.

Keep in mind, the school board is elected, the city council is elected, and the Commonwealth's Attorney is elected and no effort made for change after the shooting. I'd say the people in Newport News are happy living with this government.

Moo..

Does Parker know the boy's mother or father? It seems a friend would vouch for someone versus a total stranger. I have a feeling a lot more info will come to light if his records are ever revealed.
I do believe, we will find out why this child was protected, and whom they're connected with. I think when AZs case is heard we will be more shocked than ever.

Moo

! Files are NEVER supposed to leave the records area! Unless a child transfers, and records are sent fed ex.

That is such a huge problem! I have worked in 3 different states, and school districts, that is a giant NO files leave the school!

I do believe, we will find out why this child was protected, and whom they're connected with. I think when AZs case is heard we will be more shocked than ever.

Moo

Something is amiss here.
My guess with ZERO evidence, the Asst. The asst. principal is friends with the boy's parents.
most people will go out on a limb for a friend but for a stranger? Why? What would be the motive? Just laziness? Perhaps. Does the Asst. principle have drug issues?

Student Records
! Files are NEVER supposed to leave the records area! Unless a child transfers, and records are sent fed ex.
That is such a huge problem! I have worked in 3 different states, and school districts, that is a giant NO files leave the school!
@mickey2942 TYVM for pointing this out. Hard to imagine that any school dist. policy anywhere authorizes student files to be removed from designated area of school premises.

And while we're on the topic of records....
Grades, acheivement, extra-cirr., disciplinary?
Hard copy student records? Only HARD COPY?
What the what?!?!

Are arithmetic classes taught w abacus at that school?/s

Seriously, IDK how elem. schools create, update, & maintain student records these days.

Last edited:
Each school system operates as a separate entity. They are governed by an elected School Board, they own property, and answer to the voters. They have full authority. The state has no direct authority, unless VA law is violated.

You know, most districts the voters would be outraged, and a recall or impeachment of members would have been instituted immediately.

Nope, a few parents attended the initial SB meetings and it NOW appears all is good and the voters are satisfied to have their schools run like this.

My local school board held an emergency meeting the evening of the shooting and voted to have SROs in our elementary schools. Thank goodness the local sheriff was able to have SROs in all elementary schools the next day. Our SB and parents would not tolerate what went on at NNPS for one single minute.

Keep in mind, the school board is elected, the city council is elected, and the Commonwealth's Attorney is elected and no effort made for change after the shooting. I'd say the people in Newport News are happy living with this government.

Moo..

All those "elected" people... and I'm not sure any of them were worth 1/4 of their salaries. I hope those who voted these people into office realize this before more harm comes to their teachers and children.

jmo

jmo

Student Records

@mickey2942 TYVM for pointing this out. Hard to imagine that any school dist. policy anywhere authorizes student files to be removed from designated area of school premises.

And while we're on the topic of records....
Grades, acheivement, extra-cirr., disciplinary?
Hard copy student records? Only HARD COPY?
What the what?!?!

Are arithmetic classes taught w abacus at that school?/s

Seriously, IDK how elem. schools create, update, & maintain student records these days.

It is often an issue of "need to know", private health information, other information about students that are not academic in nature. Or records have been requested from other entities, and there is not a dedicated area that scans and uploads all documents into a file.

I have seen files with a lot of confidential information, about parents, siblings, that really is not appropriate to be in an academic file, with access for everyone.

So, there are electronic records, but also a hard copy file as well.

All those "elected" people... and I'm not sure any of them were worth 1/4 of their salaries. I hope those who voted these people into office realize this before more harm comes to their teachers and children.

jmo

jmo
I would think the school board would have fired a few of them by now or at least reprimands.

Nah, NN has been this way for years. I don't see change coming. I don't even see the parents protesting. I do see eight people have filed lawsuits against Parker.

I don't see any additional charges coming, thanks to the Commonwealth's Attorney allowing the statue of limitations to expire.

Moo

Last edited:
It is often an issue of "need to know", private health information, other information about students that are not academic in nature. Or records have been requested from other entities, and there is not a dedicated area that scans and uploads all documents into a file.

I have seen files with a lot of confidential information, about parents, siblings, that really is not appropriate to be in an academic file, with access for everyone.

So, there are electronic records, but also a hard copy file as well.
It was the hard copy records that vanished. One file was located in a school administrators vehicle. She has amnesia and cannot remember how it got there. All of the disciplinary records had been removed from the file. This was located in the main office of the school.
The second file was kept in AZs classroom. The file has not been found.

Mrs White, the student's teacher last year, kept copies of the complaints she filed for the child. This was the only record, no hard copy was found, nor was it entered into the computer system. There were many witnesses including another teacher to the choking incident she refers to.

I think this whole bunch is crooked as you can get. The Commonwealth's Attorney, the school board and the city council. Any community that would not stand up for a teacher that had been shot, well you know what I'm thinking.....

moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blue's Clues
Back