GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The orange socks, ankle bracelet with flipflops, sweatshirt tied behind him ........real sexy, huh??? I would think all but orange socks belong to him. JMO

Do we know anything about JE before this?
Like where did he live before sponging off of TS???

He looks like a typical loser homeless druggie pan handler.

Nice ensemble (SNARK!)

The orange socks, ankle bracelet with flipflops, sweatshirt tied behind him ........real sexy, huh??? I would think all but orange socks belong to him. JMO

Unreal attire! He's still under medical watch in VA. Wonder if drug related or just manipulation on his part?

Do we have anything that shows that JE met Tina before he knew BS?
I feel from the MS timeline that it seems possible that he and BS were communicating and had a friendship before he linked up with her mom.
Yes, friends I have who can see their pages being "friends" with them said that seems to be the case. The posting back and forth started before the mom. I have mutual friends with the , but that's normal for fb or ms when you live in the same area.

I have to admit that I've not seen every post on every page here re: Brittany so I'm asking...has anyone posted the application for an order of protection that his wife filed in Alabama in Aug, 2008? He allegedly pulled a gun on her and threatened to kill her? She claimed he was 'very controlling'. It, and a petition for divorce and child support, are posted on another forum website...don't want to steal from another site! Can I post a link from another forum site? His former wife claimed that after he shot himself in the foot and hand, he was kept in a psychiatric unit for awhile, that he'd had problems for years and had been physically and emotionally abusive in the past. The divorce and child support papers were sent to him in Rocky Mount, VA.

He's a real piece of work! Claimed his wife made $30K more than he did, wanted him to be a house-husband/baby-sitter. His earnings were pitiful...he must have mowed lawns as his 'landscaping' work. He claims to have a son by another woman and at least one daughter (maybe 2...it was unclear to me) by the wife filing for the restraining/protective order. I think he's a bit intellectually disabled...in addition to being a violent predator. Total loser. Sort of sad...not that I'm taking up for him at all...but he's probably been trouble from Day 1.

Do we know anything about JE before this?
Like where did he live before sponging off of TS???

I was curious as to where he lived before he moved in with TS and BS as well. I have a couple of friends who he added to MySpace. One said he added her about a year ago because he new to the area and looking for work ; so that alone, makes me believe he was here, but where ?!

Yeah, I believe the<modsnip> clerk had been following the story and wanted to play into what people were gossiping about. I don't like that store anyway, they jack their prices up.

Yes, friends I have who can see their pages being "friends" with them said that seems to be the case. The posting back and forth started before the mom. I have mutual friends with the , but that's normal for fb or ms when you live in the same area.

Welcome JdeerG!:woohoo:

In VA, I have been married twice and never once asked for my ID. My second has been awhile, but my first, I was 19. I could have been 16 by the time they figured it out if they even checked!!

One article said someone tried to get money (unsuccessfully) from TS's account at a Salem Bank around the same time JE and BS were seen on video at Walmart.

I do believe JE would've wanted to buy meth to stay awake for the drive to CA and sent AM or a 3rd party to the ATM while he and BS went to Walmart. Since they weren't successful at the ATM machine, JE could have told AM there were valuable items at TS's house (as payment for drugs) and traded cars because AM could fit more items in the SUV.

JE knew he was heading to the West Coast so instead of keeping AM's purple car, he left it in town and took TS's car because he knew he wouldn't need to return that car.

Is there any proof of the sale of the car or did AM just tell LE he bought the red SUV with all TS's items already in it? Any other story would implicate him in JE's crime spree.

JE wouldn't have needed to panhandle if he'd sold his car for thousands of dollars. JMO.

I have to admit that I've not seen every post on every page here re: Brittany so I'm asking...has anyone posted the application for an order of protection that his wife filed in Alabama in Aug, 2008? He allegedly pulled a gun on her and threatened to kill her? She claimed he was 'very controlling'. It, and a petition for divorce and child support, are posted on another forum website...don't want to steal from another site! Can I post a link from another forum site? His former wife claimed that after he shot himself in the foot and hand, he was kept in a psychiatric unit for awhile, that he'd had problems for years and had been physically and emotionally abusive in the past. The divorce and child support papers were sent to him in Rocky Mount, VA.

He's a real piece of work! Claimed his wife made $30K more than he did, wanted him to be a house-husband/baby-sitter. His earnings were pitiful...he must have mowed lawns as his 'landscaping' work. He claims to have a son by another woman and at least one daughter (maybe 2...it was unclear to me) by the wife filing for the restraining/protective order. I think he's a bit intellectually disabled...in addition to being a violent predator. Total loser. Sort of sad...not that I'm taking up for him at all...but he's probably been trouble from Day 1.

i know that there are some sites that cannot be linked ... would contact a mod and ask first... i dont know if its ok to post about je's ex's unless they have been named in msm alread... your paraphrased post is great :)

That's what I suspected.

...(snipped)...
JE wouldn't have needed to panhandle if he'd sold his car for thousands of dollars. JMO.

I agree. But, OTOH, we don't know what he sold it for -- maybe significantly less than it's worth? We don't know all the vehicle specifics, but Edmund's says it's generally worth between $1700 (trade-in) and $2200 (private sale). So if he was in a hurry and desperate to unload it, he may have only gotten $500-$1000...? (Just speculation here and MOO...)

http://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/blazer/2000/tmv-appraise.html

New article this morning...

snipped>>

He was to appear in Roanoke County General District Court at 2 p.m. today to be arraigned on a charge that he abducted Brittany Smith, 12.

McElvy and Jordan McClure, the woman he lives with, bought Easley's red Chevrolet Blazer just before Easley and Brittany left town, the warrant said. The vehicle was parked in front of the Garden City Boulevard duplex on Wednesday.

McElvy's landlord, Charles Chang, said he is seeking to evict McElvy and McClure because they haven't paid December's $550 rent or the water bill.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/270904

Yeah, I believe the low-life clerk had been following the story and wanted to play into what people were gossiping about. I don't like that store anyway, they jack their prices up.

Can you explain why you are calling the clerk a "low-life"?

Thanks,

Hoppy

In VA, I have been married twice and never once asked for my ID. My second has been awhile, but my first, I was 19. I could have been 16 by the time they figured it out if they even checked!!

I'm from VA also and I posted the same as you.. It was funny because at 16 I was at the court with my soon to be husband and mom there.. but very funny that they asked me for no ID just my parents name, highest grade and did I have any college credits and address or where I live.. I didn't even have to show my soc sec card or ID or sort of paper.. I thought what in the world?? that was in 2001 and I got remarried in 2008 and I went through the same process showing nothing at all.. I think VA need to step it up because it shows that anyone can get married without showing much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolibery