West Wind Farm and Spicher's whereabouts on June 4

I'd be interested in knowing whether Terri was familiar with at least the location of the property before that day. If she did visit DeDe there did she...

...just show up and look for DeDe because she knew where to find her? Maybe she sneaked to the area DeDe was working.

...call DeDe from Fred Meyer's and have DeDe direct her to a remote (probably wooded) area of the property along/off Old Germantown Road?

...plan with DeDe to meet on the property at a certain point and time?

Kyron's house is so close to that farm it is shocking. I can't imagine living in the community and at not even knowing about it, at the least!

Kyron's house is so close to that farm it is shocking. I can't imagine living in the community and at not even knowing about it, at the least!

How long would you think it would take to get from the Horman house to the farm?

Or even from the school to the farm?

TIA.

How long would you think it would take to get from the Horman house to the farm?

Or even from the school to the farm?

TIA.

Freefallzzzz would probably be the best person to answer this since she's driven up there a lot and we were visiting as we drove. But I would guess maybe 10 minutes is the answer to both.

Freefallzzzz would probably be the best person to answer this since she's driven up there a lot and we were visiting as we drove. But I would guess maybe 10 minutes is the answer to both.

Thanks, Kimster. Looking at the maps, that's about what I would guesstimate.

Old Germantown Road looks like it's really curvy...and that there's quite a few elevation changes on it. Even if it's only five miles away, it would probably take ten mins to drive if one is careful...

Thanks again.

Thinking of producer Bruce Beresford-Redman and what happened with his wife - can I ask if this lid was movable and a child put in there? I hate the thought (and I still think or hope upon all hope he is alive) but the open minded part of me wonders. It gave me chills. Thanks in advance!

No it was not. The only thing that was around the foundation of that building was a little storage looking thing and we didn't look inside because this whole area was searched. There were search flags everywhere we went.

http://s876.photobucket.com/albums/...ust%202010/?action=view&current=100_1456.jpg&

HUGE THANKS for the pix and all the first hand/local info. It makes things so much easier to understand and "see".

Wasn't Free working on some drive times by actually running the routes? If not, I might be able to do a few. I really wanted to do a reenactment of the drive based on what we know. I was even thinking of doing that on a Friday morning so the traffic would be similar. But Summer would be a tad different than during the school year. We'd have to guess on one or two routes between the two Fred Meyers and then of course we don't know exactly what "rural roads" she was driving on but maybe we could put together a fairly good guess. I'm just not sure I could pull it off right now with my kids being home. Hmmm??????

Thanks, Not at all what I was expecting from the name.

Here is a pic from that slideshow..

WestWind.jpg

I just love this photo...what a view!! I wish we knew what area the Garden Tour was viewing. Wouldn't that say where DDS would likely be working. I would think it would be a pretty specific area and not over in the woods or something. ??

Thanks, Kimster. Looking at the maps, that's about what I would guesstimate.

Old Germantown Road looks like it's really curvy...and that there's quite a few elevation changes on it. Even if it's only five miles away, it would probably take ten mins to drive if one is careful...

Thanks again.

It did say 10 min on Google maps and Free did mention that so far all the map estimates have been pretty right on.

I think Free may have timed them. She was gone for a few days and is back home today so she may weigh in soon. :D

From the beautiful photo, what stood out to be was the HUGE rocks!!!
A little boy could easily be buried shallow grave under a big rock (boulder).
2 people could roll it I am sure...........it gave me chills for some reason!

From the beautiful photo, what stood out to be was the HUGE rocks!!!
A little boy could easily be buried shallow grave under a big rock (boulder).
2 people could roll it I am sure...........it gave me chills for some reason!

There are rocks all over Oregon. Everywhere! I would think that it isn't likely DDS was able to do that in the area pictured since it looks like it is near the residence and where people would be working.

Looking at the terrain all around the Germantown roads, Skyline and Sheltered Nook is chilling. If Kyron is out there somewhere, I have no idea how anyone could find him unless he is on the surface. :(

Just trying to get a feel for the entire property. Kimster please correct my labels if I got that wrong. Also, was the intercom box right at the beginning of the tree lined drive?

975227909_9KUkf-L.jpg

What a beautiful place!

Don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet, but DD's tweet her first day at WW called her work an "edible gardening internship," so I suspect she was assigned to cultivate something edible and not wandering out near the forest.

Does anyone know if searchers searched this entire property, or just searched around the property?

I know the owners have been cooperative but I too have wondered if the entire property was searched thoroughly, and if dogs have been used. If this issue has already been addressed I've missed it. Seems at least possible that a small grave could be hidden in among the plants. :(

I love this thread. I really think we can get somewhere with this because unlike most of the fact, we actually know that DeDe was on this property on that day. It's an undisputed fact. What we don't know is about the missing time, but at least we draw a few conclusions from the property.

AZlawyer said:
Don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet, but DD's tweet her first day at WW called her work an "edible gardening internship," so I suspect she was assigned to cultivate something edible and not wandering out near the forest.
That is a great piece of information.

Okay - so she was working on something "edible" - an herb garden or kitchen garden of some kind. This is a wild place - Kimster mentioned it wasn't fenced, so there are deer probably and other wild animals. It seems to me an edible garden would be up near the house since this wasn't really a farm but a home with alot of gardens around it. They wouldn't put it out along the edges where critters would eat everything.

So where was DeDe "working" on that day when she was out of touch? Something is wrong with that if all the work she had to do was up close to the house.

I've been saying all along that DeDe's story is hinky because of this "40-acre farm" stuff that doesn't fit the actual property.

And it seems obvious now that a car could pull up to the property and DeDe might be able to slip away for a time without others seeing her, especially if they were busy working up the hill. I noticed the trees down along Germantown.

I really love the map below because it is so enlightening! And I love all the pictures and maps people have posted - keep it coming!

Just trying to get a feel for the entire property. Kimster please correct my labels if I got that wrong. Also, was the intercom box right at the beginning of the tree lined drive?

975227909_9KUkf-L.jpg

Yes, it is, but after watching several of those videos I'm now feeling an overwhelming sadness..JMO

:blowkiss: I know how you feel!

I think it's because this whole cheerful issue of gardening and raising healthy food is at odds with the fact that a little boy is missing and we don't even know what he had to eat for breakfast on the day he disappeared - if he had anything at all.

Things are just out of balance - all this love of gardening, planter boxes, internships on farms, body building - all this obsession with certain things but a lack of cooperation in finding a helpless child. Out of whack, if you ask me!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back