When Do You Think The Retrial Will Begin?

When do you think the retrial will begin?

• January

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • February

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • March

Votes: 23 16.9%
  • April

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • 12th of Never

Votes: 63 46.3%

• Total voters
According to Steven Alexander the trial won't begin till mid-February. His post is on the State versus JA facebook page.

Thanks Rose. I wonder if JM plans to start the retrial of Chrisman in January and if so, how will it be completed by mid February? Maybe the prosecutors, defense, and JSS already know a date certain for the CMJA, but haven't released info to the public yet. Okay, so that gives the defense even more time to delay, delay, delay. Steven is awesome for hanging in there. His victim impact statement tore my heart up.

Hi there! Im around.. Nothing big in the fire so I am skirting around the site :)

Good to see you!

Hi Scarlett, yes I am doing the same thing. I read all the posts. I tried to read up on the McStay case. It just boggles my mind so I let it alone.
:seeya:

Thanks Rose. I wonder if JM plans to start the retrial of Chrisman in January and if so, how will it be completed by mid February? Maybe the prosecutors, defense, and JSS already know a date certain for the CMJA, but haven't released info to the public yet. Okay, so that gives the defense even more time to delay, delay, delay. Steven is awesome for hanging in there. His victim impact statement tore my heart up.

Hello Curious :seeya:

It's all a bit confusing right now. I really don't think they have a set date for the trial as yet. The Judge is quite soft or perhaps very cautious in making these decisions. Hopefully we will have a verdict by April 2014. :please:

Hi Scarlett, yes I am doing the same thing. I read all the posts. I tried to read up on the McStay case. It just boggles my mind so I let it alone.
:seeya:

Me too. There are some cases that seem so convaluted sometimes I just need to walk away to the more obvious ones.. :)

I don't like that there will be no cameras but I think that JA will hate that she is not front and center. So that is a PLUS.

Me too. There are some cases that seem so convaluted sometimes I just need to walk away to the more obvious ones.. :)

I don't like that there will be no cameras but I think that JA will hate that she is not front and center. So that is a PLUS.

Some folks are just great sleuths. I am not one of them. But some cases get my attention, such as CMJA and Caley Anthony.

Court TV no longer exists and I hear HLN and CNN will be revamped soon so I don't know how this nation or world will ever be able to have cameras in courtrooms again. Sad really. I like transparency, even if I have to grit my teeth during the grandstanding. Regardless of how many times CMJA smiled for the cameras or studied the jurors, the look on her face when she was found guilty was priceless.

I'm also going to guess it's going to happen when pigs fly, or hell freezes over.

At least they won't allow cameras as you know it's going to be a :trainwreck:

Maybe it'll start the day Jodi tells the truth.

Hmmm...the 4 posters who voted for January may be correct, JM will not be going to retrial with R. Chrisman (plea deal reached, accepted and he plead guilty this morning) so the JA's retrial may move up on the calendar. I'll keep my eyes on the scheduling but jury selection could begin fairly soon. Fingers crossed.

Hmmm...the 4 posters who voted for January may be correct, JM will not be going to retrial with R. Chrisman (plea deal reached, accepted and he plead guilty this morning) so the JA's retrial may move up on the calendar. I'll keep my eyes on the scheduling but jury selection could begin fairly soon. Fingers crossed.

Geevee, technically, the first day of the retrial will begin with jury selection.

With the first trial, jury selection began on December 10, 2012 with the jury seated and opening arguments in early January 2013.

I don't know AZ law in terms of jury summons, but there are logistical considerations. IIRC, the original jury pool is slated to be 400 people. Notice has to go out, time to respond, voir dire and selection.

Would love it if trial did begin in January.

Geevee, technically, the first day of the retrial will begin with jury selection.

With the first trial, jury selection began on December 10, 2012 with the jury seated and opening arguments in early January 2013.

I don't know AZ law in terms of jury summons, but there are logistical considerations. IIRC, the original jury pool is slated to be 400 people. Notice has to go out, time to respond, voir dire and selection.

Would love it if trial did begin in January.

Yes, I would love to see this get going and gotten over with.

Hmmm. . . Gag order?

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 2h

Looks like we have a start date for #jodiarias trial. Travis' brother Steven says mid Feb. Gag order in case. #fox10 pic.twitter.com/RpnNM6gAjF

Yes, I would love to see this get going and gotten over with.

geevee you are cracking me up! I keep seeing your Christmas tree on the State vs. Jodi Arias FB page! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

geevee you are cracking me up! I keep seeing your Christmas tree on the State vs. Jodi Arias FB page! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

My tree (that I filched off google) is on the State FB page? Holy cow. :floorlaugh:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/20131127arias-trial-media-coverage-circus.html
Was wondering if anyone say this yet.
Media coverage on stand after Arias trial ‘circus’

“I think I’d be minimalizing it when I say that the atmosphere was circus-like,” Arias attorney Kirk Nurmi said.

Prosecutor Juan Martinez took issue. “I believe the court ran a very tight ship,” he told Judge Sherry Stephens. “I never saw anything in this courtroom, which is what we’re talking about, that indicated that there was a circus going on and that you were the grand mistress of this circus.”

Federal courts, for the most part, ban all cameras from court proceedings. Arizona courts have progressive rules about accommodating media in courtrooms, and when new camera and media rules go into effect Jan. 1, they will be even more accommodating. The new rules have provisions for multiple cameras and ensure that electronic devices may be used by reporters and spectators in courtrooms.

Whether TV cameras are allowed is up to the judge, and they can be banned if they are disruptive.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/20131127arias-trial-media-coverage-circus.html
Was wondering if anyone say this yet.
Media coverage on stand after Arias trial ‘circus’

“I think I’d be minimalizing it when I say that the atmosphere was circus-like,” Arias attorney Kirk Nurmi said.

Prosecutor Juan Martinez took issue. “I believe the court ran a very tight ship,” he told Judge Sherry Stephens. “I never saw anything in this courtroom, which is what we’re talking about, that indicated that there was a circus going on and that you were the grand mistress of this circus.”

Federal courts, for the most part, ban all cameras from court proceedings. Arizona courts have progressive rules about accommodating media in courtrooms, and when new camera and media rules go into effect Jan. 1, they will be even more accommodating. The new rules have provisions for multiple cameras and ensure that electronic devices may be used by reporters and spectators in courtrooms.

Whether TV cameras are allowed is up to the judge, and they can be banned if they are disruptive.

The real circus was outside of the courtroom. The lynch mob outside when the verdict came down--it was unfortunate. Wow, what a spectacle. It's one thing to be happy that justice worked in this case, but it's another to crowd together outside a courthouse and scream and cheer. But maybe that's just my own personal reaction...

The real circus was outside of the courtroom. The lynch mob outside when the verdict came down--it was unfortunate. Wow, what a spectacle. It's one thing to be happy that justice worked in this case, but it's another to crowd together outside a courthouse and scream and cheer. But maybe that's just my own personal reaction...

Although, I have not watched a lot of trials, I did witness the same reaction after the verdict with the Casey Anthony trial. The verdict for that case of course was not guilty and I can get that people were upset, but the screaming did not help or change it.

If the defense had not made the trial such a circus, it wouldn't have become one, imo. Everything was quiet if not respectful during the prosecution's case, it wasn't until the defense began that things got wild and wooly. They should look inward before casting blame outward.

They really should and I believe the judge has already ruled: Gag order, no camera's in the penalty phase. BUT I feel that the media should challenge this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back