When Do You Think The Retrial Will Begin?

When do you think the retrial will begin?

• January

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • February

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • March

Votes: 23 16.9%
  • April

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • 12th of Never

Votes: 63 46.3%

• Total voters
Judge Sets New Trial Date for Jodi Arias
PHOENIX January 13, 2014 (AP)

Associated Press

A judge has set a March 17 trial date to decide whether Jodi Arias should be sentenced to life in prison or the death penalty.

The 33-year-old Arias was convicted of murder last year, but the jury deadlocked on her punishment. A new penalty phase must be held in which lawyers are expected to bring evidence and call witnesses.

The Maricopa County court system announced the date Monday after a closed-door hearing in the case.

The first trial became an international sensation as it revealed violent and tawdry details about the crime and people followed the case on live video streams. But the judge will limit video in the courtroom for the next trial.

Associated Press

A judge has set a March 17 trial date to decide whether Jodi Arias should be sentenced to life in prison or the death penalty.

The 33-year-old Arias was convicted of murder last year, but the jury deadlocked on her punishment. A new penalty phase must be held in which lawyers are expected to bring evidence and call witnesses.

The Maricopa County court system announced the date Monday after a closed-door hearing in the case.

The first trial became an international sensation as it revealed violent and tawdry details about the crime and people followed the case on live video streams. But the judge will limit video in the courtroom for the next trial.

Yipppppeeeeeee on my birthday. A lucky day to start. Scott Peterson went to San Quentin Death Row, on March 17th 2005.

I want camera's. Finally hopefully Justice 4 Travis and she will get the death penality.:please:

Associated Press

BBM ~ What exactly is "limit" ? Will there be scalpers outside the courthouse this time? :floorlaugh:

BBM ~ What exactly is "limit" ? Will there be scalpers outside the courthouse this time? :floorlaugh:

:waitasec: As there will be no pool video feed, perhaps the recording is limited to that done surreptitiously in violation of her order. :hand: :worms: :silenced:

I wonder if that means it will not be in live time. But released after trial is over for the day or even entirety??

They are allowing cameras in for shows like dateline and 48 hours to eventually show just clips of trial in their future shows. Scarlett got me thinking...

Associated Press

I read they'll start selecting the jury on Mar 17th but the trial won't begin until sometime in early April.

I read they'll start selecting the jury on Mar 17th but the trial won't begin until sometime in early April.

Pure guesswork; I'll be quite surprised if jury selection starts on March 17.

I've seen the way the Arias Defense Team runs JSKS' courtroom and calendar.

With this judge, it's always later rather than sooner.

Pure guesswork; I'll be quite surprised if jury selection starts on March 17.

I've seen the way the Arias Defense Team runs JSKS' courtroom and calendar.

With this judge, it's always later rather than sooner.

Pure guesswork on my part too; you've nailed it. When this judge delays, she doesn't delay by few days, she delays by weeks and months. I guess the Arizona State prison will not see the improvements implemented by Jodi until much much later. Those prisoners may have to wait until 2015 before they can recycle, join book clubs, learn proper English and Spanish, donate their hair, fight against domestic violence, and do other activities Jodi may decide once she gets there.

One of my new year's resolution is to become less cynical but I'm failing big time.

Pure guesswork on my part too; you've nailed it. When this judge delays, she doesn't delay by few days, she delays by weeks and months. I guess the Arizona State prison will not see the improvements implemented by Jodi until much much later. Those prisoners may have to wait until 2015 before they can recycle, join book clubs, learn proper English and Spanish, donate their hair, fight against domestic violence, and do other activities Jodi may decide once she gets there.

One of my new year's resolution is to become less cynical but I'm failing big time.

Alas, poor St. Jodi of Arias, we knew ye well.

:tantrum: So there will be no cameras ?

I was looking forward to seeing Juan back in action !

:seeya:

I know this has been answered,but I forgot the answers or missed reading the replies.

Just who presents all the previous trial information....do witnesses testify all over again, and elaborate more, or have defense ask more questions.....does FJA get up and testify again for days, or do the lawyers do all the presenting?

Also does FJA wear prison garb since she has been convicted...like other accused inmates have is the past or does she get special treatment? With it not being televised she should wear prison garb IMO.

Thanks everyone.

Hello All...

LTNS or thread? ;) Looks like we are where we were 6 months ago urgh!!!

My question is.. If no camera pool feeds added that I also heard passing snippet on my Fox I think it was Troy Hayden?? That no cameras, text'n, smart phones any social media access in court room and I even think that only media and family in courtroom...

If this is truly the case.. Does anyone know if Katy will be going with family and possibly provide an observation thread if we are in a media black out?

This judge is just being extremely careful. But if jury selection starts on March 17, I'm guessing the trial itself might start a month or so later. The retrial of the sentencing phase will run into the summer, no doubt--and maybe through it if it lasts three months or so.

Hi all!! Long time! I don't think I've posted since the verdict to be honest. I was sort of at a loss after that.

Hope all is well with everyone! Let's pray that this.....person....gets the death sentence. Too bad they couldn't have tried the "new cocktail" of DP drug from Ohio on her. Her suffering would have be warranted.

It seams like this case as went on and on why can't they get this over with and let the Alexander family try to piece their lives back together I know it will take them a long time but at less they could start to try and go on with their lives

It seams like this case as went on and on why can't they get this over with and let the Alexander family try to piece their lives back together I know it will take them a long time but at less they could start to try and go on with their lives

Technically they are the reason it is not over. They want her to get death and so while it is not their decision alone, they want this to happen. They are willing to wait to see if she can get death.

I don't think anything will ever ease their pain or loss. They won't get past this. They won't heal, They will just learn to live with the huge loss.

Hi all!! Long time! I don't think I've posted since the verdict to be honest. I was sort of at a loss after that.

Hope all is well with everyone! Let's pray that this.....person....gets the death sentence. Too bad they couldn't have tried the "new cocktail" of DP drug from Ohio on her. Her suffering would have be warranted.

Hi Lulu... funny I can't on today for first time since right after verdict must be in the air ;)

Next activity on JSKS' Court Calendar:

Case #CR2008-031021 1/28/2014 8:30 Oral Argument

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BJarv