ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think she will drop this appeal if her probation ends before they hear it? That thought just occurred to me.

Not sure why she would. The appeal is on the lying conviction and the probation is on the felony check conviction. She doesn't have to hang around for her attorneys to handle the appeal filing. I don't think it involves court appearances, it's just written legal briefs. Unless they do something different in Florida on the way appeals are handled.

IMO

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-anthony-appeal-delays-20120125,0,57464.story
More than six months after Casey Anthony's attorneys filed notice they intend to appeal her criminal convictions, they have yet to submit an initial brief laying out the substance of her legal challenge.

If they haven't filed, how can she be under the umbrella of protection? It has never been filed. There is no appeal.

And if Florida wants to continue this silly game, I would think that ZG should be able to wait it out with her. It is a darn shame, that FCA's attorneys can get away with this. Heck, I'm still stunned they could destroy a human being on national tv and not suffer the consequences. Baez is still strutting around. And mason's finger is ready for his next event. Perry wasn't as tough as we thought but those poor people who made faces or gestures have done time in jail.

It totally pizzas me off..

Not sure why she would. The appeal is on the lying conviction and the probation is on the felony check conviction. She doesn't have to hang around for her attorneys to handle the appeal filing. I don't think it involves court appearances, it's just written legal briefs. Unless they do something different in Florida on the way appeals are handled.

IMO

:doh: Sorry, LOL. My question doesn't make sense at all! I didn't go back and proofread it, and it is not what I thought I posted. Trying again......

Do you think she will drop the criminal appeal (and skip out of town) when the civil suits and probation are over?

Thanks for figuring my question out and answering it anyway!! I think she will try to skip out of the country.....but can she get a passport, would she be really free to travel anywhere?

:doh: Sorry, LOL. My question doesn't make sense at all! I didn't go back and proofread it, and it is not what I thought I posted. Trying again......

Do you think she will drop the criminal appeal (and skip out of town) when the civil suits and probation are over?

Thanks for figuring my question out and answering it anyway!! I think she will try to skip out of the country.....but can she get a passport, would she be really free to travel anywhere?

Off probation or not - still a felon. Not getting into the true North, strong and free...:great:

If they haven't filed, how can she be under the umbrella of protection? It has never been filed. There is no appeal.

And if Florida wants to continue this silly game, I would think that ZG should be able to wait it out with her. It is a darn shame, that FCA's attorneys can get away with this. Heck, I'm still stunned they could destroy a human being on national tv and not suffer the consequences. Baez is still strutting around. And mason's finger is ready for his next event. Perry wasn't as tough as we thought but those poor people who made faces or gestures have done time in jail.

It totally pizzas me off..

The appeal has been filed. Casey's brief is due mid-February--30 days from when the trial court record was served, which was only about a week ago. Sorry I don't have the dates at hand.

ETA: I think this whole confusion about the appeal started because the media reported that Casey had filed a notice of "intent" to appeal. They don't know what they're talking about--that was the notice of appeal.

Did I read here that Miss A wants to appeal the felony check charges as well as the misdemeanor lying charges?

If so, isn't it far too late to do that?

My Thanks to OctoberMoon for posting this in the Current News Thread.

Great to see "Bill S. is back" making sense of this mess!....The way he puts it it all sounds good.....

The absolutely best thing about the link to the story....is that when you get there the news station has a picture of "Casey Anthony 2011" WHICH IS A SCREEN CAPTURE FROM HER LEAKED VIDEO. HORRIBLE HAIR AND ALL. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Wasn't sure what thread this should post on.

http://199.242.69.70/pls/ds/ds_docke...&psSearchType=
Case Docket
Case Number: 5D11-2357
Final Criminal Judgment and Sentence Notice from Orange County

CASEY MARIE ANTHONY vs. STATE OF FLORIDA
02/01/2012 Motion Extension of Time Supplemental ROA Appellant

...she's going to EOT (plead for extension of time) till the END of Time in order to avoid depos in her civil cases - imho

Actually, RDW - I think that is EXACTLY what all this rigamarole is trying to prevent. If she testifies, she will lie - and then where will they be?

Perjury is perfectly fine in Florida so she's safe from any consequences in that regard.

She will treat the hearings like Lindsay Lohan---a walk down the red carpet. She is probably planning her wardrobe as I type. There will be plenty of looney FCA supporters to welcome her at the court house. It will be a dream come true for FCA.

IMO

True. This whole thing is her Oscar and Academy Award ceremony in her mind.

Casey Anthony team objects to release of audio recordings

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-video-diary-audio-20120208,0,1564615.story

Casey Anthony's legal team has filed a formal objection to the request by attorneys for Zenaida Gonzalez to produce the "audio recordings" mentioned in Anthony's video diary.

Her attorneys object to the request because it "is vague, confusing, over broad, irrelevant, unduly burdensome, intended to harass, not reasonably calculated to lead to the discovery of admissible evidence, an invasion of privacy, and seeks confidential and/or otherwise privileged information."

The objection notes that Anthony again asserts her privilege against self incrimination.

The objection was filed by her attorneys with the court Tuesday in the defamation case.

This is a developing story. Check back later for updates.

Can she assert the fifth on this when she mentioned these recordings in her videos that are out? I hope the judge can force her hand on this one. I will be so mad if she really believes Casey was hacked. Sheesh.

And how interesting that they don't seem to mind the videos, they just don't want the audio recordings mentioned in the video released. What the heck?

Can she assert the fifth on this when she mentioned these recordings in her videos that are out? I hope the judge can force her hand on this one. I will be so mad if she really believes Casey was hacked. Sheesh.

And how interesting that they don't seem to mind the videos, they just don't want the audio recordings mentioned in the video released. What the heck?

I don't think she would have to assert her fifth amendment rights on this one. The attorneys asking for them are going to have to show exactly why they want them released. I'm not a lawyer, but I really don't understand the basis for asking for them. I mean, I'm ok that they did because I'm sure it pizzed KC off! ;) I'm just not sure they have a real standing to obtain access to these unknown recordings when they have filed for defamation during the criminal case. Unless, they have been told by someone that she mentions ZFG in the recordings! Oooooh! That's a thought! Lol! Anything to chap KC's hide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back