ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike DeForest @MikeDeForest6

@mikedeforest6

Gonzalez's attorneys doubt jury should be sequestered. #CaseyAnthony team unsure yet. Judge unfamiliar with any sequestered civil jury.

Why in the heck would you ever sequester a jury in a civil trial? :rolleyes:

I don't think she would have to assert her fifth amendment rights on this one. The attorneys asking for them are going to have to show exactly why they want them released. I'm not a lawyer, but I really don't understand the basis for asking for them. I mean, I'm ok that they did because I'm sure it pizzed KC off! ;) I'm just not sure they have a real standing to obtain access to these unknown recordings when they have filed for defamation during the criminal case. Unless, they have been told by someone that she mentions ZFG in the recordings! Oooooh! That's a thought! Lol! Anything to chap KC's hide!

BRBM

Me thinks that is Morgan's thinking too. Anything to pizz Miss. A off.

I think (IMO) a jury trial is what Morgan shines in.

I would pay to watch it.:what:

Do we know if they are going to televise/stream the civil trial?

Do we know if they are going to televise/stream the civil trial?

we dont "know" but I'll bet you a dozen doughnuts that this judge absolutely wont allow that, it could stress her precious OCA and we couldnt be having that.

Can someone tell me the best outcome for ZG? What are the damages they are seeking? Could CA serve time too?

I can't remember where I read it, but in sessions is apparently going to provide the pool feed for the civil trial.

Tweet from MM:

Matt Morgan @MattMorganESQ

Just filed a motion requiring Defense Counsel to Provide Plaintiff's Counsel with #Caseyanthony 's Address or Accept Service of Process.

I understand why KC's attorney is arguing that KC did not mean this particular Zenaida. It's really the only argument they have in this case.

I just cannot see why it matters whether KC was by her words not pointing directly at this particular Zenaida. What matters is how others interpreted KC's words and whether they viewed this particular Zenaida negatively because of her name. It just seems it should not matter in the least that her middle name is not Fernandez. It seems to me that all that matters is whether or not she was harmed in a defamatory way. And by what I have seen, she was. She was harmed by others' perception of her at the time, all due to KC's name dropping.

Just throwing this out there since I have read where the attorney is saying mistaken identity cannot defame. Clearly it can, as it did in this case.

I understand why KC's attorney is arguing that KC did not mean this particular Zenaida. It's really the only argument they have in this case.

I just cannot see why it matters whether KC was by her words not pointing directly at this particular Zenaida. What matters is how others interpreted KC's words and whether they viewed this particular Zenaida negatively because of her name. It just seems it should not matter in the least that her middle name is not Fernandez. It seems to me that all that matters is whether or not she was harmed in a defamatory way. And by what I have seen, she was. She was harmed by others' perception of her at the time, all due to KC's name dropping.

Just throwing this out there since I have read where the attorney is saying mistaken identity cannot defame. Clearly it can, as it did in this case.

And I think the worst part for KC was that when she could have cleared "that woman from Kissimmee" she refused to do so telling her mother to tell the media she had not seen ZG's picture. That shows KC was vicious in her intent to blame someone else. jmo

And I think the worst part for KC was that when she could have cleared "that woman from Kissimmee" she refused to do so telling her mother to tell the media she had not seen ZG's picture. That shows KC was vicious in her intent to blame someone else. jmo

And that she could care less that "this" Zenaida Gonzales' world was being turned upside down based on her lies. As long as it took attention away from her, for even one minute, Casey didn't care who was being harmed. Even in the letters between Dominic Casey and that Luke guy... they were still looking into "this" Zenaida Gonzalez... and no doubt it was based on Casey's secret letters to Cindy.

And that she could care less that "this" Zenaida Gonzales' world was being turned upside down based on her lies. As long as it took attention away from her, for even one minute, Casey didn't care who was being harmed. Even in the letters between Dominic Casey and that Luke guy... they were still looking into "this" Zenaida Gonzalez... and no doubt it was based on Casey's secret letters to Cindy.

This brings a question to mind. Was it legal for JB to pass letters between fca and ca in order to keep them secret? I can accept that info between it and jb would be privileged, but this appeared to be a way to thwart the system. Would the bar be interested in this activity?

Casey Anthony home-address hearing set

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-address-hearing-20120217,0,4639074.story

A hearing date has beenset in late March to discuss the request by Zenaida Gonzalez's attorneys to get Casey Anthony's home address.

The hearing is set at 1:30 p.m. March 23. It will cover the Gonzalez motion to require Anthony's defense to provide her address for a subpoena or, in the alternative, to accept the subpoena on her behalf.

But the hearing also will cover other outstanding issues including Gonzalez's motion for partial summary judgment and Anthony's motion to compel discovery.

Well, this could be interesting. Would it be made public (under the Sunshine law)? (doubtful)

Casey Anthony home-address hearing set

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-address-hearing-20120217,0,4639074.story

A hearing date has beenset in late March to discuss the request by Zenaida Gonzalez's attorneys to get Casey Anthony's home address.

The hearing is set at 1:30 p.m. March 23. It will cover the Gonzalez motion to require Anthony's defense to provide her address for a subpoena or, in the alternative, to accept the subpoena on her behalf.

But the hearing also will cover other outstanding issues including Gonzalez's motion for partial summary judgment and Anthony's motion to compel discovery.

Meanwhile, the Gonzalez team also filed an exhibit list that includes:

•all police reports regarding the subject of the lawsuit.

•photos, films and videos of Anthony.

•videos from the Orange County Jail regarding Anthony.

•audio and visual recordings of statements Anthony gave law enforcement.

• medical records and reports of Dr. Jeff Danziger and Dr. William Weitz, the mental health experts who evaluated Anthony -- and who Anthony told her father was responsible for her daughter's death.

• depositions of various witnesses associated with the case.

• video released to radaronline.com

• an interview of Zenaida Gonzalez by TV reporter Michelle Meredith.

• photos of Anthony dancing at "various night clubs."

• an interview of Cindy Anthony, regarding conversations with her daughter about Gonzalez.

Can someone tell me the best outcome for ZG? What are the damages they are seeking? Could CA serve time too?

She is asking for $15K but that's without punitive damages...
I hope she wins FCA's income for the foreseeable future.

Anyone else think another assassination attempt is going to happen soon? :innocent: I mean, poor Casey, her life is just SO MUCH in danger! I bet Munyon rules that the supoena goes to her lawyers, just watch.
It seems that her attorneys would have to accept it FOR HER...and remember, they don't want her having to show up.

Oh, and let us all remember that the standard of proof in civil cases is by the preponderance of the evidence, much easier than beyond a reasonable doubt. Please pardon if this has already been mentioned.

At least in this civil trial, the jury only has to rule on the preponderance of the evidence and not beyond a reasonable doubt. Much lower standard, which is why OJ was found guilty in his civil trial for wrongful death. And we know what THAT eventually led to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member