Zodiac Killer

There was an interview on the BBC world News Hour by Julian Marshall with Gary L Stewart in the last couple of days - I cannot find it to link to though :banghead:

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...ational-new-book/story-fnh81jut-1226917598705

The Comparison Picture

picture.php

There were a few possible faked or unconfirmed Zodiac letters, but the majority of them were 100% actual,legitimate Zodiac letters, verified as such by professionally trained document examiners. I don't disagree with you about the Author failing to fully investigate, and rushing to write the book without examining the full details

Facts don't sell books. JMO

Not that I know of.
That is one of the reasons his identity hasn't been confirmed. No DNA in any database to match him to any of the evidence.

I'll have to check, but I think they do in fact have DNA, but the guy with the hood was Zodiac's step son and I don't think Zodiac had any kids. They probably won't exhume his parents to check.

There was an interview on the BBC world News Hour by Julian Marshall with Gary L Stewart in the last couple of days - I cannot find it to link to though :banghead:

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...ational-new-book/story-fnh81jut-1226917598705

The Comparison Picture

picture.php

Those don't look anything alike to me. JMO

My money is on the hood guy.

The hood guy is Dennis Kaufman's late stepfather, Jack Tarrance. Dennis is a huge fraud, a laughingstock, low-level criminal out of Sacramento. Totally debunked, especially when he and his "expert" handwriting analyst, Nanette Bardo, went on to connect Tarrance to the Black Dahlia, Lipstick Killer, murderer of Jon-Benet Ramsey, ad nauseam.

I downloaded the book by Stewart on kindle and plan to read it this week. I noticed in MSM that Stewart has some compelling evidence but has yet to produce it, although he claimed he gave his DNA to the SFPD 12 years ago. If the evidence positively points to Best, then I will reconsider my opinion. Until then, I remain a skeptic.

There is not a viable DNA sample of the Zodiac (ABC's 20/20 tracked the alleged DNA sample down years ago). Alas, what was obtained doesn't have enough markers. SFPD was able to rule out Arthur Leigh Allen,who always seemed the obvious perp.

I grew up close to the areas of Zodiac's stomping grounds. While it was quite the news in the Bay Area (especially Zodiac's letters to the SF Chronicle), I was a teen and did not take the "boogeyman" all that seriously.

Amazing all these years later Zodiac's true identity remains a mystery. I doubt we will ever get a definitive answer as to who he was -- but what a legend he became, and continues to fascinate 40+ years later.

If nothing else, the book is getting people talking about the elusive killer again. It always happens when someone claims "Zodiac was my father."

Perhaps this book is the kickoff of the half centenary.

The 'writing expert' that declared the Author's Father also wrote the Zodiac letters, and is therefore The Zodiac, also released a book of his own to coincide with Stewart's book. I find that troubling.

The expert supposedly only used one document to make the link in writing. Most writing experts would never call somebody zodiac based on one writing sample, they usually would want multiple pages of samples, and they would want them to be as close to original copies as possible, instead of 3rd or 4th generation copies.

This is going to turn out to go nowheres quick, and a year from now, the case will still be unsolved. In the meantime, the Author, the writing Expert, and the publishing companies,all make a few $$$

They kept this quiet and under wraps, and bombarded the airwaves,and the internet all at once in a massive PR strike. Their planning worked, they are all over the place, tv,radio, newspapers,magazines,etc...forget the fact that this Guy likely is not zodiac.

Most police need DNA or PRINT evidence to close a case like this. A writing match may be helpful, but is not as solid. I am working on getting more writing samples of Earl V Best Jr

Until the SFPD or any of the other involved LE agencies confirm that irrefutable proof shows the identity of The Zodiac, I am taking this latest chapter as another wanna-be "The Zodiac was my father" scam. Sorry, but 40-plus years later -- even those agencies that investigated the crimes and some of the best minds -- haven't cracked this mystery.

I applaud the author for getting a big name publisher and keeping the book under wraps until its publication, and who is now making the media rounds. In fact, tomorrow he will be on an SF radio talk show in person. Right where it all started (the station Jim Dunbar along with Melvin Belli tried to get The Zodiac to call in during October 1969). I can't wait.

Reading it now, fascinating and I believe this account on all levels... It hits all the right markers, especially the motivation , the victims , the relationship with the press...

Can't put it down...bye!

Reading it now, fascinating and I believe this account on all levels... It hits all the right markers, especially the motivation , the victims , the relationship with the press...

Can't put it down...bye!

I am 70% through the Kindle book. Agreed -- very interesting book that I haven't put down since noon today.

That being said, so far I haven't read anything that is a smoking gun or unknown clue. And until the SFPD, et al. declares officially even a partial DNA or fingerprint match (from Stine's cab?), then I will continue with my long-held skepticism.

I still hold out hope that the Zodiac's identity will be revealed in my lifetime, but don't see it being EVB, Jr.

Can't put it down...bye!

Just curious, what's the motivation??

I finished the book last night and found it to be a very good autobiography of a son in search of his birth father. But was he the Zodiac? I didn't find anything convincing, and like Morf wrote above, what was the motivation? EVB may have been a dirtbag, but it's a jump that he was the Zodiac, IMHO.

Until and unless the 4-marker DNA sample matches Stewart's DNA, I am not convinced.

It appears the PR around the book is stronger than the contents pointing to the EVB connection. Again, the book as an autobiography was so good I couldn't put it down, but that wasn't because of the alleged Zodiac connection.

Best was ridiculed in the press to sound like a greasy old pedophile in the Ice cream romance stories. He was angry that he lost his fight for Judith, and much like Bundy, sought to obliterate women who resembled her.

The fact that his name appears in one of the coded messages is enough for me... I disagree that there is no evidence. MOO

Further, I think Best is enough of an egomaniac and psychopath to carry on his violence simply for the literary attention,

Also the delusion that he is playing a fun game with the cops where he always gets to be the winner...and he gets to humiliate them.

I also like the aspect of Bests unusual background...hyper religious, Japanese and German, military code aspect...all very compelling..all fits.

You just described the Zodiac!

Seriously, EVB was one sickos, no doubt. And had a horrid past.

But the description of the Zodiac from several credible witnesses stated he was "beefy" and 5'10 -5'11 and had a lumbering walk. No amount of clothing would bulk someone up to look more than 40 pounds heavier, but I could be wrong.

I hope the DNA is compared, and this can be put to rest.

Yes - I totally bought the guy with the squirrels for the zodiac...the guy who was a graceful diver, but was a lunk just waking down the street...

He died and I totally thought it was him...this guy EVB though, even the handwriting and the uncanny relationship to the papers... It's all a perfect fit...

His name is in the coded message...

The whole of all intelligence could not crack this, and yet..here is Bests full name. Just like that...you can't make this up.

And the motivation? He believes these dead girls who look like Judith will be his slaves in the afterlife, he is collecting souls.

He owns these victims.

Seriously, I can't believe how many pois there are...I guess I can understand the eye rolls and scepticism. Just looking over the whole zodiac forum for a moment...time to catch up.

Steely...the dude is a convicted forger ...had a teenage obsession with the Mikado...

It's worth a read, I would skip the introduction...it's very well written...

It's a shame people not well versed in the Zodiac case, will be fooled by this book and its' 'promise'.

The fact is, anybody that knows the details of this case, and background of it, and has studied it, knows that this book is pure BS.

This is not the first, or even 2nd time, that somebody has accused their Daddy of being Zodiac. Its happened a few times before, yet the case is still unsolved, simply because those people that made those accusations were wrong. The same goes with this newest claim.

The shame is that people will waste money on this book, despite people very knowledgeable in the case saying it's pure BS. I and others have been telling people for a week now, don't waste your $$ but word of mouth, message board posts, CNN, radio,etc is causing this book to get undeserved attention and publicity.

It's pretty good pure bs then...interested in knowing more about the naysayers and what they know..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back