IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’d be a good time for Alathea, our VI legal-beagle to stop by and respond to some of your comments because I think you’ve got it sort of backward. The onus is never on the defense to prove their client innocence. Reasonable doubt can be created just by poking holes in the prosecutions case, without an alternate theory. Jurors are instructed to form an opinion based on the evidence only, not prosecution’s or defence theories.

But, that's not how Perry Mason did it! But, yeah, you right!

Last edited:
I noted very likely that scenario. Creeped me out thoroughly.

I am sure it has happened, but given CR's education level, and given the fact that English is not his first language, along with the unlikelihood that the trailer he lived in had great internet connections, I think the odds that he ever checked into this site are slim. JMO

They didn't stop these people:
package thieves try to steal - YouTube

I have 4 IP cameras that record to dvr. Two of my neighbors also have cameras but I had never noticed them before a couple of weeks ago. One house looks like they installed them awhile ago and the other fairly recently but for some reason they just blend in. On mine it has a blue light shining right at you so impossible to not notice.
have you viewed any of the footage from your camera? seems like every time the news has an image from a gas station camera it is hard to identify anyone. the images always seem so fuzzy. I was hoping that resolution has gotten better and you can actually recognize people now. I definitely am glad the people on Mollie's jogging route had them.

Hasn't the Judge in that case said he believes Caylee died of an accidental dose of chloroform? If he had doubt about it, I'm not surprised the jury did, either. I think the jury found it plausible because there was an uncovered and not fenced pool in the backyard that the child could have accessed.
That's the only evidence that Caylee accidentally drowned in the pool. That it was there. Ridiculous. But it worked.

Excellent point! What’s the connection between his seeing the earbud and then remembering he put her in the trunk? The only thing I can think of is at this point, LE had enough to lay murder #1 charges and limited the information written on the arrest warrant, prior to further questioning.

“He noticed there was an ear piece from headphones in his lap and that is how he realized he put her in the trunk”.
http://www.dps.state.ia.us/commis/p...-2018_DCI_ArrestWarrantComplaintAffidavit.pdf
Again, I think it was simply because it was convenient to his story. He knew they were going to find evidence in the trunk and they must have found the earbud.

The percentage of the defendant's assets or the person paying the bill?

Who ever is going to guarantee legal fees and costs. A private attorney doesn’t care who is paying as long as they can guarantee through assets he will be paid. It a family situation possibly the entire family can combine assets and satisfy attorney fees. Imo

I don't know what a Defense team would hope to gain by introducing such a ridiculous SODDI theory.
I don't think that story would fall under the "reasonable doubt" instruction. I wouldn't even believe it and I have been known to believe some whoppers.

well, it makes sense that they needed people home to be available to answer questions.
Yes it does, if people weren't home, they could drop a calling card through the letterbox, saying 'could you kindly give LE a call'.

Who ever is going to guarantee legal fees and costs. A private attorney doesn’t care who is paying as long as they can guarantee through assets he will be paid. It a family situation possibly the entire family can combine assets and satisfy attorney fees. Imo
Or maybe not ask for anything at all.

That's why I'm curious about any payments made to these lawyers. JMO

Yes, lol

I just can’t put it in the right words or meaning

If the last thing he told LE was she threatened to call 911, he got mad and blocked out there, were he encountered her jogging.

So he supposedly comes to with her earbud on his lap, which is so bizarre in itself, and his first inclination is she’s in the trunk, not jeez I hope she didn’t call 911 or I hope I didn’t hurt her in my block out.

So then he does a u-turn looking for a spot to leave her body that he doesn’t even remember putting in a trunk

So, unless we are missing a whole section of confession that he pulled over and checked his trunk, he had left the scene of the initial encounter and was driving to a spot to dispose of a body he had no idea was in his truck.
Right! I was focused on that bit about the earbud at first as well. Like he suddenly came to, saw the earbud and thought , " hmmm, where did that come from? Better check the trunk to see if I put a dead body in there!

But, that's not how Perry Mason did it! But, yeah, you right!

Let's hope the defense attorneys perform like Hamilton Berger.

From link referenced below:

Burger is one of literature's least successful district attorneys, and critics have suggested that he must have been the most incompetent lawyer in history, although his record against defense attorneys other than Mason is unknown.

Hamilton Burger - Wikipedia

Or maybe not ask for anything at all.

That's why I'm curious about any payments made to these lawyers. JMO
Sure these attorneys can dig into their pockets and pay for costs. These attorneys are not going to truthfully say who hired them. IMO that’s a major liability to whoever on the outside may pay the costs. I sure would not want anyone to know I was paying the bill for CR. No way. There may be some type of disclosure statement an attorney files with the Court on who retained him. I have no clue on that we need an Attorneys answer.

I am sure it has happened, but given CR's education level, and given the fact that English is not his first language, along with the unlikelihood that the trailer he lived in had great internet connections, I think the odds that he ever checked into this site are slim. JMO
Probably would hurt his head trying to understand everything.

I have known of 2 people who were on here directly involved in cases, neither were the suspect but their loved ones were victims.

One case that was followed here, which I couldn’t comment on was so far off base from what LE had as fact it was sad to read, the family could not accept the truth as the reality.

Again, I think it was simply because it was convenient to his story. He knew they were going to find evidence in the trunk and they must have found the earbud.
We can’t forget, the only reason he confessed is because he was caught

And even being caught, he’s still playing games, IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members