IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jmo he is not going to testify. And cause of death is not in question, nor is manner of death. So there can’t be any ludicrous stories dreamed up by defense in closing, really.

In Caylee’s case, they could not prove a lot of the things the prosecution alleged and we basically knew to be true, i.e that she was murdered and that Casey and no one else did it. They also were adamant to make it a death penalty issue. The jurors cannot accept the entire blame for the results of that trial, imo. The cases are not similar.

Right! I was focused on that bit about the earbud at first as well. Like he suddenly came to, saw the earbud and thought , " hmmm, where did that come from? Better check the trunk to see if I put a dead body in there!

Right, being. “Good boy and all” that’s his first thought

I would also ask him how many block outs he’s had since he gets them when he’s mad!

LE better be tracing his every move from Mexico to here

O/T but I just read Al's post about this step daughter. I am so sorry for your family. I read a news article about the murder of Ashley and there are no words to describe my feelings. I am so sorry Al.

Back to Mollie. Justice is coming young lady. You deserve justice.
RIP Mollie.

My guess is he pleads guilty
No trial so all speculation left on the table
I’m not certain on this but if he enters a guilty plea doesn’t a judge say something to the effect....

CR you are pleading guilty to murder in the first degree, then explain what the prosecution found leading them to that charge?

We might still hear what he did if he pleads guilty

MOO - Could the other earbud (not the one on his lap) have been found by LE at the initial confrontation site of 385th? When LE presented this to CR during his interview and told him that they knew he was connected to MT’s disappearance due to his car on video did he panic and concoct the earbud on lap story after they asked him where the other one was?

I just can’t really think of another reason he included the earbud on lap story that awoke him from his block out.

Has this been discussed yet the possibility of CR being under the influence of alcohol or drugs??? If yes, just tell me to go back to reading.

I thought the daze (blackout) was a sorry excuse but maybe he had too much substance in his system and really does not remember all the details. No excuse for murdering an innocent person.

MOO - Could the other earbud (not the one on his lap) have been found by LE at the initial confrontation site of 385th? When LE presented this to CR during his interview and told him that they knew he was connected to MT’s disappearance due to his car on video did he panic and concoct the earbud on lap story after they asked him where the other one was?

I just can’t really think of another reason he included the earbud on lap story that awoke him from his block out.

That could be a possibility

The earbud scenario is so strange so it does make a lot of sense thinking of it that way

I think there’s much more to those interviews than the 20 or so lines of type that’s written on the arrest warrant. CR was interviewed for several hours and iirc LE stated he was cooperative.

This is reminding me of going around and around over the ambiguous five circles and what did they mean. LE knows more than we do.

For reference, here's the location of the five circles :)

"There are five highlighted areas on the map featured on the website. The locations include a D&M carwash near Brooklyn’s main commercial area, and a TA truck stop just off the Interstate-80. Another location of interest, 385th Ave, is in the vicinity of Jack’s house."

"The other two highlighted areas are those of buildings on farmland that are only accessible only by dirt road. One area is near Big Bear Creek."

Screen-Shot-2018-08-15-at-12.20.00-PM-600x406.png

Otto has probably already placed the crime scene pins on this map. Hopefully he'll bump it up again.

Map Alert! MOO

LE said during the searches that pig farm was the location of MT's last digital signal. Could that comment have been referencing her Fitbit solely, which possibly ended up only a mile away at the cornfield?

LE's original map haunts me. The lower dot near 430th and 200 I've assumed was a digital signal happening on the way south from the upper red dot at 385 and 200. But why was LE interested in the TA truck stop? If solely for cameras, then why not the Pilot?

If you (and CR) look on google map, from the cornfield back to dairy farm, there are a few options for him to drive, most of which are highways/interstate. If he doesn't have a license, and just committed murder, wouldn't he maybe want to take a less traveled route? If he pulled up a google map, he'd see there are only two roads that go through to V18, which is the road he'd need to go north past TA truck stop and to 400th St where he lives. One is 460th, but the other is 430th.

I'm starting to wonder if the last Fitbit signal they got was near the cornfield, but they got cell hits near 430th and 200, and another near the TA truck stop. His route home, while in possession of her phone. (Each location is exactly 8 minutes apart, btw. I don't know how cell signals work, so that might not matter.)

Anyway, if he left cornfield at 8:28 and went straight home, that would put her cell ping at the TA somewhere around maybe 8:40 - 8:45 (give or take), but if he used time after 8:28 to cover her with corn leaves, maybe clean up somewhere, that would put him there later. Maybe he went through the car wash (Another ping perhaps? Do we know for sure the car wash was on there only because of the cameras? Not sure he would do this.) LE's original time frame was 5-10pm.

Maybe CR gets home around 9:45pm and shuts off the phone before another signal is picked up. LE asked LC if MT was in a house around 9:45pm because the trail went cold at that time?

We know for a fact CR uses google maps, so I highly suspect he used one to get home that night.

Does any of this make sense? Don't hate me for complicating things. :(

Last edited:
O/T but I just read Al's post about this step daughter. I am so sorry for your family. I read a news article about the murder of Ashley and there are no words to describe my feelings. I am so sorry Al.

Back to Mollie. Justice is coming young lady. You deserve justice.
RIP Mollie.

Thanks Kensie.

I think that the State has a very strong case, and that Justice will be served for MT and her family.

So far LE haven't established if others were involved or not; CR was involved; but might be the 'fall guy'; there is so much we don't know; In time hopefully there will be more information forthcoming.
I agree, LE hasn't released to the public if others were involved or not. I also agree we hope there will be more information forthcoming!

We don’t know LE doesn’t know what the weapon was. All we know is LE hasn’t told us one way or another.
I guess I was assuming if they knew they would have said by now. I know they have been issuing search warrants and looking for evidence. I figured that meant they do not have a murder weapon yet.

Jmo he is not going to testify. And cause of death is not in question, nor is manner of death. So there can’t be any ludicrous stories dreamed up by defense in closing, really.

In Caylee’s case, they could not prove a lot of the things the prosecution alleged and we basically knew to be true, i.e that she was murdered and that Casey and no one else did it. They also were adamant to make it a death penalty issue. The jurors cannot accept the entire blame for the results of that trial, imo. The cases are not similar.
I don't believe he will testify either.

So far LE haven't established if others were involved or not; CR was involved; but might be the 'fall guy'; there is so much we don't know; In time hopefully there will be more information forthcoming.
I agree, LE hasn't released to the public if others were involved or not. I also agree we hope there will be more information forthcoming!

I do not believe he had an accomplice, but I am not convinced that there may not be an accessory after the fact, perhaps someone who saw him come back home that night, was told what had happened, and helped him dispose of his bloody clothing, and maybe took possession of Mollie's IPhone and/or FitBit, to either keep or destroy, maybe even helped clean up the car, and then kept quiet. JMO

Map Alert! MOO

LE said during the searches that pig farm was the location of MT's last digital signal. Could that comment have been referencing her Fitbit solely, which possibly ended up only a mile away at the cornfield?

LE's original map haunts me. The lower dot near 430th and 200 I've assumed was a digital signal happening on the way south from the upper red dot at 385 and 200. But why was LE interested in the TA truck stop? If solely for cameras, then why not the Pilot?

If you (and CR) look on google map, from the cornfield back to dairy farm, there are a few options for him to drive, most of which are highways/interstate. If he doesn't have a license, and just committed murder, wouldn't he maybe want to take a less traveled route? If he pulled up a google map, he'd see there are only two roads that go through to V18, which is the road he'd need to go north past TA truck stop and to 400th St where he lives. One is 460th, but the other is 430th.

I'm starting to wonder if the last Fitbit signal they got was near the cornfield, but they got cell hits near 430th and 200, and another near the TA truck stop. His route home, while in possession of her phone. (Each location is exactly 8 minutes apart, btw. I don't know how cell signals work, so that might not matter.)

Anyway, if he left cornfield at 8:28 and went straight home, that would put her cell ping at the TA somewhere around maybe 8:40 - 8:45 (give or take), but if he used time after 8:28 to cover her with corn leaves, maybe clean up somewhere, that would put him there later. Maybe he went through the car wash (Another ping perhaps? Do we know for sure the car wash was on there only because of the cameras?) LE's original time frame was 5-10pm.

Maybe CR gets home around 9:45pm and shuts off the phone before another signal is picked up. LE asked LC if MT was in a house around 9:45pm because the trail went cold at that time?

We know for a fact CR uses google maps, so I highly suspect he used one to get home that night.

Don't hate me for complicating things. :(
I was hoping we would get back to this!! I, for one, would really like to make sense of things and fill in that time gap that's missing from the blocked out memory. Its eating away at me for some reason. I think alot of people have been on the right track. I have some questions about some spots on the map but first I'm going to reread your post and look at a map again.

Not leave them face up because of some sort of feeling of guilt, you mean? ( as if they can't bear to look in their eyes) just asking because I'm curious as I haven't heard that before. If that's the reasoning, maybe there is some reason behind it.
Someone asked if the killer leaving Mollie face up meant anything. I think it's an interesting question because sometimes how victims are found lying or posed can give clues to the mindset of the killer. In this case, I'm not convinced of any significance to how she was lying. There might have been more significance if she was placed face down. The site I looked at discussed a certain type of killer that will not leave his victims face up and the reasoning is discussed in the text. I believe it's a manual about serial killers that someone has typed up on the internet. The credits and source information are on the bottom. There is only one instance of "face up" in the manual, so it can easily be searched by control+F in firefox.
Signature Killers

Has this been discussed yet the possibility of CR being under the influence of alcohol or drugs??? If yes, just tell me to go back to reading.

I thought the daze (blackout) was a sorry excuse but maybe he had too much substance in his system and really does not remember all the details. No excuse for murdering an innocent person.

No mention that I have seen of any substance use in MSM or WS. Yet. MOO

I think that CR's block out is simply an avoidance maneuver that I have seen other Sociopaths and Narcissists use when they don't want to talk about a REALLY big screw up that they are embarrassed about having done or have been caught doing. Something they knew they shouldn't have done, but did anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744