AZ AZ - Chelsea Grimm, 32, traveling from San Diego CA to CT, car found Oct 5 on Forest Rd 6 near Williams, she was last seen in Williams, 28 Sep 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Because most people in the U.S. wear shoes? Especially when they are driving across country. If I saw a barefoot woman picking flowers by a cemetery crying, yeah I'd would think that IS weird. How often do you see that?

My dad was an Vietnam Army vet and he always taught me the importance of taking care of your feet. If your feet get cut/infected or get hurt and you can no longer walk on them, it puts you in an extremely vulnerable position.

I remember during the Petito/Laundrie case they were talking about Brian hiking barefoot and I thought: "what a freaking moron."

How often do people go to cemeteries, though? I would think a crying woman at a cemetery was someone who had a connection to a person in the cemetery and not think anything of it - barefoot or not. I would hope they were finding needed comfort.

And some of us take our shoes off every chance we get (many reasons, I think, but one of mine is foot comfort - I've been doing physical therapy for foot and ankle problems since I was three - all of them are done barefoot, so when I travel, I'm barefoot in any area I can be...in general, that has to be in some natural spot - not on asphalt or concrete or sidewalks).

A cemetery is an okay place to be barefoot, I think. I also have some moccasin-like shoes that allow me to do my foot exercises almost anywhere, but I prefer doing them barefoot as there's one exercise that can only be done with bare toes.

My dad was a WW2 vet and the moccasins were his idea, when we were traveling. I actually got my first pair in Arizona. Now I just wear flip-flops (my parents believed one ought not to drive with flip-flops, but I do it all the time, so far, so good).

I admit you don't see barefoot people in public or by roadsides/cemeteries much, but when I do, I don't think much about it. It's more common here in SoCal than one might think. People who do a lot of camping tend to be more comfortable barefoot in various places.

It's the part about trying to exchange Euros that bothers me. Fugue state? Mania? Severe depression? Disassociation? Other?

IMO

Screenshot from the CBS8 in San Diego report yesterday (I don't think it's been posted here, but apologies if it's a duplicate).

Just thinking out loud here on the timeline... She left San Diego on Sept 24, so it's odd to me she'd still be in Phoenix on the 27th and 28th, unless she had planned a very leisurely trip. You can get from San Diego to Phoenix in 6-7 hours. Video says 3 days later her parents got a call stating she wouldn't be able to make it to Connecticut on time, so I'm assuming that means they got a call on 9/27. Why was she still in Arizona 3 days after leaving CA? Why did she head west on 40 to the cemetery, and then the strange interaction in Seligman is even further west, but that was after she'd told her parents she was no longer supposedly heading east. Who did she meet in Phoenix who may have altered her plans?

1697228132204.png

How often do people go to cemeteries, though? I would think a crying woman at a cemetery was someone who had a connection to a person in the cemetery and not think anything of it - barefoot or not. I would hope they were finding needed comfort.

And some of us take our shoes off every chance we get (many reasons, I think, but one of mine is foot comfort - I've been doing physical therapy for foot and ankle problems since I was three - all of them are done barefoot, so when I travel, I'm barefoot in any area I can be...in general, that has to be in some natural spot - not on asphalt or concrete or sidewalks).

A cemetery is an okay place to be barefoot, I think. I also have some moccasin-like shoes that allow me to do my foot exercises almost anywhere, but I prefer doing them barefoot as there's one exercise that can only be done with bare toes.

My dad was a WW2 vet and the moccasins were his idea, when we were traveling. I actually got my first pair in Arizona. Now I just wear flip-flops (my parents believed one ought not to drive with flip-flops, but I do it all the time, so far, so good).

I admit you don't see barefoot people in public or by roadsides/cemeteries much, but when I do, I don't think much about it. It's more common here in SoCal than one might think. People who do a lot of camping tend to be more comfortable barefoot in various places.

It's the part about trying to exchange Euros that bothers me. Fugue state? Mania? Severe depression? Disassociation? Other?

IMO
I agree that a woman, or man, crying in a cemetery wouldn't trigger any alarms with most people. What I recall reading in the article about the bodycam video of the officer interacting with her is this - clipped from a CBS article posted above:

"The officer says he was responding to a call about suspicious activity at the Williams Cemetery"

So someone reported her, and why? What was she doing, because as you said, walking barefoot isn't suspicious, nor is crying, in a cemetery. She seemed coherent enough in the bodycam footage, but did he search her car? What if someone carjacked her there and was in the backseat and he didn't even realize it?

Several days into her trip, she texted them to say she intended to skip the wedding and spend more time in Arizona, the station said. Then she vanished.

*Today, news articles report texted. Earlier reports say she called. Do we have an exact quote from her parents as to what she said? Idk how many times I’ve had to start again and read this thread all over again.
I’m personally going to believe the parents’ own words with regard to whether they received a call or text from Chelsea about her change of plans. I’ve read many MSM articles with inaccurate information over the years but rarely (ever?) have I seen (seemingly innocent) relatives of a missing person misrepresent their last communication with the MP.

The parents give an interview in a news report linked above and they answer the question. I’m really curious why anyone would believe a printed article rather than what her parents have said on camera.

Screenshot from the CBS8 in San Diego report yesterday (I don't think it's been posted here, but apologies if it's a duplicate).

Just thinking out loud here on the timeline... She left San Diego on Sept 24, so it's odd to me she'd still be in Phoenix on the 27th and 28th, unless she had planned a very leisurely trip. You can get from San Diego to Phoenix in 6-7 hours. Video says 3 days later her parents got a call stating she wouldn't be able to make it to Connecticut on time, so I'm assuming that means they got a call on 9/27. Why was she still in Arizona 3 days after leaving CA? Why did she head west on 40 to the cemetery, and then the strange interaction in Seligman is even further west, but that was after she'd told her parents she was no longer supposedly heading east. Who did she meet in Phoenix who may have altered her plans?

View attachment 453156

<modsnip - comments on social media aren't allowed>

There’s also an upload on her Instagram stories which shows a planned route on satnav, uploaded on the 25th although (ofc bear in mind it might not be FROM that date but let’s assume it probably is for sake of discussion) which shows part of the screen with the following details visible:

Live Oak
towards
Manzanit
Pkway/ O
Hwy 80

My knowledge of the area, US terminology and satnav aren’t good enough to be certain about what I think I’m reading, but even if I just take the Hwy 80 part, that starts in San Francisco which seems an unusual place to be if you’re going from San Diego to Arizona / on to Connecticut. How sure are we that she left on the 24th?

Actually, we really need a timeline. I’ll start pulling one together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chelsea Grimm Timeline
(Using US date format)
CCS - Coconino County Sheriff

09/24/2023 CG leaves her home in San Diego to travel to a wedding in Connecticut [12news]

09/27/2023 last known contact with CG in Phoenix Arizona [CCS updates] CG meets friend for lunch in Phoenix [CBS8]

09/27/2023 CG calls her parents from AZ and says she isn’t going to make it in time for the wedding and will stop and camp for a couple of days in Arizona instead. [12news]

“She said 'I think what I'm going to do is just take a couple of days and camp. And I'll get back to you. Please don't expect to hear from me for a couple of days,'" Janet Grimm said. [12news]

09/28/2023 CG cancels lunch plans with the same friend she’d met the day before [CBS8]

09/28/2023 (no time available) CG reported to be disoriented when she tried to book a motel room in Seligman AZ and tried to “exchange Euros as opposed to US currency” [CBS8]

09/28/2023 (no time available) CG speaks to a Williams resident in their driveway [CBS8]

09/28/2023 20:40 time on bodycam video. LE respond to a call about “suspicious activity at the Williams Cemetery” and finds CG in her car with a bearded dragon. She told him she was emotional after taking photos of veterans graves. He smells marijuana and asks if she’s been smoking, and she says she did a few hours before. Officer says he didn’t feel she was disoriented and leaves her there. [CBS8]

“Driscoll says her phone and credit card activity also stopped” - the reports suggest but don’t specifically say this happened on or around 28th. TBC.

09/30/2023 12:00 noon. A woodcutter spots CG’s car on “that dirt road” [Forest Rd 6] and stopped to talk to her “where she was in a nearby field” She said she was fine, didn’t need help and was out taking photographs. [CBS8]

10/04/2023 CG is reported missing to Phoenix Police by her parents. [CCS updates]

10/05/2023 her vehicle, a white Ford Escape is located by hunters on Kaibab National Forest Road 6 northeast of Ashfork [CCS updates]
“On October 5th, hunters northeast of Ash Fork, Arizona in the Kaibab National Forest reported a suspicious white 2019 Ford Escape with two flat tires parked on a forest service road. They had noticed it two days prior on their journey in, and were surprised to see it still sitting there.” [12news]

Refs

View attachment 453156

My first thought was who did she meet? My other thoughts with the crying, visit at cemetery, telling parents not to expect to hear from her for a few days, and the middle of nowhere made me think she was really, really sad and maybe done with this life. However, the fact she took her lizard and other stuff, feels like she got a ride, or was going to walk for help? What about the last person to see her, aren't they usually investigated?

RSBBM

On October 5th, hunters northeast of Ash Fork, Arizona in the Kaibab National Forest reported a suspicious white 2019 Ford Escape with two flat tires parked on a forest service road. They had noticed it two days prior on their journey in, and were surprised to see it still sitting there.

The car belonged to Chelsea but she was gone.

Her pet was gone. Her wallet with her credit card and debit card, her driver's license was gone. Some clothes, I'm assuming clothes, and a sleeping bag are gone," Janet Grimm said.

"She may have gotten a ride because she was on a road where the car is, or was, a rural dirt road. Not a highway," Stephen Grimm said.

Because most people in the U.S. wear shoes? Especially when they are driving across country. If I saw a barefoot woman picking flowers by a cemetery crying, yeah I'd would think that IS weird. How often do you see that?

My dad was an Vietnam Army vet and he always taught me the importance of taking care of your feet. If your feet get cut/infected or get hurt and you can no longer walk on them, it puts you in an extremely vulnerable position.

I remember during the Petito/Laundrie case they were talking about Brian hiking barefoot and I thought: "what a freaking moron."

many people take their shoes off when stopping on a trip because our feet swell when confined for hours
I take off my shoes any chance I get - I wouldn't hike barefoot but just stopped on the side of the road taking a break I would

IMO

totally agree with all

the one thing I DO find weird is that she cancelled going to the wedding
that's not like cancelling dinner plans ... a wedding invitation is pretty important to most people IMO, especially when you're travelling to attend
that makes me think that she was going through something mentally heavy and just couldn't bring herself to continue

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karen Simmons Guinn
Back