MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly? I am not the proponent of “thin blue line”, just trying to be practical (the famous anarchist armies ended up with own police, so much for police-less society).

Honestly, at this point in time, I can’t even define how wealthy Canton is. Per data, wealthier than my area, but it is hard to process or believe knowing that the biggest employer of Canton is Dunkin’ Donuts. My feeling is, just a blue collar one, no?

So, no sure how “influential family” fares in an 28K blue collar town? But, surely the cops had the chance to check KR’s income or connections when she moved in with JO?

Sometimes I wonder if this case is way more political than we think, and whom it really targets, but I am too far to hear any “local” news.

Anyhow, unprofessional behavior of people like Proctor should have consequences. So should witness intimidation of certain bloggers. By the same token, if we are investigating the connections between BA and MP, should the same be done about AK and KR?
Yes Honestly lol - we could not be further apart in our opinions
I am not sure what wealth has to do with it - thats not the type of influence happening
Its all about connections

That you cannot fathom the depth of "monkey business" going on is not hard to understand
if you have never lived it
JMO

Respectfully, the plausibility of KR finding a new taillight (a specific one for her expensive, foreign car), in the snow storm at 3 am, affixing it or someone doing it for her, is FAR less plausible than evidence being collected in red solo cups.
If you gave me those two possibilities, I’d say solo cups are more plausible. And that says a lot.
Thank you Universecalling! And lest we not forget, IIRC most persons involved in this case (i.e. KR) had been heavily drinking that evening too. Probability of that taillight lens ‘replacement’ having happened shrinks to less than zero. Or if one prefers, allows for considerable reasonable doubt of that having happened.

And as jepop noted in post #301 above on the possibility of the ‘lens’ replacement. IIUC, that Lexus taillight is probably a complete assembly. And has to be removed from the inside of vehicle. After some inside fittings or nuts, etc. are first removed. Not a simple job for most….. even in a nice heated lit garage. Add in cold temperatures and falling snow and difficulty or impracticality rises. MOO

Last edited:
The right call would be to not have the children involved.

Just absurd.
The girl (so sorry to have forgotten her name) spoke with KR the morning in question so I get that but the boy I agree,no reason and agree it's wrong to get them to speak to arguments or what they over heard week before JO died, not material and not ethical and could be emotionally damaging for them if/when kr is found ng. children are not witness to any crime being committed by kr jmo

@FallRiverReport

Good morning. We are here at Norfolk Superior Court for the #KarenRead trial. Today is going to be a very emotional day. I have been told that after Higgins has completed his time on the stand, John O'Keefe's niece and nephew will be called to testify.

The rules surrounding minors testifying are obviously different. From my understanding, there will be no video and no audio of their testimony on the stand today.

It seems as if the only way for the public to know what is asked and answered during their testimony today will be what is reported by those of us in the press box.

We are allowed to share the dialog with you but can not give their names, nor any other personal information.

While we wait for everyone, Karen and her team are here today, minus Jackson, who we knew would not be here today. Karen's family is also here and seated.
Here is what I read earlier about reporters remaining

These poor children.
My heart hurts for them both.

Just saying....Is there any possible way other than to be angry at the world, after what they have been through? And the state puts them on the stand? Just shameless. MOO

Here is what I read earlier about reporters remaining
I believe reporters are in court listening but they cannot take notes on the children's testimony. They can only report after the fact.

I keep reading that JO was in a custody battle with someone for the niece and nephew before he was awarded custody? Was that with his own mother?

I believe reporters are in court listening but they cannot take notes on the children's testimony. They can only report after the fact.

I keep reading that JO was in a custody battle with someone for the niece and nephew before he was awarded custody? Was that with his own mother?
heard it was with the other side of family, but not positive. MO

Thanks, that seems to be the consensus now. I guess we have to rely on reporters' memories. Ugh.

Yes, I believe or heard it was his mother.

No, I believe it was with the children's fathers' family, who also wanted custody. They did agree in the end, and I believe JOK kept the other family involved in the children's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak