MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went back and re-watched the Canton IT guy Louis Jutras, that gave the video of Canton streets to LE. When Lally went to show him the disc to put it into evidence, the guy said something like " This disc with the wording on it? No, I've not seen this ". And then he said, "This is not mine to the Trooper" A sidebar was called quickly, (after much coughing, I might add ) and they were up there for awhile. Upon return, they were able to show the video, with Judge Bev saying, " You both agree that this will be the next exhibit?" Both CW and Defense verbally agreed on record. ( There will be much insinuation made later about the missing portions in the video). Dude claims he gave the Trooper everything. And then Lally gets up there with the " Copy" disc, which probably doesn't show the missing three minutes which would have shown KR driving (with an intact tailight ). Lally shows about 60 seconds total, between the two one hour sections of the disc. Not sure what (we-jury) was supposed to gain from that.

And, I hope the jury heard all that, after being put to sleep earlier by 3 alcohol level experts.

But I want to know, WHERE is the original disc, given to LE in early Feb of 2022?

The suspiciously missing 3 minutes will surely be brought up later, whenever they get Proctor up on the stand. Or, whomever they claim was the master-keeper of evidence.

This missing video footage, plus the Sallyport missing footage will be discussed at greater length I hope. Somebunny surely was hiding/ destroying exculpatory evidence from the defense....and the court. IMO

But would you say the evidence is stacked against the defendant?

I am interested to learn how the LA Riots and the ensuing racial tension is related to John O'keefe's death.
I would say that the whole system is stacked against the Defendant. From the predetermined Police investigation to the Judge.

Last edited:
This missing video footage, plus the Sallyport missing footage will be discussed at greater length I hope. Somebunny surely was hiding/ destroying exculpatory evidence from the defense....and the court. IMO

And his name is Michael Proctor.

I'm hearing some rumblings that Lally isn't going to call him. I'll believe it when it doesn't happen, but can you imagine the CW not calling the lead investigator? I wonder if they know he's going to take the 5th.

The defense is going to destroy him. They could probably even call him first and then just rest.

@TedDanielnews

Higgins says he didn't transfer anything off his phone including photos and videos when he threw his phone/SIM card away in a dumpster on a military base. Higgins says he was cutting through the base at the time

9:23 AM · May 28, 2024
He would need to have be granted military clearance to enter the base. you do not 'cut through the base'. The gate guards are there for a reason.

And his name is Michael Proctor.

I'm hearing some rumblings that Lally isn't going to call him. I'll believe it when it doesn't happen, but can you imagine the CW not calling the lead investigator? I wonder if they know he's going to take the 5th.

The defense is going to destroy him. They could probably even call him first and then just rest.

I’ve heard same but not yet from what I’d consider a no question source. I’ve heard he’s taking the 5th and it’s been noted that at start of trial Bev started referring to him as Co-Lead investigator rather than Lead investigator. I guess we’ll see next week.

Quick copy over of some of my handwritten notes from the testimony of 2 minor children

MINOR 1 (M1) teen boy

-M1 says he witnessed “lots of disagreements and arguments”
-M1 on KR “she was nice sometimes, most of the time”
-M1: ADA Lally asks how KR would act if she was upset, M1 “being ignored, not looking at you”
-M1 says JO and KR argued on FL trip and Aruba trip
-M1 says on the morning of 1/23 when KR came to JO’s house “she looked sad” and was “crying”

M1 asked about screen on KR’s Lexus: “I assume a back-up camera”
-M1 confirms for David Yannetti (DY) that he never saw JO or KR raise a hand to each other in anger

DY says to M1: “I’m so sorry you were made to come here today”

MINOR 2 Teen Girl

-M2 asked about JO and KR’s relationship: “good at the beginning but it was bad at the end”
-M2 remembers fight in Aruba and “yelling in the room”
-Lally asks M2 if KR had access to computer in upstairs room.
M2: “I don’t think the defendant had an account on the computer, but she could go in the room”
-At 4:30 am on 1/29, M2 says “The defendant woke me up at 4:30 in the morning”
-M2 said KR asked her to call Jen McCabe and others. During one call M2 says KR said: “Maybe I had hit him, did I hit him?”

-That morning M2 says KR seemed like she “was on edge” and “I have never seen her that frantic, she was like pacing around”

-Jennifer McCabe “presented to me as relaxed”
-M2 says garage wouldn’t close that morning
-M2 said KR came back to JO’s house after leaving hospital and at some point went upstairs
-M2 said she never saw or spoke to KR after that.
-M2 said KR said, “she felt like she was living in a nightmare and left”
-Defense Attorney Yannetti (DY) said M2 did not mention KR’s “Maybe I had hit him, did I hit him?” statement during 2/2/22 interview at DA’s Office.

DY asks M2 about her conversations with Jennifer McCabe
M2 knows Jennifer McCabe through her daughter and sports teams JM coached.
M2 told DY Jennifer McCabe has not asked her about her testimony.
M2 says neither KR or JO ever raised a hand in anger

Kids should never have been involved, and in my opinion M2 sounds like he was coached.

Kids should never have been involved, and in my opinion M2 sounds like he was coached.
Yes, and seems perhaps both may have been coached a tad IMO? That answer from each IIUC about neither having raised a hand against the other?

Also, IIRC, from testimony earlier today at the end with M1:

“DY says to M1: “I’m so sorry you were made to come here today”

IIUC there might have been an objection to that statement by the prosecution, sustained, and that statement above in bold was perhaps stricken? MOO

Yes, and seems perhaps both may have been coached a tad IMO? That answer from each IIUC about neither having raised a hand against the other?

Also, IIRC, from testimony earlier today at the end with M1:

“DY says to M1: “I’m so sorry you were made to come here today”

IIUC there might have been an objection to that statement by the prosecution, sustained, and that statement above in bold was perhaps stricken? MOO
Hearing that both kids referred to KR as the defendant. IMO they didn't come up with that on their own.JMO

I went back and re-watched the Canton IT guy Louis Jutras, that gave the video of Canton streets to LE. When Lally went to show him the disc to put it into evidence, the guy said something like " This disc with the wording on it? No, I've not seen this ". And then he said, "This is not mine to the Trooper" A sidebar was called quickly, (after much coughing, I might add ) and they were up there for awhile. Upon return, they were able to show the video, with Judge Bev saying, " You both agree that this will be the next exhibit?" Both CW and Defense verbally agreed on record. ( There will be much insinuation made later about the missing portions in the video). Dude claims he gave the Trooper everything. And then Lally gets up there with the " Copy" disc, which probably doesn't show the missing three minutes which would have shown KR driving (with an intact tailight ). Lally shows about 60 seconds total, between the two one hour sections of the disc. Not sure what (we-jury) was supposed to gain from that.
I don't think Lally was trying to be slick. I honestly don't believe Lally would have the skill to pull that kind of a fast one.

I think what happened is that as a part of pre-trial prep the witness was shown the videos on that disc. Lally was trying to get him to say that he'd seen the disc previously when they reviewed the videos. Either the witness forgot or he became confused by Lally's question (a not uncommon occurrence).

But I want to know, WHERE is the original disc, given to LE in early Feb of 2022?
A very good question.

JMc really wanted JO there, hoped he'd agree, they're friends till something was going to bring them down, who knows what she said at the bar to him beforehand. She was all about guiding and where to park etc. SOUNDS normal, but the whole scene was not. It happened within minutes it seems. Karen insisting on going to Alberts pizza place, a lot, it seems. Seems like trying to avoid the Alberts place. Seems like she knew JO wanted much to go to Alberts, which seems she was a little leery about. Must be a reason, JO might of given her a 'hint' of some intentions why. HE KNEW THINGS. ALBERT was a Boston cop long ago. Maybe JO wanted to or had let him in on something that Albert was aware of, illicit and Albert played along, being an ex Boston cop and all. Legit, thought JO. But, it would open a can of worms for Albert and others involved. Now I think Higgins went along as he is also involved in whatever Albert is. It seem MORE to me now than just protecting COLIN, as they would of pulled COLIN off JO is more like it, to AVOID Colin involved in attacking JO, knowing bad only would come of it in general. These people are scary. SUBCULTURE as we know exists among them. JMc is like MA BARKER in this. She even controlled those girls, stay, I'll give you a ride home. Ridiculous, why???? The girl's brother was already there, LATE and snowing and she runs out to say, we're going to stay later even. They're just 'friends' of Colin's. Celebrating Colin's bd.. donuts, lots of alcohol, so many weird things, esp the daughter calling the plowing bf to come and get me, didn't want to get snowed in, what? She knew she was staying over. Her car wasn't even there, the BF was going to be out plowing all night, she knew that ahead of time, hence, stay at parents as planned, get picked up in a.m. The attack on JO and aftermath of deleted texts, vids, calls /butt dials between them all. Put out in the snow storm/how long to die.. ya, JO HAD TO GO. OUTSIDE. .

There is simply no explaining that away. Adding in the FBI investigation determination that JO injuries are not consistent with being hit by a car, and that the damage on KR car is not consistent with hitting someone. I have changed my position on this case. I do not think that KR car hit him. MOO.
I just don’t see a way they’ll ever prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she did it, much less did it on purpose. If there’s no reasonable explanation for the 2:27 search, the FBI conclusions that his injuries weren’t consistent with being hit by a car and the damage to her car wasn’t consistent with hitting a person, and then the host of “coincidences” that really just defy logic…. absolutely no way is there not reasonable doubt.

More than one police officer just happens to get a new phone the day before a court order comes down saying don’t get rid of your phones? Really? Nobody saw a body lying in the yard but they saw tire tracks? Snow plow guy has no horse in this race. He didn’t see a body.

Replaced all the basement flooring, re-homed the dog, sold the house… the surveillance tape of the police station area mysteriously malfunctions while the officer is there the next day? Really?

We’re supposed to believe all of this? Beyond a reasonable doubt? No way.

Edited to add: I forgot one of my favorite parts! Collecting blood evidence in red solo cups and storing it all together in one stop and shop bag. Like, come on. Be for real. This is completely absurd. We cannot send someone to prison with this type of…. “Investigative” work.

Did she do it? I don’t know. It doesn’t even matter at this point. We have rules and procedures and laws for a reason. If we find that the police officers and detectives didn’t follow basic rules of evidence and procedure, we cannot send someone to prison. And the whole situation here just stinks to high heaven as my granny would’ve said.

JMc really wanted JO there, hoped he'd agree, they're friends till something was going to bring them down, who knows what she said at the bar to him beforehand. She was all about guiding and where to park etc. SOUNDS normal, but the whole scene was not. It happened within minutes it seems. Karen insisting on going to Alberts pizza place, a lot, it seems. Seems like trying to avoid the Alberts place. Seems like she knew JO wanted much to go to Alberts, which seems she was a little leery about. Must be a reason, JO might of given her a 'hint' of some intentions why. HE KNEW THINGS. ALBERT was a Boston cop long ago. Maybe JO wanted to or had let him in on something that Albert was aware of, illicit and Albert played along, being an ex Boston cop and all. Legit, thought JO. But, it would open a can of worms for Albert and others involved. Now I think Higgins went along as he is also involved in whatever Albert is. It seem MORE to me now than just protecting COLIN, as they would of pulled COLIN off JO is more like it, to AVOID Colin involved in attacking JO, knowing bad only would come of it in general. These people are scary. SUBCULTURE as we know exists among them. JMc is like MA BARKER in this. She even controlled those girls, stay, I'll give you a ride home. Ridiculous, why???? The girl's brother was already there, LATE and snowing and she runs out to say, we're going to stay later even. They're just 'friends' of Colin's. Celebrating Colin's bd.. donuts, lots of alcohol, so many weird things, esp the daughter calling the plowing bf to come and get me, didn't want to get snowed in, what? She knew she was staying over. Her car wasn't even there, the BF was going to be out plowing all night, she knew that ahead of time, hence, stay at parents as planned, get picked up in a.m. The attack on JO and aftermath of deleted texts, vids, calls /butt dials between them all. Put out in the snow storm/how long to die.. ya, JO HAD TO GO. OUTSIDE. .
THEN the 'cleanup' began. Story accomplished by JMc with KR saying she could of hit him. Albert and JMc, you SAW AND HEARD NOTHING to those girls, just like they testified.

The FBI is going to bring it all down and I think Proctor, Lally and Higgins know it for sure and I mean including Lally.
THEN the 'cleanup' began. Story accomplished by JMc with KR saying she could of hit him. Albert and JMc, you SAW AND HEARD NOTHING to those girls, just like they testified.
o

Reactions: Dre
He would need to have be granted military clearance to enter the base. you do not 'cut through the base'. The gate guards are there for a reason.
Yeah, it clearly makes no sense that he would just happen to decide on a whim to get rid of his old phone while taking a shortcut through a U.S. military base.

He obviously made a conscious choice to go there and destroy the phone. For what reason, I don't know, but his behavior is very suspicious.

Sorry if this has been mentioned/discussed, but in what world would the investigators not once consider BH a suspect? I guess they've never said if he was, but I disagress. Once the investigators initially saw those texts, why would they not pursue investigating BH as a co-conspirator? I believe it might be feasible to drum up a motive of an affair gone horribly wrong aka a "love triangle" with KR, BH, and JO.

Not that I believe any of that, because I certainly don't think that's what happened. I just find it curious that route wasn't taken or explored.

Yeah, it clearly makes no sense that he would just happen to decide on a whim to get rid of his old phone while taking a shortcut through a U.S. military base.

He obviously made a conscious choice to go there and destroy the phone. For what reason, I don't know, but his behavior is very suspicious.
Come on! It makes total sense because he DOESN’T HAVE TRASH SERVICE. Lol. Did you hear that? Have you ever heard such a thing? So he drives to a military base to empty his trash weekly. I seriously don’t know how the defense team doesn’t walk up and shake these witnesses.

where did you get info that Albert was a Boston cop LONG AGO? I thought he said on the stand that he had recently retired? Not sure if it makes any difference, I was just wondering how long ago he retired since I was under the impression it was more recent than that.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member