NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

4:00 p.m.
When Palmiter went to Bailey Middle School on Dec. 15, he testified, Diana Cojocari asked him to bring Madalina's laptops. He believed the laptops were needed to review recent school work.
From previous testimony, officials have detailed the Dec. 15 school meeting as this day that officials confirmed for the first time that Madalina was missing.

Jesse Pierre
Defense- Do you know where Madalina is?Defense- At any point from November 21 to Dec 15 did Diana ever tell you that Diana was missing?Defense- Did Diana ever give you a reason to believe that she was not caring for Madalina? Palmiter answered No to all three questions

The defense done with questions and now the prosecution begins cross examination

4:10 p.m.
In recounting his experience on Dec. 15, Palmiter testified he did not know about Madalina's disappearance before talking with school or police officials. He said he wanted to help the police find her.

In court Tuesday, jurors watched video recordings of Palmiter talking to police on Dec. 15.

During questioning in court Wednesday, he again testified that he still does not know where Madalina is. He also told his attorney that Diana Cojocari never asked him for help in finding Madalina.
Palmiter testified it was only after his arrest that he learned Diana Cojocari was stealing money from him, he said.

4:12 p.m.
The defense attorney concludes the questioning of Palmiter. Cross-examination is now beginning.

4:12 p.m.
The defense attorney concludes the questioning of Palmiter. Cross-examination is now beginning.

4:30 p.m.
In initial questioning from the state prosecutor, Palmiter confirmed he is still married to Diana Cojocari. He also agreed he is still legally Madalina's stepfather. He told the prosecutor that Madalina was still in diapers when he first met the young child.

Palmiter said Madalina lived in his Cornelius home for all six years since the time she arrived and the time she disappeared. Palmiter testified he was financially responsible for the food and clothes that supported Madalina.

Palmiter told the prosecutor he was voluntarily answering questions at the police station on Dec. 15, 2022.

"My intent on being there was to fill any holes between the interviews at the school and the police station," Palmiter said of his willingness to talk with police.

4:40 p.m.
Palmiter testified Wednesday he was not aware Diana Cojocari said he could have hurt Madalina.

Diana Cojocari stayed at Palmiter's home as recently as last week, Palmiter testified in court Wednesday. He said he continues to communicate with her.

Palmiter told the prosecutor that in conversations with Diana Cojocari since Madalina's disappearance, each spouse has told the other that they do not know Madalina's whereabouts

Palmiter testified he is no longer employed by General Dynamics, the company he was working for in 2022. He no longer has a security clearance, he said in court. Previous testimony indicated a security clearance may have been needed for some of his professional work in previous years.

Many things he claims seem odd to me. like this one:
Diana Cojocari was a stay-at-home mother and wife, according to Palmiter.

I go to work. Diana would make sure that Madalina got up and ready for school. She was trying to get Madalina to learn how to pack her own lunch," Palmiter testified. "She was 100% in charge of Madalina’s education and everything."

An 11 yr old girl was trying to learn how to pack her own lunch? Isn't that just making a sandwich and throwing a snack and a drink into the bag?

I am still on the fence here though, about which one of them was involved in harming her, if either was.

He seems like a liar, but if he harmed her, why hasn't DC said anything after all this time?
We can only guess why DC hasn't said anything since she was jailed Dec 17, 2022. I reckon she felt it was in her best interest to remain silent and do the time. She knew the penalty for Failure to Report, and was aware she would likely be released in less than two years. Maybe she has family and supporters in Moldova and wants to return there.

As both attorneys said several times, this trial is not about what happened to Madalina. It is about finding CP guilty or not guilty of Failure to Report a Missing Child. We'll have to wait and see what, if anything, will come after this odd trial.

Last edited:
IMO I still think they are both in on it. Yes I think Diana made her disappear and CP helped to cover it up after he found out. The statement when he told Diana to tell the school that M was being home schooled to me I think he knew some of it, but not all of it. I think the defense is trying to make DC look like she is mentally unstable, no intimacy, doing weird religious prayers and the such to turn the suspicions off of CP. I believe with a jury of 11 men (I think) and having no relations with your wife might not sit very well with them, and they think poor guy. Either a guilty or not guilty verdict doesn't matter to me it still isn't getting us Madalina. Until she is found then we might know exactly what happened.

4:50 p.m.
Palmiter testified in phone calls with his friend Dave, he never told Dave that Madalina had been kidnapped. He also told Dave he did not believe Madalina was in her room, he testified. Palmiter said his friend Dave had messaged saying the police were coming to the house.

Palmiter agreed with evidence that shows he texted Diana after talking to Dave. Palmiter testified, as evidence showed Tuesday, that he advised Diana to tell authorities that they were taking Madalina out of school in order to homeschool her.

4:55 p.m.
The state prosecutor asked Palmiter if things seemed normal when he returned from Michigan after the Thanksgiving holiday. Palmiter told the prosecutor things did not seem normal.

Palmiter agreed that Madalina would frequently jump on a trundle mattress kept under her bed. After he returned from his trip, Palmiter testified he no longer heard Madalina jumping on the bed. Palmiter said the trundle mattress was on the back porch. When asked by the prosecutor if Diana had tried to burn the mattress, Palmiter testified it was unclear to him if Diana had tried to burn the mattress.

Palmiter testified he does not recall a conversation on Dec. 15 where he told a police official that Diana Cojocari had burned photos of Madalina.

5:00 p.m.
The trial is wrapping up for the day. The court session is expected to resume Thursday with continued cross-examination of Palmiter.

4:40 p.m.
Palmiter testified Wednesday he was not aware Diana Cojocari said he could have hurt Madalina.

Diana Cojocari stayed at Palmiter's home as recently as last week, Palmiter testified in court Wednesday. He said he continues to communicate with her.
SBM

BBM I've been back and forth with this case but hmm, this is not sitting well with me. I think they are still covering for each other.

that's a good point to make did she keep the prayer ritual up while in custody? I know of a few places near me that they close for 10 minutes at noon to do their prayers, I believe it is Islam religion. I know the prosecution is still holding back evidence. Looking back from when this all transpired the drug dog that hit on DC car, the cousin who was in a T3 investigation that all still has something to do with this. Granted it could have been just a few bud's of weed, DC was caught in custody with drug's that later wasn't drug's. People have said in a few post's that DC was high when she picked up M from school. Putting this altogether DC must be fairly smart in order to pull off this so far. The farther this get's the stranger it get's.

Timeline compiled using @Unalienable Rights (thank you) posts.

Sunday, 20th Nov. 2022 - Palmiter says Diana was upset about a design/symbol on a mug. The argument led to Diana smashing that mug and other plates from cabinets. Palmiter says he did not see Madalina that day or night after work.

Monday, 21st Nov. 2022 - Madalina last seen getting off school bus. Palmiter testified he went to Walmart to buy a new mug. He testified he also went to work that day. He testified he worked from his office, which is located outside Greensboro, North Carolina. He testified he did not recall seeing Madalina on that day.

Tuesday, 22nd Nov. 2022 - ?

Wednesday-Friday, 23rd-25th Nov. 2022 - He said Diana told him he had to go to Michigan to pick up some of Madalina clothes there. He said he didn’t have intentions of going at first but Diana said it was urgent. At some point before trip Palmiter asked where Madalina was … Diana told him she was sleeping. He did not find that odd… just assumed she was in her room. Then he headed to Michigan.

Saturday, 26th Nov. 2022 - Upon his return home, Palmiter testified Diana Cojocari sent him on a shopping trip that lasted several hours. Once back inside his home, Palmiter said he noticed Madalina's desk was in a different position. He also observed a dresser near the front door. He testified the placement of the dresser was not unusually because Diana would typically push things in front of the door.

Sunday, 27th Nov. 2022 - Rested.

Monday-Wednesday, 28th-30th Nov. 2022 - Palmiter said he worked the entire week from office bc the internet was down at home. He was gone from 6:30am to 7:30pm ish at night.

Thursday, 1st Dec. 2022 - The defense shared photos of the internet cables cut. Palmiter says he sent a message telling Diana that ATT is there Dec 1st. She replies we are out of town can they come back tomorrow. Palmiter asked by the defense who did he believe “we” to be — Palmiter said Diana and Madalina The appointment was rescheduled. Palmiter testified he received a text message from a friend on Dec. 1, 2022. This message was in regard to Madalina's attendance (The friend is Sandy who is listed as the other emergency contact at Madalina’s school) In conversation with Diana Cojocari about the text message, Palmiter said his wife told him Madalina was sick and was in her room. He testified he did not go into her room to check on her.

Friday, 2nd Dec. 2022 - In a recording of Diana Cojocari that's shown to the court, she said her wallet with her green card, her ID went missing on Dec. 2, 2022. Palmiter said he doesn't know where it went. They had a conversation about Madalina, but Palmiter said he didn't get a sense that Madalina was missing.

Saturday, 3rd Dec. 2022 - The defense showed a picture of the computer modem from Dec. 3, 2022, which Palmiter said he took because the internet was not running properly. He doesn't recall having contact with Diana or Madalina that day.

Sunday, 4th Dec. 2022 - ?

Monday, 5th Dec. 2022 - The jury hears a recording from Dec. 5, 2022, where Diana is asking Palmiter if he called the police and told them he was worried about her. She claims a police officer approached her car, saying someone called to say they were worried about her. He denies calling the police. Diana doubles down in the recording, saying she doesn't know anyone else in the country, and asks him who else could have done it?

Tuesday, 6th Dec. 2022 - Picture is shown of a note from Dec. 6, 2022, which Palmiter said he took a picture of it to remember the timeline of when Diana and Madalina would be back. he said there was another note that said "we've gone hiking." Palmiter said he thought Diana was hiking with Madalina which would happen all the time without him. He said Madalina loved the mountains.

Wednesday-Thursday, 7th-8th Dec. 2022 - ?

Friday, 9th Dec. 2022 - The defense attorney shows the jury a picture taken on Dec. 9, 2022, of some blue tubs. He said he took the photo so he could remember how many were there to see if some were being removed or added. He said Tupperware and plates were in one of the bins, so he assumed they were moving out and he was trying to put it all together and was growing concerned. The defense attorney asked if he was worried about Madalina's wellbeing, and he said no, he was focused on if Diana was leaving him. Palmiter received truancy notification from the school on Dec. 9, 2022.

Saturday, 10th Dec. 2022 - He looked up what truancy was. He said he started to search for both Madalina and Diana but couldn't find them.

Sunday, 11th Dec. 2022 - ?

Monday, 12th Dec. 2022 - He looked up what truancy was. He said he started to search for both Madalina and Diana but couldn't find them.

Tuesday-Wednesday, 13th-14th Dec. 2022 - ?

Thursday, 15th Dec. 2022 - When Palmiter went to Bailey Middle School on Dec. 15, he testified, Diana Cojocari asked him to bring Madalina's laptops. He believed the laptops were needed to review recent school work. From previous testimony, officials have detailed the Dec. 15 school meeting as this day that officials confirmed for the first time that Madalina was missing.

MOO, he is setting her up. Setting up her insanity defense, that is.

If they never go on trial, nothing he says hurts either of them. Her nutty belief system is not actual evidence against her.

But if the body is ever found and they go on trial, he gets off because the crazy wife did it, and she gets off because, well, she's crazy.

I think they might be successfully (so far) getting away with pointing fingers at each other with the goal of neither one being convictable without reasonable doubt.

that's a good point to make did she keep the prayer ritual up while in custody? I know of a few places near me that they close for 10 minutes at noon to do their prayers, I believe it is Islam religion. I know the prosecution is still holding back evidence. Looking back from when this all transpired the drug dog that hit on DC car, the cousin who was in a T3 investigation that all still has something to do with this. Granted it could have been just a few bud's of weed, DC was caught in custody with drug's that later wasn't drug's. People have said in a few post's that DC was high when she picked up M from school. Putting this altogether DC must be fairly smart in order to pull off this so far. The farther this get's the stranger it get's.
This! There was so much talk of drugs then nothing. I didnt know the drugs in jail werent drugs- what were they? TIA.

MOO, he is setting her up. Setting up her insanity defense, that is.

If they never go on trial, nothing he says hurts either of them. Her nutty belief system is not actual evidence against her.

But if the body is ever found and they go on trial, he gets off because the crazy wife did it, and she gets off because, well,

IDK. I could agree that he might walk, if his wife was the one that killed her child. But I don't think it would be that easy for her to get away with it, even if she does have crazy religious beliefs.

If she is going to claim insanity, there has to be evidence of her having no idea what she was doing. But she seemed to be pretty rational and competent during that time, the way she dealt with the cover up, etc.
she's crazy.

But is she crazy enough to be declared INSANE? I'm not sure that she is.
I think they might be successfully (so far) getting away with pointing fingers at each other with the goal of neither one being convictable without reasonable doubt.
Maybe, but I hope not. If that sweet child is ever recovered, this case will likely go to a real trial. And they both will have to answer for this tragedy, imo.

This is a well-written article from Cornelius Today that is worth reading. The basic facts are the same, but it goes into a few bizarre details from the testimony I hadn't seen before. It also gives a bit more information about Madalina's trundle bed that CP says was on the back porch when he returned from MI. The bed is another red flag for me.

"On cross-examination by Austin Butler, assistant district attorney, Palmiter said that he found the trundle bed from Madalina’s room was on the back porch when he returned from Michigan. All the fabric on it appeared to be burned off, he said, and he sawed up the metal in the garage and disposed of it."

This is a well-written article from Cornelius Today that is worth reading. The basic facts are the same, but it goes into a few bizarre details from the testimony I hadn't seen before. It also gives a bit more information about Madalina's trundle bed that CP says was on the back porch when he returned from MI. The bed is another red flag for me.

"On cross-examination by Austin Butler, assistant district attorney, Palmiter said that he found the trundle bed from Madalina’s room was on the back porch when he returned from Michigan. All the fabric on it appeared to be burned off, he said, and he sawed up the metal in the garage and disposed of it."

From the above link:

“Diana Cojocari: An imported Moldovan bride spiraling ever deeper into religious zealotry, smashing dishes in a rage, making ever more bizarre demands on her husband.
And whispering of a plot against her by Russian president Vladimir Putin and rock star Michael Jackson….”
“Cojocari told him to leave his cell phone in the house and beckoned him out to the yard to share a secret.
She was being pursued by Putin and Jackson because she had certain Russian nobility titles. They wanted her because these titles meant they could gain certain lands. Putin wanted to marry her to achieve his ends, she declared.”

Wow. The more that comes out about these two, the more it appears rather obvious DC is entirely responsible for disappearing that child. Also, that CP is seriously missing a backbone. Goodnight.

I'd love to hear from CP's family in Michigan about the time DC and Madalina stayed there, until forced to leave because they were being recorded on that cell phone left on the table.

Trial resumes.

Wow. The more that comes out about these two, the more it appears rather obvious DC is entirely responsible for disappearing that child. Also, that CP is seriously missing a backbone. Goodnight.

I'd love to hear from CP's family in Michigan about the time DC and Madalina stayed there, until forced to leave because they were being recorded on that cell phone left on the table.
One of the early, linked articles said that there were 35 people on the defense's potential witness list -- and most of them were CP's relatives. Maybe you'll get your wish.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back