Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems reasonable to believe that to land the phone in the dam, one has to know the dam is there. Otherwise it would land on open ground. Which underlines , to me, at least, that it was a local who lobbed it over the fence. To make it an accurate throw, probably not from a moving vehicle, , but one that has stopped, OR< someone jogging past that fence. But it presupposes that a dam is there. Not every fence has a dam behind it, so close to the road. One would have to know this, before giving it the toss.

I haven't even considered that it may have been someone from INSIDE the fence who threw it. That is a whole other scenario.

Can the dam be seen from the road ?

Might not need to know of the dam ahead of time if you're driving along looking for somewhere to get rid of the phone and catch a glimpse of a dam.
Seems to be a row of high bush along the road side of the dam.... makes me think that whoever it was, presuming it was thrown from the road side of the fence, had to get out and lob it over the bushes, knowing the dam was there, from local travelling... have to be awfully lucky to just randomly hurl a phone into the air, and it , by golly, lands in a deep dam over a fence and a row of bushes..

When police state they have found "SOME items of interest", surely they don't mean the phone, the case and the cards inside? Would they be seen as "some" or collectively be "one" item? I really hope they found more than that, perhaps a weapon of some kind, her watch, earbuds, piece of clothing etc

What do my fellow websleuths think?
Some items could easily just be phone, case and cards. Police are rightly happy with this find. Adds to their case.

"Police found a phone in the mud.

Now they hope for a breakthrough in the Samantha Murphy search.

View attachment 506812

They hope the instrument is not so badly corroded it retains the data that might reveal the path of its last journey;
the hours or days between whatever befell Murphy and her phone’s trip to the dam.

Even a badly damaged mobile phone almost always retains a memory, according to forensic experts, often securely lodged in the cybersphere’s cloud.
As to how police came to search the dam
– one of many in the rolling farmland south of the village of Buninyong –
there was no information forthcoming.

The occupants of a nearby farmhouse expressed no wish to speak to reporters or be filmed.

Whoever wished to be rid of the phone
needed only to pull up on the side of the road and toss it over the roadside fence."

To add to my post above...

I feel for the farmers :(

Imagine YOUR property tainted by evidence of evil crime.

Imagine Police descending on YOUR land.

Press helicopters circling above YOUR home.

Imagine gossip and covert glaces of YOUR neighbours.

The evilness of murderer has NO boundaries.
NO shame to taint others!

KEEP AWAY from MY home you evil monster!!!!

:mad::mad::mad:

JMO

If anyone is following the Greg Lynn murder trial it becomes apparent exactly how much intel the police had in relation to the case that was not disclosed until now.
IMO we need to have every faith that they know a whole lot more than we will be aware of until this case goes before a court.
My deepest sympathy goes out to Samantha Murphy's family and friends.... please be mindful that some of them may be following this thread and be respectful of what is posted.

Seems to be a row of high bush along the road side of the dam.... makes me think that whoever it was, presuming it was thrown from the road side of the fence, had to get out and lob it over the bushes, knowing the dam was there, from local travelling... have to be awfully lucky to just randomly hurl a phone into the air, and it , by golly, lands in a deep dam over a fence and a row of bushes..
Troops, could those bushes have grown since February?

They are blackberry bushes I believe …. One of the articles I have read identified them …. But I don’t know local growing habits … but they looked very dense ….

Edit to add - there was growth there on Google Earth in March 2023.

IMO

They looked wide as well as high, to me, BN.. :( <------ I cannot speculate about the height, because it is a view from above, but judging by the width, they are bushes, or bushy trees, about 5 or 6 years old, in a regular row, ( planted, not grown naturally, a planned growth, possibly for privacy and sound deadening from the road ) .... trees, and bushes, generally have a growth spurt in spring. In summer, which is not that long past, they tend to gather all their resources and hold on till the winter rains, so.. if they did grow since Feb, it would not be much.. not as much as if it were , say, Sept November, or Dec, then they stop for the summer.

Sometimes where there is a row of greenery in front of a house or building, you can still the house or building before you get to the part where the greenery hides it, and after you've passed it.

Or if there is a side road with no bushes.
There is a “rise” ….. if you come over that you would see the dam on the left …. Before you reached it …

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper