MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know which part of his shirt? Was is it a part of his shirt which coincided with the marks on his right arm? In the link you provided, an item number was given, but didn't specify where on the shirt the sample was taken.
the part that had bacon stains on it. what did JO and all the police involved eat for breakfast that day?

I would love to get a pulse of this group.
Are there any posters who were thinking Karen is guilty at the start of the trial and have changed their mind, even slightly?
opposite.
I came in hearing all this white noise about conspiracies and figured must be...so many people are onboard.

Everything leads clearly in a straight line to Karen Reed.

Have lost count of the number of people accused of this conspiracy.
EVERYONE is lying......
except the very person who is on trial.

The latest, is the shirt must have been switched or deliberately swabbed in the wrong place because it doesn't support the dog theory.

moo

opposite.
I came in hearing all this white noise about conspiracies and figured must be...so many people are onboard.

Everything leads clearly in a straight line to Karen Reed.

Have lost count of the number of people accused of this conspiracy.
EVERYONE is lying......
except the very person who is on trial.

The latest, is the shirt must have been switched or deliberately swabbed in the wrong place because it doesn't support the dog theory.

moo
RBBM

What evidence that has been presented convinces you?

... Everything leads clearly in a straight line to Karen Reed .... The latest, is the shirt must have been switched or deliberately swabbed in the wrong place because it doesn't support the dog theory.
There is a pretty incredible two or three-point turn towards the neighbour across the street and then reversing her SUV at 24 mph with her right back tail-light hitting JOK, sending him flying towards a flagpole, before we get to that "straight line" leading to KR, no!?

Considering the documentation of how this case was handled, is it out of the realm of possibility that the shirt was not swabbed for canine DNA in the obvious areas? What makes you so certain it was? (I ask this genuinely) This was a case where a man was found dead/near death on the front lawn of a home the police never bothered to search (owned by people who were noted to never have come out of their home the morning of the discovery).
I would love to get a pulse of this group.
Are there any posters who were thinking Karen is guilty at the start of the trial and have changed their mind, even slightly?
My introduction to this case was--for better or worse--TB on YT (can't remember how; maybe a recommended video?) about two or so weeks ago, so my reactive mind immediately went to, "This is messed up. She is SO innocent. Conspiracy!" etc. About a week or so later, out of curiosity, I joined a private FB group that was insistent she was guilty, and then I swung the OTHER way (lol, yes, I am so impressionable). But, they are just as extreme in their adamancy that TB is (so, I mistrust both camps). But, after everything has settled in more or less, I'm currently in the middle, but lean towards KR not hitting JOK with her car (mainly, because of his injuries; the ambiguity about her tail-light with the photos and the way the shards were "found"; what it would have taken to drive her car in a way to cause injuries leading to his death (see my first comment in this post), as well as there being no witness/ring-cam footage of it; JM's 2:27 AM "hos long to die in cold" Google search [I don't understand the whole WAL data aspect, I'll be honest]; all the "butt-dials," all the re-homed/destroyed mobiles; the rehomed dog; and yes, even though it was in advance of JOK's death, the refurbished basement and home sale; etc).

I know that two things can be true at once (KR being guilty, and the investigation being pathetically conducted--in addition to the suss behaviour of the Albert party attendees). And maybe KR is guilty. But, this is a court of law. And, especially in a case such as this (where the primary alternative explanation might be slightly less ludicrous than the defendant doing it or vice-verse), if the jury finds her guilty, it must be beyond reasonable doubt. And, maybe after this trial is over, I will think KR is guilty. But, right now, I don't. Or I can't say beyond reasonable doubt.

Last edited:
I don't think any of his injuries are from a tailpipe. The car had been running for at least 15 minutes so touching the exhaust pipe would result in 2nd or 3rd degree burns.

I think if the wounds had been from something on the SUV it would have been figured out by now. The spacing and unique patterns of the lacerations on his arm would have matched up with something on the underside of the Lexus and someone would have made the connection.

The gash in the back of his head is a complete mystery to me. Although IMO the arm injury looks as if it comes from an animal, either from bites or claw marks, But I'm very curious to hear what the experts say.
The only way those arm injuries came from the car is if the car had canines on it.
Like some people have eyelashes on lights. So, totally possible IMO. <shrugs>

RBBM

What evidence that has been presented convinces you?
TBH its mostly the outrageous opposition to really acceptable facts presented that has made me look harder at what is going on here.

This very statement posted that there is no dog dna on JO's shirt he was wearing.
Here we go with all the jumping through hoops as to why this is still all a conspiracy.

The defence has access to all the presented evidence. I think they would be all over a switched shirt or pig dna.

My point is...there is no dog DNA on JO shirt according to the experts presented at trial.
Stated in a court of law under oath.

why would it not be correct????????

And if you take her ridiculous jmo testimony literately, she was also butt texting simultaneously (with that super agile butt of hers; appears to be the only reasonable/rational (not) underlying premise haha) moo
How funny would it be if she actually has a flat butt?
That would be so on brand with her.
“Call Officer Lank back. And Proctor Trooper. I’d like to amend my testimony. It wasn’t my butt dialing, it was my paired sit bones. Yes, yes. My sit bones.”

How funny would it be if she actually has a flat butt?
That would be so on brand with her.
“Call Officer Lank back. And Proctor Trooper. I’d like to amend my testimony. It wasn’t my butt dialing, it was my paired sit bones. Yes, yes. My sit bones.”
HaHa! would make her apparent talent (rhymes) even more impressive! but would she bother to try and amend her testimony I wonder. Pretty clear she doesn't mind telling big ones,little ones,any damn sized ones under oath. Maybe would say to self 'I don't recall that I have flat butt so all good'. :cool:

On a more general note, favourite quote from American Beauty (you folks make so many fine films) "Never under estimate the power of denial"

None of the shirt was sent away. If you heard the testimony of the scientist from the Vet Lab, she was very explicit about that. She said that she only received swabs from the state police lab. The swabs were rubbed along the clothing to get any DNA to transfer onto them. In fact, she went into a great deal of detail on the proper way that a swab had to be prepared, how it had to be applied to the clothing and how it had to be packaged for shipping.

As of yet there's been no testimony on how the swabs were prepared and packaged nor on what parts of John's clothing were swabbed.

And I don't mean to single you out @keek. I'm not sure if you actually heard the lab scientist testify or you're just relaying what you heard second-hand. But I do find it interesting how scientific evidence is often not understood and I wonder how much the jury pays attention to what is actually said. I think often people aren't that attentive and then make up in their head what they think was said.
My guess is they swabbed the shirt and transported the swabs to the lab in Dixie cups.

On a personal note. This down time between testimony has been good as my recall of past information is rekindled. I'm being reminded of why I believe so strongly in KR's innocence and in the existence of an elaborate cover up for murder.JMO
Likewise. I revisited early testimonies by EMTs, officers and the kids. It is worth a re-listen while doing chores.
It is mind blowing how many bombshells I forgot about. It’s staggering, and I hope jurors took good notes. It is really the best (and only) way to keep up with it all.

Movies are made and became classics on just one “aha! Gotcha” moment. This trial truly has one of those with each PROSECUTION witness. Fascinating, really.

TBH its mostly the outrageous opposition to really acceptable facts presented that has made me look harder at what is going on here.

This very statement posted that there is no dog dna on JO's shirt he was wearing.
Here we go with all the jumping through hoops as to why this is still all a conspiracy.

The defence has access to all the presented evidence. I think they would be all over a switched shirt or pig dna.

My point is...there is no dog DNA on JO shirt according to the experts presented at trial.
Stated in a court of law under oath.

why would it not be correct????????

Pig DNA from a dog?

I recall a case I recently saw on Dateline where a woman was found at the bottom of the stairs and the husband blamed the family dog-- but the only animal DNA found on the victims clothes was pig DNA. At trial, the pig DNA was explained as coming from the dogs food which included pork as an ingredient! It didn't help the defense -- the husband was still found guilty of murdering his wife.

They never claimed the dog caused the death. who knows if it was even the right shirt. Pig DNA. MOO

Pig DNA from a dog?

I recall a case I recently saw on Dateline where a woman was found at the bottom of the stairs and the husband blamed the family dog-- but the only animal DNA found on the victims clothes was pig DNA. At trial, the pig DNA was explained as coming from the dogs food which included pork as an ingredient! It didn't help the defense -- the husband was still found guilty of murdering his wife.

Don't know anything about that. Interesting case S1. .
I was simply pointing out it was mentioned in the post above without any reason or proof.

It is just an example of non truths floating around this case like facts. :-(

what happened to king turtle boy?
He fall off his throne?
or fall on his sword?
I don’t think anyone cares. Well, except the McAlberts and a few people here.
He’s irrelevant; even the prosecutor doesn’t want him mentioned in a trial.
And as far as I know, this thread is about the ongoing trial and facts gathered.

Also, does anyone know what Caitlin Albert does at the DA's office?
From her testimony, I recall her job having to do with prosecuting Medicaid fraud. She works for the AG's Office, not the DA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grandma great