GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Trump announces his bid for the Presidency on November 15, 2022.

Jan. 23, 2023: Bragg impanels a new grand jury to hear evidence about Trump.

If Trump hadn’t announced his bid for the presidency this case would never have been brought. This strange, twisted, frankenstein, bizzare, pretzel of a case would never have occurred. NO need for it and that’s wrong. And this is my humble opinion.

The investigation into T's participation in the $130,000 payment began on April 9, 2019. It is false to suggest that charges came only because T announced his bid for presidency.

Attack Trump verdict or be exiled - a new test for Republicans​

There’s a new front line in Donald Trump’s battle to get elected.

Just minutes after he was found guilty on all 34 felony counts on Thursday, I heard from a person close to the former president who described this moment as a “civil war” within the Republican Party.

The historic nature of Trump’s criminal conviction is being leveraged by his campaign as a sort of roll-call vote to see which politicians will defend the former president and which of them will defend America’s legal system. It appears you can’t do both.

Last night, a weather balloon was sent up.

Larry Hogan, a moderate Republican who is running for an open Senate seat in liberal-leaning Maryland, took to social media to urge all Americans to “respect the verdict and the legal process”.

Within minutes, Chris LaCivita, a top official on Trump’s campaign, posted a crystal-clear reply to Mr Hogan: “You just ended your campaign.” The implication: if you’re not with us on this, you’re politically dead.

[…]

Trump’s lackeys are such bullies.

The investigation into T's participation in the $130,000 payment began on April 9, 2019. It is false to suggest that charges came only because T announced his bid for presidency.

All it means is that everyone else who looked at this decided to drop it. Only Bragg who made a campaign promise to "Get Trump" if elected went for it.

After President Trump made his announcement. JMO.

Trump announces his bid for the Presidency on November 15, 2022.

Jan. 23, 2023: Bragg impanels a new grand jury to hear evidence about Trump.

If Trump hadn’t announced his bid for the presidency this case would never have been brought. This strange, twisted, frankenstein, bizzare, pretzel of a case would never have occurred. NO need for it and that’s wrong. And this is my humble opinion.

Your theory depends on thinking that a prosecution would stop his campaign somehow. It was already known then that convicted and incarcerated criminals could still run for president, as ridiculous as that may be. And it was also known that Trump supporters will continue to back him no matter what he does. We have seen that proven time and time again, from the beginning of his campaign and on. The constant lying, mocking disabled disabled people, Access Hollywood tape, credible sexual assault allegations and so on, and I could go on and on since then with a litany of horribly immoral and corrupt acts committed by the man with no repercussion from his supporters.

So nobody would and should think a conviction in any kind of case will cause Trump supporters to leave him. We saw it when the indictments were announced. His supporters still supported him, proclaiming they supported him even more, and he also gained in the polling against his primary rivals.

<modsnip: Discussing other members is not allowed>

So this idea that the case was because of his announcement is just a red herring.

And of course, your theory also means nothing when it comes to a jury verdict after he underwent a very privileged process where he was given so much special lenient treatment throughout the case.

FDT was ultimately convicted for the typical reason anyone who is the topic of any of the threads here at WS was convicted, because he did the crime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your theory depends on thinking that a prosecution would stop his campaign somehow. It was already known then that convicted and incarcerated criminals could still run for president, as ridiculous as that may be. And it was also known that Trump supporters will continue to back him no matter what he does. We have seen that proven time and time again, from the beginning of his campaign and on. The constant lying, mocking disabled disabled people, Access Hollywood tape, credible sexual assault allegations and so on, and I could go on and on since then with a litany of horribly immoral and corrupt acts committed by the man with no repercussion from his supporters.

So nobody would and should think a conviction in any kind of case will cause Trump supporters to leave him. We saw it when the indictments were announced. His supporters still supported him, proclaiming they supported him even more, and he also gained in the polling against his primary rivals.

So this idea that the case was because of his announced is just a red herring.

And of course, that means nothing when it comes to a jury verdict after he underwent a very privileged process where he was given so much special lenient treatment throughout the case.

He was ultimately convicted for the typical reason anyone who is the topic of any of the threads here at WS was convicted, because he did the crime.
So well said. Thank you!

And of course since the conviction, it's been proven again. You need look no further than his supporters in this thread. Not a one of them have turned on him.

So this idea that the case was because of his announcement is just a red herring.

And of course, your theory also means nothing when it comes to a jury verdict after he underwent a very privileged process where he was given so much special lenient treatment throughout the case.

FDT was ultimately convicted for the typical reason anyone who is the topic of any of the threads here at WS was convicted, because he did the crime.

A Reuters/Ipsos poll conducted between Thursday and Friday found that 5 percent of Republicans and 21 percent of independents said they are much less likely to vote for Trump because of the jury's ruling.

Officer Hodges would like a word

View attachment 507367

Thank you for posting this image. It is burned in my brain from that day. His screams of pain were heart wrenching to hear. How anyone can back Trump after seeing the sheer devastation that day….well, I have no words. Those murdered and injured police officers were protecting and lost their lives to save the very people that are now still backing Trump. I just cannot understand it.

All it means is that everyone else who looked at this decided to drop it. Only Bragg who made a campaign promise to "Get Trump" if elected went for it.

After President Trump made his announcement. JMO.

This is not quite accurate. Under Mr. Bragg’s predecessor, Cyrus R. Vance Jr., the district attorney’s office had begun presenting evidence to an earlier grand jury about Mr. Trump’s business practices. Yet in the early weeks of his tenure, Mr. Bragg decided to abandon it leading the senior prosecutors to resign. Mr Bragg came under fire for balking at charging T. One of the senior prosecutors even wrote a book critical of Bragg for not pursuing charges against Trump.

This is not quite accurate. Under Mr. Bragg’s predecessor, Cyrus R. Vance Jr., the district attorney’s office had begun presenting evidence to an earlier grand jury about Mr. Trump’s business practices. Yet in the early weeks of his tenure, Mr. Bragg decided to abandon it leading the senior prosecutors to resign. Mr Bragg came under fire for balking at charging T. One of the senior prosecutors even wrote a book critical of Bragg for not pursuing charges against Trump.
Bragg is the one who brought dead misdemeanor charges back to life. No one else. End of story. JMO.

That’s untrue. I never though for one second a prosecution or conviction would stop his campaign, cripple it maybe, that remains to be seen.

There’s no way on God’s green earth I will believe this bizzare unicorn of a case would have occurred if he wasn’t running for President. NO way because it’s way to bizzare and anything but mainstream. They had years to do something. moo

That’s untrue. I never though for one second a prosecution or conviction would stop his campaign, cripple it maybe, that remains to be seen.

There’s no way on God’s green earth I will believe this bizzare unicorn of a case would have occurred if he wasn’t running for President. NO way because it’s way to bizzare and anything but mainstream. They had years to do something. moo
Yes. You make perfect sense. It obvious to me that the motive behind this trial was to hurt President Trumps chances at winning the 2024 election. JMO.

His supporters have been violent even when he when he wasn't convicted. They were violent because he was a sore loser. They are violent because he makes them feel good about being violent.

He's cultivated the persecution complex so well that his followers are going to be violent for the rest of his life. They are "fighting" against his persecution. If all goes well for him, they will be violent to enact "revenge".

MOO.

Short answer : they are violent regardless of what does or doesn't happen.

Yup. And more than1,000 of his supporters have been charged, many have violent felonies in their charges.

When they are violent they get arrested, they are not above the law.

2 Cents

I think it’s kind of clear by now that no one here is going to change anyone else’s minds. What I hear is that most Trump followers believe he will save the America they love from destruction (no matter what else he’s done), and most of those who are against Trump believe he will destroy the America they love because they believe he will do what he says he will. There isn’t really a middle ground or a meeting of the minds. Neither side is able to fathom why the other side feels the way they do. So maybe “agree to disagree” will work. The Trump side posts their opinions without argument and so does the anti-Trump side. Might help. Can’t hurt. :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back