GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
None of Trump's scare tactics make any sense so it's a damn good thing that Bragg's prosecutors repeatedly told the jurors to use their 'common sense".
Yes, exactly that!
I find it the same mindset that cult leaders and MLM schemes, <modsnip> Make people feel that they're part of something bigger, make them feel special or elite or unique for getting on-board, for spending their money to gain status or to gain an edge, all for following a so-called leader of the pack who has the most to gain. It's difficult for those looking in from the outside to understand the allure. It's brainwashing through the constant use of the same words. (Look at how Trump keeps repeating the same things over and over and over ad-naseum).
Maybe the difference IS common sense.
MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stormy Daniels breaks silence on Donald Trump's guilty verdict and says 'jail him now'​

[…]

Speaking for the first time since White House hopeful Trump was found guilty, the former adult actress told us: “I think he should be sentenced to jail and some community service working for the less fortunate, or being the volunteer punching bag at a women's shelter.”

Stormy told how she now feels vindicated - and warns the world ahead of Trump’s fresh bid for office: “He is completely and utterly out of touch with reality.”

[…]

But after bringing down the world’s once most powerful man, Stormy, 45, said that despite how justice has been served, she will never escape the death threats from Trump’s supporters.

[…]

I can't imagine what Stormy Daniels is dealing with. Death threats from DT's supporters? I hope that it stops at threats and no one actually tries to carry through with the threats. :(

He uses fear to keep his followers in line. It's not about him at all. It's about them.
He uses psychological tactics to get his followers to do his bidding. Rounding up his little soldiers with scare tactics. Who else in history did this??? MOO.
We are not his "little soldiers" and we do not need to be kept "in line". We are educated people who choose to vote for the person who we believe has our best interest in mind.

I can't imagine what Stormy Daniels is dealing with. Death threats from DT's supporters? I hope that it stops at threats and no one actually tries to carry through with the threats. :(
I'm glad she's publicly acknowledging these threats towards her and her family by DT's supporters. Sounds similar to what happens in Russia if you speak out, where we've seen plenty of examples of the outcome. She's been brave and courageous to stand up against his constant lies and insults to her, and she deserves to be safe. MOO.

I'm glad she's publicly acknowledging these threats towards her and her family by DT's supporters. Sounds similar to what happens in Russia if you speak out, where we've seen plenty of examples of the outcome. She's been brave and courageous to stand up against his constant lies and insults to her, and she deserves to be safe. MOO.
Ditto.
I like her lawyer Clark Brewster and am glad she has him representing her especially after dealing with Keith Davidson, Michael Cohen and Michael Avanetti.
Brewster complimented NYC and/or court security for a great job they did protecting Stormy and she was so frightened she wore a bullet-proof vest going to and leaving the courthouse.

Ditto.
I like her lawyer Clark Brewster and am glad she has him representing her especially after dealing with Keith Davidson, Michael Cohen and Michael Avanetti.
Brewster complimented NYC and/or court security for a great job they did protecting Stormy and she was so frightened she wore a bullet-proof vest going to and leaving the courthouse.
Clark Brewster is an Oklahoma legend, one of Tulsa's finest, and a good dude.

Throughout all of this, each time he was told to simmer down be quiet, gag order in place I kept saying what would happen if this was me.... and I feel if it was me if I didn't do as the judge asked I would be in jail and if I was found guilty of this no one would be screaming "rigged" just my thoughts.

"Simply, if you delete, alter or make a false entry in the business records of an enterprise and you do so with the intent to defraud, you have run afoul of the misdemeanor crime. If when you do so, you also have the intent to further or conceal another criminal offense, then you have committed the felony crime."

Perhaps the quickest and easiest way to get up to speed is to read the statement of facts which outline the case: https://manhattanda.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/2023-04-04-SOF.pdf

and then if you're still interested in detail, the indictment itself: https://manhattanda.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Donald-J.-Trump-Indictment.pdf
smells like a felony to me.

The stupidest repeated line is
paraphrasing.
This isn't about me,they're coming after you and I'm just standing in the way.

Then the
if this can happen to me it can happen to you.

For starters I must remember to tell all my male relatives/friends do not have sex with a *advertiser censored* star then decide to run for president and pay her off also with an NDA so your sex romp will never hit the news before your election.
I really misread that election! :D

3h ago

Robert Tait

Donald Trump has called on the supreme court to step in and annul his guilty verdict in a hush-money trial that left him with the unwanted double distinction of being the first former US president to be a convicted felon.

The 2024 presumptive Republican nominee made his plea in a typically florid post on his Truth Social site, highlighting that a sentencing hearing scheduled for 11 July falls just four days before the GOP’s national convention in Milwaukee, when his nomination is expected to become official.

“The ‘Sentencing’ for not having done anything wrong will be, conveniently for the Fascists, 4 days before the Republican National Convention,” Trump wrote.

A Radical Left Soros backed D.A., who ran on a platform of ‘I will get Trump,’ reporting to an ‘Acting’ Local Judge, appointed by the Democrats, who is HIGHLY CONFLICTED, will make a decision which will determine the future of our Nation?

Why does he keep saying he did nothing wrong? He committed a felony. He knows he has committed a felony. He also knows there is more to come in his other upcoming trials. You have done wrong and you are a felon Trump.

Donald Trump has joined TikTok, despite attempting to ban it on national security grounds during his presidency.
In 2020 he signed a presidential executive order attempting to ban the platform for its links to China, which was ultimately blocked by US courts.
He has since criticised recent attempts to curtail it, saying this would empower Facebook-owner Meta.
Mr Trump, who has amassed more than 3.6 million followers since launching his account on Saturday, said he will use "every tool available to speak directly with the American people".
President Joe Biden is also using the platform to campaign for re-election in November, but he has only picked up 340,000 followers - ten times fewer than that of his rival.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions regarding politics.

Absolutely, especially, IMO, when they have sought out a variety of other opinions, facts, developed wisdom about reality and human nature, empathy for people in all different circumstances, and so forth - as I think you demonstrate in your thoughtful post.

IMO, what is unhelpful about the issues here, is that often the loudest voices on both sides are just repeating things they've heard from others. They don't have independent opinions, they have tribal loyalties.

JMO

I think it is relevant that his family have not really shown him public support.

31 May
Trump finishes speaking​

Tiffany Wertheimer
US Reporter

1717441439794.jpeg
ReutersCopyright: Reuters

Donald Trump has now finished speaking, after about 40 minutes.

His son and daughter-in-law, Eric and Lara Trump were in the crowd, however it's interesting to note that no one from his family - nor his legal or campaign team - were standing with the former president, during what is quite an important moment for him.

Last edited:
3h ago

Robert Tait

Donald Trump has called on the supreme court to step in and annul his guilty verdict in a hush-money trial that left him with the unwanted double distinction of being the first former US president to be a convicted felon.

The 2024 presumptive Republican nominee made his plea in a typically florid post on his Truth Social site, highlighting that a sentencing hearing scheduled for 11 July falls just four days before the GOP’s national convention in Milwaukee, when his nomination is expected to become official.

“The ‘Sentencing’ for not having done anything wrong will be, conveniently for the Fascists, 4 days before the Republican National Convention,” Trump wrote.

Why does he keep saying he did nothing wrong? He committed a felony. He knows he has committed a felony. He also knows there is more to come in his other upcoming trials. You have done wrong and you are a felon Trump.
Trump whining about the July 11th sentencing date and again blaming the wrong people is a no-starter.
Both the defense and the prosecution need to agree to a sentencing date before it's scheduled.
We've all seen judges ask both sides if they're available on such and such a date and many times the date needed to be changed because one side or both was scheduled for a trial or court procedure.

And Trump’s lawyers are expected to challenge Merchan’s decisions to keep the trial in Manhattan, where the former president is deeply unpopular, and to bless Bragg’s theory of the case.
The law required Bragg to show that Trump caused a false entry in the records of “an enterprise.” Trump’s lawyers might argue that no such enterprise was involved. The documents, they believe, belonged to Trump personally, not his company.
“The more complex the jury instructions, the more likely they are to bear appellate issues,” said Nathaniel Z. Marmur, a New York appellate lawyer. “And these are some of the most complex instructions one could imagine.”

Again, judges don't like to dissent from other judges. MOO I still don't see any reason for any successful appeals. @RANCH I know youll likely reply that you still see bias in the judge despite me going through the motions in why the judge was methodical and validated in their rules... and that's fine. We'll quite literally see for ourselves what will fly with the courts. The question is, will you be okay with what the appellate court decides? Or deny it and chalk it up to misconduct like this trial?

And Trump’s lawyers are expected to challenge Merchan’s decisions to keep the trial in Manhattan, where the former president is deeply unpopular, and to bless Bragg’s theory of the case.

The judge determined that despite Trump’s unpopularity in Manhattan, a fair trial could be conducted through careful jury selection and instructions, as upheld in similar high-profile cases (e.g., Skilling v. United States, 561 U.S. 358 (2010)). Proper voir dire ensures unbiased jurors are selected, addressing potential prejudice.

The law required Bragg to show that Trump caused a false entry in the records of “an enterprise.” Trump’s lawyers might argue that no such enterprise was involved. The documents, they believe, belonged to Trump personally, not his company.

The prosecution argued that the Trump Organization, involved in Trump’s personal and business dealings, constitutes an enterprise under the law. This is consistent with legal interpretations where personal and business records are intertwined (e.g., United States v. Turkette, 452 U.S. 576 (1981)), making it valid for prosecution purposes.

“The more complex the jury instructions, the more likely they are to bear appellate issues,” said Nathaniel Z. Marmur, a New York appellate lawyer. “And these are some of the most complex instructions one could imagine.”

While complex jury instructions can be grounds for appeal, appellate courts often defer to the trial judge’s discretion unless there’s a clear error affecting the trial’s outcome. The prosecution would argue that the instructions, though complex, were accurate and did not mislead the jury, as supported by precedents like Henderson v. Kibbe, 431 U.S. 145 (1977).

Again, judges don't like to dissent from other judges. MOO I still don't see any reason for any successful appeals. @RANCH I know youll likely reply that you still see bias in the judge despite me going through the motions in why the judge was methodical and validated in their rules... and that's fine. We'll quite literally see for ourselves what will fly with the courts. The question is, will you be okay with what the appellate court decides? Or deny it and chalk it up to misconduct like this trial?

The judge determined that despite Trump’s unpopularity in Manhattan, a fair trial could be conducted through careful jury selection and instructions, as upheld in similar high-profile cases (e.g., Skilling v. United States, 561 U.S. 358 (2010)). Proper voir dire ensures unbiased jurors are selected, addressing potential prejudice.

The prosecution argued that the Trump Organization, involved in Trump’s personal and business dealings, constitutes an enterprise under the law. This is consistent with legal interpretations where personal and business records are intertwined (e.g., United States v. Turkette, 452 U.S. 576 (1981)), making it valid for prosecution purposes.

While complex jury instructions can be grounds for appeal, appellate courts often defer to the trial judge’s discretion unless there’s a clear error affecting the trial’s outcome. The prosecution would argue that the instructions, though complex, were accurate and did not mislead the jury, as supported by precedents like Henderson v. Kibbe, 431 U.S. 145 (1977).
I think that the appeal process should run it's course because I believe it's a very important part of our justice system. It's there to reverse convictions if there are any legal errors that caused a person to be convicted.

Why wouldn't I accept what happens in the appeal process? I find that question to be rather strange.

JMO.

Yes, it's a longshot. It especially has no chance if based on the underlying other crime issue or because Cohen is a liar. Doubtful even if got that far that the <modsnip> Supreme Court would even hear the case. jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that the appeal process should run it's course because I believe it's a very important part of our justice system. It's there to reverse convictions if there are any legal errors that caused a person to be convicted.

Why wouldn't I accept what happens in the appeal process? I find that question to be rather strange.

JMO.

Not meaning to throw you off - just curious.

Yes, it's a longshot. It especially has no chance if based on the underlying other crime issue or because Cohen is a liar. Doubtful even if got that far that the corrupt Supreme Court would even hear the case. jmo

Agreed. MOO Personally, I would be SHOCKED if it went through even the first court of appeals. SHOCKED.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back