WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely don't buy the idea that AA or SAH (toddler) had any sort of medical issue that brought this about. NC is the daughter of a doctor (MD, dad said so in the interview as an aside.) She finished college and is about to take LSATs and become a lawyer. She's no dummy when it comes to these things. The moment a child is hurt it's going to be.... go to a hospital. Period. Her daddy is a doctor.

The fantastical idea is that they've left the area and are building a new life together with hidden stash of cash and new identification/fake passports. But that's in the movies. I think they're hiding out in some nondescript town/village somewhere desperately hoping no one will hear about this missing child/family, trying to lie low. Part of me also thinks there's a side of Aaron that no one is sharing just yet.
Exactly- she is not stupid and they aren't riding off into the sunset.

Which begs the question: why would she knowingly become an accessory to a kidnapping. And why do it seconds before you're getting on a plane to Italy? A lot doesn't add up here.

Which begs the question: why would she knowingly become an accessory to a kidnapping. And why do it seconds before you're getting on a plane to Italy? A lot doesn't add up here.
And devastating and scaring your parents by sneaking out of the airport without a word - that detail really nags at me.

jmo

And devastating and scaring your parents by sneaking out of the airport without a word - that detail really nags at me.

jmo
I was literally going to type something similar here. Of course their first thought was probably that she was possibly sick and still in the restroom, followed by fears of abduction. I'm sure airport security had to get involved and comb through various security footage, etc.

I wonder if her checked baggage even had anything in it.

I agree. It doesn't add up. But it's possible (pure speculation) that NC wasn't nearly as enthusiastic about the trip to Italy as has been reported. Supposedly the planning had been going on for a year. Maybe she was initially excited but over time.... Still makes no sense she'd get to the point of the airline gate. But sometimes people do weird things rather than tell family the truth, particularly if family members are at all authoritarian. NC appears to be "book smart" but we don't know much about her otherwise from more objective sources.
MOO

I agree. It doesn't add up. But it's possible (pure speculation) that NC wasn't nearly as enthusiastic about the trip to Italy as has been reported. Supposedly the planning had been going on for a year. Maybe she was initially excited but over time.... Still makes no sense she'd get to the point of the airline gate. But sometimes people do weird things rather than tell family the truth, particularly if family members are at all authoritarian. NC appears to be "book smart" but we don't know much about her otherwise from more objective sources.
MOO
I'm thinking that she may have thought it would buy her more time. If she just hadn't shown up at the airport, they'd be looking for her wherever she lived (assuming she didn't live with her parents) and possibly they'd realize that her fiance was gone, too, assuming she lived with him. If she lived with the parents, it may have been difficult to take off in the middle of the night - someone would hear her car, for example. But by dashing off in the airport, they probably focused their attention inside the airport for hours - maybe the restroom was out of supplies so she had to walk further to another one... maybe she went to get some last minute food so let's check all the food vendors... and so on. JMO

Edited to add a bit later: Plus, by leaving her phone with her parents, it adds to the "someone must have abducted her or she's sick or hurt somewhere" plot that she may have been trying to act out. NO ONE would ever leave their phone behind, unless someone safe like family or a friend was watching. "Surely she didn't just take off and leave that behind!"

Last edited:

Old novels are full of stories of young women running away from their family to marry a bounder everyone disapproves of. We don't know her maturity, the family dynamics, etc. Maybe a folie a deux type of scenario?

JMO

Old novels are full of stories of young women running away from their family to marry a bounder everyone disapproves of. We don't know her maturity, the family dynamics, etc. Maybe a folie a deux type of scenario?

JMO
Running away on a romantic whim is one thing, but also kidnapping a child? Shared delusion would explain it.

She will be going to jail if she is helping him hide this child. She just flushed her life down the toilet for this guy.

The FBI will find them and if they don't her parent's private detective will.

I have to believe she didn't know the child was coming along and now just refuses to betray her fiancé or worse.

Just a small question... Aaron was supposedly going to Montana. But all his vehicles are accounted for, which leads me to wonder what he did for five days with the vehicle that he would have headed out in. Did he make a show of leaving in a known vehicle on 5/29, but return unseen and leave it somewhere sometime after 5/29? Were he and Seraya supposed to be riding with friends, so that his vehicle remaining in town would seem correct? It could be as simple as leaving it in a closed and locked garage, if he had one that no one else would normally access, but there'd still be a risky bit about getting another car, possibly having to get a ride or an Uber to pick up said car, possibly being remembered or seen with that car, etc.

vehicles accounted for

The Pullman Police department issued a warrant out for Aung's arrest for first-degree Custodial Interference. Police say Aung is in violation of a Latah County District Court parenting plan for retaining custody of his missing 2-year-old.
[snip]
"It is more than coincidence that she went missing at the same time," Pullman Police commander Aaron Breshears said.
[snip]
"Simply bring your daughter back. Talk to the local police where you're at our concern right now is not about arresting you. It is about getting your daughter home to her mother where she has the court has ordered. That's where she's supposed to be," Breshears said.
'Bring your daughter back' | Pullman Police ask for public's help to find missing 2-year-old

JMO until we learn of a compelling reason why Seraya’s dad would go on the run with her I’m of the opinion that he and Nadia are committing a terrible wrong against an innocent child.

What do they tell Seraya when she says she wants her mommy? Where could they successfully hide out that provides an appropriate environment for her?
All MOO

Something like that could've happened, but I think the timing might be off. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think NC left the airport before her boyfriend picked up his daughter. If that's not right, we do at least know they disappeared the same day.

I'm stumped why they did this.

jmo

I don't think we've seen anything in MSM or from LE about what time on the 29th Aaron and Seraya were last seen.

jmo

As a parent, yes. But as a former 21 year old, I don't think this is beyond the pale - among the spoiled little rich girls I grew up with, I could see this happening.

For those saying above that NC has ruined her life, she absolutely hasn't- once they're all found safe I suspect she will turn the tables on AA, play the victim, go to law school, and she'll be fine. Pretty sure the family has resources to make sure that happens.

As a parent, yes. But as a former 21 year old, I don't think this is beyond the pale - among the spoiled little rich girls I grew up with, I could see this happening.

For those saying above that NC has ruined her life, she absolutely hasn't- once they're all found safe I suspect she will turn the tables on AA, play the victim, go to law school, and she'll be fine. Pretty sure the family has resources to make sure that happens.
FWIW, I don't think she has ruined her life and hope I didn't give that impression.

I do think she treated her parents and the little girl's mother badly. At this point, I think she is either selfish or self-righteous. Fortunately, neither of those things are criminal and both can be remedied with self-reflection and the decision to grow up.

jmo

Yeah, now way this ruins her life. She's got a well off family; she's a good student; she's good looking; most important, she's 21.

Moo..if she dyes her hair black, they just going to look like an immigrant couple. I can entertain the thought they left the country... What culture is he from? They could be safe in USA if they are in a community of immigrants ..moo

FWIW, I don't think she has ruined her life and hope I didn't give that impression.

I do think she treated her parents and the little girl's mother badly. At this point, I think she is either selfish or self-righteous. Fortunately, neither of those things are criminal and both can be remedied with self-reflection and the decision to grow up.

jmo

Yeah, now way this ruins her life. She's got a well off family; she's a good student; she's good looking; most important, she's 21.
IMO it all depends on if she's committed a crime. If so, she can forget about law school and ready employment.

Moo... she has changed her life. Whether she has ruined it... depends on what she wanted from life in the first place. If she is from authoritan family, school may mean nothing to her...moo

and, after the court had established paternity and a visitation/custodial arrangement, has now apparently taken illegal steps to get mom out of Seraya's life.

MOO that is not how I would define a good dad.
My ex once threatened me with court, a man that hid from us for the first 9 months of her life. Wasted cash on paternity and then... He could take me to court all he liked, not a chance he would stick to it. The new woman of the month was always much more important, this is exactly what I see here, except he actually bothered with the child, what nonsense has he fed this young lady? Why did she behave so shady?

Moo... she has changed her life. Whether she has ruined it... depends on what she wanted from life in the first place. If she is from authoritan family, school may mean nothing to her...moo
School was apparently very important to her. She recently graduated from college and has (had?) plans to take the LSAT exam this summer to get into law school.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member