Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:
Bob Macedonio jumped right in to correct what VH was quoted as saying and it is ugly.

Gilgo Beach suspect Rex Heuermann's wife breaks silence

View attachment 508707
New York Post
https://nypost.com › 2023/07/31 › gilgo-beach-suspects...

Jul 31, 2023 — Asked what she meant, Ellerup's lawyer, Bob Macedonio, chimed in, “She meant what they've done to them and the family is not even human.
Wasn't that because their home was absolutely trashed when the cops got done with it? I think I recall seeing a pic of their bathtub smashed up.

Wasn't that because their home was absolutely trashed when the cops got done with it? I think I recall seeing a pic of their bathtub smashed up.
It wasn't smashed. They cut a hole out of the side panelling (cosmetic) to access the plumbing. They would have taken every trap in the house. As far as I remember, the fixing of the traps from the sinks and bath was offered to be done for free for them by generous members of the public.

MOO

Last edited:
I think the last murder they've connected him was in 2011 and I highly doubt he quit after that.

...one of the most prolific serial killers ever on Long Island

WTH? I thought that was going say in the country. How many serial killers have they had on LI for him to be "one of the most prolific"? :oops:

I had the same reaction!

I thought at first the doc seemed to suggest the killings were "definitely" done in the home. But actually, it doesn't. (his bail doc, p20) "... now the murders of Ms. Taylor and Ms. Costilla, occurred at times when Defendant Heuermann would have had unfettered time to execute his plans for each victim without any fear that his family or others residing at TARGET RESIDENCE would uncover or learn of his involvement in these crimes." That's kind of different from an outright statement they occurred in the home. Here's why I'm wondering about this so much.

He lives in that LI neighborhood, he's had contact with hundreds of sex workers.
There's no way he was strolling around there with "hundreds" of women other than his wife over the years, the neighbors would have been abuzz with this info right from the get-go. Obviously, he was meeting with sex workers at various points somewhere else. Where? I'm sure hotels, but-- somewhere else. He notes concerns about noise. How'd he keep the victims from screaming repeatedly? I just don't believe he did this either routinely or for all murder victims in the home. With that said, he clearly engaged in such horror (the push pins and the cloths and so on), so he had to have had the victims in an indoor location at some point.

I know people are mentioning on here the idea of a darkroom, too, for photos. He mentions rolls of film in that doc, so agreed on this, suspecting the darkroom. And these are possible even for frugal people, I knew people of pretty modest means who had one in the home. But here's something weird with that photo thing. He says at one point for supplies, "photo film." (p22) But he comes back on p24 post-event with Dispose of Pics. So he takes photos, goes to the trouble of developing them himself, and then immediately destroys them? Is he talking about only "some" pics destroyed??

??? A million questions here.

I thought at first the doc seemed to suggest the killings were "definitely" done in the home. But actually, it doesn't. (his bail doc, p20) "... now the murders of Ms. Taylor and Ms. Costilla, occurred at times when Defendant Heuermann would have had unfettered time to execute his plans for each victim without any fear that his family or others residing at TARGET RESIDENCE would uncover or learn of his involvement in these crimes." That's kind of different from an outright statement they occurred in the home. Here's why I'm wondering about this so much.

He lives in that LI neighborhood, he's had contact with hundreds of sex workers.
There's no way he was strolling around there with "hundreds" of women other than his wife over the years, the neighbors would have been abuzz with this info right from the get-go. Obviously, he was meeting with sex workers at various points somewhere else. Where? I'm sure hotels, but-- somewhere else. He notes concerns about noise. How'd he keep the victims from screaming repeatedly? I just don't believe he did this either routinely or for all murder victims in the home. With that said, he clearly engaged in such horror (the push pins and the cloths and so on), so he had to have had the victims in an indoor location at some point.

I know people are mentioning on here the idea of a darkroom, too, for photos. He mentions rolls of film in that doc, so agreed on this, suspecting the darkroom. And these are possible even for frugal people, I knew people of pretty modest means who had one in the home. But here's something weird with that photo thing. He says at one point for supplies, "photo film." (p22) But he comes back on p24 post-event with Dispose of Pics. So he takes photos, goes to the trouble of developing them himself, and then immediately destroys them? Is he talking about only "some" pics destroyed??

??? A million questions here.
I think the answer you're looking for might be Polaroid. It's still film, and it does the developing for you.

I’m betting VH working for dad is part of that Stockholm Syndrome. I’m thinking she was so used to his control she didn’t know what else she was capable of doing but working for him. I feel so bad for their situation (meaning the kids). I feel VH is staring to get it hence her statement I don’t feel human. She’s probably rethinking her whole life. That makes me sad.
I believe, RH didn't think of his children or wife being victims to Stockholm Syndrome. IMO, he rather meant his hunted victims/girls, who he murdered more or less promptly.

ETA: But we on the outside can see his children (and/or wife) also as possibly being victims to the same syndrome. Maybe. Idk, if it is the right diagnosis.

Last edited:
Okay some more thoughts -MOO

We know that in 1993- he didn't dismember. Three years later we have Karen vergata who was dismembered. Personally I think that he's good for everyone found on Ocean parkway, he then stops dismembering for Asian doe and the gilgo 4. He had been using ocean parkway for nearly 15 years without the bodies being found, so I wonder if that's why he stopped dismembering he thought he was safe. After the victims were found on Gilgo we have a year in between searches maybe he reined himself in for that year, perhaps he was worried he would be caught and he knew there were people they didn't find in 2010. So say from 2012-2020 when covid hit, what was he upto? He had a black chevy Avalanche when arrested. I was convinced there was another site that he placed body parts because some of the body parts ie Karen's Torso not being found but the bail documents show he only used two. Feel free to pick this apart I won't be offended.

We know that in 1993- he didn't dismember. Three years later we have Karen vergata who was dismembered. Personally I think that he's good for everyone found on Ocean parkway, he then stops dismembering for Asian doe and the gilgo 4. He had been using ocean parkway for nearly 15 years without the bodies being found, so I wonder if that's why he stopped dismembering he thought he was safe. After the victims were found on Gilgo we have a year in between searches maybe he reined himself in for that year, perhaps he was worried he would be caught and he knew there were people they didn't find in 2010. So say from 2012-2020 when covid hit, what was he upto? He had a black chevy Avalanche when arrested. I was convinced there was another site that he placed body parts because some of the body parts ie Karen's Torso not being found but the bail documents show he only used two. Feel free to pick this apart I won't be offended.
We know there's a minimum of one other site because Peaches' head has also not been found.

I think that's one of the big reasons for the big recent public searches of woodlands with cadaver dogs. They're looking for the rest of Karen and Peaches, and any other victims that might still lie out there unfound.

MOO

We know there's a minimum of one other site because Peaches' head has also not been found.

I think that's one of the big reasons for the big recent public searches of woodlands with cadaver dogs. They're looking for the rest of Karen and Peaches, and any other victims that might still lie out there unfound.

MOO

That actually makes sense because this was in 96 and 97.

I think the last murder they've connected him was in 2011 and I highly doubt he quit after that.

...one of the most prolific serial killers ever on Long Island

WTH? I thought that was going say in the country. How many serial killers have they had on LI for him to be "one of the most prolific"? :oops:
I don't believe he ever quit. RH had a pattern to kill when his wife was out of state/country. And wasn't Asa getting ready to leave for her family visit in another country?

Rex Heuermann was still seeking out sex workers in the year before he was arrested for allegedly killing three prostitutes, according to investigators.

After a year of surveillance, Suffolk County cops arrested the 59-year-old father of two Thursday out of fear he might slip back into his alleged old ways and kill again.

"There's a tension between getting the evidence necessary to charge somebody but also keeping the public safe," county District Attorney Ray Tierney told reporters.

As we worked through the case, and we got closer and closer, and we built the evidence, suddenly the balance tips in favor of public safety ... Collectively, we felt that it was time to strike that balance and to take him off the street. So that's what we did."

After killing Barthelemy, Heuermann is believed to have taunted her sister roughly a dozen times from the victim's cellphone.

"Is this Melissa’s little sister?" the unknown male voice asked in one exchange. “Do you know what your sister is doing? She’s a w h o r e."

The caller admitted to killing and sexually assaulting Barthelemy numerous times before going dark, a bail application said.

"Our family has suffered every day," said Barthelemy's mother Lynn, who lives in upstate New York.

"We knew all along that the phone calls were going to be key."

I don't believe he ever quit. RH had a pattern to kill when his wife was out of state/country. And wasn't Asa getting ready to leave for her family visit in another country?

Rex Heuermann was still seeking out sex workers in the year before he was arrested for allegedly killing three prostitutes, according to investigators.

After a year of surveillance, Suffolk County cops arrested the 59-year-old father of two Thursday out of fear he might slip back into his alleged old ways and kill again.

"There's a tension between getting the evidence necessary to charge somebody but also keeping the public safe," county District Attorney Ray Tierney told reporters.

As we worked through the case, and we got closer and closer, and we built the evidence, suddenly the balance tips in favor of public safety ... Collectively, we felt that it was time to strike that balance and to take him off the street. So that's what we did."

[URL

I think we need to look back as far as 1983

That actually makes sense because this was in 96 and 97.
Assuming he is responsible for Karen, Peaches and her baby, Valerie, and Jessica, the pattern he seemed to do was torsos in woodlands, limbs and heads along the beaches. Most of the victims he left whole seem to have been left on beaches, too, Sandra being an exception who was left in the woods. It really wouldn't surprise me if Peaches' skull lies undiscovered on a beach or near one, and Karen's torso is in a wooded area.

MOO

Does he have a hunting cabin or blind he's adapted?
He has a boat doesn't he did he have a boat house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper