Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he have a hunting cabin or blind he's adapted?
He has a boat doesn't he did he have a boat house?
I was wondering that too. Or I wonder if he was able to take advantage in some of the condemned or abandoned houses near Massapequa or Manorville? Particularly ones with a basement or were isolated.

I also wonder if he broke into and used homes or buildings that were for sale or under construction or knew the homeowners would not be around for a period time?

Last edited:
I was wondering that too. Or I wonder if he was able to take advantage in some of the condemned or abandoned houses near Massapequa or Manorville?

He strikes me as someone who sits like a spider in a meticulous web, luring people into his trap.

Condemned and abandoned houses are very quickly identified by certain elements of the public. They become squats and drug dens and places rebellious teens gather to smoke, drink, and mess about, both sexually and in a more general antisocial way.

They would not provide him with the control of his environment that I think he seems to desire, or even require. There are serial killers that kill in the woods, those that kill in their cars or trucks, those that kill in the streets, those that kill in their victim's homes, and those who kill in their own. While all killers are capable of a degree of flexibility and change, the ones who like to kill at their own home tend to do it because I suspect it's an important part of the fantasy of complete control, of a lengthy amount of time spent with a victim that a more public space does not allow. Gacy, Dahmer, the Wests, HH Holmes... These people all killed primarily in their home environment, and they were all extreme sadists who tortured their victims. RH seems rather like he shares this in common with them.

MOO

One thing that seems curious is that for all the SW's that he has been with over the past 40 years, what about the ones that got away? The ones he didn't kill and torture. We heard from one who went on a date with him and sensed his depravity - and possibly saved her own life - but surely there must be more. MOO.

I want to see some receipts on that story before I take it as Gospel imo. I like Nikki but she's teamed up with John Ray very quickly and that makes me very sceptical. They were on Banfield last night and talked about a white envelope. Her story keeps expanding.

"Tierney said Heuermann referenced the book "not to gain insight into his own behavior or to modify or change it, but rather to use it as a means of improving his methodology and avoid capture by the authorities."

article is a good brief synopsis ... thanks for posting it.

Did Sandra have any tattoos? Jessica did, Peaches did. Karen Vergata had a surgical scar on her left leg.
Asian Male has never been mentioned in association with a tattoo (that I've seen, anyhow). He was also not dismembered. However, I'm not seeing any mention of Valerie Mack having a tattoo, and she went missing back in 2000. She was dismembered. But did they ever recover her full skeleton? Seeing this: "Mack's dismembered remains were located in separate locations over an 11-year span. Her torso was found in Manorville in 2000, not long after she was last seen. In 2011, her head, hands and right foot were found by Gilgo Beach."
Saying maybe he used to be incredibly careful w/the tattoos/identifying marks and as you said, at some point later, he figured he was safe.

But also of interest would be the idea that Valerie Mack and Jessica Taylor were both tied up like a hunter did it. Source: “Their leg area was bound in a ball,” one former investigator told PIX11 News. “You’d have to be a hunter to do something like that.” https://pix11.com/news/local-news/l...fore-being-tied-to-gilgo-beach-serial-killer/
So RH does things very differently here, too, with the way he left Sandra C. v the way he left Jessica & Valerie. This makes me wonder a lot about what he's covering up with his M/O, per his own notes for "Problems, " "M/O Plastic Bag/Cat Litter." I would think to soak up blood and fluid, too, but he lists "Blood Stains" as a separate problem just above. https://www.scribd.com/document/739...Superseding-Bail-Application-from-June-6-2024

None of the OP victims after Jessica Taylor were dismembered, so Amber, Megan, Melissa, Maureen. I know at least one of these victims DID have tattoos, but none dismembered. So was RH maybe more fearful and cautious in relation to tattoos early on, and as you note, he felt safe and became more comfortable, so he stopped dismembering? As of 2002, he was still noting the tattoos on his "HK" doc. So he was still concerned on them then. Maybe this is why he didn't dismember in 1993, no tattoo? OR something with his vehicle situation may have changed.

Me too. Maybe even a little further.

Me three. I strongly feel that RH's younger self was a real actor.
I think he probably got away with that very tall, and perhaps gawky, "ah shucks" kind of persona.

hmmm now I do wonder what profilers have to say about really tall perps.

I want to see some receipts on that story before I take it as Gospel imo. I like Nikki but she's teamed up with John Ray very quickly and that makes me very sceptical. They were on Banfield last night and talked about a white envelope. Her story keeps expanding.

I'm more curious about other SWs who dated RH and their stories about him. He must have been with hundreds and hundreds of women over those years. But we've only heard from one. I'm curious what made him choose to torture and kill some, and choose to not kill others IMO.

One thing that seems curious is that for all the SW's that he has been with over the past 40 years, what about the ones that got away? The ones he didn't kill and torture. We heard from one who went on a date with him and sensed his depravity - and possibly saved her own life - but surely there must be more. MOO.
"Rex Heuermann was still seeking out sex workers in the year before he was arrested for allegedly killing three prostitutes, according to investigators."

"But this individual was a person that continued to patronize sex workers at all hours of the night. He continued to use fictitious email addresses fictitious identities, burner phones.

"As we worked through the case, and we got closer and closer, and we built the evidence, suddenly the balance tips in favor of public safety ... Collectively, we felt that it was time to strike that balance and to take him off the street. So that's what we did."

HIs planning doc seems to be all about his murdering, leading me to think he's relating it to the girls. I could possibly see if the girls had pleaded for their lives, perhaps he confused that with Stockholm Syndrome. IMO.
That seems far fetched considering RH is meticulous when it comes to his “craft”. I thought about AE - I mean how did they meet - but that seems unlikely.

Perhaps it was a plan he wanted to set in motion. I wonder if he also had the classic The Collector lying around?

That seems far fetched considering RH is meticulous when it comes to his “craft”. I thought about AE - I mean how did they meet - but that seems unlikely.

Perhaps it was a plan he wanted to set in motion. I wonder if he also had the classic The Collector lying around?

You think he was planning on holding someone captive long term?

"Rex Heuermann was still seeking out sex workers in the year before he was arrested for allegedly killing three prostitutes, according to investigators."

"But this individual was a person that continued to patronize sex workers at all hours of the night. He continued to use fictitious email addresses fictitious identities, burner phones.

"As we worked through the case, and we got closer and closer, and we built the evidence, suddenly the balance tips in favor of public safety ... Collectively, we felt that it was time to strike that balance and to take him off the street. So that's what we did."

LE certainly suspected he was ready to strike again, after following him for what, a year?

He strikes me as someone who sits like a spider in a meticulous web, luring people into his trap.

Condemned and abandoned houses are very quickly identified by certain elements of the public. They become squats and drug dens and places rebellious teens gather to smoke, drink, and mess about, both sexually and in a more general antisocial way.

They would not provide him with the control of his environment that I think he seems to desire, or even require. There are serial killers that kill in the woods, those that kill in their cars or trucks, those that kill in the streets, those that kill in their victim's homes, and those who kill in their own. While all killers are capable of a degree of flexibility and change, the ones who like to kill at their own home tend to do it because I suspect it's an important part of the fantasy of complete control, of a lengthy amount of time spent with a victim that a more public space does not allow. Gacy, Dahmer, the Wests, HH Holmes... These people all killed primarily in their home environment, and they were all extreme sadists who tortured their victims. RH seems rather like he shares this in common with them.

MOO
Yes, here’s to hoping he didn’t take his hunting in the woods as far as Robert Hansen.

"In court, prosecutors said they gave Heuermann’s legal team over 10 terabytes of information to review in August, including subpoenas and court records totaling roughly 8,000 pages."

"Prosecutors gave additional evidence Wednesday, including about 5,000 pages of evidence related to two victims, the grand jury testimony, police memo books from the search of his home and video surveillance."

"Prosecutors will continue to provide discovery on a rolling basis ahead of the next court date on November 15, Suffolk County District Attorney Ray Tierney."

You think he was planning on holding someone captive long term?
It’s hard to say since we don’t know how long he kept his victims. The mention of this term makes one wonder. And speculate wildly.

Honestly, given his methods, I would think the victims would likely perish faster than the term Stockholm Syndrom implies.

Yes, here’s to hoping he didn’t take his hunting in the woods as far as Robert Hansen.
Fortunately the woods in Long Island are not the wilds of Alaska. I have hope that any in the area who are unfound will be found, in time.

Whether he had other hunting grounds has yet to be ascertained.

I really wish they would tear that other property a few states away apart. Or at least canvass the entire thing with cadaver dogs. It's exactly the kind of place someone could hide a body forever.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members