Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That could make 28 years of clockwork = 28 deaths + 1 from 1993.

MOO.
Which raises the question, why did he stop?

Did he stop?

Perhaps it became too labor intensive? Unable to lift as much?

Residual terror for anyone who now, thinking back, encountered him. Really in any capacity. Like the stench of death, the veneer over evil.

If nightmares had nightmares...

JMO

Fortunately the woods in Long Island are not the wilds of Alaska. I have hope that any in the area who are unfound will be found, in time.

Whether he had other hunting grounds has yet to be ascertained.

I really wish they would tear that other property a few states away apart. Or at least canvass the entire thing with cadaver dogs. It's exactly the kind of place someone could hide a body forever.

MOO
It’s also something that could lead to the death penalty if he transported a victim from LI to Palmyra.

Whether he had other hunting grounds has yet to be ascertained.

I really wish they would tear that other property a few states away apart. Or at least canvass the entire thing with cadaver dogs. It's exactly the kind of place someone could hide a body forever.

MOO
But surely that would be local women? Not from LI or NY? His document indicates that he recognized he was in danger in transport with body or parts in his possession, doesn't it? I think there were a few lines that indicated that.

The fantasy, the next level, in his pattern of escalation may have been just that, to keep a victim long-term. Truly we don't know that he didn't. We don't know what deleted files may have been overwritten, lost for all time. Secondary locations. Do we know the lengths of all of his wife's absences? There seems to be no bottom to his depravity.

JMO

New Newsday article on an interview with DA Ray Tierney:
“There’s an effort, alleged through that document, that shows these items he's buying, he's specifically making sure that you can’t trace it back,” Tierney said. “Having said that, there is a lot of documentation, in certain instances, where we have been able to trace back certain purchases and certain significant occurrences.”
The state has so much more evidence than we know:

But surely that would be local women? Not from LI or NY? His document indicates that he recognized he was in danger in transport with body or parts in his possession, doesn't it? I think there were a few lines that indicated that.
Yes, but he still did it, a minimum of six times. He didn't bury them under the floor or in the yard like most of Gacy's victims or the West's. He drove with bodies, dismembered and whole, every time he killed, because if a victim had been found on his Massapequa property, we would know by now.

Perhaps, if he did it, it was a thrill, driving with them further. Perhaps it was another deliberate MO change to avoid grouping certain victims with the Long Island ones. Maybe some he didn't mind if they were found, and others he wanted to 'keep'. Where better than on a wooded property owned by him and his family, where a body would likely never be stumbled across, unlike the ones left in the woods and on the beaches of Long Island which weary city dwellers flock to in even the harshest of seasons to escape the city?

Or maybe any victims down there would be locals, or picked up from the road someplace before arrival.

Without a search, we'll never know if it is a second site, or innocent woodlands devoid of slaughter.

MOO

I was actually wondering if he’s talking literally about butter and bread or he implying something else?

I am just catching up on the thread and still several pages behind, but....I agree, the "butter for your bread" stuck out to me, I think it's code. Apologies if this has already been discussed since!

When RH's grandfather WH died in 64' he had 7 children, RH's father TH was one of them.

His grandfather had 15 grandchildren when he died in 64' and RH was one of them.

RH has plenty of first cousins and could still have a few aunts and uncles alive too.
We should leave them alone. It's bad enough that they had to learn that they had a serial killer in their family. They absolutely do not need or deserve to be turned into objects of lurid public curiosity.

AE went once a year back to her home country almost like clockwork. There was a pattern of killing every time she left. So, yes, LE certainly suspected he was ready to strike again.
Poor killer: all his preparatory work was in vain this time, all wasted time. In vain his difficult planning, although/because his family was still present. :(

I am just catching up on the thread and still several pages behind, but....I agree, the "butter for your bread" stuck out to me, I think it's code. Apologies if this has already been discussed since!
;)

I hoped to find it, but I didn't.

Okay some more thoughts -MOO

We know that in 1993- he didn't dismember. Three years later we have Karen vergata who was dismembered. Personally I think that he's good for everyone found on Ocean parkway, he then stops dismembering for Asian doe and the gilgo 4. He had been using ocean parkway for nearly 15 years without the bodies being found, so I wonder if that's why he stopped dismembering he thought he was safe. After the victims were found on Gilgo we have a year in between searches maybe he reined himself in for that year, perhaps he was worried he would be caught and he knew there were people they didn't find in 2010. So say from 2012-2020 when covid hit, what was he upto? He had a black chevy Avalanche when arrested. I was convinced there was another site that he placed body parts because some of the body parts ie Karen's Torso not being found but the bail documents show he only used two. Feel free to pick this apart I won't be offended.
Chris Cuomo asks Ray Tierney "the really vexing question is what do you think he been up to since 2014"?

@5:00

Certainly he was convinced, he wouldn't get caught anyway.
Yes, but still he concentrated on ways to actively lessen the chances he would be discovered. For instance, use cash for gas. We know he knew to update his cell phone minutes with cash. There's a photo of that. All that prep though prob indicates his belief in his intelligence - leading to him outsmarting everyone.

Well, if this old article is an indication of what the meals are like now, I'd say he's talking about actual food.

No more New York slice. Enjoy your dry wholemeal bread and skim milk, RH.

MOO

I thought at first the doc seemed to suggest the killings were "definitely" done in the home. But actually, it doesn't. (his bail doc, p20) "... now the murders of Ms. Taylor and Ms. Costilla, occurred at times when Defendant Heuermann would have had unfettered time to execute his plans for each victim without any fear that his family or others residing at TARGET RESIDENCE would uncover or learn of his involvement in these crimes." That's kind of different from an outright statement they occurred in the home. Here's why I'm wondering about this so much.

He lives in that LI neighborhood, he's had contact with hundreds of sex workers.
There's no way he was strolling around there with "hundreds" of women other than his wife over the years, the neighbors would have been abuzz with this info right from the get-go. Obviously, he was meeting with sex workers at various points somewhere else. Where? I'm sure hotels, but-- somewhere else. He notes concerns about noise. How'd he keep the victims from screaming repeatedly? I just don't believe he did this either routinely or for all murder victims in the home. With that said, he clearly engaged in such horror (the push pins and the cloths and so on), so he had to have had the victims in an indoor location at some point.

I know people are mentioning on here the idea of a darkroom, too, for photos. He mentions rolls of film in that doc, so agreed on this, suspecting the darkroom. And these are possible even for frugal people, I knew people of pretty modest means who had one in the home. But here's something weird with that photo thing. He says at one point for supplies, "photo film." (p22) But he comes back on p24 post-event with Dispose of Pics. So he takes photos, goes to the trouble of developing them himself, and then immediately destroys them? Is he talking about only "some" pics destroyed??

??? A million questions here.

yeah I'm still questioning how much occurred at the residence too

"Is this Melissa’s little sister?" the unknown male voice asked in one exchange. “Do you know what your sister is doing? She’s a w h o r e."
His views on morality are quite questionable (of course). Certainly already learned in his childhood, always having remained ambivalent. When he was grown up, he used the girls (even spent his money on them), but demonized them at the same time. Probably in his eyes they were to blame for his own bad character. MOO

It’s also something that could lead to the death penalty if he transported a victim from LI to Palmyra.
He meticulously counted the cameras on the LIE and other roads he'd have needed to travel on. He had police scanners. With this level of concern that his travels would lead to detection or apprehension, I can't imagine he'd have taken the risk of transporting a victim from VA to NY. There were plenty of targets close to home he could more safely kidnap.

Well, if this old article is an indication of what the meals are like now, I'd say he's talking about actual food.

No more New York slice. Enjoy your dry wholemeal bread and skim milk, RH.

MOO
Yet he’s gained so much weight!! Maybe his wife sneaks him sweets during her visits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member