Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All speculation, imo, fwiw
Did RH ever mention condoms?
Did he adjust his methods of killing and disposing of victims (Asian male?) to accommodate any fears he may have had regarding HIV/STDs?
Did he worry about passing anything on to those close to him?
Did he find a way to check prospective victims health records?
When he taunted family members of his victims, he referred to their loved ones with that nasty old-fashioned word, who..s, was he ever taunted for his ironically descriptive name?
Apr 16, 1990 Heidi Evans rbbm
''NEW YORK - A study that tested nearly 950 New York City streetwalkers found that a third of them were carrying the AIDS virus, one of the highest rates of infection ever found among U.S. prostitutes.
The nine-month study, paid for by the state Health Department and the federal Centers for Disease Control, tested streetwalkers in 18 neighborhoods in the five boroughs between April and December of last year.''

2008 By Patricia Fieldsteel rbbm
''Most of the girls (a term they preferred to “women”) worked the Lower East Side around Allen and Delancey. Many were well educated; they were also among the dirtiest and most degraded of the working girls. Diana had been an upper-class British vet, specializing in horses. Another had been a dentist. Julie, a petite redhead, had as identification a New York Public Library card. She got tested but refused to learn her results. Chiara came from a wealthy Milanese family and had battled severe anorexia and bulimia for more than 10 years. She’d sought treatment in a New York City eating disorders hospital where another patient had told her heroin stopped bulimia. Nothing, she said, was worse than the hell of bulimia, not even ending up homeless, hooking to pay for her next fix. In early 1990, Julie disappeared. Then others. Not unusual. Sometime in 1991, the girls on the Lower East Side started whispering about a pervert who killed. Street prostitutes are murdered all the time.

During the winter of 1989, a working girl entered the van on Broadway in the 90s. Trembling, she showed me her savagely bruised neck and pointed to a collegiate-looking guy in aviator glasses: “He tried to strangle me during sex. He’s tried on other girls, too.”

I want to see some receipts on that story before I take it as Gospel imo. I like Nikki but she's teamed up with John Ray very quickly and that makes me very sceptical. They were on Banfield last night and talked about a white envelope. Her story keeps expanding.
I agree and JR said in one of Banfield's Youtube clips on the interview that the "white envelope" was new to him, so he never heard about it before from Nikki.
IMO: there was no need to resurface Nikki.

I thought at first the doc seemed to suggest the killings were "definitely" done in the home. But actually, it doesn't. (his bail doc, p20) "... now the murders of Ms. Taylor and Ms. Costilla, occurred at times when Defendant Heuermann would have had unfettered time to execute his plans for each victim without any fear that his family or others residing at TARGET RESIDENCE would uncover or learn of his involvement in these crimes." That's kind of different from an outright statement they occurred in the home. Here's why I'm wondering about this so much.

He lives in that LI neighborhood, he's had contact with hundreds of sex workers.
There's no way he was strolling around there with "hundreds" of women other than his wife over the years, the neighbors would have been abuzz with this info right from the get-go. Obviously, he was meeting with sex workers at various points somewhere else. Where? I'm sure hotels, but-- somewhere else. He notes concerns about noise. How'd he keep the victims from screaming repeatedly? I just don't believe he did this either routinely or for all murder victims in the home. With that said, he clearly engaged in such horror (the push pins and the cloths and so on), so he had to have had the victims in an indoor location at some point.

I know people are mentioning on here the idea of a darkroom, too, for photos. He mentions rolls of film in that doc, so agreed on this, suspecting the darkroom. And these are possible even for frugal people, I knew people of pretty modest means who had one in the home. But here's something weird with that photo thing. He says at one point for supplies, "photo film." (p22) But he comes back on p24 post-event with Dispose of Pics. So he takes photos, goes to the trouble of developing them himself, and then immediately destroys them? Is he talking about only "some" pics destroyed??

??? A million questions here.

Since he specifically lists small women, maybe he initially incapacitated them or even killed them elsewhere, then smuggled them into his house in a bag/suitcase of some sort? He's a big guy and that probably would have been easy for him.

Re: film and the possibility of a darkroom vs. Polaroids (jumping off your post). The rolls of film makes me think of just that, not Polaroids. But photo film could refer to either type. Or both.

MOO.

Or he used to eat mostly protein and now he's eating a lot more carbs.

I also don't imagine he gets much exercise time. He's probably in seg, or whatever the equivalent is in jail.

MOO

he mentioned in his letter to the happy face killer that the only exercise is walking in circles around the (small?) yard - yep he's in segregation

"Rex Heuermann was still seeking out sex workers in the year before he was arrested for allegedly killing three prostitutes, according to investigators."

"But this individual was a person that continued to patronize sex workers at all hours of the night. He continued to use fictitious email addresses fictitious identities, burner phones.

"As we worked through the case, and we got closer and closer, and we built the evidence, suddenly the balance tips in favor of public safety ... Collectively, we felt that it was time to strike that balance and to take him off the street. So that's what we did."

BBM:

So LE had cameras on poles directed at his house and they were tracking him on his communications and he patronized SW'ers throughout that year/year and a half.

Does this mean that LE knows who these SW were and did they track them down and interview them before RH's arrest which could have been real dicey considering one of them could have tipped off RH?
I assume LE followed him on these excursions?

Where did AE think he was when he was out prowling for and/or meeting up with women?

All speculation, imo, fwiw
Did RH ever mention condoms?
Did he adjust his methods of killing and disposing of victims (Asian male?) to accommodate any fears he may have had regarding HIV/STDs?
Did he worry about passing anything on to those close to him?
Did he find a way to check prospective victims health records?
When he taunted family members of his victims, he referred to their loved ones with that nasty old-fashioned word, who..s, was he ever taunted for his ironically descriptive name?
Apr 16, 1990 Heidi Evans rbbm
''NEW YORK - A study that tested nearly 950 New York City streetwalkers found that a third of them were carrying the AIDS virus, one of the highest rates of infection ever found among U.S. prostitutes.
The nine-month study, paid for by the state Health Department and the federal Centers for Disease Control, tested streetwalkers in 18 neighborhoods in the five boroughs between April and December of last year.''

2008 By Patricia Fieldsteel rbbm
''Most of the girls (a term they preferred to “women”) worked the Lower East Side around Allen and Delancey. Many were well educated; they were also among the dirtiest and most degraded of the working girls. Diana had been an upper-class British vet, specializing in horses. Another had been a dentist. Julie, a petite redhead, had as identification a New York Public Library card. She got tested but refused to learn her results. Chiara came from a wealthy Milanese family and had battled severe anorexia and bulimia for more than 10 years. She’d sought treatment in a New York City eating disorders hospital where another patient had told her heroin stopped bulimia. Nothing, she said, was worse than the hell of bulimia, not even ending up homeless, hooking to pay for her next fix. In early 1990, Julie disappeared. Then others. Not unusual. Sometime in 1991, the girls on the Lower East Side started whispering about a pervert who killed. Street prostitutes are murdered all the time.

During the winter of 1989, a working girl entered the van on Broadway in the 90s. Trembling, she showed me her savagely bruised neck and pointed to a collegiate-looking guy in aviator glasses: “He tried to strangle me during sex. He’s tried on other girls, too.”
I’m not convinced he even had penetrative sex with the victims. He may have had sex with himself near them during torture or near their dead bodies. His kink was setting up and then executing his fantasy, So, that would be how avoided stds.

If LE were following him and he was patronizing SWs, how did they know he wasn't going to kill one? Even if they were monitoring, they could have rushed in too late if something happened.

I know it's a game of odds and gathering evidence and risks they had to take but I don't have to like it.

MOO.

hair looks greasy too - he must have alone shower time since he's in segregation but I wonder if he's bothering

Redness, bumps, bloodied pimples resembling acne
are symptoms of rosacea
(I checked Uncle Google ;))
or (food) allergy.

Last edited:
If LE were following him and he was patronizing SWs, how did they know he wasn't going to kill one? Even if they were monitoring, they could have rushed in too late if something happened.

I know it's a game of odds and gathering evidence and risks they had to take but I don't have to like it.
I'm not quite sure which one, but in one of the earlier press confrences when Tierney and the other heads of the task force were thanking people, they said some things that made me think they had someone working undercover in some sort of vice position. I think they at least a few people undercover working at massage parlors or other places. at that point they were tailing him so while there's still a risk, if he tried anything he'd be screwed.

He meticulously counted the cameras on the LIE and other roads he'd have needed to travel on. He had police scanners. With this level of concern that his travels would lead to detection or apprehension, I can't imagine he'd have taken the risk of transporting a victim from VA to NY. There were plenty of targets close to home he could more safely kidnap.
Yeah that’s mostly wishful thinking, I know. It appears he is unlikely to receive the death penalty. Unfortunately.

Unless he was into stalking ppl. That would indicate he might develop obsessions about a particular person. Which may lead to an MO that develops in unforseen ways.

Yeah that’s mostly wishful thinking, I know. It appears he is unlikely to receive the death penalty. Unfortunately.
no "active" death penalty in NY state. I think the better punishment would to be solitary confinement forever. he's a sadistic tinkerbell. he will die when people ignore him or take away his ability to be domineering .

Sorry , I was lost for a second due to misreading . His mom brought a house in Virginia but i dunno what year. I get amped whenever I think that Virginia information .
The mother appears to have purchased the Palmyra VA home in1994- so, where did she stay between leaving the home with RH and wife #1- from 1993-1994 purchase of VA house?

no "active" death penalty in NY state. I think the better punishment would to be solitary confinement forever. he's a sadistic tinkerbell. he will die when people ignore him or take away his ability to be domineering .
I was thinking that it would become a federal crime by the transportation from one state to another.

If LE can prove that any of the victims were murdered in RH’s home, would this change jurisdiction for his case? His home is in Nassau County but I know he’s being held in Suffolk County. Will everything regarding the 6 victims that he has been charged with remain in Suffolk? Can additional charges be brought against him in Nassau in addition to Suffolk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper