Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a case in England recently where the wife was missing for 40 years. She was in the septic tank. Husband is old and got life so he will die in prison.
Yes, but that was his own tank. He didn't put her in someone else's.

Also, killing one's wife involves different motives than killing a random woman out jogging.

To be frank, there is meaning in why a husband might put his wife there: it reflects his opinion of her, and he's lazy.

Whereas a young man who kills a female jogger is, IMO, usually quite interested in her body, and is (horrible but true) excited by the whole process.

JMO

No one takes their phone with them for a run if you have the watch, that’s the whole purpose for having the watch…….so you can run freely without having to carry a phone!.

Yes, but that was his own tank. He didn't put her in someone else's.

Also, killing one's wife involves different motives than killing a random woman out jogging.

To be frank, there is meaning in why a husband might put his wife there: it reflects his opinion of her, and he's lazy.

Whereas a young man who kills a female jogger is, IMO, usually quite interested in her body, and is (horrible but true) excited by the whole process.

JMO

Same with the body found in a septic tank in Texas. It was the owner of the property who was then faced with a murder warrant.
It was easy to find the murderer. He was serving a 12 year sentence for stabbing his wife to death at the same residence. And then he confessed to killing the 21 year old "10-12 years ago". (as per my previous link)

I am guessing that it takes a while to stuff an adult into a septic tank. Clean up any evidence (blood, other bodily matter) that may spread to the ground as a person is doing so. Which is why these two cases were done in the privacy of their own home.

imo

Tragic photo that could hold key to the hunt for missing Ballarat mum Samantha Murphy's body​

“A treasured family photograph has revealed how Samantha Murphy had long carried her phone in the distinct wallet case that it was still in when it was found in a muddy dam last month.

Seated beside husband Mick, the mother of three is seen clutching onto it during what is believed to have been her last family holiday abroad.”

I have snipped the photo to highlight the phone, but it also clearly shows her watch.

I actually thought that was what the news article was going cover, the fact that we can see her watch a bit clearer in this photo.

View attachment 508748

It does look like an Apple Watch to me.

IMHO

I don't get it. We always knew she had an apple watch and phone. DM fishing again.

Same with the body found in a septic tank in Texas. It was the owner of the property who was then faced with a murder warrant.
It was easy to find the murderer. He was serving a 12 year sentence for stabbing his wife to death at the same residence. And then he confessed to killing the 21 year old "10-12 years ago". (as per my previous link)

I am guessing that it takes a while to stuff an adult into a septic tank. Clean up any evidence (blood, other bodily matter) that may spread to the ground as a person is doing so. Which is why these two cases were done in the privacy of their own home.

imo
Plus, I'd expect a drive-up location.

JMO

I don't think the attack was of sexual nature.

IMO it was rage outburst,
as if something (unexpected) triggered the perp
(whoever he was).

Or a sick impulse of somebody deranged.

The attacker might have been under "influence" of drugs and/or alcohol.

If I remember correctly,
her heart stopped suddenly according to watch data Police had access to and examined.

Some speculated that the attacker might have also been the person who assaulted Sissy.
It was violent, but nothing was reported about SA.

Is this the same person?
Who knows?
Everything's possible.

Or were there 2 violent perps roaming the area of Ballarat? :oops:

Just my speculation.

JMO

Last edited:
Plus, I'd expect a drive-up location.

JMO
It surely would attract attention, dragging a body of a woman, and a pick, and a shovel and probably some sort of rope arrangement keeping all the tools together, across someone's field, and then start probing around ( another tool needed ) to find the lid.. .. in the dark it would be even more difficult. I just don't see it, myself..

imo
Also, this didn't say if the skeleton was in one piece, or closely lying to gether. .. Sorry. sorry. to any minors reading this... just a quick reference to Watts, he had trouble inserting a childs body in to the tank , in Colorado, not a septic tank, but the same principle, a relatively small inlet to work with.

Also, this didn't say if the skeleton was in one piece, or closely lying to gether. .. Sorry. sorry. to any minors reading this... just a quick reference to Watts, he had trouble inserting a childs body in to the tank , in Colorado, not a septic tank, but the same principle, a relatively small inlet to work with.
I had a septic tank when I lived in the Central West of NSW, and the access was much bigger than the eight inch diameter hole in the top of the oil tanks in the Watts case. It probably could have fit an adult body thought it.

MOO

Last edited:

"Victorian city of Ballarat to be base

of Australian-first anti-violence project.

The Victorian city of Ballarat will be home to
a world-leading family violence prevention program,
featuring a campaign
focused on respecting women and girls.

Premier Jacinta Allan announced
the four-year trial of the 'saturation model' today that will bring together new and expanded programs,
policies
and services
with a focus on driving down rates of family violence and men's violence against women.

It comes as three women were allegedly murdered in separate incidents across the regional city.

The program
will aim to change toxic and harmful attitudes towards women on social media."

Just a heads up , this article, and the amp9 news is 10 days old. It has nothing to add to Mrs Murphy's murder except her being one of a series of Ballarat women who have been murdered this year.. the answer, apparently, is to saturate Ballarat with ads saying dont' kill women. :rolleyes: Something you'd think people would already know.

Last edited:

"Victorian city of Ballarat to be base

of Australian-first anti-violence project.

The Victorian city of Ballarat will be home to
a world-leading family violence prevention program,
featuring a campaign
focused on respecting women and girls.

Premier Jacinta Allan announced
the four-year trial of the 'saturation model' today that will bring together new and expanded programs,
policies
and services
with a focus on driving down rates of family violence and men's violence against women.

It comes as three women were allegedly murdered in separate incidents across the regional city.

The program
will aim to change toxic and harmful attitudes towards women on social media."

Great and long overdue. As a former Bendigonian, I strongly recommend that any program focuses on local AFL football clubs. They are hotbeds of misogyny, toxic masculinity and substance abuse. Grown men (who never grew up themselves) worship the young talented players and drive their egos (buy them beers at the bar, hand them envelopes with cash). Instead they should be supporting them as positive role models. All country football teams seem to be like this, from my experience in Victoria. Oh, and if you’re a good player, there’s always someone to ‘cover’ for you if you do the wrong thing (drink driving, violent behaviour etc)…they are made to feel untouchable.
I have several friends who went on to play senior AFL and have heard many stories about big nights out where their managers have cleaned up after them (such as collecting CCTV) after they do something illegal that could damage either their reputation or the football club.

Great and long overdue. As a former Bendigonian, I strongly recommend that any program focuses on local AFL football clubs. They are hotbeds of misogyny, toxic masculinity and substance abuse. Grown men (who never grew up themselves) worship the young talented players and drive their egos (buy them beers at the bar, hand them envelopes with cash). Instead they should be supporting them as positive role models. All country football teams seem to be like this, from my experience in Victoria. Oh, and if you’re a good player, there’s always someone to ‘cover’ for you if you do the wrong thing (drink driving, violent behaviour etc)…they are made to feel untouchable.
I have several friends who went on to play senior AFL and have heard many stories about big nights out where their managers have cleaned up after them (such as collecting CCTV) after they do something illegal that could damage either their reputation or the football club.

Not to mention blatantly sniffing drugs on PREMISES of some night clubs without being bothered,
as video of the accused that surfaced and was shown in MSM, depicts.

"All are equal
But
Some are MORE equal"

Paraphrasing the famous quote from "Animal Farm" by G. Orwell

JMO

Last edited:

Just a heads up , this article, and the amp9 news is 10 days old. It has nothing to add to Mrs Murphy's murder except her being one of a series of Ballarat women who have been murdered this year.. the answer, apparently, is to saturate Ballarat with ads saying dont' kill women. :rolleyes: Something you'd think people would already know.
Totally agree. Banging up a bunch of Ads won’t do anything. These behaviours are so entrenched (and intergenerational) that boys will probably laugh them off.
That being said, I don’t know what the answer is. As a mother raising two young boys, I think that it is my responsibility to help them navigate this complex social and cultural environment. It helps enormously that my husband is a great bloke and a great dad. We are equal partners. That’s how it should be.

It surely would attract attention, dragging a body of a woman, and a pick, and a shovel and probably some sort of rope arrangement keeping all the tools together, across someone's field, and then start probing around ( another tool needed ) to find the lid.. .. in the dark it would be even more difficult. I just don't see it, myself..
Thanks for your informative posts regarding septic tanks Trooper.
Yes, it does seem like an awful lot of mucking around, when there are probably easier options available.
JMO

Yes, it does seem like an awful lot of mucking around, when there are probably easier options available.
JMO
Particularly after having a big night out with your mates. Don’t know about you, but after i go out (rare these days) I get home and harness all my strength to grill a cheese sandwich, at the most.
Killing someone and hiding a body seems very hard indeed.
More and more I’m leaning towards Occam’s razor principle - impulsive, opportunistic crime driven by internal rage, sloppy frantic clean up, ditches body not far from where it happened, potentially shares photo/video with a friend to show-off/brag, followed by a fair bit of luck in not getting caught sooner. 100% speculation on my part. Don’t think we’re dealing with a criminal mastermind here.

JMO
In my neighborhood, back in the day, a farming area, septic tank problems were always discussed outside in the stables, no man was ever left to fix it alone, a gaggle of men ( never the ladies ) would front up with tools to help, it was always felt that it was not a loner's job. Now , I don't know if it was a loners job, or if the blokes all took a morning off to try out the sherry or the port and fix the tank. But it was always posed as not a job for one man, lifting the lid took a few of them. Whether they gathered for morale or for physical help, I don't know.

But come around Xmas time it was the beginning of the Tomato Wars, when your best tomato's grew over the septic tank and a neighbor was never allowed near it , in case they saw the wonderfulness of your tomato's . The competition was fierce between farms, the War was serious, often guerillla tactics used , for miles along the river.

Most tanks are hidden, not only from the home, but a long way from the road, and often tastefully surrounded by nice wattle and ( on what is now a brothers farm) wisteria and ferns. It would be awfully hard to find someone else's tank.

In my neighborhood, back in the day, a farming area, septic tank problems were always discussed outside in the stables, no man was ever left to fix it alone, a gaggle of men ( never the ladies ) would front up with tools to help, it was always felt that it was not a loner's job. Now , I don't know if it was a loners job, or if the blokes all took a morning off to try out the sherry or the port and fix the tank. But it was always posed as not a job for one man, lifting the lid took a few of them. Whether they gathered for morale or for physical help, I don't know.

But come around Xmas time it was the beginning of the Tomato Wars, when your best tomato's grew over the septic tank and a neighbor was never allowed near it , in case they saw the wonderfulness of your tomato's . The competition was fierce between farms, the War was serious, often guerillla tactics used , for miles along the river.

Most tanks are hidden, not only from the home, but a long way from the road, and often tastefully surrounded by nice wattle and ( on what is now a brothers farm) wisteria and ferns. It would be awfully hard to find someone else's tank.
I need to know what happens next in the Tomato Wars! you certainly have a way with words, Trooper.

Our family had a septic tank next to the car garage…but it was completely underground with maybe some of the lid showing. Now that you mention it, I recall having prolific pumpkin plants growing up over the top. Clearly, the soil was rich in that area…and no one considered how truly gross it was to be eating poo-pumpkins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper