KY KY - Miya Tucker, 8-months, not found during welfare check, parents arrested for child abandonment & drug possession, Reynolds Station, 6 Jun 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do you just assume that children are removed if born to drug addicted parents?
This is a good article about drug testing newborns in the U.S.

"In most cases, it’s up to doctors and hospital protocol to determine when to perform drug tests. Hospitals typically take a risk-based approach to testing infants. Medical staff will only drug test babies of mothers who are suspected of substance abuse or have a history of substance abuse. Unfortunately, this could lead to some exposed infants slipping through the cracks. Testing of newborns is done using samples from urine, meconium, blood, hair, umbilical cord blood or tissue samples. Some child advocacy groups are advocating for universal drug testing of newborns and mothers upon delivery."

Important to note: 'Only four states (North Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa and Kentucky) require hospitals to test both new mothers and their children if medical professionals suspect drug use."

OHIO CO., Ky. (WFIE) - Kentucky State Police have a search team with cadaver dogs in Reynolds Station.

Troopers say they are searching an area on Hardin Lane for missing eight-month-old Miya Tucker.

It’s near the Deanfield Church property, which is about half a mile from the home Miya lived in with her parents, Tesla Tucker and Cage Rudd, and her grandfather, Ricky Smith.

(..)
interesting, I wonder what took LE to that location? was one of the newly arrested family members talkative? Have their electronic devices helped LE narrow timeline and provided a possible location of remains?

I hope they find baby girl, she needs to be treated properly not disposed of like so much trash.

ETA the location appears to be rural, possibly heavily wooded, if I am looking at the right area. I am eyeing that area near to Best Used Tires on Deanfield just where Hardin Lane intersects it.

Didn't I read yesterday that someone had sluethed Rudd owning a tire repair shop? Is the Best Used Tires shop Rudd's?
Deanfield Church Rd · Kentucky 42368

ETAA found the reference to best used tires. @Knox pointed it out in this post

Last edited:
interesting, I wonder what took LE to that location? was one of the newly arrested family members talkative? Have their electronic devices helped LE narrow timeline and provided a possible location of remains?

I hope they find baby girl, she needs to be treated properly not disposed of like so much trash.

ETA the location appears to be rural, possibly heavily wooded, if I am looking at the right area. I am eyeing that area near to Best Used Tires on Deanfield just where Hardin Lane intersects it.

Didn't I read yesterday that someone had sluethed Rudd owning a tire repair shop? Is the Best Used Tires shop Rudd's?
Deanfield Church Rd · Kentucky 42368

ETAA found the reference to best used tires. @Knox pointed it out in this post
Good find. Yes, the group is involved in tires. 2021, they had this on FB H&L Gr88 Used Tires Log into Facebook

Cage Cole FB

Ricky Smith has several FB pages, one is linked as a friend to Cage, if you follow that one it leads to older pages for Smith. On one post on a Ricky Smith FB page made August 20th 2023 he accuses Cage Rudd of attempting to break into his shop.

Tesla Tucker FB
And it turns out the other person accused in that post on RS's FB page, Webby, is none other than Timothy Roach, who goes by "Webby." The person arrested for drugs during a welfare check on the infant (when grandma was also arrested). Another entire family broken recently by this drug/crime spree spanning years.

And it turns out the other person accused in that post on RS's FB page, Webby, is none other than Timothy Roach, who goes by "Webby." The person arrested for drugs during a welfare check on the infant (when grandma was also arrested). Another entire family broken recently by this drug/crime spree spanning years.
The names you mention are all interconnected family members. All have drug charges. I know in my heart Miya is not with us anymore. So now its about safeguarding the remaining children. Poor sweet baby Miya never stood a chance in their care.

Clearly they are not....that's probably a contributing factor as to why there are so many threads here with dead/neglected/murdered kids here where parental drug use played a key part.
People can be addicted to drugs prior to learning of pregnancy and make the right choices to become good parents despite their pasts.

Miya's grandmother, Billie Smith, has been arrested. Troopers went to her home searching for Miya. Miya wasn't there, but they discovered grandmother had an unrelated warrant for a DV incident in Daviess County last year.

When Troopers were arriving at her house, they saw a man from Owensboro throw Suboxone under his vehicle, and he was also arrested.

The baby’s parents, Tesla Tucker and Cage Rudd, and the grandfather Ricky Smith, were arrested last week. They face child abandonment, child abuse and drug charges. They are due in court on Monday morning.

Tesla Tucker, 29, and 30-year-old Cage Rudd, of Reynolds Station, Ky., the parents of missing Miya Tucker, are due in court Monday to face charges of abandonment of a minor, child abuse, trafficking of legend drugs and engaging in organized crime, after she could not be located during a welfare check last week, according to Kentucky State Police.

Miya's grandmother, 49-year-old Billie (Rudd) Smith, is arrested on Sunday for a 2023 domestic violence warrant for 2nd degree assault, during the search for the girl.

View attachment 509144
That baby didn't seem to have a chance with a family like that.

Was doing some digging around on FB in regards to Tesla. The link below was sent to Tesla's family member from another family member of Tesla's in a FB post on May 15th basically stating that "Tesla needs to do this." This is very telling of what her situation was at the time Miya went missing.

Was doing some digging around on FB in regards to Tesla. The link below was sent to Tesla's family member from another family member of Tesla's in a FB post on May 15th basically stating that "Tesla needs to do this." This is very telling of what her situation was at the time Miya went missing.

Tesla has some self-relective posts in 2023, that sound like she may have wanted a different lifestyle. IMO, her Mom & sister also wanted her to get help. As per MSM, her Mom has custody of the other kids.

Authorities are focusing the search on a church cemetery and the wooded area behind the church in Reynolds Station, which is about two hours southwest of Louisville. KSP Trooper Corey King said the canines are searching ditches in the wooded area where some debris has been located.

This is the second time KSP has used cadaver dogs to search for Miya.

King said the cadaver dogs were previously used to search the family's home and there was enough evidence to conclude police needed to continue searching nearby.

King said authorities have been investigating Miya's family for years. He said Miya had three older siblings who had been removed from their parent's house due to the condition of the house.

Miya was born in October 2023. Social workers were planning to remove her from her parents' custody shortly after her birth because the child's umbilical cord tested positive for methamphetamines, King said.

King said the parents were moved and left the hospital. After that, he said they continued to move around and evade authorities for months.

King said neither parent knew where Miya was and neither are cooperating with the investigation
Three other people, including Miya's grandparents, have since been arrested as authorities search for the young girl. Many of the charges are for drug violations.

"Every aspect of interviewing and investigating, merely looking for the safety of this child has netted an arrest, a drug arrest," King said. "All we're trying to do is get the answers to where the whereabouts of this child, but sadly, everybody that's involved in this, when we go to talk to them, we find drugs and they go to jail."

According to King, KSP isn't getting much information from the people already arrested and the investigation has relied on forensic interviews from non-family members and evidence collected so far.

"[That evidence] is what's led us to this location and utilizing the cadaver dogs to see if some of these tips are true and what tangible evidence is pointing us in what direction we have," he said.

Authorities are focusing the search on a church cemetery and the wooded area behind the church in Reynolds Station, which is about two hours southwest of Louisville. KSP Trooper Corey King said the canines are searching ditches in the wooded area where some debris has been located.

This is the second time KSP has used cadaver dogs to search for Miya.

King said the cadaver dogs were previously used to search the family's home and there was enough evidence to conclude police needed to continue searching nearby.

King said authorities have been investigating Miya's family for years. He said Miya had three older siblings who had been removed from their parent's house due to the condition of the house.

Miya was born in October 2023. Social workers were planning to remove her from her parents' custody shortly after her birth because the child's umbilical cord tested positive for methamphetamines, King said.

King said the parents were moved and left the hospital. After that, he said they continued to move around and evade authorities for months.

So the cadaver dogs must have hit in the home. Otherwise, with them moving around she could be anywhere that they were staying.
adding this link. So so far nothing. So maybe she could be at another location.

SBM

as to the bolded, why then did they ever let the parents leave the hospital with Miya if they were "planning" to remove Miya? How much planning is needed? Don't let her leave the hospital and there is no need to remove her from anything! grrr.

the parents couldn't have hid Miya from authorities by staying on the move if the authorities simply had never let her leave the hospital with these parents!

stuff like this makes me angry.

as to the bolded, why then did they ever let the parents leave the hospital with Miya if they were "planning" to remove Miya? How much planning is needed? Don't let her leave the hospital and there is no need to remove her from anything! grrr.

the parents couldn't have hid Miya from authorities by staying on the move if the authorities simply had never let her leave the hospital with these parents!

stuff like this makes me angry.
The only thing that makes sense to me for them allowing the baby to leave the hospital with the parents, is if the test results from the umbilical cord hadn't come back yet, before they checked out.

jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper