Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for pointing this out.
I wasn't sure how long a person needs to be deceased for this to work with a dog? I'm not sure how to ask this delicately, so will just ask: So if a person was mortally wounded, and leaking fluids, blood, etc would this be enough to trigger the hit? Or is it something specific to actually having already passed? If so, I'm curious if dogs know a person passed very recently? Or if some time needs to have passed?

I can probably Google this, but sometimes asking here just feels better. Never know what disturbing stuff is....out there. :(
ETA MOO here-- It seems now that some kind of time had to pass to start a decomp scent, at least a few hours you'd think, before a cadaver dog could hit on the scent. Is it possible SS did take Jenn's Nissan the night after he had put MS in the field, and somehow then picked up the decomp scent onto Jenn's wheel well. Maybe @Seattle1 was on the right track, after all. It just seems he'd have to have driven to the body or somehow touched the body in some way then transfer it to Jenn's wheel well. Or like some clever member suggested hidden body in wheel well.

Warning graphic talk of decomp & cadaver dog info

From doggiesaurus com:
(No, on mortally wounded, I believe must be deceased.) Cadaver dogs should be able to detect bodies 24 to 72 hours soon after death, as this is when decomposition starts. Then can also detect human remains a long time after death, being used by archaeological teams. The bottom line is cadaver dogs can be trained to detect human remains the moment the body starts to decay.

It's a very interesting article you might want to read the whole article. The dogs are amazing!

These dogs have their work cut out for them. Unlike drug- or bomb-sniffing dogs that just need to identify a few specific scents, cadaver dogs must learn to identify hundreds.

Training requires a lot of exposure to a lot of putrid odors,
but acquiring isolated versions of those odors isn’t easy....

[...]

When cadaver pups first start out, they practice not with real corpses but with synthetic cadaver scents. These are a real thing: the chemical giant Sigma-Aldrich makes three different corpse scents for canine training, including “recently dead,” “decomposed,” and “drowned victim.” But when it comes to the scent of dead bodies, nothing beats the real, multifarious stench. Human bodies decompose in five basic stages, and each of those stages...

[...]

Many of these scents are likely identifiable only by trained dogs, but a few will stick out even to the common human nose: cadaverine, putrescine, skatole, and indole. As Inverse has explained in the past, these compounds smell particularly rank:.....
Stage 1 Fresh (1-2 days) This stage begins almost instantly from the moment of death. As the heart stops beating, the body’s cells gets deprived of oxygen and pH changes occurs.
Stage 2 Bloated (2-6 days) This stage of decomposition includes the first …
Stage 3 Decay (5-11 days) The previously inflated carcass now deflates and …
Stage 4 Post-Decay (10-24 days) By the time this stage is reached, …

Last edited:
Stephan Sterns documents in the Madeline Soto case.Dropbox
Stacy has put the 896 documents on dropbox. I think you can sign up for a free dropbox account and then download them to your computer. If you try and download them to your phone they are too big I think.
Sorry, I am not up to date on how to handle dropbox. I really want to try and let everyone see these documents for free.

Probably why MS didn’t get birthday cash from her mother. Becoming obviously clear JS’ priority was definitely not parenting.
I found it interesting that the friend said that MS was not happy about the gift situation at her birthday and JS said "she showed us all her gifts and was so happy". Another lie.

Stacy has put the 896 documents on dropbox. I think you can sign up for a free dropbox account and then download them to your computer. If you try and download them to your phone they are too big I think.
Sorry, I am not up to date on how to handle dropbox. I really want to try and let everyone see these documents for free.
You do not have to have a dropbox account. This file downloaded fine for me without one. :)

JS said at first to the police in a sworn statement that she observed Madeline getting dressed for school. <modsnip>

Later on in another sworn statement she says she didn't actually see Madeline, she heard voices in the kitchen and thought it was Madeline.

Isn't this considered some type of obstruction or lying to the police making false report?

If so, why hasn't she been charged with that? I would think there would be charges for that because it is a dead little girl here? MOO they think they need her testimony (which i dont think they do) OR they are continuing to investigate and think she may be more involved/waiting to charge her with more than just obstruction.

Just my opinion im not a cop or attorney or anything. Just seems weird she clearly lied in a sworn recorded statement which could impede at that time an active missing person investigation. Seems like there should be charges.
There is never any reason to lie when your child is missing. There absolutely should be charged. MOO

OMG, he said pants. Big deal, he said pants! Thank You, @AppleTreeGreen. You even posted the time stamp. You're right, he gave himself away then. Wow, what a tell! This piece meal gathering of info is exhausting.
I'm sorry but I"m not following this line of thinking? How did he give himself away if he was the last to see Madeline (according to them) wearing pants and she was found in pants? Wouldn't it be JS giving herself away that she never saw Maddi like she said she did at 08:00 getting dressed?
MOO.

sounds like it, I was watching Gray Hughes and he plots out the pings. in the first 15 minutes of the show. maddi got home from her birthday around 830 he shows up 10 minutes later. he would have arrived earlier but when he was close to the condo, the pings show it basically took 8 min to go a block ( like he stopped )
Did he track her via Life 360?

I'm sorry but I"m not following this line of thinking? How did he give himself away if he was the last to see Madeline (according to them) wearing pants and she was found in pants? Wouldn't it be JS giving herself away that she never saw Maddi like she said she did at 08:00 getting dressed?
MOO.
He knew she was wearing pants when everyone else knew she wouldn't be wearing pants to go to school on a Monday if she dressed herself. She'd have on black shorts. ( I think for PE.) Friend said black shorts, even Jenn tried to say black shorts. She was found dead in pants, he said pants. He must've put them on her because she wouldn't have dressed in pants that day. He put them on her probably, she was found dead, and he was the last to see her.

There has been no mention of subpoena of Life360 files in the docs.... so I wanna say no..... so far that we know?

Interesting that instagram/META REFUSED to disclose information from the accounts! (DENIED THE WARRANT!)

Think twice y'all before thinking Zuckerberg gives a c--p about your kid when they use insta. Page 78.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240616_182451_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240616_182451_Chrome.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I keep thinking SS had an Accord--sorry!

Maybe SS father had things in storage or was moving things to or from storage?

I remember SS (at least I believe it was SS) had a storage unit that was mentioned in previous discussions.

There is so much to keep track of, hopefully I have it right. I have no idea where SS' Honda is, and was somewhat shocked to learn he had a vehicle of his own. I thought he literally had ZERO assets when we first saw he had filled out the paperwork for legal assistance, but was wrong, apparently.
his first paperwork for indigent status listed zero, you are correct. then it was amended to show $4k for a vehicle. thats it. no income.

He knew she was wearing pants when everyone else knew she wouldn't be wearing pants to go to school on a Monday if she dressed herself. She'd have on black shorts. ( I think for PE.) Friend said black shorts, even Jenn tried to say black shorts. She was found dead in pants, he said pants. He must've put them on her because she wouldn't have dressed in pants that day. He put them on her probably, she was found dead, and he was the last to see her.
Thank you. I think I understand what you're saying now.
ETA: So, JS said she saw her getting dressed for school about 08:00 but never did. So she wouldn't know what she was wearing, even though she said shorts under the assumption that's what her daughter wore on Mondays because of gym class. So she lied about seeing her, and assumed she was wearing shorts.
But SS said pants, because he did know what she was wearing because he was the last to see MS and he possibly dressed her himself, because otherwise she would have had shorts on. And she was found in pants. The only thing is maybe she already had those pants on the night before or during the night for whatever reason when he killed her. Because we don't know what occurred after the party and before the early morning hours.
MOO.

Last edited:
There has been no mention of subpoena of Life360 files in the docs.... so I wanna saying no so far that we know?

Interesting that instagram/META REFUSED to disclose information from the accounts! (DENIED THE WARRANT!)

Think twice y'all before thinking Zuckerberg gives a c--p about your kid when they use insta. Page 78.
I’m starting to read it now. I thought originally I read they confiscated his Samsung phone. But then in this new document, he states he was performing an IOS update (iPhone) when he mistakenly factory reset his phone. lol. Anyways, if both SS and MS had iPhones, maybe he used the Find a Friend feature to track her.

Hey! Just double checked. @3:37 after the officer asks what Maddie was last seen wearing SS answers black or green pants. In accordance with your spot-on observation, JS clearly was going to answer but he had to cut in the second the cop turned back to them just to make it clear he was such an attentive parent as well. JS corrects this detail though and says black shorts because as others have pointed out that is what Maddie normally wore for gym.

The wheels in his head were probably jamming at this point because he couldn’t understand why JS was more certain of Maddie’s outfit than him and that there was something about her life that he was missing which could mean trouble for him.

Also, I think you’re right. I think that in addition to disliking him her family probably suspected him too and wanted to avoid at all costs.
I noticed she says "I THINK" black shorts. LE officer repeats it and she goes with it as fact. Im curious about gm....JS says to the LE Officer 'she sometimes walks here'. did gm ever confirm she ever walked to her office by herself?

You can download them on your phone through “ Files” on iPhone, google drive or any other storage app.

No, Gray thinks they were texting, I think he was tracking her. Nothing confirmed and only because their phone pings both had a little stall on the way to the condo. It's probably more likely they were texting, I just think knowing him, he'd easily use Find My Device on iCloud, to see her location, and wouldn't risk anyone in the family seeing them text, but as many people have pointed out to me, SS is not that smart. you can use find my friends but maddi can turn that on and off, if he signs in to her icloud, he can do it without her knowing,

Last edited:
How can she change her story from I saw her getting dressed at 8am to "I heard someone in the house and assumed it was Maddi " she knew Maddi left earlier ( or she should have known that by the time she gave her statement ) and her roommate leaves by 745.

he had alot of titles, stepfather, which he never was, partner, BF. and at the time he returned the nite of her birthday, it seems like he was none of those anymore.

IMO, she told investigators about the sleeping arrangements only because there were possible witnesses (roomies). and still thought the explanation was just fine, her need for absolute uninterrupted sleep. LE said she was 'visibly upset' seeing those SA images and denied she recognized SS, her daughter and the location....some say oh, she was in shock...me, no, I think a different type of shock.

I go back to the media interview telling the public she is 'missing'. Madeline's day, according to her 'we' account began in the car. not in the home, not getting dressed, nothing about 'their' morning together. she could have stated, jeez I slept in, my 'partner' got her ready for school and they left early without waking me. my partner said she was wearing x. and then push him in front of the zoom camera to give the account. instead, he shows up in the other interview where she is shaking all over the place. but his was the same rehearsed story.

there are numerous differences of opinion as to why she would lie. but go back and try to consider this normal, I cant: her daughter is missing and she's on camera soothing HIM. that alone was IMO shocking in that moment and obvious to me at that time, she was shielding him from suspicion. finding out about the SA after those media interviews, I cant help but question her behaviour in that moment on camera and why she presented a united front for an event she had no knowledge of, or did she?
Yeah, JS continually shot down any potential leads... she has friends in the area but she doesn't know where they live, she has a phone but she left it at home, I've already gone through her messages, I went back to the school but they were closed, she has a laptop on her but it's not trackable...

One of the rare times (if not the only time) Jen proactively sought to help the investigation along was when she asked the detectives if they wanted the name of the vape shop SS went to in case they wanted to look at surveillance because she thought it might be "helpful." IMO, this was done as some kind of "clearance" for SS: he was at the vape shop and couldn't possibly be doing anything nefarious.

It just seems JS was never too keen on finding Maddie as she was on protecting SS and providing him with an alibi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordanstar