MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am really struggling with this.

How did this case come to trial? I have no idea if those are dog bites, but it seems like it will be at least reasonable doubt all day if the experts testify as expected.

How was any of this supposed to work?

IMO

Nobody expected KR to put up a fight! She has opened up a world of corruption. Sadly giving good Police Officers (the majority) a bad name, while simultaneously exposing a vile side of Law enforcement.

For those that were watching Friday's proceedings, we saw a lot of the ceiling fan and muted mics while various members of the Jury were spoken to. I came across this explanation:

Last Friday, one of the jurors in the Karen Read trial was dismissed from serving on the jury. This juror was inadvertently caught on camera as she made her way to the bench to speak with Judge Cannone.
It was obvious there was an issue prior to getting caught on camera, otherwise, why would she have been heading to the bench to begin with.
Sources tell me that this juror was "badmouthing" Karen to other jurors in the jury room. Some of the things being said included Karen always turning around talking to her parents as well as Karen smiling and making faces. Sources tell me one juror had enough and spoke up and allegedly other jurors were questioned and said "she needs to go." (from this source)
That source concerns me, as jurors should not be talking about the trial to others outside.

Of everything I’ve seen thus far, KR’s demeanor has been the ONLY thing that’s bothered me. I wish she would act more…. I’m not sure what word to use. Dignified? Serious? It’s nowhere near enough to convict her IMO, but she doesn’t come across as particularly likable, and that matters.

That said, if the above is true, that juror needed to go for sure. They’re directly told not to discuss matters amongst each other. They can’t go around just blatantly ignoring that directive.

I can't recall a trial I've watched where the defendant's demeanor hasn't been criticized: too passive, too aggressive, too angry, too happy, too emotional, too robot-like, etc. I've probably even done some critiquing myself.

But no matter how Karen behaves at the defense table, someone would point to it and say that it makes her seem guilty.

So I am really struggling with this.

How did this case come to trial? I have no idea if those are dog bites, but it seems like it will be at least reasonable doubt all day if the experts testify as expected.

How was any of this supposed to work?

IMO
It's bizarre.
It is utterly bizarre.
The absolute worst I have ever seen and I've seen a few,
She was most definitely overcharged, a highly prejudiced chief investigator.

I wonder who it was that really killed him or will we ever know?

All the evidence that was never preserved has now been destroyed.

As stated in Canton Confidential podcast no one is talking about JOK’s body was flipped over before LE arrived.

For anyone who might be interested:

911 call -- timestamp: 15:15

"We just flipped him over."

I think the judge will allow the 2 FBI hired witnesses, but will disallow the doctor because she “inserted” herself into this trial after it had already begun. This is just an opinion based upon the judge’s attitude today. I think it is wrong on so many levels because I believe the defendant should be allowed an expert to bring in their defense. We have all heard that this would be part of their defense for a long time - which is why the CW already wa trying to discredit this idea. I am a bit surprised they didn’t already have an expert hired for this purpose. However, once again, the judge refused extra time.

This is how I think she’ll rule too. It was obvious she felt this witness sought the spotlight, which is kind of laughable. We’ll see.

** Warning ** graphic photo **

@149Zone7

This is a photo of a dog bite. See the parallel bite marks? Experts are going to argue what caused the numerous parallel marks on John O’Keefe’s arm but the jury is going to have to believe flying pieces of tail light caused parallel marks in different directions without any blood or tissue being left on the plastic. Not one states witness has lead us to believe without a reasonable doubt a vehicle caused the injuries to the Officer O’Keefe.
1718804971327.png

wonder why she randomly sent that text to JO lying about being home??(at her house)
If as you say she was being responsible and being the bigger person.

Just one more lie within the plethora of all roads lead to KR. imo.

If you read the texts from earlier that day she hadn’t wanted to come that night. She wanted to talk about the fight that morning and the relationship in general, but she specifically said she wasn’t sure about coming back to Canton and that she needed to clear her head. JOK wanted her to come back asking if she were coming.

Later, she texted she was going back to her house saying kids would be alone and he didn’t respond. She was obviously angry thinking he was ignoring and texted again saying she’d left and back at her house and kids alone. She was clearly trying to obtain a response thinking he was purposely not answering and felt he’d go home right away thinking the kids were alone at home. I think it says more that she didn’t just go home and instead put her own anger aside to not actually leave the kids alone.

Last edited:
John O'Keefe deserved so much more than the Trooper Paul's and Proctor's of this investigation. It truly is sad what the CPD and MSP did or did not do to find out what happened to him. It is almost as if he wasn't worth the time, effort or expense. The CW's defense of Jen McCabe received more focused and detailed attention with paid for and qualified experts. JOK ? Not so much.

The O'Keefe family? Do they see this ??

MOO

John O'Keefe deserved so much more than the Trooper Paul's and Proctor's of this investigation. It truly is sad what the CPD and MSP did or did not do to find out what happened to him. It is almost as if he wasn't worth the time, effort or expense. The CW's defense of Jen McCabe received more focused and detailed attention with paid for and qualified experts. JOK ? Not so much.

MOO
I have a feeling they don't see it.
They believe the CW.

MOO
BBM
I've taken to "doom-scrolling" twitter accounts following the trial and so far it's not looking good and I'm worried that I'm eventually going to lose sympathy for them, having respected the dignity they have shown in public to this point.

If KR is acquitted and they continue to believe she did it and pursue a civil case against her they will risk becoming part of the problem, rather than the solution to getting justice for JO'K.

MOO

Last edited:
** Warning ** graphic photo **

@149Zone7

This is a photo of a dog bite. See the parallel bite marks? Experts are going to argue what caused the numerous parallel marks on John O’Keefe’s arm but the jury is going to have to believe flying pieces of tail light caused parallel marks in different directions without any blood or tissue being left on the plastic. Not one states witness has lead us to believe without a reasonable doubt a vehicle caused the injuries to the Officer O’Keefe.
View attachment 511601
The prosecution shouldn't definitively state what caused the injuries on JO's arm. They absolutely look like they could be dog bites, they also could be rolling around in glass, plastic, crawling through the bushes, dragged under a car, or any number of things and experts will never agree 100% what they are. We have no idea what he did after being hit by the car assuming you believe that is what happened. We have no idea if he died instantly or if those marks were on his arms before he exited KR's car (those could also be scratch marks from KR). To me, if there is no canine DNA on his shirt, then there was no dog bite. A dog bite through his shirt is much more aggressive than a cheek swab. Does anyone believe a dog dragged its teeth across his skin with his shirt in its mouth the whole time and there is no DNA left behind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member