MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
all incoming is just moo: but i am so annoyed with the judge questioning the validity of Dr Russell's qualifications and motive. if Dr. Russell was a man she wouldn’t be getting this scrutiny about her qualifications and motive. her resume is extraordinary. what was different about her from the other two experts was her gender. Lally didn't even refer to her as "Dr. Russell." annoying. The Judge saying this expert struggled is insane. i wonder how she would deem Trooper Paul's testimony.

sorry for quoting myself, and all still moo, but let me add this is compounded with ageism. Judge automatically sees her as old and feeble and therefore mentally insufficient. older women are often tossed aside in our society. does Judge not remember she had to tell Trooper Paul he could not read his report and he literally had no clue what to say after that?! also, was the Judge implying the FBI and DOJ may have cherry-picked evidence to send to that expert?

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it depends how much you credibility you place in the testimony of Trooper Paul. Do you believe the theory of the commonwealth that John arm bore the brunt of the weight of the car, which resulted in the scratch marks and then caused him to pirouette and fly backwards 30 feet?

If you don't find Paul to be a credible witness then Karen's memories are irrelevant. So are her texts and the state of her relationship with John. She simply didn't back into him.

On the other hand, if you did find him to be a competent accident reconstructionist, then I suppose anything is possible.
Yes ch-_13….. have to agree. And IIUC, didn’t one of the prosecution’s recent witnesses also just say something to the effect that their theory now is that it was a glancing or tangential blow to the victim? IIRC a sideswipe strike is some of the wording used? If so, that IMO serves to further lessen the likelihood of such a strike having caused the alleged vehicle taillight and other supposed damage and propelling an individual the believed distance? This IMO would also complicate the physics calculations and analysis of this supposed event. MOO

Attached June 14, 2024 Boston Herald article by Flint McColgan entitled ‘Karen Read murder trial Day 25: Victim hit in ‘sideswipe’ and how long to die in cold key testimony’…. (May be paywall article?):

sorry for quoting myself, and all still moo, but let me add this is compounded with ageism. Judge automatically sees her as old and feeble and therefore mentally insufficient. older women are often tossed aside in our society. does Judge not remember she had to tell Trooper Paul he could not read his report and he literally had no clue what to say after that?! also, was the Judge implying the FBI and DOJ may have cherry-picked evidence to send to that expert?
I actually think the Judge will let her in with some stipulation based on her repeatedly telling Lally to find someone. We will see .

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the judge will allow the 2 FBI hired witnesses, but will disallow the doctor because she “inserted” herself into this trial after it had already begun. This is just an opinion based upon the judge’s attitude today. I think it is wrong on so many levels because I believe the defendant should be allowed an expert to bring in their defense. We have all heard that this would be part of their defense for a long time - which is why the CW already wa trying to discredit this idea. I am a bit surprised they didn’t already have an expert hired for this purpose. However, once again, the judge refused extra time.

I think the judge will allow the 2 FBI hired witnesses, but will disallow the doctor because she “inserted” herself into this trial after it had already begun. This is just an opinion based upon the judge’s attitude today. I think it is wrong on so many levels because I believe the defendant should be allowed an expert to bring in their defense. We have all heard that this would be part of their defense for a long time - which is why the CW already wa trying to discredit this idea. I am a bit surprised they didn’t already have an expert hired for this purpose. However, once again, the judge refused extra time.

The judge looks like to me that she is trying to come up with a way to exclude the Doctor, If she can’t she will limit what she can say so that her testimony is useless

But why does he need to find someone? I thought that was the whole point of having two MEs testifying?
Well as I understood it, it was based on the CW not knowing till the end of May that they had an expert to speak of dog bites, so under chapter 14 or whatever they are allowed time to rebut .

I agree with much of what you say- tight spot. Personally, I’m a bit sus on her (Russell) story on how her involvement took place . Idk, you know sweet older doc with cred, she did t pull it off well to me.

I agree with much of what you say- tight spot. Personally, I’m a bit sus on her (Russell) story on how her involvement took place . Idk, you know sweet older doc with cred, she did t pull it off well to me.
dbm

an issue on appeal if she cannot testify?

Plus, I don't really care how much she wants to get up there and tell her story. If her lawyers tell her it's not a good idea, I would defer to them. They're pretty good attorneys. JMO
she woud be x-examed about her drinking that night and will be asked all kinds of Qs about the relationship IMO. could make her look unsympathetic. IMO.

I don't see any blind rage in any of her texts. She had her own home so it's not like she had nowhere to go. I think she stayed and tried to resolve the issues they were having. And I think she didn't want to leave the kids. He seemed to be a regular in the bars, and not shy to drink heavily. I wonder how that behavior impacted the kids.
wonder why she randomly sent that text to JO lying about being home??(at her house)
If as you say she was being responsible and being the bigger person.

Just one more lie within the plethora of all roads lead to KR. imo.

wonder why she randomly sent that text to JO lying about being home??(at her house)

I think if you follow their texts, she is used to him ignoring her so she knew that would wake him up - about the kids being alone. She obviously had no idea he was dead.

Yes, I wondered about that, was she too drunk or trying to remove herself from the area ? Also, I must have missed if anyone wondered about the text re suggesting having a cocktail at 2:30 pm ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli