MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
When someone respectfully asks you to stop .
You stop.

Unless your unhinged and in a blind rage.

<modsnip - namecalling>

Either way Karens behaviour that day fits perfectly with her being emotionally at her wits end with him.
And I get that.
I can see her desperation in the predicament she found herself.

moo
What do you think of the education and experience of the fbi hired experts and that their conclusion is he was not hit by a car?

Last edited by a moderator:
You stop.

<modsnip - namecalling>

Either way Karens behaviour that day fits perfectly with her being emotionally at her wits end with him.
And I get that.

moo

She asked him to end things if he didn’t want to pursue the relationship. When someone respectfully asks you to stop . You stop

JMO

I am so curious about that.

Sue O Connell mentioned it several times in tweets the next day.

The empty chair.

Described the juror as a most engaged juror..

I was wondering what she knows..

That makes sense.

I’d heard this already unconfirmed but today Jessica Machado from a local paper posted the following explaining what had happened. She had tweeted about this juror previously as well calling her Maw Maw.

https://x.com/jessmachadoshow/status/1803074293548364190?s=61&t=r7Qfwxa1joneRFrDS8qffg

Why does everyone blame her and not him??? I just don't get it! He was such a control freak, he wanted things when he wanted them and not when he didn't.
I mentioned it (many many posts ago*), but I think a massively underrated factor in Karen's favour is that in no way, shape or form does "victim blaming" factor into Karen's defense.

(*) ETA: therefore I'm not mad if any of you missed it

As I understand it, she fed the niece donuts that Friday morning and JO blew up at her for that. LIKE WTF? Why didn't you feed her then?

Personally, I would have walked out. I think KR did, cuz she was home in Mansfield texting him later.

You stop.

<modsnip - namecalling>

And I get that.

mo
I don't see any blind rage in any of her texts. She had her own home so it's not like she had nowhere to go. I think she stayed and tried to resolve the issues they were having. And I think she didn't want to leave the kids. He seemed to be a regular in the bars, and not shy to drink heavily. I wonder how that behavior impacted the kids.

<modsnip - personalizing<

ETA: Here you go!

<modsnip - quoted post was snipped> Someone earlier said that the judge was nasty to her so that’s what I was specifically wanting to know…what was nasty that the judge said to Dr Russell? Thanks for the link, tho. If someone can point out what was specifically nasty, I’d appreciate it.

Is it possible that Karen did kill John, but she genuinely has zero memory of it, and so she fully believes she is innocent, while actually being guilty?
I guess it depends how much you credibility you place in the testimony of Trooper Paul. Do you believe the theory of the commonwealth that John arm bore the brunt of the weight of the car, which resulted in the scratch marks and then caused him to pirouette and fly backwards 30 feet?

If you don't find Paul to be a credible witness then Karen's memories are irrelevant. So are her texts and the state of her relationship with John. She simply didn't back into him.

On the other hand, if you did find him to be a competent accident reconstructionist, then I suppose anything is possible.

“These injuries on the arm, in my opinion, is that they are the result of an animal -- bites or scratches,” Russell told Judge Beverly Cannone when asked for additional clarification. “Most likely a dog, a large dog.”

When Cannone asked her how confident she was in her opinion, Russell responded, “Very sure” to a “high degree of medical certainty.”

Cannone told Russell that she “didn’t know” when she’d be called to testify and that the court would “let her know as soon we can.”

all incoming is just moo: but i am so annoyed with the judge questioning the validity of Dr Russell's qualifications and motive. if Dr. Russell was a man she wouldn’t be getting this scrutiny about her qualifications and motive. her resume is extraordinary. what was different about her from the other two experts was her gender. Lally didn't even refer to her as "Dr. Russell." annoying. The Judge saying this expert struggled is insane. i wonder how she would deem Trooper Paul's testimony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member