Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Curious to know what everyone's theories are as to what Stephan Stern's motive was?

Since she had been abused long-term, I originally thought it was perhaps accidental (such as overdosing her on sleep meds whilst assaulting her) but since the murder was premeditated, I threw that theory out.
Exposure.

MS felt confident and strong enough to expose him. Turning 13 is a big deal. She was coming into her own. She even verbalized her goal - to live in the woods. She knew she needed a plan. She was so much smarter than him.

SS knew it was game over and MS was going to bury him under the jail. 100% premeditated. Driving up from North Port with his rage building, he retaliated violently.

I wish MS would have had the opportunity to expose him and be vindicated.

JMO

I'm convinced SS returned home was to delete messages on MS's phone. But wasn't able to be he accidentally woke JS so he made a charade of leashing/walking the dog.
I think you are onto something there; he's the one who, in the police report, says MS's phone was "in her room." He knew exactly where that phone was. Though, MS didn't have a room. The "in" the room makes me think, as I said before, that it was in one of the bedrooms, not in the open area -- either in JS's room, or Room #4. Since JS later brought it for the pick-up, I think it was possibly in her room for her to notice that it was left behind.

Those texts/calls from her friend never came through that morning, I believe, to where JS would have heard the phone earlier, because SS had switched it off (or left it off) the night before; JS said MS didn't use her phone/laptop that night. I wouldn't have thought the phone was off, though, because wouldn't she have been texting with her friends after the party? Wonder if SS made her turn it off or something, the night before. Kids that age would surely be tied to their phones if they had their own preference, right? (I may be wrong.)

"The capital felony being committed while the defendant was engaged in the commission of, or an attempt to commit, aggravated child abuse".
Sadly, and I think others have already mentioned this earlier too….. reading that again…… makes me wonder if perhaps the final event was recorded by video or other? It seems they have some rather precise timing and sequence considerations included in some of the documents? (Granted I have not tried to read all….. so sad and disturbing IMO.) MOO

How to word this....

SS was too aware of MS's cycles. Which had to make him aware of the risk of pregnancy. Perhaps timing of the month was such that he forced his oral fixation on her... still violent, still deadly if it ended in strangulation.

We already know what he did to her when she was 11... and stopped doing some of them somewhere between 11 and 13 solely to circumvent pregnancy but tripled down on oral assaults. That might explain the autopsy findings.

What an absolute waste of a human being.

JMO
Yes Megnut…… and I’ve wondered whether MS had told SS of her timing, or did perhaps some other female in the house know those details and relay them to him? MOO

Page 113 (dropbox file), Madeline's friend mentions that Madeline's cycle was a week or two late the previous month.

Please recall the Feb 11, 2024 Reddit comment where he replies on a now-deleted post to a teenager who thinks she's pregnant:
That Reddit user has since deleted her post in the past several months since Stern's Reddit account started being discussed in thread #2 here: Found Deceased - FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #2

I really wish the DA had requested his Reddit account and determined how he ran across that post, (in other words, if he was searching for teenagers posting about being pregnant).
If MS made the post it wouldn’t have been since deleted as she is dead now. Who would have deleted it for her?

That’s what I understood from the pings and GH’s narration — he was doing *something* with her cell — makes sense he was deleting stuff that might get him in trouble :mad:

I think with kids having cell phones, it’s a smart thing for *parents* to have access to their kid’s phones, passwords, social media, etc., and routinely check all that, but *not* a parent’s boy friend! According to Gray Hughes, SS even had things set up to be able to monitor her location — creepy, creepy. Talk about boundary issues.
That may explain why he arrived to the house just after MS did then. He could see where she was. If he didn’t want her to know he was gonna be there if she stopped on route for a donut he would have been able to see the gap in movement.

Rewatching GHI.

I'm convinced SS returned home was to delete messages on MS's phone. But wasn't able to be he accidentally woke JS so he made a charade of leashing/walking the dog.

He returned after JS left for her appointment and was successful in his venture at that time.

All MOO

Here's where it gets weird.

Later JS says she looked at MS's messages, including her deleted messages and DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING STRANGE. (I can't recall her word choice-- strange, weird, concerning, out of the ordinary, not OK.)

Think about that. If SS really came home twice in order to delete messages off MS's phone, those messages had to be linked to him. Just how many are we talking about? And JS never once thought, "well, that's odd that a grown man/my ex-boyfriend is messaging my teen daughter"? I find THAT strange, weird, concerning, out of the ordinary, not OK.

JMO

The friend from school said Ms spoke to ss over the phone about 3x times a week but texted with her often. She noted ss was very involved with MS and a redacted named I assume is Js.

In reading the documents recently shared, I was surprised that they had three iPhones among them (since those are pricey and don't seem in line with their lifestyles), plus a Samsung... however, then it occurred to me: it seems there should have been 5 phones, not 4. Do we know much about the phones?

Phones listed in the documents:
- KIPD 24-001896 // 000163 - **Grey iPhone 13** was seized on 3/1
- KIPD 24-001896 // 000542 - **iPhone w/ purple + cherries case** (seized from SS, but was this his father's?)
- KIPD 24-001896 // 000542 - **Black Samsung** (pretty sure this was SS's original phone, but I thought he didn't have that with him at all; could this just be his father's? That isn't clear, but either way was in his possession) - I believe this was mentioned as the phone he had on 2/26 and which had reset twice (KIPD 24-001896 // 001003), after which he shortly purchased the iPhone below
- KIPD 24-001896 // 000544 - **Apple iPhone w/ blue case** with only 2 cameras (phone itself was black according to KIPD 24-001896 // 001002) - purportedly got it new on 2/27 and was in pocket of SS but they seized it on 2/28 at interview room

What I think we know about them:

**MS:**

KIPD 24-001896 // 000149 - Maddie's best friend says they texted each other on their iPhones; not clear which of the phones, if any, is hers. I would hope they seized it, though, since it's possible SS was resetting/manipulating it 2/26 at 10:55 am (GHI cell tower tracker video shows him at home alone with it when it switched on after the events of that morning; JS was still at dr. appt.).

**JS:**
Was holding an iPhone in her hands during the interview in the insurance office - probably a model 13, since it has the charging circle on back, and mine has that; however, it looks black in the video, and the police log says the iPhone 13 they seized was grey, so did they seize hers at all, or is the color just hard to discern? Edit: All of the grey iPhone 13 pro versions I found online are obviously grey, a much lighter one than black. Image example: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/U5UAAOSwY-9lDb6F/s-l1600.webp.

**SS:**
Reports say he had his father's phone on the trip up. I thought (though maybe I'm making this up?) that he didn't have his with him at all, but since one they seized had the CSAM, his day-to-day had to be among them. That makes bringing his father's even sketchier, to me. The earliest phone they seized from him I think was the purple phone with flowered case? They also seized a Samsung, which I saw some Redditors claim was the CSAM one. Then they seized an iPhone with a blue case that came from his pocket that the report says was new and which he had purchased after they took his original phone.

---

This all makes me wonder: ONE of these has to be SS's actual phone, because it had CSAM when they looked at it, but I can't tell which. And it seems we're short a phone, at least among what was seized? There should have been 5 of them:

- SS's actual phone with the CSAM on it (I think this was the Samsung);
- SS's father's phone (or was this the Samsung? if not, then where was the father's phone that he supposedly had on him? was it the purple iPhone?);
- MS's phone (purple iPhone with the floral case sounds right for a preteen girl, but why did SS have it, then, if so?);
- JS's phone (grey iPhone 13?);
- SS's replacement phone (iPhone with blue case). This is the only one that is known, because the report says he had just purchased it in the last day or two, and they seized it right from him in the interview room.

I could of course be wrong on my interpretation of some of this; does anyone else have insight or thoughts?
A lot of pricey phones for their situation. OMO. He went and bought another one when police kept his CSA phone? $$$$ Papa was generous to loan his out. Can’t imagine loaning my phone to someone other than a quick call while I stood there.

Interesting theory Lets…… And wasn’t there also meniton of some distinct markings, ahem? Wonder if there is a correlation perhaps? MOO
The marking seems to be a birthmark or freckle type thing. le mention it as a freckle on p.46 of the massive doc drop boxed by admin. No link as it’s on my device directly.

A lot of pricey phones for their situation. OMO. He went and bought another one when police kept his CSA phone? $$$$ Papa was generous to loan his out. Can’t imagine loaning my phone to someone other than a quick call while I stood there.
Could it have been an old phone CS was no longer using?? Just a thought.

Exposure.

MS felt confident and strong enough to expose him. Turning 13 is a big deal. She was coming into her own. She even verbalized her goal - to live in the woods. She knew she needed a plan. She was so much smarter than him.

SS knew it was game over and MS was going to bury him under the jail. 100% premeditated. Driving up from North Port with his rage building, he retaliated violently.

I wish MS would have had the opportunity to expose him and be vindicated.

JMO
She still won this fight. He’s a dead man walking. Either he dies in jail old and grey, the state gets him or another inmate gets him. It must be terrifying to know that the second one of those inmates can get to you, they will kill you or enslave you for awhile and then kill you.

That may explain why he arrived to the house just after MS did then. He could see where she was. If he didn’t want her to know he was gonna be there if she stopped on route for a donut he would have been able to see the gap in movement.
You just made me realize something. If he either didn't have his own phone on the way up, or had his switched off (am I correct about that? I thought that he was only using his father's on the trip up, but my premise could be mistaken), then how was he tracking MS? I absolutely believe he was, don't get me wrong, but does that mean he had to have her as trackable on his father's phone, as well? How often was he using that phone? The person you want to track has to consent each number that wants to do that. If this was the first time he had borrowed his father's phone, then would he have had to make the request to MS's phone in real-time either before the trip up or during it?

I think you are onto something there; he's the one who, in the police report, says MS's phone was "in her room." He knew exactly where that phone was. Though, MS didn't have a room. The "in" the room makes me think, as I said before, that it was in one of the bedrooms, not in the open area -- either in JS's room, or Room #4. Since JS later brought it for the pick-up, I think it was possibly in her room for her to notice that it was left behind.

Those texts/calls from her friend never came through that morning, I believe, to where JS would have heard the phone earlier, because SS had switched it off (or left it off) the night before; JS said MS didn't use her phone/laptop that night. I wouldn't have thought the phone was off, though, because wouldn't she have been texting with her friends after the party? Wonder if SS made her turn it off or something, the night before. Kids that age would surely be tied to their phones if they had their own preference, right? (I may be wrong.)
If the phone belonging to MS was in the room with her and SS, is it possible she tried to record audio or video of an SA by SS covertly? Could she have known she would need evidence to fry him and made an effort to obtain it? Maybe he noticed and this is what made him kill her? He then would try to delete whatever off her device and then, police would find it when they got her phone?

Another case I follow - Libby German & Abby Williams from Delphi, Indiana - were abducted off the end of a bridge along a hiking trail. They were murdered soon after. One of the victims had managed to get a video on her phone that shows the abductor’s approach towards them. She also captured his voice saying “down the hill”. Police found these later on the phone and released to the public a short clip of the perp walking and his voice.

I could believe MS may have been trying to capture evidence and it went badly. That would be more than enough for SS to realize she was no longer a compliant victim and kill her.

All of above is merely speculation on my part. Not based on any known facts to date.

Curious to know what everyone's theories are as to what Stephan Stern's motive was?

Since she had been abused long-term, I originally thought it was perhaps accidental (such as overdosing her on sleep meds whilst assaulting her) but since the murder was premeditated, I threw that theory out.
Remember JS "did things no one else would do?"
It seems JS and SS were not really together. SS didn't really seem to be involved with any adult women, at least not in a meaningful way.

Motive: Without going into disturbing details, based on that dropbox set just shared by Payrollnerd....I think SS tried to "do the things" with MS. Violently. While filming it for freaks on Telegram. It ended in her death.

I can’t even wrap my head around this. Especially not with other people in the house
Exactly. That townhouse is not a mansion and I've said it before but I doubt you can sneeze loudly in one room without someone hearing it downstairs.

The mom housemate.... (AND possibly the 15yo but I doubt he was there).... Jenn downstairs... and possibly someone else, the 2nd housemate?

Trigger warning ⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️
......And something horrifying going on in Room 4... and no one hears a thing? The only possible reason would be if she were completely drugged and was assaulted while drugged. Which is entirely possible. But so risky.

I still don't understand why Maddy didn't tell someone. Her mom, grandmother, or someone at school. Was there no one she trusted or confided in? Maybe she thought SS was her boyfriend?
SS had been in her life for FIVE years. Off and on. He used this as an opportunity to "groom her".. establish trust, a relationship that her mom was OK with... sending message to a CHILD THAT everything was OK. SS bought her toys, engaged with her with art activities.... while assaulting her at night. Starting..... When she was 8. Even in middle school she would get texts regularly from SS and her friends knew about it (but it was under the impression they were staying in touch. Nothing gross.)

It's not something a child knows or is able to articulate clearly when they are being abused. Which is why when she was telling her school Counselors about SS, they might have picked up on it.... but they did not. It was too cryptic.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlukeBC
Back