MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@FallRiverReport

I can't see this taking very long. I would bet that when they had that side bar earlier, Bev asked Lally about how long he would need so that she didn't make these jurors go too long without a break.

I know a lot of people critique Bev but as a juror, I suspect they like the way that she cares for them while they are here.

They often smile and her and seem thankful for all those breaks.

And for those asking me, Paul O'Keefe IS back in the room.

@SueNBCBoston

Lally outlines some injuries.
Rentschler confirms them.
Now talking about the arm injuries.
Notes that OKeefe wasn’t wearing jacket.
Rentschler says it doesn’t impact his finding

Lally noting the report says DNA transfer was likely, noting other evidence, saying you didn’t find this out until after you issued the report?
- correct

@SueNBCBoston

Lally asking if the frozen ground could impact the head injury?
- you’d have to analyze the temp, how long the ground the was frozen
You didn’t do it?
- no.
We didn’t have enough evidence of what caused it. We don’t know what happened. But you can’t deny the science of physics.

12:59 PM · Jun 24, 2024

But folks, that what experts witness testimony does and why it is so useless. All of the stories the defense is telling are plausible stories. They get to say anything they want to and they are not required to prove it in any way. They never have to be right, they only have to confuse you. They can accuse the Alberts, they can harass witness through surrogates, they can drag every police officer through the mud, they can berate the poor paramedics. They get to do all of that without any proof what-so-ever.

The expert testimony is summarized as: "We can't figure out how this happened so it probably didn't". We know because me and my friends myth-bustered a car hitting him..."

Its was almost idiotic what they said on the stand.
I think you must have missed that these two are independent of both the cw and defense and were hired to do independent investigation by fbi. But regardless of that I find it odd that you would think these two accident experts testimony is useless. Their actual skills and knowledge and how they applied both in this case are worth a lot and contribute to knowledge imo. Their testimony shows they are sincerely dedicated to the mechanics of what caused JO's injuries and the damage to the tail light. Personally I'd recommend watching their testimony if you want to. Moo

@SueNBCBoston

Is there any indication about where John OKeefe’s arm was, outstretched or tucked in?
-there is no evidence to tell us where his arm was
One juror makes a face.

1:00 PM · Jun 24, 2024

Lally now asking about common pedestrian vehicle accidents.
Sideswipe accidents.
Rentschler says a sideswipe would cause little damage.

I think you must have missed that these two are independent of both the cw and defense and were hired to do independent investigation by fbi. But regardless of that I find it odd that you would think these two accident experts testimony is useless. Their actual skills and knowledge and how they applied both in this case are worth a lot and contribute to knowledge imo. Their testimony shows they are sincerely dedicated to the mechanics of what caused JO's injuries and the damage to the tail light. Personally I'd recommend watching their testimony if you want to. Moo
Amen. I don't know how there could be two better witnesses. They have tons of expertise and no Chloe in this fight.

@KristinaRex

BREAKING: The defense rests its case in the #KarenReadTrial. Witness testimony is finished. Next steps will be closing arguments, then jury instructions, jury deliberation, and a verdict when it's ready.

Closing arguments will be TOMORROW morning, Tuesday 6/25. Each side gets one hour each.

Do you think the glass was thrown? I'm just trying to understand what you mean. Wolfe did go on to say the injuries to JO's arm were inconsistent with being struck by a vehicle. jmo.
How did thd CW shatter the headlight to cause the damage consistent with the damage on CR car? They hardly shot a cannon. Yet the damage is consistent with a glass hitting the tail light (different speed) . Just my rambling opinion , I believe KR is innocent, but this concerns me. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper