MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I go back and forth. Imagine if the FBI was investigating KR herself for something. I don't think it would be fair to introduce in the trial because "FBI investigation" is absolutely going to impact the jurors' opinions but since it's an ongoing investigation, it wouldn't be fair to draw conclusions that haven't been made yet. But then I also feel like you can't really compare a defendant being investigated to LE being investigated by the FBI. One of those is a much bigger deal and directly impacts every facet of this case.

IMO, it was an easy call to delay this until the FBI investigation finished and I can't understand why the judge refused.

the judge is clearly biased.

What a horrible thing to do though, to let KR go through a trial with a possibility that she would spend time in jail, if you knew the FBI was on the trail of a murder investigation. Why not just delay the trial.
The judge refused to delay the trial and the FBI has no power over a state prosecution.

What a horrible thing to do though, to let KR go through a trial with a possibility that she would spend time in jail, if you knew the FBI was on the trail of a murder investigation. Why not just delay the trial.
They have delayed the trial. John O'Keefe passed away over 2 years ago and we're only having the trial now!

Based on how the discovery phase of this trial turned out I think it would have been better for the CW to have the trial as soon as they could. Before FBI investigations, fundraising, the FKR movement and the infamous turtle man, and all the rest.

JMO

This case went to a grand jury, they must of decided there was enough evidence for an indictment. Though they (GJ) are secret, the charged defendant will receive a transcript of the testimony and evidence that was presented to the members of the GJ. moo

I cant help myself:

•Why did they delete all those 2am-3am calls??
•Why did they all get new phones?
•Why did Jen delete “hos long to die in cold?”
•Why did Jen SEARCH “hos long to die in cold?”
•Why did all these people leave the property, yet nobody saw him lying there dead?
•Why did they lie and say Colin wasn't there, yet Erin Beatty came forward and said he called her around 12:30am looking for a ride from Fairview?
•Why did Lucky not see a man on the grass?
•Why did Kevin Albert get continuous police updates & give them to his family?
•Why were their extra tail light pieces that didn't belong to KR's tail light after it was completely assembled?
•Why did Lucky see a light colored Ford Edge in the wee hours of the morning?
•Why was Matt McCabe doing drivebyes at 34 Fairview looking for police activity? •Why did they rehome Chloe?
•Why did Jen McCabe want Julie Nagel’s texts with her bro?
•Why use jackhammer and replace concrete floor and bulkhead doors in the basement?
•Why was GPS location data deleted off of Karen Read's phone, while it was in Trooper Proctor's possession? Deleted only in only in April 2022.
•Why Dr. Wolf criticized the taillight photos? (He said there was no stepping into the scene, just zoomed in photos of the items).
•Why did Jill Daniels attack Aiden Kearney?
----------
I've only been here a week and a half and these are few of what I came up with.

I cant help myself:

•Why did they delete all those 2am-3am calls??
•Why did they all get new phones?
•Why did Jen delete “hos long to die in cold?”
•Why did Jen SEARCH “hos long to die in cold?”
•Why did all these people leave the property, yet nobody saw him lying there dead?
•Why did they lie and say Colin wasn't there, yet Erin Beatty came forward and said he called her around 12:30am looking for a ride from Fairview?
•Why did Lucky not see a man on the grass?
•Why did Kevin Albert get continuous police updates & give them to his family?
•Why were their extra tail light pieces that didn't belong to KR's tail light after it was completely assembled?
•Why did Lucky see a light colored Ford Edge in the wee hours of the morning?
•Why was Matt McCabe doing drivebyes at 34 Fairview looking for police activity? •Why did they rehome Chloe?
•Why did Jen McCabe want Julie Nagel’s texts with her bro?
•Why use jackhammer and replace concrete floor and bulkhead doors in the basement?
•Why was GPS location data deleted off of Karen Read's phone, while it was in Trooper Proctor's possession? Deleted only in only in April 2022.
•Why Dr. Wolf criticized the taillight photos? (He said there was no stepping into the scene, just zoomed in photos of the items).
•Why did Jill Daniels attack Aiden Kearney?
----------
I've only been here a week and a half and these are few of what I came up with.
Wait....they replaced the concrete floor of their basement?

Friendly bets?

Hos long will jury be out
In all honesty, assuming they get sent out at lunchtime I will start getting worried if they don't return a verdict by the end of tomorrow. This is not some mega indictment with a ton of different charges and lesser-included options to consider and only a unanimous verdict of 12-0 is acceptable either way.

JMO

In all honesty, assuming they get sent out at lunchtime I will start getting worried if they don't return a verdict by the end of tomorrow. This is not some mega indictment with a ton of different charges and lesser-included options to consider and only a unanimous verdict of 12-0 is acceptable either way.

JMO
The common wisdom is that if a jury comes back quickly, that's good for the prosecution, and if it takes the jury longer, that's good for the defense.

But in this case, I think it may be the opposite. If the jury comes back fast, then she's getting a full acquittal.

@KristinaRex

#KarenReadTrial: How will deliberating jurors be selected? Judge Cannone will choose a foreperson. Then ALL jurors will listen to jury instructions. Then 12 will be randomly selected to deliberate — literally by a bingo cage with wooden number blocks in it.

5:24 PM · Jun 24, 2024

@KristinaRex

#KarenReadTrial: How will deliberating jurors be selected? Judge Cannone will choose a foreperson. Then ALL jurors will listen to jury instructions. Then 12 will be randomly selected to deliberate — literally by a bingo cage with wooden number blocks in it.

5:24 PM · Jun 24, 2024
God I would be so annoyed if I sat through all this then didn't get to participate in the outcome.

Ok, in broad daylight Jillian Daniels and James Farris went after AK with assault and battery...and they were charged...what can any of them do behind closed doors all liquidered up??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces